Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Best And Worst Marriage Advices - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best And Worst Marriage Advices (9103 Views)

The Best And Worst Sleeping Position As A Couple [PHOTO] / My Newly Married Wife Is A Lesbian...#i Need Your Advices / The Best And Worst Places To Be A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Sissy3(f): 11:39am On Mar 19, 2010
Best:

"While children are very, very important, I always say that the best thing couples can do for their children is to put their marriages first. If they don't, there won't be a marriage".
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by onlysose(m): 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2010
Nature has thought us that in any situation in the life of humankind there is a head.
the husdand is always the head of the family, head in the sense that he should respect the opinion of his spouse. It is also important for the husband to be very active at night, lets try to drill them to their satisfaction.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by b0y(m): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
Best advice from my divorced Uncle: 'The man is made to be the head of the house and the wife ought to be submissive.Whenever she violates this RULE, beat the hell out of her, leave the house for her for a whole day then bring her nice things the following day.If she continues, my boy, marry a second wife!'
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by ekoboy: 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^^^
LOL, Very good advice from a divorcee.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by otukpo(f): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
Bad: No matter what ur husband does to u, remain with him in his house, it is ur home. Never u go back to ur father's house.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by beknown(m): 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2010
Waow!

I can see there are some very good women in the house.

Keep it up, you know yourselves.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by slyk2(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
From my lady cousin====tell that girl all she wants to hear. spray some money around, buy her stuffs, when she comes in anything she sees, she cannot run away.

Of course she is a failure with her husband grin cool embarassed tongue
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by slyk2(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2010
Be careful when your spouse is taking advise from PASTORS especially the new generation ones. They can SCATTER a well organized home.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by cola: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2010
best: any time you see something you don't like about your spouse or she/he does something you don't like, think and dwell on something good she/he had done in the past that you really like or something about him/her that you like very much.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by swintec: 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
Best: Don't Oppose your husband especially in front of other people.  If you don't agree with him you can keep quiet or express your opinion calmly when both of you are alone.

Bad: Hide things from him or tell him about it when you have finished taking decision or when the bad part is about to be exposed.

wink cheesy grin[b] Same is applicable to the wife[/b] wink cheesy grin

Best: Men don't criticize your wife in public. Don't call her names or lower her self esteem in anyway. Even if she has done something wrong, wait for the appropriate time to scold her   talk to her.

Bad: To keep her on the rail, beat her. When she is off the rail beat her more.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by swintec: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
Best: from a couple who has been married for over 50 years getting to 60 now and still have a very strong marriage.

Question: what has been keeping you both together for this longest time? whats your secrert?

Answer: "secret? there is no secret my dear. just perseverance, endurance, sacrifice, respect and God. you see the problem with so many todays marriage is that they lack this virtues. you have to preserve in marriage. you must make sacrifices in marriage. and you must learn to endure. she continued. respect is  a huge part because you cant have two captains at a wheel at the same time. you MUST learn to respect each other. and you cant forget those three word "i am sorry"

finally, she said the biggest one is GOD. Remember there are three people involved in a marriage. God, you and your spouse. if you take God out of the equation, you will have a hard time balancing things out. NEVER forget him. make him the captain of your marriage. you will encounter many storms and waves of the ocean in your marriage, but with God in charge, you
will NEVER be shaken"

End of discussion . To me this is the summary of this thread, everything about sustaining  a marriage can be seen from the quote above.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by spicymum(f): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Miss Ife and everyone else:

"Best: don't involve any third party in your marriage and, especially, don't discuss your relationship's issues with friends (or anybody else actually), discuss them with your husband directly."

I agree. But what happens when your husband WOULD NEVER discuss anything with you, or LISTEN when you need to talk or even give you the opportunity to start any discussion I am talking long term, not just for a few nights or days.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Sissy3(f): 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
spicymum:

@Miss Ife and everyone else:

"Best: don't involve any third party in your marriage and, especially, don't discuss your relationship's issues with friends (or anybody else actually), discuss them with your husband directly."

I agree. But what happens when your husband WOULD NEVER discuss anything with you, or LISTEN when you need to talk or even give you the opportunity to start any discussion I am talking long term, not just for a few nights or days.

use your best judgment and the know the kinds of third party you involve
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by 2g4: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2010
Bad Advice: Always welcome your husband in bed with open arms and open legs
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Sissy3(f): 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2010
2g4:

Bad Advice: Always welcome your husband in bed with open arms and open legs

LOL grin cheesy grin
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by bidemi12(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2010
Best marriage advice: Always seek marriage advice on NL.

Worst marriage advice: Never listen to anyone who says you shouldn't.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by trustme1: 12:32am On Mar 20, 2010
best: always make sure you satisfy yourselves in bed  wink (for many have fallen off the path in search of sexual satisfaction)! not forgetting emotional satisfaction too.

best: Never you sacrifice what you need on the alter of what you want. you can never get a 100% of your heart's desire in marriage. 70 to 80% is what you have at home, the remaining 20 to 30% is what you want and it is found outside, it glitters but it is hardly ever gold.

best: always be ready to forgive and even though it is difficult to forget don't make it a habit of digging up graves that are better left alone.

best: no man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is not saying

best: love is an ideal thing, marriage is a real thing. so even if your wedding is made in heaven, your marriage still has to be maintained on earth!

funny: i luv being married. its so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!

worst: dont ever allow ur wife to take upper hand in any argument or quarrel. manufacture a lot of lies and heap it on her, call her a pro.stitue, say u are sure shes having  affairs etc any false accusation will do (for this will make her spend more time trying to defend herself). then, when she breaks down and starts to cry  cry, cuddle her and tell her sorry, that it was a slip of tongue.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 20, 2010
WORST:
To keep your marriage lively,cheat on him once in a while

To a married man from his friend:
She will definitely get over an affair,just go ahead and have it,prove you are a real man.

BEST:

Keep the lines of communication open, never keep score, and always have fiki faka…even if you're old.
Always be ready to say I'm sorry,and learn to forgive.

I dunno where to classify this one,
The secret to a happy marriage is to treat him like your boyfriend, and he should treat you like his girlfriend. Go out to dinner and a movie. Watch p *o *r *n together. You know, the stuff that you do when you are dating.” shocked shocked
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Sissy3(f): 5:31am On Mar 20, 2010
trust_me:

funny: i luv being married. its so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!

lmao grin grin grin

hispinkolo:

I dunno where to classify this one,
The secret to a happy marriage is to treat him like your boyfriend, and he should treat you like his girlfriend. Go out to dinner and a movie. Watch p *o *r *n together. You know, the stuff that you do when you are dating.” shocked shocked

LOL, nah. . . thats bad. real bad
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^
Not bad to watch po.rn with your spouse.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by b0y(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2010
angry what da heck is wrong in watchin po.rn? Please don't give me that shyte! I plan on having more po.rno films in my films shelf than any other film. , Variety is the spice of life naw, All these S.Us on NL sef.Mschew!
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Pame(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2010
I LIKE THE WAY IT'S FLOWING HERE,

MY MUM ADVISED ME NOT TO KEEP TOO CLOSE
CONFICENCE IN ANYONE OUTSIDE MY MARRIAGE

SHE WAS EQUALY ADVICED NOT TO KEEP SUCH KIND OF FRIENDSHIP, ALL THESE AND OTHERS HAVE ALWAYS WORKED BTW US
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Pame(m): 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
what da heck is wrong in watchin po.rn? Please don't give me that shyte! I plan on having more po.rno films in my films shelf than any other film. , Variety is the spice of life naw, All these S.Us on NL sef.Mschew!

DON'T FORGET THAT KIDS ARE AT HOME WATCHING THE TWO OF YOU ON EVERYTHING YOU DO, DONT BE SURPRISED SEE THEM PRACTICE SAME THING WHEN YOU ARE NOT THERE, WHATEVER BEHAVIOR OR ATTITUDE YOU NOTICE IN KIDS, TRACE 90% OF IT TO THEIR HOMES AND THE REST TO THEIR COLLEAGUES IN SCHOOL.

YOU MAY THINK THEY ARE SMALL, NOT LOOKING AT YOU OR OSTENSIBLY LOOKING SO INDIFFERENT IN WHAT YOU DO, IT ALL REGISTERS IN THEIR MIND
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^^^
Except you live in a one room shack, how will your kids watch?
You can watch as much po.rn but keep it under lock.
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by daog: 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2010
best advice
be submissive in marriage,
patience can settle a lot of things

worst advice
don't keep shut wen u'r angry
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by touchmeder: 12:34am On Mar 21, 2010
lol love this thread
m not married but ive heard some nonsense
worst: a man will be a man let him be. as long as he is feeding you and taking care of the children let him chase the woman outside thats not ur business, you have your children to bother about at the end of the day he will still come home.

so wot if he eventually comes home and brings AIDS to the house lipsrsealed

thot provoking:Careful in carrying your family business to your inlaws or giving ur husband a bad name and judging matter for the mother,brothers or relations at the end of the day their loyalty lies with one person alone (certainly their son)regardless of what they may tell you when you complain even when he is wrong.

best: communicate communicate and communicate,
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by psychu: 12:50am On Mar 21, 2010
SORRY for the diversion, does anyone have an idea when Catholics celebrate Mother's day in Nigeria?
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by rhymz(m): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2010
In the first yr of marriage, the woman talks and the man listens.
After like say 3yrz, the man talks and the woman listens. .
After another 4yrz, their neighbour talks and they both listen(i.e the neighbour is now the mediator). . . Hahahahaha. . .
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by rhymz(m): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2010
In the first yr of marriage, the woman talks and the man listens.
After like say 3yrz, the man talks and the woman listens. .
After another 4yrz, their neighbour talks and they both listen(i.e the neighbour is now the mediator). . . Hahahahaha. . .
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Sissy3(f): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2010
b0y:

angry what da heck is wrong in watchin po.rn? Please don't give me that shyte! I plan on having more po.rno films in my films shelf than any other film. , Variety is the spice of life naw, All these S.Us on NL sef.Mschew!

BlueDiva:

^^^
Not bad to watch po.rn with your spouse.

hehe grin grin grin different strokes . . . i guess

abeg, b0y no vex oo u hear. nothing do you jare. carry go wink grin
Re: Best And Worst Marriage Advices by Sissy3(f): 8:26am On Mar 21, 2010
touchmeder:

lol love this thread
m not married but ive heard some nonsense
worst[b]: a man will be a man let him be. as long as he is feeding you and taking care of the children let him chase the woman outside thats not your business, you have your children to bother about at the end of the day he will still come home.[/b]

sadly thats exactly the way most african marriage are structured.

best: communicate communicate and communicate,

cant stress enough the importance of it. however, most people cant actually differentiate between 'communication and nagging/talking' those are serious two different things when we are talking about true communication in marriage.

most couples nag, talk and nag even more without actually communicating and then when all hell break loose and ask about communication in the marriage you will hear 'i have been talking/talking/complaining etc with him/her but to no avail' without knowing they were actually doing the opposite of what they thought.

daog:

best advice: be submissive in marriage,
patience can settle a lot of things

hehehe. . .that word 'submissive' scare alot of people grin grin

worst advice: don't keep shut wen u'r angry

important! cause you might do/say something at the heat of the moment you probably end up regretting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? / For The Ladies: Moving Out Of Your Parent's House, Yay Or Nay? / Why Do People Deactivate And Return?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.