Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,718 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices (22210 Views)

FG Inaugurates E-passport Offices In Italy, Greece, Three Others / Whats The Cost Of Passport Renewal In Passport Offices Across Nigeria / NIS Bans Cash Payments At Passports Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
Amberon11:
Sincerely this is the best news that has come to this administration. Few days ago I told my brother that if this adminstration does nothing to curtail the corruption going on at Nigeria immigration services, then it isn't really fighting corruption, just witch hunting but hearing this has made smile.

Those immigration officers are truly useless and heartless. Imagine charging 32k for a N15,300 passport.

Thank God for this news.
The best way for the FG was to go cashless,ie pay for passport at the office but via POS which goes directly to thier account and can be Audited. Thats the only way to stop it.since the POS will have a trail of transaction unto the CBN

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by GloryCardinal(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thank God that my friend just do his own last week
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Ups01(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
Good News
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
I went to renew my passport since 4 weeks ago and it has not been out, I was told that they do not have available laminating cover for the passport, I don't how true this is ?
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Amberon11:
Sincerely this is the best news that has come to this administration. Few days ago I told my brother that if this adminstration does nothing to curtail the corruption going on at Nigeria immigration services, then it isn't really fighting corruption, just witch hunting but hearing this has made smile.

Those immigration officers are truly useless and heartless. Imagine charging 32k for a N15,300 passport.

Thank God for this news.
i paid 35k yet i am still waiting for mine since 2 weeks +

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by gretblue: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
Those Immigration Officers especially the ones at Ikoyi have a way of exploiting the passport applicants.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
i paid 31k for mine and not yet out since about 4weeks ago

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
we can actually go online to do the registration but mistake must not be done , the price is even 17k

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by BabaAlabi: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
doctokwus:
Rubbish how does this stop corruption as researched by PT?
The customs guys remit the money that is due the goverment,that is not in contention.
The corruption is that they add extra several thousands of naira before your passport is processed,lest it gets stuck for months!
For eg,if the official price is N12k,they charge you say N25k,remit the 12k to goverment coffers and pocket the 13k.
This immigration DG obviously doesn't even know what the whole corruption is about,so how does he hope to stop it?

Wrong...If the official price is 12k, when you pay online you should be given a reference number. Any official charging you 20k does so at hia own risk because it would be stated online that only 12k should be paid for the passport and any extra charge given to you should be reported. If the report is valid, the whistleblower should get his passport processed for free. It is going to work bro, don't be a pessimist.

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by hodusglobal(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
nextstep:
This will not help anything... it's one thing to pay online for passport... it's another thing entirely for the office to "have your passport", if you know what I mean.

You can visit their office so tey, they will just tell you it hasn't come out yet, until you Ger sense and give 10k. Abi na lai? grin
You are right. Some examples are: Bail is free, Issuance of Drivers licence, Renewal of Vehicle documents, Customs Duty fee and so on...
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by DRISKLEF(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
nextstep:
This will not help anything... it's one thing to pay online for passport... it's another thing entirely for the office to "have your passport", if you know what I mean.

You can visit their office so tey, they will just tell you it hasn't come out yet, until you get sense and give 10k. Abi na lai? grin

What you've written are realities to come actually. Nigeria is really a currupt state.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by lmay18(f): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
skypeme:
we can actually go online to do the registration but mistake must not be done , the price is even 17k
I did mine online, I paid online and got all necessary documents and forms printed, took it to Ikoyi nobody attended to me until I paid additional 8k before they opened a file for me.

The question is why do I need to open hard copy file in a digital environment?
Imagine for the past one month they keep saying there is no lamination cover...shameful!

8 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Amos87(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
I coughed out 40k for my passport renewal last month at NIS Festac office....smh
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by xreal: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
The immigration officers are the touts.

They will find another means.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by DabuIIIT: 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
Bolustical:

It won't still stop them from collecting tips as if their lives depend on it.

you are right. They will yet device methods for ripping applicants,like deliberate delay of processing and issueing. I am in the process of renewing mine-that will expire jan '18- and i am so frustrated @ their delay tactics..they keep on telling u materials,made in malaysia, are short in supply! But certain ppl go thru certain doors /officers and pronto,p'port dòn ready! The govt shud look into the kwarration delay process there,especially Festac office. Over there,they dump/abadon files like crazy. angry

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
ateamblezing:
This is serious,so we cannot spend our fadaland currency again?

Of course you can. Spend it with the teller.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by hodusglobal(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
skypeme:
After paying the N17k, will you process and stamp your application documents by yourself? The answer is "NO". Only the top Officers and the top Politicians will pay the normal amount to get their passport from the NIS. So, that means we still have long way to go to clear away the corruption in our Country.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Right now there's asshats coming up with methods to sidestep this.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by hodusglobal(m): 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
lmay18:

I did mine online, I paid online and got all necessary documents and forms printed, took it to Ikoyi nobody attended to me until I paid additional 8k before they opened a file for me.

The question is why do I need to open hard copy file in a digital environment?
Imagine for the past one month they keep saying there is no lamination cover...shameful!
Don't mind skypeme, maybe he or she hasn't went through the passport application before.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by MCzubby247(m): 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Amberon11:

Thank God for this news.
Your own is even OK.
Me I had to spend almost 120k for lost passport which I believe is not more than 25k.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
avictor05:

There is certainly hope for Nigeria but we Nigerians should be ready to fight for it first. when we ready the country will get better.

The mentality of most Nigerians these days is nauseating, we need to change our mindset.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by seunny4lif(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Not only in NIgeria self
They have removed all the administrative fees
Making the passport very easy to get with 2days
From like 300 Euros to just 125 Euros

At least they tried for that one
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by MCzubby247(m): 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
cowleg:
After my sojourn with Nigerian immigration I can tell you the NIS and its officers are one of the most corrupt agency in this country. Up to One month here in abuja there is no passport booklet to produce passports. Shame to NIS
They have booklet. the officer working on your passport turned agent/tout like the comptroller said was actually referring to officer have.
I hard a lost case the officer extorted 120k from me to do 64 page in a week, while I was there and a guy was complaining that for 3 month he applied the haven't printed his.the biggest thieves are government of the nation .
Why strip a local thieve naked and rejoice for people using pen to rewrite destinies like our officer.
African will always remain in penury unless we change our mentally to love ourselves and people bet me we are doom here
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
I pray this work out. Immigration corrupt pass police. Quote me wrong.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by agarawu23(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2017
Stupid NIS, I was suppose to apply for a visa I will be visiting the country soon, they are yet to give me my passport giving us stories of unavailable passport sheet or whatever!!! Fvcked country.
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by wellmax(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
BabaAlabi:
If this same online payment processing is replicated for drivers license procurement, I bet you that things would improve. The world has gone digital and Nigeria should not be left behind.
In order to curb deliberate slowness in processing of the passports (now that extra money will no longer enter their greedy hands), the management should make it mandatory for a specific minimum number of passports to be processed daily. Any number short of this should result in query and possible termination of employment.

Driver's license has long ben sanitised. Many thanks to the former DG of civil service reforms. Dr Joe Abah.
I did my renewal online, paid the fees and paid no extra. Got my license in less than 3 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
nextstep:

You can visit their office so tey, they will just tell you it hasn't come out yet, until you get sense and give 10k. Abi na lai? grin

Na so oo..
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by djmadridal: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
I pray ours come out this week. I asked the immigration guy how much? He said its the same amount... And since I didn't know the exact amount, I just gave him 55k for myself and sister ( Though I heard people say its 30k per one), the guy just collect am and say OK. I was happy I outplayed him, until I recently saw that the original application fee was 17k.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Rayd502(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
skypeme:
I went to renew my passport since 4 weeks ago and it has not been out, I was told that they do not have available laminating cover for the passport, I don't how true this is ?

True in some states...
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
MCzubby247:

They have booklet. the officer working on your passport turned agent/tout like the comptroller said was actually referring to officer have.
I hard a lost case the officer extorted 120k from me to do 64 page in a week, while I was there and a guy was complaining that for 3 month he applied the haven't printed his.the biggest thieves are government of the nation .
Why strip a local thieve naked and rejoice for people using pen to rewrite destinies like our officer.
African will always remain in penury unless we change our mentally to love ourselves and people bet me we are doom here

When did you applied yours?
Have you gotten the passport?
Is your passport a virgin?

I'm currently at abuja for 2 weeks, the production department have not been working claiming unavailable booklet. I was charged 250k. Maybe because my passport is not virgin. The first officer collected my 200k for 8 months he didn't do anything I confronted him and asked him for refund, he hasn't paid me, I don't know what to do him?
Re: Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices by DrHighchief(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
They will device another means to collect money from d citizens. They know how to frustrate citizens when you go to bank and pay by yourself. Pls, d Cp should set up monitoring teams in all passport offices nationwide to curb d massive corruption going on there. #GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe / A Nairalandler’s Trip Back To The U.S / London Is Not The Paradise I Expected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.