Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (22845 Views)

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
For the fourth and last time, I am not going to debate how research is done with you.
I am focussed on the topic.
You made a claim and you should therefor provide proof of the claim.
And for the 8th time, it is not up to me to prove or disprove your own claim, it is up to you to back it up with proof !
And for the 4th time the document which you provided was written in 1892 that is not 600 years ago !
And you provided only its first page on which only the title is available.

OrisaEsu:

You keep making frivolous claims about conducting research and helping bini bourgeoisie professors YET you do not know once reference is provided it behoves the reader to dig into the reference if anything is in doubt.

I provided several references but you are in doubt. It is now up to you to vet my references till you lay your hand on the 600 year old document.

This is how it is done in Humanities.

Now, I went out of my way to send you a screen shot of the 600 year old document which I should not have.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by jara: 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
Why are you making a fool of yourself?

I guess you do not realize how many people are reading this.

KUBA1987:
For the fourth and last time, I am not going to debate how research is done with you.
I am focussed on the topic.
You made a claim and you should therefor provide proof of the claim.
And for the 8th time, it is not up to me to prove or disprove your own claim, it is up to you to back it up with proof !
And for the 4th time the document which you provided was written in 1892 that is not 600 years ago !
And you provided only its first page on which only the title is available.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
KUBA1987:
It seems you are seriously brain damaged.
Where exactly does it say "Written by Duarte, 1553" ?
And where is the f***ing claim in the book ?

1533 not 1553.

You want the book? Go find it grin

You can see the scribble on the top right corner showing the U of Michigan got the document in 1892.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
Olu317:
There is no doubt about it. Even if we have issues within our Yoruba enclave, it is not their cup of tea. We open their eyes, exposed them to good things of life [/b]and [b]because of Yoruba's shrewd secrecy, they want to take advantage of it. Sorry is their case!

Exactly o! They even benefitted from not being overrun by Oyo who saw them as brothers and let them live. They benefitted from Awori who saw them as our brothers and gave them the swampy patch of land. They benefitted from our monarchy, art & religion - Olokun, Ifa, Ogun & so on. We are the reason they have whatever little prominence they have yet they want to talk glib.

3 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2018

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
Discussing with you was just an other waste of time.
Yesterday for a little momment I thought you were the one yoruba on nairaland who was not trying to perform a 419 trick.
I can see that I was greatly mistaking.
You make laughable and ethnocentric claims and you can't back them with proof.
You can't get a 600 year old document of a conversation you claimed happened 600 years ago, instead you provide me the first page of a document written in 1892 with no relation whatsoever to the topic.
I have discussed with clowns in the past but this is even worse.
The conversation is closed.
You are just an other yoruba 419 story teller. You tell lies and hope to hoodwink the public.

OrisaEsu:

1533 not 1553.

You want the book? Go find it grin

You can see the scribble on the top right corner showing the U of Michigan got the document in 1892.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
So now 1957 is 600 years ago.
yoruba revisionists, it will never be well with you guys.
Although I think you would stand a better chance at trying to steal egyptian, israely, or arabian history, Edo history is thief-proof.

OrisaEsu:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
KUBA1987:
Discussing with you was just an other waste of time.
Yesterday for a little momment I thought you were the one yoruba on nairaland who was not trying to perform a 419 trick.
I can see that I was greatly mistaking.
You make laughable and ethnocentric claims and you can't back them with proof.
You can't get a 600 year old document of a converstaion you claimed happened 600 years ago, instead you provide me the first page of a document written in 1892 with no relation whatsoever to the topic.
I have discussed with clowns in the past but this is even worse.
The conversation is closed.
You are just an other yoruba 419 story teller. You tell lies and hope to hoodwink the public.

Good.

You lot have endlessly benefitted from Yoruba,I won’t extend it by adding to your knowledge.

I have provided you with the citation to the document. Now what do you? Take that citation and find the document.

You claimed to have corrected your professors, wrote publications and have a master’s. Certainly, you know how to retreive citations. Now go get it.

1 Like

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
KUBA1987:

1533 to 2017 = ?

textsEsmeraldo de situ orbis
by Pacheco Pereira, Duarte, d. 1533; Kimble, George Herbert Tinley, 1908- ed. and tr

Publication date 1937
Topics Discoveries in geography
Publisher London, Printed for the Hakluyt Society
Collection americana
Digitizing sponsor Google
Book from the collections of University of Michigan
Language Portuguese; und
Book digitized by Google from the library of the University of Michigan and uploaded to the Internet

"Select bibliography": p. [xxxiii]-xxxv
Copyright-region US
Identifier esmeraldodesitu00peregoog
Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t6833s774
Lccn 37031434
Ocr ABBYY FineReader 8.0
Openlibrary_edition OL6361165M
Openlibrary_work OL124904W
Pages 188
Possible copyright status NOT_IN_COPYRIGHT
Scandate 20070801
Scanner google
Source http://books.google.com/books?id=5LI8AAAAMAAJ&oe=UTF-8
Worldcat 5964621
Year 1892
Full catalog record MARCXML

Above is the data attached with the document in my possession.

See the dates & put your publication experience to use.

Bini scholar grin

3 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by macof(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
OrisaEsu:

1533 to 2017 = ?

Above is the data attached with the document in my possession.

See the dates & put your publications experience to use.

Bini scholar grin

I've engaged that buffoon on occasion

It seems bini people today have no interest for history or anthropologic knowledge so they just take everything with a mind for local politics and ethnic bigotry
Their young are seriously lacking in intellectualism

4 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
[s]
OrisaEsu:

Good.

You lot have endlessly benefitted from Yoruba,I won’t extend it by adding to your knowledge.

I have provided you with the citation to the document. Now what do you? Take that citation and find the document.

You claimed to have corrected your professors, wrote publications and have a master’s. Certainly, you know how to retreive citations. Now go get it.
[/s]

What useless benefit is this confused sky diver talking about?

If not for our Benin prince oduduwa you all will till be eating uncooked ewedu inside bush .... So who is benefiting?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
KUBA1987:
Although I think you would stand a better chance at trying to steal egyptian, israely, or arabian history, Edo history is thief-proof.

Bro I find it insulting you are debating our rich thief proof culture with yariiba people .... Kindly disist thanks

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yariibba ppl mey never learn kingship finish na dem wan con flex malnourished shoulders with gallant Edo's? grin grin grin grin

Yariibba ppl Don't mess with your father,

Useless ooni mey dey buy throne grin grin grin grin

Norbe only oghene uhe na oghene cow piss grin grin grin grin!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
All kings in Yaribba lands are useless frauds and I don't stand to be corrected as this is a fact!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by OrisaEsu: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
macof:

I've engaged that buffoon on occasion

It seems bini people today have no interest for history or anthropologic knowledge so they just take everything with a mind for local politics and ethnic bigotry
Their young are seriously lacking in intellectualism

Lol the man started off as though he knew what he was doing till he began to fumble with references & talking glib about renowned authorities in History.

The whole nonsense started with their revisionist king whose imaginative composition was dumped in the bin by academics as quickly as it came out grin

3 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/26/video-oba-lagos-humiliates-ooni-ife-lagos-public&ved=2ahUKEwilutnUiODYAhVCMZoKHShiCb0QFjAPegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3FDJHUwKgNL-Jkt5AJUC4m

Your useless ooni is not even on the same level of Benin prince... Oba of Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin

Talkless of the Great Emperor Uno himself .... Omo n"Oba be Edo Ukuakpolopkolo Oba Ewaure II The Great Oba Of Benin Kingdom

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
HATERS BETTER BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS BEFORE YOU DIE YOUNG!! grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
http://www.thescoopng.com/2015/09/17/ooni-watch-court-stops-giesi-ruling-house-from-presenting-candidates/

Hahaha hahaha

Stool mey law court dey finger anyhow like olosho , that one na King?
grin grin grin grin grin grin

FRAUD!!

HAHAHAHA ooni of cow piss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
My Belle Ooo
grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2018
AxxeMan:
http://www.thescoopng.com/2015/09/17/ooni-watch-court-stops-giesi-ruling-house-from-presenting-candidates/

Hahaha hahaha

FRAUD!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Bro dem go die oo

Take am easy you know say dem junior to us wella grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by rhektor(m): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2018
AxxeMan:

Hahaha hahaha

FRAUD!!

There has never been a time when you have added anything meaningful to history here on this section instead you will come here to constitute nuisance. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Two people arguing one demanding proof the has given more than enough instead of your arrogant brother to accept he knew next to nothing because he wanted to give a new meaning to proof he keep clinging to straw, he kept on saying the same thing show me a book published 600 years ago. You jumped in like a spoilt child and start spewing thrash. Is this how your understanding of logic? If you have nothing reasonable to contribute why not just read and dynamic in the corner of your room
Mtchewwwwwwwww

6 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 12:04am On Jan 18, 2018
AxxeMan:
Yariibba ppl mey never learn kingship finish na dem wan con flex malnourished shoulders with gallant Edo's? grin grin grin grin

Yariibba ppl Don't mess with your father,

Useless ooni mey dey buy throne grin grin grin grin

Norbe only oghene uhe na oghene cow piss grin grin grin grin!!

Oghene of cow piss"

Chaii it is finished!!

grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by rhektor(m): 12:04am On Jan 18, 2018
SicilianMafia:

grin grin grin grin grin

Bro dem go die oo

Another miscreant spotted, what are the modes on this section doing can't you see idiots trying to derail a reasonable thread? Orisaesu has done something great if you have contrary opinion put it up with reasonable arguments not trolls that demean you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
rhektor:

There has never been a time when you have added anything meaningful to history here on this section instead you will come here to constitute nuisance. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Two people arguing one demanding proof the has given more than enough instead of your arrogant brother to accept he knew next to nothing because he wanted to give a new meaning to proof he keep clinging to straw, he kept on saying the same thing show me a book published 600 years ago. You jumped in like a spoilt child and start spewing thrash. Is this how your understanding of logic? If you have nothing reasonable to contribute why not just read and dynamic in the corner of your room
Mtchewwwwwwwww
[/s]

You were talking rubbish, I blame my Edo brother for even sparing you 5mins
You were cornered and you kept spewing cheap lies like a broken record!

I advise you to go get a life and fvvck of Edo's Dcvk grin grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 12:08am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
rhektor:

Mtchewwwwwwwww
[/s]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by rhektor(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2018
SicilianMafia:
[s][/s]

You were talking rubbish, I blame my Edo brother for even sparing you 5mins
You were cornered and you kept spewing cheap lies like a broken record!

I advise you to go get a life and fvvck of Edo's Dcvk grin grin grin

I never expected you to say something reasonable, you can not give what you don't have

2 Likes

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by SicilianMafia: 12:13am On Jan 18, 2018
rhektor:

I never expected you to say something reasonable, you can not give what you don't have

Keeping talking nonsense from another moniker , your medicine dey my hand!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by AxxeMan: 12:19am On Jan 18, 2018
SicilianMafia:

grin grin grin grin grin

Bro dem go die oo

Well if they do, impiritus ivinus on thier soul grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by rhektor(m): 12:29am On Jan 18, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Keeping talking nonsense from another moniker , your medicine dey my hand!!
This is all you could say right now?
Re: The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 18, 2018
You are right my brother.
I totally wasted my time.
He claimed that a certain conversation took place 600 years ago.
I asked him to prove his claim, the only way to prove such a thing is to provide a 600 year old document in which the conversation is detailed.
That is only common sense, instead he provides recently written documents which by the way don't claim anything about the conversation but talk about some ogané to whom the "rulers of Benin had a lose spiritual allegiance" (in the first document) and the second document mentions no allegiance at all, rather it talks about some ogané who had a role in the coronation process of Benin. In the first document the authors claims that ogané is the ooni f ife, while in the second document (which is more recent by the way) the author claims that nobody knows who agané is and that the ooni of ife is one among several possibilities.

[I want to point out one fact which seems to have eluded the yoruba junkies: the two texts talking about ogané were published after a certain country which used to be called Dahomey had renamed itself Benin republic. I would also like to point out that some europeans while writing about Dahomeys's history have made the mistake of referring to Dahomey with its current name (Benin). I would also like to point out that nowhere in the two texts is Omo n'Oba n'Edo mentionned, neither is the word Edo even mentionned.
I would also like to point out that the expression Benin Kingdom is not present in the two texts nor is the expression Benin City.]

I emphesized that these texts were recent documents and that to prove the claims, the original documents were needed. So after needlessly trying to create some diversion the yoruba fellow provided the first page of a document written in 1892 and kept claiming it were written in 1533. Why he kept making that claim (while the year of publication is clearly written on the document) is beyond me. And the fact that the yoruba player gave only the first page on which nothing more than the title was visible is also beyond me.

The yoruba trans would make claims which I would rightly debunk only for him to repeat the same claim after I have debunked 10 new claims of his.

It is really a non ending cycle.

Conclusion: I wasted my time.

AxxeMan:

Bro I find it insulting you are debating our rich thief proof culture with yariiba people .... Kindly disist thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Take On Asoebi / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sadiya's Birthday / Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.