Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre (20371 Views)

Carlcare Website Just Got A Massive Update / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! / My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by hopefulLandlord: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2017
bbb
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by joey150(m): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2017
You bought a camon c9 and so we deserve to read your epistle.

Whatever happaned is between you and tecno even if you walked through the valley of the shadow of death...
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by castrol180(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2017
Front page

This is a must read for everybody: ten things to avoid to run out of poverty

10 things to avoid if you don't want to be a pauper for life. http://mymotivitain..com/2017/08/10-things-to-avoid-if-you-dont-want-to.html
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Abiagirl777(f): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2017
It is good to always speak out .It is not everything we should endure in this useless country with frustrated customer care personnels.
I dealt with a Cc agent then at Diamond bank as an intern at OGFZA one Eleme even though my account was #5000 plus.
She snubbed me and treated me with contempt so I showed her madness.
for 1 week,diamond bank kept calling me from all quarters.the next time I went there she had been removed and was even sent to apologize to me.

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Vickytall: 7:51am On Aug 29, 2017
same thing happened to me at opebi branch..... I was told to bring 33,400 even though I still have warranty that it isn't their fault that water enter the device which was a lie..... I wish I know what I know now.......... but will never in my life buy a tecno phone again
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Mac2016(m): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Some of you may recall that I made a post last week Friday that made front page on Nairaland. In case you missed it, here's the link (https://www.nairaland.com/4010624/experience-carlcare-service-center-uyo). The post was about my bad... If any of the staff displeases you in the way they handle issues or speak to you, request to see the manager in charge of the centre and lay a complaint. Do not go silent and expect things to change. Change begins with each and every one of us as we make those who should cater for the populace in one way or another be accountable for their actions.

CC:
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
CarlcareOpebi
CarlcareSophia
This guy has an impressive writing skill! Happy there was a sweet retreat for you...to others, this is the power the social media has thrusted upon us if harnessed in a good and smart manner instead of name calling and tribal tagging by some senseless nairalanders that like calling "afonjas" and besmircking other tribes too. Youths can achieve a good turnaround in Nigerian politics via social media and have a more prosperous Motherland. God bless you, all!

3 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by almarthins(m): 7:54am On Aug 29, 2017
wordproof:
Many of us don't understand the impact and efficacy of what we do here of Nairaland, most google search about Nigeria often refers u back to Nairaland, companies that would normally neglect your private massages and mails responds immediately once published on Nairaland.

I bet if we tone down the hate speech on Nairaland the whole country will follow...

We all should be glad KANU is speaking up against the Nigerian Elite and Cabal that would never understand the language of poverty, they have amassed enough wealth for their fourth generation...To perpetually manipulate you into fighting their battle online and offline...what a shame!!

We all need to learn to speak up, just like the OP demand your due, from the companies, from the Government and from your elders...

NIGERIA MUST RESTRUCTURE

BTW:
Oga u greedy ooo, u still write, still wan first me comment ni?

KANU shld also tone down his hate speeches too...
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 29, 2017
But why does it always have to get to this level before companies take it seriously undecided
Well i just hope i dont have any need to create my own thread soon, my camon cx barely two weeks old started malfunctioning ,why can't tecno just make a stong phone,to think i bought that camon cx because of the hype, anyway, make I dey observe first
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by shevy878: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2017
Grace and Innocent may have actually want to help you but their access to your request might be limited or even ignore by their zonal branch in PH, so instead of them to come clean with you they choose to take advantage of the situation and exploit you for their own selfish reasons. ThanKGod for nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by shevy878: 8:03am On Aug 29, 2017
almarthins:

KANU shld also tone down his hate speeches too...
when u nickname ur frnd BIGHEAD and him in respon nickname you COCONUTHEAD, you gat no choice yu hav to accept it likdt because u startd it. APC and The North startd hate speech and they hav to contend wit it.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:06am On Aug 29, 2017
Personally, i think the c9 is better than the cx, I've used both, the c9 is very solid and fast
The cx hangs alot, everytime, system ui has stopped working

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by mummyson26(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice write -up

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by lebete3000: 8:14am On Aug 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Some of you may recall that I made a post last week Friday that made front page on Nairaland. In case you missed it, here's the link (https://www.nairaland.com/4010624/experience-carlcare-service-center-uyo). The post was about my bad experience at Carlcare's Uyo Service Center. Posting it on Nairaland was my own form of public complaint in order to draw attention to some of the issues that others and I have faced in the service centres. Nairaland did its part by helping me to spread the news to the wider audience and I really appreciate that. Others also helped me share the experience to Carlcare on Twitter and Facebook. Thank to everyone that shared and spread the complaint, Carlcare was able to reach out to me. This is a follow-up narration, or a sequel, to what I earlier wrote.

After my post reached Carlcare, I was called by one of the zonal heads of Carlcare who spoke nicely and was genuinely sympathetic to what I experienced. He told me he read my post after his attention was drawn to it by someone. He got my number after he reached out to the Uyo Service Center to confirm that my complaints were genuine. He had me reiterate the whole issue to him. After hearing from myself and Grace (the Carlcare staff at the centre of the whole saga), he apologised for the way I was treated and made me understand that Grace did not follow the due processes she should have followed in this matter, even though she didn't have any ulterior motives (according to him).

The zonal head was not happy about the N13,000 that I paid for the supposed "swap" to L9. He also asked me how I was coping with the Tecno L9 and I told him that I didn't like the device. He promised to get me L9 Plus, the higher 2GB ram variant of the device, in order to compensate for the money I paid. However, he said that device was not available at the Uyo centre but he would make some calls to know which centre in the South-South/South-East has it in stock. After about 40 minutes, he called back and told me that the L9 was unavailable but that Camon C9 was available. It should be noted here that I had specifically asked Grace, when I was supposed to choose initially, for any of the top gear Camon devices (C9 or CX). So when the zonal head said this was available, I told him I would prefer it. In the absence of L9 Plus or any other device within the same specifications spectrum, the Camon C9 would suffice for me because it has:
1. 2GB Ram (which is what I need)
2. 13MP front and back cameras (which are more than enough as I am not even a picture person)
3. 4G LTE (which L9 lacks entirely and which I needed as well)
4. 5.5' screen size (which is okay, even though I would have loved L9 Plus's 6')
5. HiOS (which I love for its simplicity)
6. Upgradable to Android Nougat and Oreon

The only drawbacks to the Camon C9 are its battery capacity of 3000MAH (compared to L9's 5000MAH) and the lack of fingerprint features (which I never fancied much). So the point to note here is that I genuinely liked the device that was on offer. Its current market cost is also in tandem with the original cost of my Tecno PhonePad II (7E).

The zonal head told me that this device was to come from the Port Harcourt Service Center (it wasn't available at the Uyo centre too) and so I had to wait till Monday to get it (since they don't work on last Saturdays of every month). He begged me to stay behind in Uyo till Monday. I thanked him for showing concern and felt a little relieved. I could now have a device that matched what I had (at least for the time being). I was also to return the L9 I was given by Grace earlier on.

Later that evening, I was also called by another person from the Lagos Headquarters (apparently unaware that one of the zonal heads had contacted me). The soft spoken lady called to inform me that investigations had begun based on my complaints and that everything would reach a resolution by Monday. She apologised again for everything before she ended the call.

Barely an hour after I was called from the headquarters, Grace (the Uyo centre staff) called me. It should be noted that she had called me earlier that day to register her grievance concerning my post. However, her evening call was apologetic. She apologised for everything and I indeed gave her the benefit of doubt (knowing full well that this experience may make her more customer friendly and careful).

Fast-forward to Monday morning, 28th August 2017, I received a call from Grace that the Carmon C9 was at the Uyo Center for pickup. I went over to the centre and met her attending to customers. Let me quickly add that I listened in on a conversation she was having with a client and she seemed to be calm, collected and helpful. Immediately I arrived, she quickly finished with the client before her and called me to come forward (this is in contrast to my previous experience where I would have waited for long, even though I wasn't on the new client waiting side). I quickly proceeded to the desk and she brought out a well sealed Camon C9 (picture of pack attached). Innocent, the staff that initially collected my PhonePad II for repairs when I brought it back the second time, was there to verify that I collected the device (as hinted by Grace). Innocent also spoke nicely and warmly this time around. I also got my initial N400 change (Innocent insisted on it).

After collecting the device, I personally unsealed it for the first time and I saw the Tecno C9. It came alongside all its accessories; a charger, an earpiece, a flipcase and a warranty card. I setup the phone with ease and have been using it well since then. Unlike the L9 I was earlier given, this device is fast, can multi-task and has good 3G and 4G bands. There isn't much difference between the C9 and the newly released CX, apart from the fingerprint scanner and double LED present in the CX.

After a while, I received a call from the zonal head who promised to give me the C9. I thanked him for his intervention and he permitted me to always beckon on him (via his personal number which I now have) should I run into any qualms with any of the staff at Carlcare. I was pleased with this gesture because it shows that the company is willing to rebrand itself and make things better. I only wish that they weed out the bad staff Carlcare has in all its branches. I am only one among a great number of persons who have had bad experiences with Carlcare staff. A lot of persons can not speak out or may not want to. The company should put measures in place to enhance client satisfaction. If I was treated and spoken to the way I was after my public complaint, there would not have even been the need for a complaint in the first place.

It is on this note that I commend Carlcare management, especially the said zonal head, for the way my complaint was quickly addressed. Many companies would see posts like mine and simply ignore (after all, my post will not stop people from going to Carlcare) but Carlcare chose to call me and tried to make me happy (whether genuine or not, I still appreciate). I still have a quarrel with the way their staff treat clients but I am satisfied with how I was treated by the management. I urge everyone who is treated badly at any of the Carlcare centres to quickly reach out to Carlcare via Facebook, Twitter, Email or any other means possible. If any of the staff displeases you in the way they handle issues or speak to you, request to see the manager in charge of the centre and lay a complaint. Do not go silent and expect things to change. Change begins with each and every one of us as we make those who should cater for the populace in one way or another be accountable for their actions.

CC:
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
CarlcareOpebi
CarlcareSophia

I think I should also talk about how my house was burgled and gadgets worth almost half a million was carted away in Jigawa State.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by nawtyme: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2017
I don't know why we still buy these Tecno phones? I will rather buy a fairly used LG(worse case scenario) than buy a Tecno product
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2017
that grace and innocent carlcare agents ought to have been sacked by now. they had motive of duping the op
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by andycom(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2017
if I write about my bad experience with Carlcare here ehh?? the company would fold. I just moved on with my life
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2017
wman:
I love the way you write.

Thank you very much.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Getintouch2004(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2017
Abiagirl777:
It is good to always speak out .It is not everything we should endure in this useless country with frustrated customer care personnels.
I dealt with a Cc agent then at Diamond bank as an intern at OGFZA one Eleme even though my account was #5000 plus.
She snubbed me and treated me with contempt so I showed her madness.
for 1 week,diamond bank kept calling me from all quarters.the next time I went there she had been removed and was even sent to apologize to me.

Did you channel your grievances through social media or there in the bank?

Thanks.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2017
joey150:
You bought a camon c9 and so we deserve to read your epistle.

Whatever happaned is between you and tecno even if you walked through the valley of the shadow of death...

I think you should read the first post that prompted this one. I doubt if you even read this post.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by bettyLad(f): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2017
wow. the internet is indeed huge, nairaland is a great platform, I can stay a day without checking my fb page but I can't stay an hour without checking nairaland for updates. I'm addicted to nairaland and I'm proud of it.

2 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2017
nawtyme:
I don't know why we still buy these Tecno phones? I will rather buy a fairly used LG(worse case scenario) than buy a Tecno product

Many people patronise Tecno because of price. However, cheap things rarely come with good quality.

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2017
frenzyduchess:
But why does it always have to get to this level before companies take it seriously undecided
Well i just hope i dont have any need to create my own thread soon, my camon cx barely two weeks old started malfunctioning ,why can't tecno just make a stong phone,to think i bought that camon cx because of the hype, anyway, make I dey observe first

I think the CX was rushed. So many people have been complaining about it.

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2017
andycom:
if I write about my bad experience with Carlcare here ehh?? the company would fold. I just moved on with my life

Please don't always move on when you have been mistreated. Your reaction, response or complaint may make the company become better. Even if you don't get compensated, you'd sleep well knowing that others will learn from your experience and the company may even end up treating clients well.

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by masks(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2017
wordproof:
Many of us don't understand the impact and efficacy of what we do here of Nairaland, most google search about Nigeria often refers u back to Nairaland, companies that would normally neglect your private massages and mails responds immediately once published on Nairaland.

I bet if we tone down the hate speech on Nairaland the whole country will follow...

We all should be glad KANU is speaking up against the Nigerian Elite and Cabal that would never understand the language of poverty, they have amassed enough wealth for their fourth generation...To perpetually manipulate you into fighting their battle online and offline...what a shame!!

We all need to learn to speak up, just like the OP demand your due, from the companies, from the Government and from your elders...

NIGERIA MUST RESTRUCTURE

BTW:
he's grateful brov especially for the impact of nairaland.......I'm impressed......I love NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Jelal0007(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2017
wordproof:

NIGERIA MUST RESTRUCTURE

BTW:
U tried making sense only 2 say nonsense in the end. Which Nigerian elite is KANU speaking against? The very ones who sponsor him 2 cause troubles 4 dis administration? Which right thinking individual will come out and say,there won't be any election in anambra state? A state blessed with the best performing governor in SE. Oga learn how 2 make ur points without sentiments attached to it joor.

2 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Fourwinds: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2017
@fratermathy.... it is because your Complaint had reached the heads of Carlcare that is why their useless customers' service providers are sobber... Some Nigerians can pretend at their work place... so if their Ogas are not there, all they do is to reap customers off their money...FYI you have given me need to be suspicious of their useless customer care provider... if I ever encounter them I will hit them hard...I don't know why Nigerians take advantage of their position and become dubious and wicked

3 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2017
Hmm, must you put

cc lalasticlala

On a post if you want it front page, because since I joined nairaland every topic created or some ends with that.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2017
buffalowings:
I'm just waiting when glo will respond to the complaint about their poor service
Useless company.
Instead they will be signing celebrities on huge contracts.

And you had to quote the the whole comment undecided

Glo is another terrible company that doesn't even listen to complaints. Their day will come soon enough.

3 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2017
fidalgo19:
Hmm, must you put

cc lalasticlala

On a post if you want it front page, because since I joined nairaland every topic created or some ends with that.

Well. He's a supermod on Nairaland. Your post may make Frontpage without CCing him but it'd take quite a long time (since he has to locate the post first). But if he is CCed, it'd be easier for him to locate the post and judge its worthiness for Frontpage.
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by captleonerd(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2017
wordproof:

NIGERIA MUST RESTRUCTURE

BTW:
see the way you just spoilt your write up with the talk on KANU. You are calling for the unity of Nigeria and an end to hate speech yet you defend the same KANU that is the champion of hate speech and disunity. The same KANU that called us betrayers and ewedu people while calling the fulanis gworo chewing illiterate almajiris. Next time make use of your brain till the end. You are so confused you don't even know if you want to follow KANU or Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by tall2ce(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2017
Carlcare don't joke with customers
Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by fratermathy(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2017
OfficialUncle:
I need help here pls.... got a tecno phone with 12 month warranty but the phone started misbehaving in less than 4 months without any external damage..... I stay in Osogbo, pls how do I go about the "calcare thing"? is there any calcare office in osogbo or its environs?? pls help

What they have in Osogbo is a collection point where they receive the device on behalf of Carlcare and return it to you once it has been repaired (the device has to be sent to the nearest service centre). All these will take some time too.

See screenshots below for Osogbo collection points.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Blackberry Comonth 3GB Slashed To 1GB / FG puts New Tax On Telephone Calls to fund healthcare for less privileged / Need Help!!! Btw Tecno Camon C8 And Infinix Hot Note, Which Should I Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.