Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. (29430 Views)

Herdsmen: 100 Killed In One Day Under Goodluck Jonathan. / Take A Look At Federal Appointments Under Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Reminds Nigerians Of "Freedom Enjoyed" Under His Watch Via Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by lurex2rhyme(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
dvee2:

How old are you abeg?
I pass. D age question has no relevance to d above subject.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by otitokoroleti: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
did occupy Nigeria stay in your ineffectual buffoon gate?
Even at that, a protest against fuel increment is different from a protest against a healthy sitting president that is recuperating to resigned just like that.
Even Carry the protest to foreign land where he was resting.
Has anybody or tribe or political party ever do that to your ineffectual buffoon?
how many days GEJ spent abroad for medical during his 5years rule?

Within the last 2years, how many days Buhari don spend outside the country on health issue?

Can any civil servant enjoy the same privilege Buhari enjoyed as regard health issue?

I need your answers.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by CrtlAltDel: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
otitokoroleti:

deal with who? Those idiot are pained that their game is over & they tries to fight back but they get it double from me. before I opened the thread, I fought ponzi since 2016. You accused me of promoting ponzi but up till now, you are yet to proof your point with fact which means you are saying nonsense just to blackmail your dead brain papa.

As regard baba ijebu, na wise men fit forecast am & stake am.
Gambling is not a scam unlike ponzi, a woman just won over $750m jackpot in America which tells you that gambling is a game of luck.
Besides, point to where I ever promote gambling as failure to do so shows that your papa na certified maalu
My oh my…. .guy I am not insulting you at all. I am saying stick to your fifty fifty naira baba ijebu section, you are good at it. The politics section is way beyond your baba ijebu intellectual capacity.. End of story

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Fazemood(m): 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
otitokoroleti:

Within the last 2years, how many days Buhari don spend outside the country on health issue?

Can any civil servant enjoy the same privilege Buhari enjoyed as regard health issue?

I need your answers.
Ask Them, Hypocrite Gov't, Emassing And Enjoying The Returned Loots They Claim To Have Recovered. I Laugh, These Guys Following APC Are Clueless.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Jesusloveyou: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sonoyom:
Can the above be compared to thousands of Shia Muslims killed in Kaduna?
Or unarmed IPOB protesters killed?....... Hypocrites!
iPods said buhari you are a madman, come kill us, and the army mistakenly and in anger kill two iPods. And you are crying for a just cause.
The same way your supreme leader is insulting and forming bss. If they arrest him now, you will be the first to accuse buhari for arresting your supreme leader, after inviting them to arrest him.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by otitokoroleti: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

My oh my…. .guy I am not insulting you at all. I am saying stick to your fifty fifty naira baba ijebu section, you are good at it. The politics section is way beyond your baba ijebu intellectual capacity.. End of story
lol, I'm not a political jobber like you that all they do is to asslick corrupt men that made their life miserable.
You don't have 1% out of 100% knowledge that I have in naija politics.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by MaziOmenuko: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
dongila001:
Hunger go kill you ooo

Lol...I believe I can comfortably fend for you and your immediate family.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by muffyt05: 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
chairman010:
bros op,
if you are actually trying to compare Jonathan and buhari in terms of any type of freedom enjoyed the citizens under their government, buhari did not come anywhere near Jonathan. if what you are trying to do is divert attention from buhari and what he stands for, you have failed too, and if you are still at the blame game, that will be too unfortunate

The OP gave many undisputed facts,you name one rather than blab
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Bizibi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
After the argument everyone will go back to reality and endure under this lazy govt.
Smh,some Nigerians are indeed stupid

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by CrtlAltDel: 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
otitokoroleti:

lol, I'm not a political jobber like you that all they do is to asslick corrupt men that made their life miserable.
You don't have 1% out of 100% knowledge that I have in naija politics.
Hehehe… ..see kettle calling pot black, you support PDP dont you… well your past post has betrayed you on that, so PDP are saints and by supporting them are you not "asslicking" corrupt men right?
Secondaly, again, you have proved me right with this post and I stand by what I said politics section is way beyond your intellectual capacity……. Stick to Baba Ijebu
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by otitokoroleti: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Hehehe… ..see kettle calling pot black, you support PDP dont you… well your past post has betrayed you on that, so PDP are saints and by supporting them are you not "asslicking" corrupt men right?
Secondaly, again, you have proved me right with this post and I stand by what I said politics section is way beyond your intellectual capacity……. Stick to Baba Ijebu
grin grin grin
anybody that's against evil act of APC is now supporting PDP right? show me where I campaign for PDP. besides, can a PDP man commend Ambode of APC abi you've never seen my post where I salute the man?
You are a kid otherwise you will realize that opposition makes the ruling party do good to the people they govern.
& at baba ijebu stuff, if you need game let me know & I will direct you to where to get it for free. it seems you wan stake game to end your poverty but I doubt if you will get out of poverty staking baba ijebu or else it will destroy your life the more.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by konfused: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
Two wrongs do not make a right, in all these instances, Gej was mostly attacking the same political class as him, but BUBU is against the common man voicing his displeasure with the government of the day.

If you like paint GEJ black, he was voted out because he was incompetent, but trying to justify the ineptitude of this government by comparing it with that of GEJ means you are alluding to the fact that this government is also incompetent as GEJ government ....Simple
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Jesusloveyou: 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
otitokoroleti:

I need your answers.
how much did buhari pay fuel subsidy scammers, and your ineffectual buffoon still want us to pay above 200naira on top of 2.6tr naira he foolishly give the scammers. That is why I joyfully joined the protest- occupy Nigeria in Benin.
But what has buhari done wrong by transmitted power to his vice., everyone were working, which does not affect the operating system of the country even if buhari decide to rest for 2yrs.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Kingspin(m): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good evening all.

It is no longer news that ex President Goodluck Jonathan indirectly took a swipe at the current administration in response to her plans to clamp down on inflammatory and hate speeches that seem to have become the norm on our social media space. His comments suggested that during his regime Nigerians enjoyed freedoms only comparable to those obtainable in the most advanced countries, especially in the West.

Especially, his fans and supporters had a field day doing what they do best, trying to turn history in its head, just like Jonathan himself, in total disregard for truth and recorded history!

Their conduct was appalling and shocking to say the least.

For some of us, there can be nothing more scandalous than this for we know and will not, in the blink of an eye, forget how oppressive and repressive that regime was. The only credit those of us old and shrewd enough to recollect the past can give to Jonathan as regards respect for democratic freedoms and principles is his concession of defeat in a contest in which he was beaten roundly and squarely.

Let no one be deceived, his acceptance of defeat was as much a favour to Nigeria as it was to himself. He sure knew what might have been had he done otherwise.

Now, let us take a trip down memory lane and peel some skin off "FREEROM ICON" Jonathan, and see just how deserving of the title and accolades he truly is:

Come with me:

1. Governors Forum Crises (2013): A lot of political pundits insist this marked the beginning of Jonathan downfall, forget his crass incompetence.

In a simple election involving 35 participants and two contestants, Jonathan's interference saw to it that this more or less political pressure group was fractured beyond redemption resulting in the formation of the PDP Governors Forum chaired by his stooge Godswill Akpabio and another faction of the forum chaired by his preferred candidate who lost in the contest, Jonah Jang.

The election whose video went rival at that time due to its outcome saw Amaechi pulling 19 votes while Jonah Jang pulled 16. Democrat Jonathan insisted Jang won the election and recognised him as the Chairman of the forum giving rise to the much publicised PDP arithmetics where 16 is greater than 19.

This set the precedence for the scenarios that played out in Rivers and Ekiti Houses of Assembly while our "Hero" stood idly by, giving a tacit nod to the obvious anomalies as state police were used to suppress the opposition.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-endorses-gov-jangs-faction/

2. APC National Leader Harassed by the Military: During the heat of the campaigns, keeping faith with their doctrine of hounding and intimidating opposition figures, Bola Tinubu had his house placed under surveillance by the military when he wasn't indicted for any federal offence. The national leader responded to this in a manner that set social media on fire, placing a banner in front of his house that seemingly pointed the military where they should be looking- Sambisa.

leadership.ng/news/411334/military-places-tinubu-surveillance

3. Journalists Harassed and Newspapers Confiscated: This was one of the greatest assaults on freedom of speech we witnessed under Jonathan. It was a crackdown reminiscent of the dark days of the Khaki Boys.

Hundreds of papers with publications critical of the government's handling of national issues were confiscated and destroyed. Same guys who supported the actions of the government then screamed blue murder when reports circulated the press that Buhari had barred AIT from covering his activities.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

dailypost.ng/2014/06/06/soldiers-seize-thousands-leadership-nation-vanguard-newspapers-friday-edition/

www.punchng.com/news/military-sss-seize-destroy-major-nigerian-newspapers/

4. APC Office Raided: This was another very dark
day in our democratic experience and marked an upsurge in the use of state security agents to harass and gag the opposition. Under the guise of carrying out an investigation, offices of the opposition were raided with computers and other instruments confiscated and destroyed. It was one of the lowest points of the DSS and somewhat signalled its complete evolution into an arm of the PDP.

The DSS at a press conference displayed items "discovered" at the office during the raid and they were computers, hard drives and other electronic accessories- hell it was a data centre!! Were they expecting to find chopsticks and stoves

www.naij.com/329843-lagos-apc-office-stormed-by-dss-soldiers-data-confiscated.html

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/apc-office-raid-dss-releases-list-recovered-items/

5. Buhari's Plane Barred from Landing: Another shameful incident where a plane conveying opposition bigwigs (then), including her flag bearer, on a campaign trail was refused landing rights in Makurdi and they had to return to Abuja. My question is, what if there wasn't sufficient fuel to take them back to Abuja as they made the u-turn mid-air?? Your guess is as good as mine.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/buharis-aircraft-barred-landing-makurdi-airport/

saharareporters.com/2014/11/26/buharis-jet-barred-landing-makurdi

6. Protesters and Senator Shot in Rivers: Another gut wrenching incident that demonstrated the partisan nature of our security apparatus under ex president Jonathan. In a continuation of the government's crackdown on the opposition, citizens who were on a peaceful protest in Rivers state were shot at with live and rubber bullets and a Senator was hit twice in the chest. Thankfully, he
survived and a serious crises was averted.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/rivers-crisis-senator-abe-shot-flown-london/

7. APC Women Protesters Teargassed: This was another horrid incident that demonstrated the ex president's disdain for opposition and civil liberties.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/police-fire-tear-gas-at-apc-women-protesters-in-rivers/

8. Jonathan Orders Withdrawal of Speaker's Security Detail: Arguably the most vicious assault on our democracy by the ex president. This much publicised incident that needs no introduction earned the ex president (and deservedly so) local and international disrepute and condemnation. People had started to see him as the worst civilian dictator in the country's history. If you ask me, this incident drove the last nail into the coffin of Jonathan's 2015 ambition.

leadership.ng/news/388651/jonathan-orders-withdrawal-tambuwals-security-details

www.channelstv.com/2014/10/30/tambuwals-security-details-withdrawn/

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/170346-jonathan-orders-withdrawal-of-tambuwals-security-details.html

9. Soldiers shoot to disperse protesters in Ojota, Lagos as secret police raids CNN's office: Here's another account of Jonathan's "tollerance" for freedom and human rights. We can all remember that administration's response to Occupy Nigeria protests except of course we want to be deliberately forgetful.

http://saharareporters.com/2012/01/16/soldiers-shoot-disperse-occupy-protesters-lagos-nigerian-secret-police-raids-cnns-office

These are but a few events the Mr Freedom subjected Nigerians to. Indeed it would be a herculean task convincing people of sound minds as to the propriety of referring to Mr Jonathan as a protector and promoter of freedoms in this country.

Thanks for reading.

Give us OBJ and Abacha own.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Sunnyja: 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
SonofDevil:
Patience Jonathan direct his fans to stone APC supporters pre election in rivers state that is a perfect example of freedom of association under President Jonathangrin
PGEJ was said to have "directed", but GEJ -the commander in chief of the arm forces was actually stoned in the north by assembled alimarijis youths and not a single bullet was fired by his security team
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Jesusloveyou: 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2017
otitokoroleti:

I need your answers.
how much did buhari pay fuel subsidy scammers, and your ineffectual buffoon still want us to pay above 200naira on top of 2.6tr naira he foolishly give the scammers. That is why I joyfully joined the protest- occupy Nigeria in Benin.
But what has buhari done wrong by transmitted power to his vice., everyone were working, which does not affect the operating system of the country even if buhari decide to rest for 2yrs. Or even working from home
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Johnnyessence(m): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nigeria people and the good people of Zaria won't forget the shedding of innocent blood of shittes muslim. All in the name of stopping this group in northern Nigeria. Clueless Pmb brought the military to caused the killings of the innocent people in the crisis last year. Even the children of the leader were killed. Rip. This is the link: 1. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Zaria_massacre. 2. saharareporters.com/2015/12/13/nigerian-military-killed-least-100-shiites-zaria-0. 3. https://www.naij.com/1005449-breaking-angry-youth-attack-shia-members-set-ablaze-leaders-home-kaduna.html. Also we should not forget the heinous killings of IPOB members by the Nigeria military as directed by clueless PMB. He did this acts all in the name of stopping freedom of speech and expression. These are the links of the killings of innocents IPOB members. 1. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Pro-Biafra_Protesters_(2015-2016). 2. punchng.com/seast-senators-demand-probe-ipob-killings/ up till today we are demanding for justice of these innocent killings of shiittes members in Zaria and the innovent IPOB members. We are demanding international court and amnesty international for more of their reports on this killings.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Bizibi(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
Alariwo2:
GEJ is an infidel (In every sense of the word).

He was a big mistake that should never have happened. #Never again will we have such useless people in the corridors of power again.

God bless PMB
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
a jihadist has spoken
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by eagleu: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good evening all.

It is no longer news that ex President Goodluck Jonathan indirectly took a swipe at the current administration in response to her plans to clamp down on inflammatory and hate speeches that seem to have become the norm on our social media space. His comments suggested that during his regime Nigerians enjoyed freedoms only comparable to those obtainable in the most advanced countries, especially in the West.

Especially, his fans and supporters had a field day doing what they do best, trying to turn history in its head, just like Jonathan himself, in total disregard for truth and recorded history!

For some of us, there can be nothing more scandalous than this for we know and will not, in the blink of an eye, forget how oppressive and repressive that regime was. The only credit those of us old and shrewd enough to recollect the past can give to Jonathan as regards respect for democratic freedoms and principles is his concession of defeat in a contest in which he was beaten roundly and squarely.

Let no one be deceived, his acceptance of defeat was as much a favour to Nigeria as it was to himself. He sure knew what might have been had he done otherwise.

Now, let us take a trip down memory lane and peel some skin off "FREEROM ICON" Jonathan, and see just how deserving of the title and accolades he truly is:

Comparing the democratic credentials of GEJ with Buhari is like comparing night and day.
While GEJ might have been naive, inexperienced, and sometimes down right silly in his approach, Buhari was, is, and always will be a perfect definition of a dictator!

Unlike people who work for BMC, I have always said that despite GEJ's short comings, the fact that he basically tolerated people to call him names, abuse him, and even undermined his own government was actually good for our democracy. You have been one of those who had called GEJ many unprintable names here on N/L. However, your tone changed once Buhari moved into Aso Rock, you suddenly started asking for respect for the office. All of a sudden, we don't hear about the Otuoke drunk, dullard, etc; now you want everyone to hail Buhari as the savior he is not.

For Buhari, any real or imagined disrespect, opposition, or challenge has to be dealt with formally or informally. Remember what happened to the poor man who committed a crime by naming his dog Buahri?
That's just one example of intolerant atmosphere occasioned by Buhari's body language.
Prior to wining GEJ, Buhari ran an outlaw radio station called Chanji, where he preached hatred, religious, and ethnic division for many years. Guess what he did when he came into office? He began to arrest outlaw radio operators who used to challenge government like him.

Yes, there were some infractions during GEJ administration, some by opposition, some by law enforcement, and some by area boys. GEJ had always vigorous denied these associations to violence. Today, Buhari doesn't even bother acknowledge, address, or deny violence against the opposition, because they are doing his bidding. There is just no way to compare GEJ tenure as president with Buhari's despotic approach to democracy.[/quote]

Come with me:

1. Governors Forum Crises (2013): A lot of political pundits insist this marked the beginning of Jonathan downfall, forget his crass incompetence.

In a simple election involving 35 participants and two contestants, Jonathan's interference saw to it that this more or less political pressure group was fractured beyond redemption resulting in the formation of the PDP Governors Forum chaired by his stooge Godswill Akpabio and another faction of the forum chaired by his preferred candidate who lost in the contest, Jonah Jang.

The election whose video went rival at that time due to its outcome saw Amaechi pulling 19 votes while Jonah Jang pulled 16. Democrat Jonathan insisted Jang won the election and recognised him as the Chairman of the forum giving rise to the much publicised PDP arithmetics where 16 is greater than 19.

This set the precedence for the scenarios that played out in Rivers and Ekiti Houses of Assembly while our "Hero" stood idly by, giving a tacit nod to the obvious anomalies as state police were used to suppress the opposition.

What's the state of the governors' forum today?
A fifth column extra-constitutional body created by ambitious governor to challenge the president and the legislature. Any surprise that today we have mostly APC and PDP governors' forum. Here's one area GEJ fell behind the A-ball, he should have nipped that in the bud a long time ago, before Amaechi used it to form opposition against him. GEJ remained timid, and allowed the association to progress at his own detriment. Imagine what a Buhari would have done to a group of recalcitrant governors plotting against him? He would have either killed them all, or have his attack dogs to after them and members of their families. Yet GEJ just sat there and watched.[/quote]

2. APC National Leader Harassed by the Military: During the heat of the campaigns, keeping faith with their doctrine of hounding and intimidating opposition figures, Bola Tinubu had his house placed under surveillance by the military when he wasn't indicted for any federal offence. The national leader responded to this in a manner that set social media on fire, placing a banner in front of his house that seemingly pointed the military where they should be looking- Sambisa.

leadership.ng/news/411334/military-places-tinubu-surveillance.
Tinubu's problem with stealing public fund started well before OBJ's time, GEJ allowed it to go to trial. When Tinubu won, guess what? The case was discharged. Today, you can count how many opposition politicians have won cases against the government like Tinubu did, and they are still being held by a corrupt dictator called Buhari. You remember Dasuki?[/quote]

3. Journalists Harassed and Newspapers Confiscated: This was one of the greatest assaults on freedom of speech we witnessed under Jonathan. It was a crackdown reminiscent of the dark days of the Khaki Boys.

Hundreds of papers with publications critical of the government's handling of national issues were confiscated and destroyed. Same guys who supported the actions of the government then screamed blue murder when reports circulated the press that Buhari had barred AIT from covering his activities.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

dailypost.ng/2014/06/06/soldiers-seize-thousands-leadership-nation-vanguard-newspapers-friday-edition/

In the good old days, when a newspaper published unfavorable article about wealth people, they simply buy up all copies of the paper. Today, that's a waste of time. Buhari's DSS will simply arrest, jail, and even kill the journalist. Remember Dr. Danjuma in Kaduna who crossed El Rufai's and APC line with his honest assessment of south Kaduna Fulani herdsmen massacre?

Speaking of Fulani herdsmen, where were they when GEJ's honest government was in office? Today, farmers all over the country are threatened by Buhari and his Fulani brothers, and nobody is saying a word about it. Imaging where this was happening under GEJ, smart media practioneers like Lai Mohammed would fashion out a way to benefit from it politically.[/quote]

day in our democratic experience and marked an upsurge in the use of state security agents to harass and gag the opposition. Under the guise of carrying out an investigation, offices of the opposition were raided with computers and other instruments confiscated and destroyed. It was one of the lowest points of the DSS and somewhat signalled its complete evolution into an arm of the PDP.

The DSS at a press conference displayed items "discovered" at the office during the raid and they were computers, hard drives and other electronic accessories- hell it was a data centre!! Were they expecting to find chopsticks and stoves

www.naij.com/329843-lagos-apc-office-stormed-by-dss-soldiers-data-confiscated.html

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/apc-office-raid-dss-releases-list-recovered-items/

Buhari's DSS not only closed down PDP with that clown from Borno as a proxy, but thank God for Buhari's illness that allowed the supreme court to return justice to the real PDP. Remember Metuh, Fayose, George, and other PDP members hunted by Buhari extra judicially?[/quote]

5. Buhari's Plane Barred from Landing: Another shameful incident where a plane conveying opposition bigwigs (then), including her flag bearer, on a campaign trail was refused landing rights in Makurdi and they had to return to Abuja. My question is, what if there wasn't sufficient fuel to take them back to Abuja as they made the u-turn mid-air?? Your guess is as good as mine.

Buhari's or Amachi's plane not landing on time was a function of the local airport condition at that time. many times these greedy politicians want first consideration in everything. Today, they do exactly the same thing to other people. Amaechi is transportation minister, how many times have the airports cancelled landings for other Nigerians? the answer is many times.[/quote]

6. Protesters and Senator Shot in Rivers: Another gut wrenching incident that demonstrated the partisan nature of our security apparatus under ex president Jonathan. In a continuation of the government's crackdown on the opposition, citizens who were on a peaceful protest in Rivers state were shot at with live and rubber bullets and a Senator was hit twice in the chest. Thankfully, he

You're describing a clash between opposing political groups, because GEJ's wife was involved, doesn't make it a GEJ responsibility. Anyway, for Buhari, he will simply draft armed solders to come shoot t he opposition, and then cover up later. The senator "shot in the chest twice" is alive and healthy after the gun shot wounds that didn't produce 1 drop of blood gave him an acting opportunity in front of the cameras. We actually remember the truth! On the contrary, go ask shiek Zaky and his followers who were brutally murdered by Buhari's army in Kaduna for belonging to a different islamic sect. [/quote]

7. APC Women Protesters Teargassed: This was another horrid incident that demonstrated the ex president's disdain for opposition and civil liberties.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/police-fire-tear-gas-at-apc-women-protesters-in-rivers/
Dispersing organised and unlawfully gathered protesters with tear gas is better than sending them to heaven directly with live armo.[/quote]

8. Jonathan Orders Withdrawal of Speaker's Security Detail: Arguably the most vicious assault on our democracy by the ex president. This much publicised incident that needs no introduction earned the ex president (and deservedly so) local and international disrepute and condemnation. People had started to see him as the worst civilian dictator in the country's history. If you ask me, this incident drove the last nail into the coffin of Jonathan's 2015 ambition.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/170346-jonathan-orders-withdrawal-of-tambuwals-security-details.html

Enough of this personal cry of humiliation from Tambuwal, first someone called him 'that Hausa boy', next someone didn't offer him a seat on time, etc. He should go ask Saraki what it fells like to emerge speaker or senate president without your party's approval. Saraki is still suffering from Buhari's attempt to choke the life out of him, while Tambuwal get mouth to talk nonsense![/quote]

9. Soldiers shoot to disperse protesters in Ojota, Lagos as secret police raids CNN's office: Here's another account of Jonathan's "tollerance" for freedom and human rights. We can all remember that administration's response to Occupy Nigeria protests except of course we want to be deliberately forgetful.

http://saharareporters.com/2012/01/16/soldiers-shoot-disperse-occupy-protesters-lagos-nigerian-secret-police-raids-cnns-office

These are but a few events the Mr Freedom subjected Nigerians to. Indeed it would be a herculean task convincing people of sound minds as to the propriety of referring to Mr Jonathan as a protector and promoter of freedoms in this country.

Thanks for reading.

Occupy was an early trial balloon by Tinubu and associates to test the waters, they obstructed non participants, and once again GEJ failed to nip thing in the bud, he allowed it to fester.
For Buhari, an opposition figure like Tinubu for GEJ would have since been in jail, charged, prosecute, and jailed in the press by Buhari's EFCC and DSS, and of course without any formal court sentencing!

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Johnnyessence(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
dvee2:

Ask them to bring fact they would start digressing bla bla bla. we are talking about you bringing facts to counter the OP'S argument, you are talking about economy. If you want to talk about economy start another topic. for now bring proof to counter him or forever remain quiet.
You think we forgot when GEJ AWARDED CONTRACT OF $40 MILLION DOLLARS TO AN ISREALLI COMPANY TO MONITOR INTERNET COMMUNICATION BY NIGERIANS?
Nigeria people and the good people of Zaria won't forget the shedding of innocent blood of shittes muslim. All in the name of stopping this group in northern Nigeria. Clueless Pmb brought the military to caused the killings of the innocent people in the crisis last year. Even the children of the leader were killed. Rip. This is the link: 1. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Zaria_massacre. 2. saharareporters.com/2015/12/13/nigerian-military-killed-least-100-shiites-zaria-0. 3. https://www.naij.com/1005449-breaking-angry-youth-attack-shia-members-set-ablaze-leaders-home-kaduna.html. Also we should not forget the heinous killings of IPOB members by the Nigeria military as directed by clueless PMB. He did this acts all in the name of stopping freedom of speech and expression. These are the links of the killings of innocents IPOB members. 1. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Pro-Biafra_Protesters_(2015-2016). 2. punchng.com/seast-senators-demand-probe-ipob-killings/ up till today we are demanding for justice of these innocent killings of shiittes members in Zaria and the innovent IPOB members. We are demanding international court and amnesty international for more of their reports on this killings. We can't forget the money former SGF babachir lawal embezzled. These money was signed by the same clueless pmb.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by CrtlAltDel: 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
otitokoroleti:

anybody that's against evil act of APC is now supporting PDP right? show me where I campaign for PDP. besides, can a PDP man commend Ambode of APC abi you've never seen my post where I salute the man?
You are a kid otherwise you will realize that opposition makes the ruling party do good to the people they govern.
& at baba ijebu stuff, if you need game let me know & I will direct you to where to get it for free. it seems you wan stake game to end your poverty but I doubt if you will get out of poverty staking baba ijebu or else it will destroy your life the more.
"Evil act of APC"…… Jesus, NL una see, this dude supports saint PDP that has never done evil to Nigerians
Guy, stop proving me right, you are not making it challenging at all
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by burkingx(f): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=Kingbuhari post=59847796][/quote]

1 Like

Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by otitokoroleti: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

"Evil act of APC"…… Jesus, NL una see, this dude supports saint PDP that has never done evil to Nigerians
Guy, stop proving me right, you are not making it challenging at all
grin grin grin
PDP is not saint because we are all in this country but they are better than APC although not the best for Nigeria.
My anger with APC is that they are black pot accusing manageable kettle.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenkaLives(m): 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
maxiflexy:
omenkalivesop may God bless you for always exposing the hypocrites on this forum, if not for you I would have believe the Biafra leader had a job in London until you brought that screen shot of hw his company was worth just €300 grin grin
wink cool
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by ComputerSeller: 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
VULCAN:
One must give honour to whom it is due.

The BMC crew are highly focused and committed to their task of destroying the image and legacy of Jonathan.

I respect them and as a business owner I look out for staff that can exhibit even 10% of these traits.

Of course the reality that we have slipped in EVERY SINGLE World Bank indice of economic growth, infant mortality and ease of doing business etc since Buhari came to power is lost on them because of the crumbs that fall from the APC table.

I find it amusing that OP who was initially funded from APC purse but now being funded from the national purse expects people who are either gainfully employed, students or unemployed to go trawling through media to pick incidents of Buhari's evil activities against his enemies.

Unlike him and his colleagues who have received their salary backlog this past week, many people are too hungry or too engaged to do such.

Let me reiterate, I respect their dedication to their work, it is highly commendable.

But a word of advice, many of the weak minded people who were swayed by your Crew in 2015 will NOT vote for Buhari in the next election, so if I was your handler i wud spend more time planning to rig the election than attacking Jonathan because the economic realities of Nigeria by 2019 will allow only the almajiris and a few yoruba APC street boys to vote Buhari again.

Under Buhari we now have girls in Nigeria collecting money to do porn (while showing their faces), under Buhari parents are now selling their kids to survive, under Buhari you can now get someone murdered for just 5k.

I look forward to 2019

PS. This in no way is an endorsement of Jonathan who was and still is a weak incompetent leader and an hausa bootlicker who did not even leave a single tangible project in Bayelsa state both as Governor and President

I actively campaigned online against GEJ in 2015, (including this forum, though with anti PDP name). I was driven by patriotism. I defended PMB before fellow Christians who see PMB as bigoted ethno-religious fanatic.I told friends PMB was a refined democrat in 2015. Today I walk about in shame, because of the insults "thrown at me", due to PMB's unprecedented hypocrisy and disgust disregard for democratic norms.

Before I go off tangent, your post is one of the best I have read here this year.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by sddiamond: 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
sarrki:

Mechonu
Anu offia
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Jelal0007(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
PeterObi2019:

The facts are everywhere... Just like the air... Only zombies will claim ignorance
Same way wailers have eyes but choose not to see.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by BabaRamotu1988: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
wink cool
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by MrGerald(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good evening all.

Come with me:

leadership.ng/news/411334/military-places-tinubu-surveillance

Thanks for reading.

If these few instances were the only bad parts or intimidation we suffered under gej, then we really had freedom compared to this administration
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenkaLives(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
arinze3131:
sometimes pple bahave like animals and I wonder wia they come from. how can a sensible human being compare Jonathan's regime nd dullard regime? wia do we start d comparison?has some pple sealed their conscious dat they cannot differeciate gud nd bad? can d open b honest 2 himself for once and tell himself d truth? look at how Fulani are killing pple daily even in their father's house and nobody Z talking. look at d price of commodity in d mrkt and nobody Z talking. look at how security Personnels kill ND harass anybody protesting against Buhari but escort ND lead those protest in his favor. look at how Buhari and apc are silencing everybody dat Z not in apc in d name of fighting corruption but protect their corrupt members. how many pple have hv been killed in Benue alone by d fulanis since buhari became d president and a stupid benue man Z here justifying his actions. Are pple simply stupid or foolish or d combination of both? wot evil has Buhari not Don 2 Nigerians especially dose dat do not share d same religious belief wit him? can d Op sincerely say dat he like everytin dat Z happening in d country now? nonsense pple everywia all in a bid 2 please Buhari and his blood sucking apc.
Emotional kid. smiley

That is outside the point here. Insult all you want, after all, that's the most you jonathanians can do. Small sense, nada.
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenkaLives(m): 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
AntiIPOB:
How old are you,when has Fulani killing started in Nigeria?

Please just seal your lips and read comments.

You have no single reasonable points to debunk the above points.
No mind the small pikin. smiley
Re: A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
gberra:
The Buhari that I know will never gag press freedom

Yes he was recalled after same State House under Bubu's watch barred him. So what's the link with GEJ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" / 2023: I’m Not Member Of APC, I’m Running Home After Serving Buhari – Adesina / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Rehabilitation Of Akanu Ibiam Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.