Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

The Crying Corpse. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Crying Corpse. (643 Views)

The Crying Child / Crying Blood, Bleeding Tears / The Crying Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Crying Corpse. by Teco2(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2017
All rights reserved : No part of this story maybe reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means whatsoever without the permission from the writer .

"Mr. Manu, your wife gives birth to a bouncing baby boy "

Manu smiled broadly when the doctor delivered the good news. Yes! he was happy.... very happy. Finally, his wife has given birth .She had been childless for good five years and her finally given birth was something extraordinary.He could not hide his excitement.

"Doctor, what are saying? That I'm now a father? "
He asked, his face shining with excitement.

"Yes Mr. Manu.... as a matter fact, you can go in and see your son"

Manu rushed in but on seeing the little baby boy, Manu's happiness suddenly disappeared like a mirage. He looked at the baby, intently..... then, to his mother.... the differences was staggering..... something silly was running through his mind. Why was the little baby boy looking almost like an albino while his parents are as dark as charcoal? Is there any possibility of a child coming out so differently from his parents or could it be that his wife cheated on him and had a child with another Man? millions of questions crowded his mind. He looked at his wife again , feelings of betrayal and disappointment written all over his face.

He went back to the Doctor Who was by now in his office.

"Doctor, I've a problem.... "He said when doctor offered him a seat.

"What's the problem? " the doctor asked.

"That baby boy doesn't look like me or his mother "

the Doctor smiled.

"What are you thinking my friend?..... That your wife cheated on you? "

"Exactly doctor.... there's no way that little baby boy is mine..... there's no similarities between us"

"Ah! My friend don't condemn your wife yet......A situation like this maybe as a result of a recessive gene.... this is a gene that carries information in the DNA but hidden, ie not visible.... this is why siblings can look very different from one another and why a person maybe different from his parents "

Manu was not satisfy with the doctor explanation. He didn't give a damn with all their "Medical nonsense"....He can only judge what he saw... and what he saw there---in the hospital ward was not his son....His wife had cheated on him.He concluded...He even branded the doctor as an anti-christ...A true follower of Christ does not lie.....He or she does not cover truth with falsehood .....yes! the Doctor was covering for his wife. He thought to himself.... He looked at the Doctor menacingly, Then, he noticed something.... The baby's nose was slightly upward like that of the Doctor, damn it! maybe he was her lover, Ah! the thought of it oppressed Manu the more. He stood up and walked out without saying a word .

He visited his friend , Malige and explained what went on at the hospital.

"My wife cheated on me.... there's no way that little baby boy is mine "

"Oh my friend, you doctor told you that things could happen like that.... the baby maybe yours"

"No! I don't believe the doctor... I don't even trust him bcoz that baby resemble him"

Malige could not help but laughed out loud at his friend.

"Look Malige, this is not a laughing matter "

"OK.... forgive me but what are you planning to do? "

"I've a plan and I want you to help me execute it"

"What's the plan? "

"What to find out the biological father of that baby boy"

"How are you going to do that? "

"By dying "

"What? "

"I mean a fake death"

The plan was that manu was to fake his death, by so doing, his wife may run to her lover after the supposed funeral.As part of the plan, Malige was to take Manu's body to the Mortuary... The mortuary only two of them should know about and during this period, Malige was to spy on his wife.

The day Manu supposedly died, all his relatives and friends gathered in the compound and mourned his death. The supposed corpse of Manu was in his room and instead of Malige taking it to the mortuary as planned, Malige bought a Coffin that would be use to bury Manu. Manu offered the discussion and when on one was in the room, except his his friend, Malige, He "resurrected"

"What are you up to.... You are to take me to the mortuary and not to bury me"

"Calm down my friend.... no one is burying you.... I've to change plans... a more convincing plan, just trust me.... and listen, you must not talk or you spoil everything.... now go back to the world of the dead "

Manu nodded and did as he was commanded. But Wat surprised Manu was when he was taken into the coffin. What was malige up to? Was he planning to bury him alive? he wanted to talk but the thought of spoiling the whole plans discouraged him. He must wait to see what his friend was up to. he thought to himself.

The grave was ready and Manu's corpse was taken to the burial ground. The pastor prayed and a dirge was sang and the pastor said :

"Put the coffin inside the grave"

The coffin moved and a strange voice followed.

"No... No.. I'm not dead..... I'm still alive..... please take me out"

And for a second, the burial ground was empty....

To be continued....

1 Like

Re: The Crying Corpse. by sirblero(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2017
lolzzz

can't stop laughing...
how am I not sure ..his SO CALLED FRIEND IS THE FATHER OF THE BABY..

lol ride on sir

(1) (Reply)

Oulala / My Sectary / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.