Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,273 members, 7,780,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:38 PM

ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting (14377 Views)

ASUU Strike: Outcome Of Yesterday's Meeting With FG / Strike: Outcome Of Today's ASUP Meeting With Federal Government / ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by JothamPerfection(m): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
The Academic Staff Union of Universities ( ASUU ) says there is no going back on its on going strike as 80% of the chapter voted for continuation

Prof . Biodun Ogunyemi , the union ’s National President , told the News Agency of Nigeria ( NAN ) on telephone in Abuja that the strike would be total and indefinite.

The union leadership , after its executive committee meeting , declared the strike continues toll the FG yield to it request .

Ogunyemi said chronic under-funding of the sector through low budgetary allocation, which went from 11 per cent in 2015 to eight per cent in 2016, did not go down well with the union .

He pointed out the failure of government to implement the 2009 agreement and the 2013 Memorandum of Understanding ( MoU ) as some of the reasons for embarking on the warning strike.
The president said that its members were tired of what they described as “government ’s empty promises ’’ in setting up its negotiation team for the review of agreement as consistently requested by ASUU since 2012 .

“There shall be no teaching , no examination and no attendance of statutory meetings of any kind in any of our branches while the strike lasts .’’

According to him , the union will put machinery in place to ensure that there is total compliance during the strike..

He explained that the essence of the strike was to draw attention of concern stakeholders and the general public to the challenges that the unions, universities and other stakeholders in the sector were facing.

“Nobody will say before we exhaust the warning strike some issues cannot be addressed if government want to be sincere with our cause.
“We are doing this because we want Nigerians to come into the matter and ensure that these issues are given adequate attention they deserve
“Our lecturers are given 40 per cent of their salaries , which is just not encouraging, as this will lead to poor commitment in carrying out their jobs .

“I am sure nobody will like a 40 per cent university education or 40 per cent teaching of various courses including research development and output .

“That is why we have to take the matter before the National Assembly, which we believe , will come into the matter just like the Nigerian parents .’’.

ASUU also uses this medium to wish all student happy salah .

source
www.2go.im
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by caspervenice(m): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Happy sallah/indefinite holiday

Yours strikefully
ASUU
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by heendrix(m): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
good development smiley me wey nor wan resume before I gaz cover up all those ICH, CHE and MAT wey dey give person sleepless night
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by ozolity(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
Old news

2 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by xender(m): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Source ?
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by DONADAMS(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
sauce??
bogus!
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Bimffo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
Source?

I am not seeing any of this in any other news outlet except nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by oluwaju1lo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
SMH.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by kaykaymcb(m): 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Source
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
Old news
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
OP don't annoy me this beautiful night oh....I must sha post somebody SMH
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Ochepadgreat: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Una d enjoy na.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by gracein: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
I just pray it is true. Thomson Jotham, thanks. You're making AAU proud but put your source.

Lagos here I come.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by vicmed1(m): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
False news!!!
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by olatunyemi(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
can you give us the reference, I believe you are taught APA referencing
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Wizklynd23(m): 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]
caspervenice:

Yours strikefully
ASUU
grin
grin
caspervenice:

Yours strikefully
ASUU
grin
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by devilmaycry: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
whether strike or not...e no go affect my IT....so who cares
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by JothamPerfection(m): 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
misspresident:
OP don't annoy me this beautiful night oh....I must sha post somebody SMH

lol
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by JothamPerfection(m): 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
gracein:
I just pray it is true. Thomson Jotham, thanks. You're making AAU proud but put your source.

Lagos here I come.

lol uwc
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Timiezekiel: 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
Want to have the easiest method to get paid internationally with no stress and also receive $25 bonus upon registration choose payoneer today https://share.payoneer.com/nav/5JK6qXBQWbCi73yB-RuSNO9ozOXE3UOvC3MiWKNz-Jf2hlusr4DDlupNU3x9O7YeQyCyfxWfK_Zdp4ROz2zDGw2
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by fabre4: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2017
heendrix:
good development smiley me wey nor wan resume before I gaz cover up all those ICH, CHE and MAT wey dey give person sleepless night

Lol wat level
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by oluwafemi1993: 6:23am On Aug 27, 2017
So the strike continues
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by heendrix(m): 7:04am On Aug 27, 2017
fabre4:

Lol wat level
Baba na two ni hbu?
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by totorimi: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2017
That's what you get when someone who is not academically inclined is at the decision table.

1 Like

Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by gracein: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2017
JothamPerfection:

lol uwc

I'm beginning to fear this your news o. 11 hours after and you are the only one spreading this. I advise that you take it down ASAP until it is confirmed.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by fabre4: 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
heendrix:

Baba na two ni hbu?

attack analytical chemistry o and calculus they are the nightmares

happy striking
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Pearlchi11: 5:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nawaoooo
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Teophilus96(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
Abeg the ASUU meeting no dey finish?
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Nowayo4Real: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
From tomorrow onwards there are new communication regulations.

All calls are recorded

All phone call recordings saved

WhatsApp is monitored

Twitter is monitored

Facebook is monitored

All social media and forums are monitored

Inform those who do not know.

Your devices are connected to ministry systems.

Take care not to send unnecessary messages

Inform your children, Relatives and friends about this to take care

*_Don't forward any posts or videos etc., you receive regarding politics/present situation about Government/PM etc._*

Police have put out a notification termed ..Cyber Crime ... and action will be taken...just delete ...

Inform your friends & others too.

Writing or forwarding any msg on any political & religious debate is an offence now....arrest without warrant...

This is very serious, plz let it be known to all our groups and individual members as group admin can b in deep trouble.

Take care not to send unnecessary messages.
Inform everyone about this to take care.

Please share it; it's very much true. Group admins please be careful.

Forwarded as received...
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by heendrix(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
fabre4:

attack analytical chemistry o and calculus they are the nightmares

happy striking

chai make God just help person it's when someone want's to read that when everything gets interesting including starring at the wall nawa embarassed
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 28, 2017
Oh..., not again.... Got to do something about this.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting by Educareful: 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
Teophilus96:
Abeg the ASUU meeting no dey finish?
Will ASUU strike ever end?

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Govt Seals Al-Azhar Academy Where Student Was Brutalised To Death / Obafemi Awolowo University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / UNILAG Students To Sue School Authority For Changing Their Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.