Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat (6143 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Beaf: 7:21am On Feb 21, 2010
[size=14pt]Alison-Madueke gets death threat [/size]
By Toyosi Ogunseye, Published: Sunday, 21 Feb 2010

Further proofs that the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as Acting President and the prolonged absence of ailing President Umaru Yar‘Adua may have created sharp divisions among ministers heightened on Saturday as the life of the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has been threatened, SUNDAY PUNCH gathered.

The threat to her life, our correspondent gathered, followed her objection to claims by the minster of the Federal Capital Territory, Adamu Aliero, that Yar‘Adua had started a daily exercise during last Wednesday‘s Federal Executive Council meeting.

The meeting reportedly began with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe, pleading with his colleagues that the crisis over Yar‘Adua‘s absence was getting out of hand and that the body should at least find out for itself how the ailing president was faring in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

But no sooner had Madueke ended his plea than the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Ahmed Yayale, said that the FEC should invoke the relevant section of the constitution and declare Yar‘Adua incapacitated so that Nigeria could move forward.

He stressed that there was no need to keep deceiving Nigerians any further.

Aliero, it was then gathered, reportedly raised a point of order and upon recognition, the FCT minister said he had been informed that, ”The president, had started climbing the stairs up and down; that is, exercising.”

This statement, our correspondent learnt, elicited a heated argument among members of the council with that of Aliero and Madueke taking a different dimension. The minister of mines and steel reportedly told her FCT counterpart that she did not believe what he said.

Soon after Madueke stepped out of the meeting, she received a text message on her phone that read, ”You are giving support to the enemies of democracy led by Yayale Ahmed, a sodomist, who has donated his daughter and will soon be rewarded. I swear by the spirit of my ancestors that your days on earth are few. Make your will and wait for judgement day.”

When our correspondent called Madueke on Saturday evening, she insisted that the matter was a “private issue.”

One of her aides who pleaded anonymity however said that the case had been reported to the police.

He said, “We have reported the matter to the police because we are not ready to underestimate anybody.”

The Force Acting Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Yemi Ajayi, told our correspondent that he won‘t be able to confirm if Madueke made a report to the police until Monday.

He said, ”If she made a complaint, then she must have written a petition to the Inspector General of Police. I shall confirm this for you on Monday.”

The FCT minister could not be reached for comments as his special assistant, Abdullahi Zure, stopped communicating with our correspondent immediately he learnt the call was from SUNDAY PUNCH.

Several calls and text messages sent to his mobile phone were not answered.

It will be recalled that the Information and Communications Minister, Prof. Dora Akunyili, and the erstwhile Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa, recently had an altercation following the presentation of a memo by Akunyili requesting that Jonathan be made the acting president.

This did not go down well with Aondoakaa who reportedly made an uncomplimentary remark about her tenure as the Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010022113495310
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Pharoh: 7:36am On Feb 21, 2010
This is getting serious and dangerous but at least don't we have the ability to trace the source of that message? undecided
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Beaf: 7:41am On Feb 21, 2010
Pharoh:

This is getting serious and dangerous but at least don't we have the ability to trace the source of that message? undecided

That technology has only just been introduced in Nigeria. Currently sims aren't registered.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Pharoh: 8:34am On Feb 21, 2010
But i feel without even a Sim registration the mobile operators could still dig something out if requested by the president. Lets even do it the traditional way judging by the facts given to us. This message got into her phone immediately she left the FEC meeting so i believe the message was from one of the members present in that meeting. All she need to do is to get that number and request for it to be cross checked with that of the FEC members secretly hoping they will be dumb to use their personal numbers. They could also go back and check the camera log for that day as well or is the police facing a dead end in this scenario?

We do really need a proper form of identification in that country.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2010
^^^
It will be easy to trace the message to any of the people who witnessed the heated converstaion in that room at that time.
These people should leave our Igbo women alone-o, biko!
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by DeepSoul(f): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2010
naijaking1:

^^^
It will be easy to trace the message to any of the people who witnessed the heated converstaion in that room at that time.

She is an Ijaw woman from Bayelsa State who's married to an Igbo man. All these Igbo pple like to claim sha! Her full name - Diezani Allison Madueke.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Katsumoto: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2010
Deep Soul:

She is an Ijaw woman from Bayelsa State who's married to an Igbo man. All these Igbo pple like to claim sha! Her full name - Diezani Allison Madueke.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by semid4lyfe(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2010
Deep Soul:

Thank u jare. . . .let me just add that she was made a minister on a slot of Bayelsa state.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by puskin: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2010
Ijaw woman or Igbo woman. . . . . . . . she is a Nigerian woman and has been threatened.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2010
puskin:

Ijaw woman or Igbo woman. . . . . . . . she is a Nigerian woman and has been threatened.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by edoyad(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2010
grin grin
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by ikeyman00(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2010
and married to igbo abi

infested by igbo spirit!!!

there u go

nice claim
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2010
naijaking1:

^^^
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by princekevo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2010
Please Nigerian Lazy media should spare us with all these threat here and threat there.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2010
Deep Soul:

She was born Ijaw, but now an Igbo woman, mother, and sister.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Katsumoto: 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2010
naijaking1:

She was born Ijaw, but now an Igbo woman, mother, and sister.

So when an Igbo man resides in America for several years, he is no longer Igbo but now American?
Stop back-tracking and admit that you wrongly assumed the woman was Igbo.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

So when an Igbo man resides in America for several years, he is no longer Igbo but now American?
Stop back-tracking and admit that you wrongly assumed the woman was Igbo.

What a very wrong example. We're talking about women being married off here not men travelling to another environment. Have you never seen white American women with Nigerian passports just because they married a naija man? Nigeria is paternalistic society.

I can't understand why you folks cry wolf whenever Igbo wives are described as Igbo women, I remember another retarded arguement about Ngozi Okojo Iweala, not being Igbo enough, despite marrying an Imo state guy.

Back-tract? You need to backtract, I have known the Maduekes personally for over 20 years, and there is no assumption here, except on your part.
You can cry all you want, but the truth is that marrying an Igbo naval officer has given her the spunk with which she sounds tough like Akunyili.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2010
@naijaking-----stop whinning and accept your mistake.she is not igbo.simple as abc
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2010
^^^
She's never going to be Yoruba.
If she had been married to a Yoruba guy, she would have been probably sitting on the fence on this issue right now, and watching the way the wind blows before making a decision.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by mekusxxx: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2010
naijaking1:

^^^
She's never going to be Yoruba.
If she had been married to a Yoruba guy, she would have been probably sitting on the fence on this issue right now, and watching the way the wind blows before making a decision.

If Yoruba men could not talk when Akunyili did, who dash Yoruba women banana? Generation of cowards and fence sitters. Madueke is Igbo, having married a well-known Igbo man and has Igbo children. She is also behaving like a typical Igbo woman: Iweala, Akunyili and Ezekwesili, all tough, no nonsense.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2010
^^^^^
Bluetooth, Deepsoul, Katsumoto, and others, sorry, but he hit the nail on the head, what's y'all problem anyway
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by mekusxxx: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2010
Retired Prof Chukwuemeka Ike, renoun literary icon, former WAEC head and author of Toads for Supper among others, is married to a Yoruba woman. Prof Ike is now the Igwe of his community in Anambra State and his wife is the lolo. She was interviewed recently on how she copes with the position (the interviewer viewed her as a stranger) and she says she does so like any other Igbo woman. She even revealed that she refused to return to ngbatiland during the civil war despite pressure from her parents but stuck with her husband who had then fled U.I. and returned to Anambra. She said she sees herself as a full-fledged Igbo woman having been married to her husband for more than 40 years. Please ask Allison-Madueke what she thinks. I am sure she will say the same.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by mekusxxx: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2010
I expect every woman to try to make her home a very inviting and comfortable haven for husbands and children to return to daily, no matter what it takes, otherwise their personal success as women won’t be complete. And it is in this regard that I raise my hands and doff my hat for all Nigerian women who have excelled both in enterprise and politics as well as being celebrated home-makers; women like Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili and Nigeria still has many more like them in the executive, legislature, judiciary and the private sector.

Quote from Diezani Allsion Madueke indicating whom she wants to emulate
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by edoyad(m): 7:19pm On Feb 21, 2010
What this means is that not only is Senator Folashade Bent from the middle belt but Daisy Danjuma too, wow ! shocked
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by doyin13(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2010
lol . . .How did a thread about something as serious as death threats on a federal
minister degenerate into an argument over Igbo gender identity. Nairalanders are
just so silly  grin grin

mekusxxx:

Retired Prof Chukwuemeka Ike, renoun literary icon, former WAEC head and author of Toads for Supper among others, is married to a Yoruba woman. Prof Ike is now the Igwe of his community in Anambra State and his wife is the lolo. She was interviewed recently on how she copes with the position (the interviewer viewed her as a stranger) and she says she does so like any other Igbo woman. She even revealed that she refused to return to ngbatiland during the civil war despite pressure from her parents but stuck with her husband who had then fled U.I. and returned to Anambra. She said she sees herself as a full-fledged Igbo woman having been married to her husband for more than 40 years. Please ask Allison-Madueke what she thinks. I am sure she will say the same.

lol. . .You are a bit of an idiot. You make one statement about a dearth of brave Yoruba women
and then provide evidence of one in your next post.
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by naijaking1: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2010
edoyad:

What this means is that not only is Senator Folashade Bent from the middle belt but Daisy Danjuma too, wow ! shocked

You actually answered your own question, these Yoruba women are indeed representing the middle belt where they're married.
Does anybody understand what it means that Nigeria and most African countries are paternalistic?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

lol . . .How did a thread about something as serious as death threats on a federal
minister degenerate into an argument over Igbo gender identity. Nairalanders are
just so silly  grin grin

lol. . .You are a bit of an idiot. You make one statement about a dearth of brave Yoruba women

What is brave about someone sticking to her husband? You people will not seize to amaze me!  Now I know Yoruba definition of bravery. grin grin
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by mekusxxx: 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

just so silly grin grin

And you are more than a bit of a fool for failing to realize that by marriage she has imbibed the culture of Igbos after the marriage. Yorubas with no culture dilution are not known to stick to anything through thick and thin. Remember Abiolas brothers helped betray him?
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by doyin13(m): 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

What is brave about someone sticking to her husband? You people will not seize to amaze me!  Now I know Yoruba definition of bravery. grin grin

well your compatriot up here seems to agree it was an example of bravery and derived from igbo culture no less.

Confused mongooses grin grin
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by mekusxxx: 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

well your compatriot up here seems to agree it was an example of bravery and derived from igbo culture no less.

Sure you are right. Only a Yoruba with culture (Igbo) dilution can stick to anything. The rest of the pack will betray you with ease. Diya and Adisa are other good examples
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2010
doyin13:

Confused mongooses  grin grin

Talking about bravely in FEC on the issue of Yaradua's absence, no Yoruba man to date has come out to speak against Yaradua's refusal to transmit a letter to NASS. First, it was Akunyili who took the bold step that forced the NASS to empower Jonathan to act and later, Ojo Maduekwe moved the motion that led to the constitution of the 6 man ministerial committee to visit Saudi Arabia to ascertain the true state of the president's health. We are now hearing of Madueke's part.

Where are the Yoruba ministers? Where do they stand on this issue?

Maybe they have taken their usual sidon look posture. I weep when i remember that we have people like Osotimehin in FEC and yet people have the guts to ask Dora to resign. cry cry
Re: Alison-Madueke Gets Death Threat by doyin13(m): 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

Talking about bravely in FEC on the issue of Yaradua's absence, no Yoruba man to date has come out to speak against Yaradua's refusal to transmit a letter to NASS. First, it was Akunyili who took the bold step that forced the NASS to empower Jonathan to act and later, Ojo Maduekwe moved the motion that led to the constitution of the 6 man ministerial committee to visit Saudi Arabia to ascertain the true state of the president's health. We are now hearing of Madueke's part.

Where are the Yoruba ministers? Where do they stand on this issue?

Maybe they have taken their usual sidon look posture. I weep when i remember that we have people like Osotimehin in FEC and yet people have the guts to ask Dora to resign. cry cry

lol. . .but guy man, tell me, how about the Igbo men in the cabinet. Why are they strangely quiet.

Whatever happened to the tongue of the daring swashbuckling Ojo, or the death defying Egwu.  grin grin grin

Whatever has happened to their manhood as an Igbo lady has come to do the ''Igbo man's job''.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Loan Scheme For Nigerians In Congo More Pictures / Does Anambra State Has The Highest Town In South East; Check This List / A Short Biography Of the Custom Boss Hameed Ali.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.