Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? (9667 Views)

Dell Studio Xps 1640 Laptop For Sale / I Need Help To Run My Webcam In My Dell Studio Xps 1640 On Windows 7 / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by bloodred(f): 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
My dell studio 1535 is just about 10months old. All of a sudden when i plug it in, it makes a a beeping sound, says my adapter cannot be determined, plug in a recommended dell 90w adapter bla bla bla, after that, it goes on to show plugged in but not charging on the battery icon. while its plugged in, i can work with my laptop as if its a desktop. i even removed the battery and it still comes up but of course as soon i disconnected the charger, the laptop just shuts down. I want to know if anyone has had a similar problem and how it was resolved. Do i need to change d battery or is it the adapter that is bad? when i entered my bios, it says battery is healthy but lists adapter type as unknown yet d adapter is powering d system without battery. Pls help!!!!!!!!??
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 21, 2010
Change the charging cord and see if it helps.
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by deji2009(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2010
bloodred:

My dell studio 1535 is just about 10months old. All of a sudden when i plug it in, it makes a a beeping sound, says my adapter cannot be determined, plug in a recommended dell 90w adapter bla bla bla, after that, it goes on to show plugged in but not charging on the battery icon. while its plugged in, i can work with my laptop as if its a desktop. i even removed the battery and it still comes up but of course as soon i disconnected the charger, the laptop just shuts down. I want to know if anyone has had a similar problem and how it was resolved. Do i need to change d battery or is it the adapter that is bad? when i entered my bios, it says battery is healthy but lists adapter type as unknown yet d adapter is powering d system without battery. Pls help!!!!!!!!??

Dear bloodred,

Thanks for the above enquiry, could you check underneath your charger and laptop to make
sure both has 90 V written on them. if it is then good. if not get a good charger from your
local shop then test . Most dell charger are usually shipped with Dell logo on them. do you have logo on yours ?

Also check no damages/white stains to the charging port on your laptop as well as the charger, as this might explain
the behaviour. could also be the DC jack is weaken and need re-soldering especially if charger is forcefully removed.

Here's your diagnostics, turn laptop on and keep pressing f2 or delete to get to bios
play round until you found Bios version A00, A02 or similar make note of this and
let the tecs know on your next reply. Dell has released new Bios update A06 which
addresses some known issues. read for yourself

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=STUDIO1535&os=WLH&osl=en&servicetag=&catid=-1&impid=-1&deviceid=17886&libid=7&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&releaseid=R182065&formatcnt=1&vercnt=1

Worth installing new Bios update and see what happen. don't be alarm ! when you disconnect your charger and battery
laptop turns off. that's normal because laptop is receiving power but not to the battery and as a result
it turns off itself. I am 100% certain is a battery problem not the charger itself.

2nd diagnostics let the battery run flat then disconnect charger and battery and hold your laptop
power button down for about 40 seconds discharge statics electricity then pop in the battery and charger for about 45 minutes to
fully charge then disconnect the charger then test to see if will turn off. provided you follow the diagnostics
prescribed you should notice some differences. Take your time and if unsure clarify with us and one of colleagues
we be able to help. Good luck !
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by bloodred(f): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2010
ok thanks so much. I will try these suggestions and get back to you all asap. Hope something gives!!
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by deji2009(m): 9:55pm On Feb 21, 2010
Hello sting_224
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by diggtwitter: 1:46pm On May 01, 2012
Update your BIOS, sometime it's the windows update block laptop to detect the device.

Or see a replacement dell studio 1535 battery for your laptop.

http://www.battery-center.net/dell-studio-1535-battery.html
http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/dell-studio-1535-battery.htm
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by Smartdoy(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2012
My own inspir0n 1525 n0rmally do dat tin buh if i d0n try straighten d cable, he go naw begin dy charge
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by horllamy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
I can help u on it bcus am an engineer contact me on whatsapp 08139462401, bbm 29F4AF35
Re: My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? by bright1985: 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
i can fix it for u call or whatsapp me 08064404857

(1) (Reply)

List of ISPs In Nigeria / Hp Elitebook 2560p (corei3, 320gb/4gb) / How To Block Email Address (sender) In Windows Live/msn Hotmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.