Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (19035 Views)

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Xfactor2(f): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2011
I just finished Jamaican writer's novel Hardward by J.L Campbell (aka Jayda McTyson) and the Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman.
I'm starting on House of Diamonds to review which is being release on the 22 Nov by Karen Jones.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by ortopazz(m): 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2011
but seriously when are we gonna have writers like john grisham here at home, we are good in our way but we just need to leave the traditional way and become more involved with world issues.

please am looking for where I can join a competition that will aid me sell my self to the literature world most especially poems
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by ira(f): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Xfactor2(f): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2011
I finally started in my second Nigeria novel which is actually turning out so good: Purple Hibuscus. I know everyone has probably read this one.

Cheers
http://fabulosityreads..com/
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Shalomdee(f): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2011
Emecheta and Adichie are my favourite Nigerian writers, I just finished readinp Purple Hibiscus by Adichie and I can't help turning the pages over again. We have really great stories. Explore.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by sniperwolf(m): 7:12am On Dec 01, 2011
I'm so addicted to Dan Brown. I'm reading THE LOST SYMBOL for the 2nd time
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Oluchi007(f): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2011
I recently read 'Things fall apart' again. Buchi Emecheta is a great writer. Has a talent for delving into a woman's psyche. Adiche is also good - 'Half of a yellow sun' was quite engaging. On the whole I don't read as many Nigerian books as I'd like to 'cos I buy most of my novels from charity shops grin
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by ortopazz(m): 12:25am On Dec 05, 2011
Just finishd reading A case for need' by Micheal Crichton. Though nt Nigerian buh mehn thz book is topz.
Got me writing dwn stufz outta d buk erytym
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by ortopazz(m): 12:31am On Dec 05, 2011
My God I feel honoured nw am almst thru reading Dan Brownz Da Vinci Code' 2 God thz buk my God, Evrything gud iz here.
Heard abou thz buk 4rm evry legend, jus had 2 roll out and get it. A Gud read,
thriling,entertaining, lacking wrds 4 it.

Though nt Nigerian buh if u no read thz buk fynd urslf and grab.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by sniperwolf(m): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2011
I have all Dan Brown's book. In order of preference
1. Angels and Demons
2. Digital Fortress
3. Da Vinci Code
4. The Lost Symbol
5. Deceptive Point
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by ortopazz(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2011
^^
Wow, mehn wish I had the Digital fortress, have u read Any JOHN GRISHAM
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by sniperwolf(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
No, I've not had any reason to read John's book
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Nickydrake(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Unless I read the topic wrong, and I doubt i did, the poster's asking about the NIGERIAN books you're reading. So what's stuff about Dan Brown, Michael Crithcton and some Jamaican folk doing here? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by tpia5: 2:21am On Dec 19, 2011
I need to create more time to read.

Havent done so in a while.

I think the last nigerian book i read was a history one.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by ortopazz(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
sniperwolf:

No, I've not had any reason to read John's book

John Grisham is the best homie, if u av never had a reason then I guess ur on a long thing.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by danteweb: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2011
Are you in any of these fields: photography, theatre, music, visual arts, illustration, graphic design, film making, architecture, acting, web design, publishing, poetry, makeup art, carpentry . . .

Join http://www.creativxchange.net, Nigeria's first online platform for showcasing and discovering creative work!

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Ladytemi(f): 9:03am On Dec 24, 2011
Getting ready to start reading Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by morzook(m): 6:08am On Dec 27, 2011
Ìrèké oníbùdó by D.O Fagunwa

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Yinkay: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2011
Ogboju Ode Ni nu Igbo Irunmale, D.O Fagunwa
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by geraldarts(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2011
NIGERIANS read this is true. its population also helps writers cope. what is the case of my country cameroon? you launch a novel and people may only buy it at the launch while the rest is left to rot at the store despite the serious theme the book is centered on and despite the books propagation.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by adebayo201: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
grin shocked grin quest for God cry cry cry
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by favouredjb(f): 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
Anthills of the savannah-chinua Achebe
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by demelza: 2:16am On Jan 19, 2012
Reading Elechi Amadi's The Concubine for d umpteenth time.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by blacklion(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Currently reading Segun Adeniyi's 'Power, Politics and Death'.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by tspbook: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2012
Abimbola Dare - The small print.

Good afternoon all,

I would like to share with you the opening chapter of Abimbola Dare's book - The small print. This book was released late last year on amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, smashwords.com as an e-book. Paperback copies will soon be available in good stores around Nigeria, and by mail. Please enjoy and do let me know if you are interested in purchasing the full e-copy. I can be reached on Thesmallprintebook@gmail.com for further details of the book. Yemi.

Please see literature home page smiley

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Angela2012: 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
So far I have read the book titled "The Nigerian Tragedy" written by Aderonke Moyinlorun. It is a wonderful book especially as it talks about the problems of Nigeria in a fictional way. In this moment that we are in Nigeria, "the Nigeria Tragedy"is a book we all need to read to give us hope that a better Nigeria is possible. I strongly recommend this book. It just $2.99 on kindle, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00712ROOA and $6.99 for paperback http://www.amazon.com/Nigerian-Tragedy-Aderonke-B-Moyinlorun/dp/146118598X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327444970&sr=8-1
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by favouredjb(f): 8:34am On Jan 30, 2012
demelza:

Reading Elechi Amadi's The Concubine for d umpteenth time.

i can also read it over n over again,love the book
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Niyi13: 4:47am On Jan 31, 2012
The Broken Pot: A book of short stories by Nigerian authors.
comicbanditpress.com

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Peaceworld(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2012
Looking for a fresh Nigerian read? From an upcoming talent? Then THE BLACK BOOK is what you need! Something fresh and awesome to read!
Check out THE BLACK BOOK's trailer now on Youtube. On sale in Amazon but not yet listed.
The link is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx1Utp_zGV4
What do y'all think?
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by real4ayo(m): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2012
For Great Nigeria written stories ---- > www.alariwo.org

My recent favourite ----> http://alariwo./2012/01/28/alariwo-story-future/ ENjoy the Read
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by busymar: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2012
am reading - THE BLACK MASQUERADE, by MAHA MARVIN AHMED.
at only age 24- he has written four novels in the genres of science fiction, fantasy, and adventure.

His unpublished works include; Bdellium, The Realm, and In The Darkness of Our Hearts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Killer Leggings / Which Of These Did You Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.