Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? (12106 Views)

Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? / 3d Animators Corner / To All 3d Animators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by layi(m): 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2006
This is not a project that can be completed as a virtual team. We need to synergize our efforst. we ned to meet in person. Plans are in top gears. I've met wit a few folks on NL and we've made good progress already. Proposal will be going to Daimond bank and Disney. we have peeps in those institutions. Send me a Pm if you're in lagos and u got good ideas.

As per showcasing what i've done. they are animations not just models that can be uploaded here. Real heavy. To see them..pm me for my studio add.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by zPixel(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2006
Am a new member to this forum and am happy with the project on ground. I will like to be a part of the project because i will like to see a 3d industry come up in nigeria.

I use maya and am familiar with modeling, texturing and lighting am still learning animation. I will post some of my works later.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by DeepThough: 2:47am On Jan 19, 2006
Layi:
Meeting in person may not be easy as it appears we are scattered all over the world. Is it possible to see any of your animations?

Thanks
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by wilsonhaze(m): 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2006
bala2007 wats up?, u can join our forums at www.3dprojects.r8.org although few people are showing interest there.

are u guys backing out or what?
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by zPixel(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2006
wilsonhaze the link you provide is missing.

with the way things are going this project might be talked about for another one year without any physical result the earlier something is done the better. Lets be serious about this 3d stuff you don't know where it might take us.

Well, when someone is ready to start something serious let me know, am always interested.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by c0dec(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2006
bala2007:

wilsonhaze the link you provide is missing.

try again -> http://www.3dproject.r8.org
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by layi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2006

Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum.

Abeg give me access o.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by 4real(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2006
Well Willy when you go give me access too, and pals how many people stay in Lagos?
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Seun(m): 4:04am On Jan 22, 2006
You people are all talking about animation but no screenshots of the work that you've done.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by layi(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2006
Ok, Here are 2 of my 3d jobs.

http://www.layikamoju.com/pindown_site.jpg

http://www.layikamoju.com/livingroom.jpg

NB: Animations are too heavy but i'll upload a few soon.
www.layikamoju.com is my website
I run Majormedia (web design arm of Dexel Media) here in Ikorodu.
PINDOWN is a record label also here in Ikorodu.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Seun(m): 11:11am On Feb 03, 2006
I'm impressed, bro. Keep it up!
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by c0dec(m): 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2006
and so how far with u guys? anything positive?
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by 4real(m): 2:03am On Feb 10, 2006
well i don't want to sound like the devil but i guess i said that with the way things where going, we would all just end up talking, and i guess that is what is happening, well sha lets talk some more
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by elderly: 2:13am On Feb 15, 2006
Hi,
I need a cd containing footage for
music video
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by 4real(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2006
elderly what do you want to use it for. tell me and i would see what i can do to help you, but this is not the tread to place such a request,
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Viper(m): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2006
I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS THREAD FROM PAGE ONE TO HERE AND I WILL SAY I AM IMPRESSED.
BUT!! WHY IS THERE NO "ACTION"? THIS IS PART OF A DREAM I HAVE BEEN WILLING TO ACCOMPLISH JUST NEVER HAD THE GUYS TO "STAY WITH ME" ON THIS KIND OF JOURNEY.

I HAVE THE TOOL NEEDED(software respect) , maya7, max 8, animation master 2005and could get anyother needed for the lifetime project to kickoff

NOW, THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN THIS THING AND THAT ARE IN LAGOS/OGUN/OYO or that can make it to lagos on a chosen date, CAN U KINDLY EMAIL ME ON jyfhalord1@gmail.com, SO AS TO FIX A MEETING SO WE CAN MAKE THIS THING HAPPEN.
Those out of the country that are willing to be part of it also let me know.
kindly drop you name and number so i can call you back and we all could agree at a meeting point in lagos, preferably somewhere calm.

so guys, let me know if you are ready to make-it-happen.

cheers

Jyfhalord1.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by wilsonhaze(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2006
well work is about to kick off on the other forums website.
sorry for those of ya'll that think that this project is all about talk talk,  its about action
and software is not a problem, anybody into 3d should have a software,
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by qleyo(f): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2006
Theres so much to address here that I do not know where to begin, and this is the problem with Nigerians everybody wants to jump before running or even walking. Investing $6M into a project with a "question mark" is not a smart move, and like others have said previously its good you boys are talking and well starting a plan.

I personally disagree with going with a full blown movie, you need to bite the bullet and do a short 3d clip, say 5min long, it would be dead easy to get it on TV, give it to TV for free and make sure at the end you include information about the creators.

This is an example of a movie created by a friend of a friend, http://www.thebutterflyfilm.co.uk/320x240.html he did it mostly by himself (the making of the film here http://www.thebutterflyfilm.co.uk/making_of.html) notice how his "studio" consists of 2 computers and lots and lots paper, and it is 5min and 20secs long. Notice no use of real vocals to save costs (and still very creative) some more work by him http://www.thebutterflyfilm.co.uk/Stop%20motion.html when he was 12 and 15. Now in terms of costs, have you heard of Blender? http://blender3d.org/cms/Home.2.0.html
Its nothing like 3D max in terms of the UI, its a bit more complex to learn but once you get it you get it and love it. Its completely open source and they are tons and tons of tutorials online for FREE. O and it works very well with OpenGL.

So please start small, develop from home, the company I work for (design consultancy) do alot of outsourcing to freelancers who work from home, so I see no reason why you cannot do the same. Personally without the animation I am quite impressed with your work already (Layi and wilson get in touch).

Also think results and a plan "together with" resources, money is ONE of the factors that make up any plan it should not be the sole starter and finisher (when you see there aren't enough resources you cut down the plan, and resources are people, man power, funding etc).

Lastly, OS X is the designer's platform, brand new mac mini's are going pretty cheap. A full mac mini system (with airport, bluetooth) and a 17 inch TFT will cost you approx £500 (I know this because this exactly what I have). The new line of intel macs are 5x faster and my 1.25 G4 handles Studio 8, Abobe CS2 (Photoshop, acrobat etc), Runs Apache, MySQL, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Netbeans, Xcode, endless so imagine how much power AND stability you would have.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Viper(m): 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2006
qleyo,

i like the quality of your friends animation.
did try.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by biddoo(m): 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2006
hi,

i just heard about this 3d animation project and i am very much interested. i hope there is still space for someone with some passion for animated  movies specially directed for nigeria viewers. i kind of stumbled on this forum and was glad some folks with my kind of passion are out there. please i beg, let me know if there is still chance for me. i tried to register on the other forum but havent been granted access yet.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Seun(m): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2006
I agree with gleyo's opinion. It's better to start small. I have had no luck with negotiating with these individuals.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by c0dec(m): 7:12am On Mar 02, 2006
qleyo:

O and it works very well with OpenGL.

it works, but it's a pain! not fun at all.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by biddoo(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2006
hi y'all,
seems like u guyz have gone ahead with the project and need no more hands. i like to know waz up please. so i can find my levels and move on in another way. i havent been granted access yet to the other forum (3d project).
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by biddoo(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2006
hi  y'all,
seems like u guyz have gone ahead with the project and need no more hands. i like to know waz up please. so i can find my levels and move on in another way. i havent been granted access yet to the other forum (3d project). i will appreciate it if someone at  least reply me.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by c0dec(m): 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2006
be like say those boys don tire. be patient my man.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by gdi(m): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2006
Gday fellow niagerians (just kidding)
y'all re doing well with the idea of a 3d project, just poped in to say its a good thing at such a time as this, this country should move forward, we should start seeing lord of the rings quality of movies in nigeria. by the way anyone' seen chike and the warriors, i think its a good start but my guys down here in school(UNIBEN) think its wack, short of a start " something like -10). pls study a company like pixar studios and know how they do thier work b4 u launch don't dive in without knowing wat u up against. i WILL support u guys anytime, just holla. i do POSER AFTER EFFECTS EXTENSIVE FLASH PHOTOSHOP and a little MAYA (just started). I luv CG can i get a witness scream AMEN. grin
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Ynot(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2006
Most of you must have seen the 45 seconds alien song clip by Victor Navone. He has been working at Pixar Animation Studios simply because Pixar president watched a copy of the animation. So far he has worked on Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Cars, as well as various projects in Pixar Shorts. All made possible because he HAD A SAMPLE CLIP, a damn good clip for that matter. Think about it.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by kokorunna(m): 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2006
Hi Everyone,

Where is this team of 3D animators based, have got an idea.

If its done properly like toy story and shrek, then it can rake in money. Its something have always wanted to do, but am not an animator or graphic designer.

Later smiley
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Zule(m): 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2006
hi guys
whom ever is responsible can u give me access to the 3b project site
i have tried signing in but to no avail
i have even tried using the activation code but could not find where to insert it
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by Maxflame(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2006
Hey dudes and dudettes, 3d animation is something that requires total dedication and lots of hard work. New methods are being discovered daily to make this par of the media industry very volatile in the sense that you always have to update your knowledge of it. Gone are the ages where you can get called up by Pixar of disney just by seeing your short, if at all they do it has to be hollywood standard coz the competition is quite high. Nigeria is still new to 3d animation in a way but that doesn't mean its a fast money spinner coz the mentality the people who have the money to sponsor such projects have are terrible. 3d animation takes time and skill but they want you to shove it out in thesame timeframe they shove out nigerian home videos. Incase you think i'm all talk here's my online portfolio http://maxflame.cgsociety.org/gallery/ which is just average compared to the works you'll see by other members of the forum here www.cgsociety.org Good luck.
Re: Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? by yma(f): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2006
Would be interested in seeing some of your work if you are based in Lagos, there is an animation project I'm working on that I would like to run by you - is there a website I can contact you via, regards yma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Makes Nikon I Am Football Photography Competition Top 20 / Whatsapp Group For Graphics Design / 3d Modeling And Animation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.