Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nollywood: Better Or Worse? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood: Better Or Worse? (1675 Views)

Poll: Is Nollywood now better or worse?

Better: 52% (11 votes)
Worse: 47% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs / Naija Made Fight Scene... Nollywood Worthy, Better Or Worse? / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by scjb612: 12:54am On Feb 13, 2007
Is Nollywood getting better or worse? What do you think?
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by Badman888(m): 12:58am On Feb 13, 2007
I dont blame the producers for the quality of movies they make, its the people writing it the stories sometimes lack lots of valuable things required in a movie.
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by katherinae(f): 5:55am On Feb 13, 2007
i think we should blame ourselves a little bit for buyin bootleg, i know im defintaly guilty of that cry
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by ruescho(m): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2007
In Nollywood [/b]they produce too manyous movies with low budget in too short time.
Just seems the only thing they want to do is fill 4 vidio-cd and then stop.
This produces long cuts, boresome dialogues and an end that makes no sense.
Give' em more time more money, better script writers and real actors.
Look at [b]Bollywood
: they also started with low budget, now they make
high quality films, just a bit too much of singing and unmotivated dancing.
But as long as the market want's it like this, i.e. we are buying those movies,
nothing will change!
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by Love44(f): 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2007
Betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by kellorah: 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2007
hvnt seen any recently, can't really say undecided
hope they're better though angry
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by Boome2(f): 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2007
i think it stayed the same

Nollywood is still trying sha, even though the stories are sometimes too long and predictable
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by spoilt(f): 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2007
definitely worse. gosh! those movies are unbelieveably corny! hard to swallow.bad exaggerated acting. bad grammer, unfunny characters! someone needs to regulate them better.
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by otuonye(m): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2007
Well, I would say that they are a little better now than what we used to have in the days of 'Karishika', 'Evil Passion', and the rest others.

However, I still think that the way is way too far for the NOLLYWOOD people. They should try every method to step up their game. Sometimes, the noise coming from passers - by does not allow us to hear the conversations of the actors/actresses.

At other times, actors [while trying to impress the viewers] exaggerate the physical emotins they were given to act.

The list of mistakes is inexhaustive, however, I think that they are getting better, but the pace of improvement needs to increased.

Jojo
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by akara(m): 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2007
grin

I have issues with the sound, unpredictable, unsynchronized, out of tune, unnecessary, too loud and most times irritating,

other wise BETTER

grin
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by vichel(m): 12:27am On Mar 15, 2007
i think one of the ways to improve nollywood is to build movie theaters around the country, and let this movies show for a while before realeasing it on dvd. They should try to improve on quality, not quantity. And what is the deal with one movie having 6 parts
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by charla(f): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2007
I wud say Nollywood wuz getin worse.Remembering the old films i watched as a lil child in Nigeria and comparing them to the new ones now,i feel ashamed.Who can remember Rattle snake,Living in Bondage and yoruba films like Saworoide.they were the BOMB,i thot things were meant to improve wiv time not depreciate.
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by md4real(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2007
financial aspect of the industry is killing it. part 1,2,3 and some times 4 makes people to lose intrest in it.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by chuckdee4(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2007
I think its getting worse cos these days they produce mobvies like they're frying akara, there are way too many Naija movies out there, i remember in the days of "Living in bondage" good films were few but were worth the wait, now 8 out of every 10 movies u watch is crap, quality died a long tym ago in Nollywood, can't blame them sha they're only tryan make a living
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by ebos(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2007
Nothing wrong having up to Part 3 as long as all the parts are quite excellent. The problem is recurrence of stories and unneccessary stories that do not convey some lessons.
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by ebos(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2007
I do believe our home movie will improve. Another problem we have is that once you are not in the fold, they find it difficult to price your script. So thos with good scripts are scared away with this attitude.
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by rv2ii(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2007
If you want to invest on a real stunt,

call ma Namba!

0805 angry 5815 angry 036 wink

be ready for REAL stunt!

ciao!
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by rv2ii(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2007
you guys talking about cinemas and theaters,

do you think this place is like NY or Queens?

please do remember that when you left Naija, there were things like low salary rate, poverty n the rest,

and besides, the only way to improve our video is by being and acting positive not portraying our Sweet Nation as a Currupt riddled, Politics ruined, Ritual filled country.

shocked
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by trendy(f): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2007
Better hype and publicity
Worse: scrpit
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by Love44(f): 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2007
I want to thank this guys in nollywood that produced dancing heart, fetal seduction, girls cot, suppremacy and etc because they are doing very well. I also want to thanks Emem Isong because her movies are also interesting. I want to thank Ini Edo, Jim Iyke, Mike Ezeronye, Genevieve Nnaji and etc because they are my favorite nollywood movie stars. I really want to see more movies with Ini Edo because i really like the way she acts in movies.
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by agnesoseka: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2007
neutral. grin
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by rv2ii(m): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2007
investment really matters alot.

see,

we need "literate" not illiterate investors to do justice to our movie industry.

i dont care what you say at this juncture, all i would want everybody to know is that if we dont criticize our movie industry, their sripts, our actors and actresses, etc,

we will NEVER move forward!

alot is happening, We need more to happen

not just words
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by moondust(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2007
an industry that couldnt come up with an original name can only get worse
Re: Nollywood: Better Or Worse? by choongtin(f): 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2007
it was never good in the first place it is useless

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Home Videos Should Be Banned! / The First Nigerian Home Video Was "Orun Mooru" In 1982 / TSTV Is Back!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.