Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu (17496 Views)

IPOB Member Releases Bedroom Pictures With Wife Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Viral Video / 2019 Presidency: Suspension Hits Ohanaeze Over Atiku / Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by KEVIND: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2017
The Northern Elders Forum on Sunday condemned the apex Igbo socio -cultural group , Ohanaeze Ndigbo , for criticising the Federal Government ’s plan to re -arrest the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra , Nnamdi Kanu .

The President- General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo , Chief Nnia Nwodo , had accused the Federal Government of bias , double standard and violation of Kanu ’s fundamental human rights , especially after refusing to arrest the Arewa youths whom he said threatened the Igbo.

However , the Chairman of NEF , Mr . Paul Unongo , said the northern elders were disappointed that Ohanaeze had trivialised a criminal matter .
Unongo said Kanu ’ s case was 100 per cent different from the ultimatum issued by the northern youths, adding that there was no basis for comparison .
He added that the northern elders were able to prevail on their youths and the matter had since been resolved .
The NEF chairman said the same could not be said of Ohanaeze which had failed to control the excesses of IPOB and other South- East youths .

Unongo said , “Leaders should be careful about what they support . This is the kind of thing that happened when our young men from the North , feeling cheated and angry with the old men from Kanu ’s place for not cautioning Kanu , did what they did ( ultimatum ) .
“But I came out immediately and said Nigerians have inalienable right to reside anywhere . I did that even to the detriment of my friendship with some people . But what Ohanaeze members are doing is that they are giving the impression that if someone commits a crime and is from their tribe , he shouldn ’t be tried . I don’t understand. Are they saying he ( Kanu ) should not be tried until someone from another part of the country is arrested ? That will invite chaos to the country .”
The NEF chairman said Kanu ’s matter should be left for the court to decide.
He stated that if it could be established that bail conditions had been flouted , the court should be allowed to do the needful .

Unongo said , “I will advise Ohanaeze and the Federal Government to let the matter be settled at the court because the issue of detention is in the hands of the court . The court had heard his case and the defence counsel asked for bail while the prosecution opposed it.

“It was granted and if the conditions were flouted , I think the prosecution is right to approach the same court to prove that the bail condition has been violated and to ask for the court to revoke the bail .”
Also speaking , the Chairman of the Northern Elders Council , Alhaji Tanko Yakasai , described Ohanaeze ’s position as trivial.

Yakasai said those who had been criticising the Federal Government for not following due process in the cases of embattled former National Security Adviser , Sambo Dasuki ; and the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria , Sheikh El - Zakzaky , were now lambasting the government for following due process regarding Kanu ’s bail revocation .

Yakasai said , “For anybody who is under trial and granted bail on certain conditions , the court has the right to ensure that he fulfils those conditions . Every Nigerian has the right to challenge him based on the conditions of bail . This is not a matter for debate .
“Every Nigerian should respect court orders. You cannot say because someone is your relation or is from your tribe , the court should not deal with the person. You cannot say that . It is either you abide by Nigeria ’s laws or not.

“There is no reason why people should ignore the fact that we have a judiciary which should be respected . Those who have been demanding bail to be granted Dasuki and El -Zakzakky and criticising the government for not obeying court orders are now criticising the same government for following the due process . I think it is too trivial for the leadership of Ohanaeze to speak like this .”

FG engaging in double standard –Afenifere

The Pan -Yoruba sociology-cultural group , Afenifere on Sunday accused the Federal Government of not being fair in its handling of the Kanu issue , noting that such was not good for the country .

The group ’s publicity secretary , Yinka Odumakin , said Kanu ’s re -arrest would overheat the polity , stressing that the government should rather engage in dialogue with IPOB members instead of going after them .
He noted that the government failed to arrest the Arewa youths, who issued a quit notice to the Igbo, but wanted to re - arrest Kanu , describing such as double standard.

Odumakin said , “The idea of re -arresting Kanu will overheat the polity , more so when youths in the north that issued a notice to quit were not arrested . Even after the Kaduna State Governor and the Vice President ordered their arrest , the police did nothing .
“The Minister of Internal Affairs said the youths were not arrested because they claimed they were misquoted , but a few days ago , the youths in the presence of some governors withdrew the order. ”
Afenifere admonished the FG to evenly apply the law equally in all situations, regardless of the status or origins of those involved .

The group said , “The government is giving the impression that what is red line for someone from a particular region is green line for someone in another part of the country ; I think it is better the government engaged to bring down the tension rather than strong - arm tactics that would overheat the polity .”
“There is a clear double standard and that is not good for inclusiveness . What the government should do is ensure even application of the law and engage more youths more rather indulge in sabre-rattling ,” Afenifere said .

Kanu dares FG

The leader IPOB , Kanu , has dared the Federal Government over the move to re -arrest him.
He said anyone who attempted to arrest him would die .
Kanu spoke on Sunday while addressing members of IPOB , Zone I , in Aba, Abia State .
He insisted that there would not be any election in Anambra State in November or any part of “Biafra Land ” in 2019 unless there was a referendum which the group has been clamouring for .
He said “Where we are is Biafra land . Aba is the spiritual capital of Biafra land . We started in Aba in 2015 at the Christ the King Catholic Cathedral . That day , heaven authenticated our move that IPOB would restore Biafra and that is what we have come to do.
“They shot and killed our members in many places in Biafra land when they were calling for my release . As our people rest in their graves, we will never rest until Biafra is restored . I don’ t care what they say in Abuja or Lagos .
“Some idiots who are not educated said they would arrest me and I ask them to come . I am in Biafra land . If any of them leaves Biafra land alive , then I will know that this is not IPOB . Tell them that is what I said .
“Some people talk about restructuring , are we restructuring Nigeria now ? Are we practising fiscal federalism? What we want is Biafra.
“We are not slowing down and no man born of a woman can stop us . They thought we are joking and God gave us a simple message that no one can stop us . The movement to restore Biafra is unstoppable .
“Don ’t be afraid. The plans of our enemies are not going to be actualised . The enemies are planning , but we are formidable . ”

http://punchng.com/northern-elders-attack-ohanaeze-over-kanu/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Throwback: 7:06am On Aug 28, 2017
The leaders in the SouthEast have to defend him until his NAZI system takes full grip of the region. Those same leaders would become Fuhrer Kanu's first victims.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by NaijaMutant(f): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
You defended Boko Haram by saying any attack on Boko Haram is an attack against the north.

You defended Fulani herdsmen terrorists without condemning their actions.

You also defended your Arewa youths with their ultimatum.

But you want us to ostracize our son who has not harmed a single soul, whose only crime was Agitating for the betterment of his people of which we shall be beneficiaries.

NEVER !!!

320 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by amjoseph19: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
For once in Nigeria, Ohaneze ndi spoke well in that their speech. We all should rule Nigeria together, No tribe should see themselves are the sole landlord.
The South South are getting to their senses while my brothers in the West are still being afraid as usual.
It is high time the South get together are challenge this people, but I doubt if that will ever happen.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by emi14: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:
The leaders in the SouthEast have to defend him until his NAZI system takes full grip of the region. Those same leaders would become Fuhrer Kanu's first victims.

Don't cry for Igbos. You have enough reasons to cry for yourself.

158 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Aufbauh(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2017
Northern elders shouldn't waste their time on those chest beaters.If Kanu is rearrested no shiit will happen other than few days protEAST.

I trust my Fulani President to take necessary action if need be, irrespective of their blackmail or propaganda.

The FG cannot be blackmail by Ohaneze for taking any action against criminal/terrorist group like Ipob.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Throwback: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2017
emi14:

Don't cry for Igbo. You have enough reasons to cry for ur self.

I promise you I won't cry while watching the anarchy on CNN.

5 Likes

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Omeokachie: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
You encourage your neighbour to beat his child while you protect yours from reprimand?

These ones are not elders.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by amjoseph19: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:
Which Nazi system? So arewa youths that threatened a whole tribe(both those in support of Biafra and not) to forcefully vacate the North got a tap at the back and a meeting with the FG while Kanu who asked for a referendum deserved to be in jail.
You were expecting Ohaneze to keep calm as usual. No matter how good or bad kanu is, his method is working. everybody is talking about what they were thinking but afraid to voice out. Everybody is asking the necessary questions.
The Northerners are not the sole landlord of Nigeria. They shaking on their feet that Kanu have the nerve to challenge this parasitic system we are operating that have been given them undeserved advantages.

156 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by gentle136(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2017
Hausa/ Fulani
Igbo
Yoruba
Una just make dis country tire us. Abeg na when we wan grow up?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Nukualofa: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:
Your Leaders kept quiet for Arewa youths and BH. Go and look for gutter in your area and do the needful

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Eastfield1: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:

you Nigerians should cry for yourselves.
don't cry for Igbo for we have cried Enough already.
It is now the turn of Nigeria to Cry

97 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Throwback: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2017
amjoseph19:

Which Nazi system? So arewa youths that threatened a whole tribe(both those in support of Biafra and not) to forcefully vacate the North got a tap at the back and a meeting with the FG while Kanu who asked for a referendum deserved to be in jail.
You were expecting Ohaneze to keep calm as usual. No matter how good or bad kanu is, his method is working. everybody is talking about what they were thinking but afraid to voice out. Everybody is asking the necessary questions.
The Northerners are not the sole landlord of Nigeria. They shaking on their feet that Kanu have the nerve to challenge this parasitic system we are operating that have been given them undeserved advantages.

Dude, Kanu has all the trappings of a Nazi leader.

The hate, the lies, the propaganda, the militancy of youth.

The supreme belief that only he is right and others must be shouted down.

The character assassination of opposition personality.

The misplaced ethnic superiority. The allusion to a divine mandate that must not be challenged.

Finally, the doubt of ethnic origin of all Igbos who oppose his own ideology. Your belief in him and the purity of your ethnicity will soon be questioned as we already see his online mob challenge others here.

You are in for a long ride of Nazism where you are going to be a prisoner trapped in a country without opposition views, and absence of civility.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by amjoseph19: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:

There will be no war, there will be no anarchy. I promise you that there will be a totally restructured Nigeria free of any form of parasitic system or a referendum to determine who stay and who leave. So help us God.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by amjoseph19: 7:26am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:

Finally, the doubt of ethnic origin of all Igbos who oppose his own ideology.

You are in for a long ride of Nazism.
The whole North has all the trappings of ISIS and boko haram.

Killing of people without no just cause,

Religious intolerance,

Will to dictate,

Will to suppress by brutal force,

lack of Wisdom.

blood thirsty.

and many more.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by amjoseph19: 7:26am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:

Finally, the doubt of ethnic origin of all Igbos who oppose his own ideology.
You are in for a long ride of Nazism.
The whole North has all the trappings of ISIS and boko haram.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Throwback: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2017
amjoseph19:

The Northern youths only asked you to leave the parasites you claim them to be.

But when the Igbos in the North started to plead to be accommodated, and unwilling to return to their own home region, it hurt your giant ego so bad as it was reduced to a speck of dust.

You cannot continue to insult your hosts and expect to be loved. Only the French are that stupid as hosts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by konoplyanka: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2017
fight between master and slave.
wetin concern me.

4 Likes

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by amjoseph19: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:

But when the Igbos in the North started to plead to be accommodated, and unwilling to return to the home region , it hurt your giant ego so bad as it was reduced to a speck of dust

Stop the parasites from feeding and see if the whole North won't be an IDP center. UNICEF and WHO will be your resources.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by hammerT: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2017
Meanwhile, our President Buahri have just released over a thousand boko haram soldiers after earlier releasing their commanders.

where were the norther elders? where were the afonja?

https://www.nairaland.com/3565952/army-releases-1250-cleared-boko#59891970

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by mpianya39(m): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2017
This people self undecided undecided undecided

So this zoogerians is una papa estate for real

Anyway all I see is willing tools and unity beggars undecided undecided undecided

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by MalcoImX: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2017
hammerT:
Meanwhile, our President Buahri have just released over a thousand boko haram soldiers after earlier releasing their commanders.

where were the norther elders? where were the afonja?

https://www.nairaland.com/3565952/army-releases-1250-cleared-boko#59891970
Jonathan too did that. Government can weigh issues and even forgive crimes if in its wisdom, believe that it would bring peace. It does not by this mean others who commit crimes would not be prosecuted.

2 Likes

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by hammerT: 8:12am On Aug 28, 2017
MalcoImX:
[s]Jonathan too did that. Government can weigh issues and even forgive crimes if in its wisdom, that it would bring peace. It does not by this mean others who commit crimes would not be prosecuted.[/s]

fixed!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by gentle136(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2017
Hausa
Igbo
Yoruba
Abeg na when we wan grow up?
Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by MalcoImX: 8:15am On Aug 28, 2017
[s]
hammerT:

fixed!
[/s] Sentimental.

2 Likes

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Sunnynwa: 8:21am On Aug 28, 2017
Aufbauh:
Northern elders shouldn't waste their time on those chest beaters.If Kanu is rearrested no shiit will happen other than few days protEAST.

I trust my Fulani President to take necessary action if need be, irrespective of their blackmail or propaganda.

The FG cannot be blackmail by Ohaneze for taking any action against criminal/terrorist group like Ipob.

Kanu or Ndigbo did not cause your deportation from Germany dude.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by richidinho(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2017
grin
Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by Integrityfarms(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2017
Northern elders have no brains left in them

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by silverspringle(f): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Why are the northern elders, northern youths, erewa, northern whatever worried about Nnamdi Kanu? Why is that guy giving all you northerners sleepless night. Boko haram is terrorizing your zone and all you guys could focused on is Re arrest of Nnamdi Kanu. Did he borther you people in the north? Has he even stepped outside Igboland since he came out. Why didn't y'all stick to your danm quit notice you parastatic fools.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by truth4u: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2017
Throwback:

But when the Igbos in the North started to plead to be accommodated, and unwilling to return to their own home region, it hurt your giant ego so bad as it was reduced to a speck of dust.

You cannot continue to insult your hosts and expect to be loved. Only the French are that stupid.
Very good, then, why are you arewa crying over Biafra KANU say go with your parasitism and Igbo go with their baifra... What is hard for your quota system almajiri brain to understand

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re-Arrest: Northern Elders Blast Ohanaeze Over Nnamdi Kanu by thunder74(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2017
With what I am hearing and reading lately about Nigerian from different tribes, one Nigeria is going going and going. God should please give us a detribalised leader to bring us together again.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FFK Blasts Yahaya Bello Over Herdsmen Killing Of 25 People In Kogi / Joe Igbokwe Apologises For Accusing Supreme Court Of Taking Bribe / Usman Yusuf Refuses To Return 5 Cars After Sack As NHIS Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.