Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (19039 Views)

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Peaceworld(m): 6:46am On May 27, 2012
Introducing a Novel by a Nigerian author like no other...one with HOLLYWOOD POTENTIAL...think of hollywood blockbusters like Harry Potter and you get the picture...coming into Nigeria vry vry soon...'George Shadow is a Nigerian author in a class of his own, unrivaled': Peter Morphy.
BOOK by George Shadow

A boy and his adopted sisters unwillingly go back in time with their friends and classmates after he mistakenly pens down everyone's name in an ancient book of magic and mysticism, which he found up in their attic while rummaging around…

"The kind of book you read when you're stuck at home on a rainy day. Makes one feel like a kid again!"
- Maedan
Watch book trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx1Utp_zGV4
Read free book pages here:
http://www.freado.com/read/12525/the-black-book

Buy book here:
http://www.xlibrispublishing.co.uk/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx?bookid=301093
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by macasoo(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2012
Read Achebe's CHIKE AND THE RIVER again. I think the success of Things Fall Apart, has undermined other worthy works of the legendary author.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Emmandus(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2012
I am currently reading Wining the War Against Poverty by Bishop David Oyedepo, It treats the aspect of finance in a biblical perspective.
Cheers
Emmandus
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by newacca: 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
OGBOJU ODE NINU IGBO IRUNMOLE -D.O FAGUNWA

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Netra: 11:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
Hello, please check out my books:

The paperbacks are available at:
The Hub Media Store, Polo Park Mall, Enugu
The Hub Media Store, Palms Mall, Lekki, Lagos
Okoziko Worldwide Bookshop, Domestic Airport, Lagos
Kizito Bookshop, Area I Shopping complex, Abuja
Joeson Bookshop, 6b Oguta Rd, Onitsha

Ebooks are available at:
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Romantia
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Netty+Ejike
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-obsession-786979-149.html

For more information on getting eBooks in Nigeria, please visit www.nettyejike.com

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by kaiza1: 4:01am On Jun 08, 2012
For those who grew up on great Nigerian folktales and would like to reintroduce these tales to heir young ones in particular, Check out these Nigerian folktales ebooks on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SOWGXK/ref=cm_sw_su_dp (Nigerian folktales by Kingsley C. Nwabia) They are pretty great!

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Emmandus(m): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
I am currently reading Doctors on call by Deane, It's a Mills and Boons series, Yeah! I finally decided to give a romance novel a shot by reading this piece,I am still on it though..
Emmandus!
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Emmandus(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
newacca: OGBOJU ODE NINU IGBO IRUNMOLE -D.O FAGUNWA

Nice book,I recommended this to agroup of Yoruba students while doing a random teaching on Yoruba and some other subjects in a secondary school.I read it a long time ago.It's a great book. 'Iwe naa kun fun Opolopo kayefi ati eko to munado ko' _ an Interesting book full of insights!
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by sweetchicks(f): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2012
half of a yellow sun- chimamanda adichie
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by RuuDie(m): 5:22am On Jun 18, 2012
The first billion - Christopher Reich
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Emmandus(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
niniowo: Nigerians love to read. You just have to go to the nearest vendor to see the myriads of publication to convince yourself. But the question is different when it comes down to books. Some have the tendency to look down on Nigerian Books. One can hardly see books in Nigerian Languages. Why?

Most of us will remember African Writers Series, Pacesetters and other series. I have just finished reading 'Ajasin; Memoirs and Memories' and Dare Babarinsa's House of War. They are engrossing and they will give you insight into Nigerian Politics. So beloved Folks, have you read any Nigerian book of recent?

I want to help as many Nigerians as possible Increase their reading speed!
We live in a world of enormously increasing information. Right from emails, online contents, reports, proposals, minutes of meetings and a whole lot of online and offline written or printed matter to read, digest or catch up with. In this information age, a whole lot of information exists in various forms, like multimedia, books etc.
It’s however of great importance to know that a bulk part of our needed information are written in one form or the other. This makes reading a very important part of our works, day to day life and even for leisure.
The average reading speed of most people is 300wpm Whereas the The human brain is capable of much more if trained to do so, The implication of slow reading speed is that if you fail to develop and increase your reading speed, you might soon be overcome by information overload
Relax! As there is no need to panic as I have done your homework for you by gathering a lot of quality resources that will help your reading speed greater than you can ever imagined, I am talking about increasing your reading speed by over …300%.
Download your own copy here or send a mail to me at emmandus@yahoo.com to request for this FREE report!!
Yes! The free report that can increase your speed by 300% and it's available to you now!

Emmandus!

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by annast: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
Before We Set Sail http://beforewesetsail.com/
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by tiebe: 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
Ndipe: Just finished reading "Arrow of god" by Chinua Achebe, I have to say, Achebe is a master storyteller, perhaps, the best Nigerian novel I have read.

Any idea where I can get an e-copy of this book for kindle or any e reader?
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Ndipe(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
Go on Amazon.com

ti-ebe:

Any idea where I can get an e-copy of this book for kindle or any e reader?
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by tiebe: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
thanks. but there's no e-copy of the book. only hard and paper backs.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by DarryOsh(m): 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
i just read chimamanda adichie's half of a yellow sun. That girl is just so phenomenal. got to read her other books too. Im an aspiring autthor myself
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by UyiIredia(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
U'm reading Fela: Why Blackman Carry $hit by Mabinuori Idowu Kayode.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by newresolve: 5:56am On Jul 04, 2012
I am very new to this forum and am developing a love for Nigerian literature. Someone very dear to me recently quoted a phrase about men being men from the book by the late Cyprian Ekwensi titled, Passport of Mallam Ilia. I have not been able to locate where to purchase this book as a gift for him. Is there anyone out there who knows where I can purchase one or two copies?
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 06, 2012
I once read a Nigerian thriller novel"Mark Of The Cobra". I can't help not ravishing in a day. So compelling.
Actually, i do read any novel or mag that comes my way -be it Nigerian or foriegn, believe me it helps a lot. But these days, things have changed...
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by SERGIO456: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2012
Select from a list of Pittsburgh new home areas, with defined house, townhouse or home programs, or choose a Pittsburgh home
Thanks.
custom home builders Pittsburgh
builder and have a customized home designed on your own lot.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by nndubuisi: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2012
New Year's Day by Nina Ndubuisi - Maybe because I am biased, but so far its had excellent reviews and great feedback from the critics, its also being produced into a Blockbuster movie by Ruke Amata...

"Unknown to Nicholas his wife of eleven years has been having an affair with their Pastor who also happens to be his cousin although his wife is unaware of their ‘blood ties’ On New Year’s Day after accidentally knocking over his wife’s handbag, Nicholas finds ‘a note’ that sets off a chain of events. Secrets, sex, betrayal and revelations abound in this hot and erotic story".

On sale all over Nigeria and Ghana and on line for the rest of the world.
Visit www.ninasthoughts.com to find out how you can get a copy.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Goldieluks: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2012
None for now.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by dominique(f): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
currently reading 'Diaries of a dead African' by Chuma Nwokolo. its really good, our authors are really trying- if only their books were that accescible. i live to see the day when we don't have to visit high-end malls to purchase Nigerian novels.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by wansky(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
I love reading interesting Nigerian books.
Recently, i read:

1. Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie
2. Women of Owu by Femi Osofisan
3. The Rotten Hope by Jideofor (i can't remember the author's first name)
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by maryokekereview(f): 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
[b]Visit my Blog www.maryokekereviews..com check it out, your starting point to African Literature Reviews. You will find recommended African Literatures to read!

[img][/img]

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Jakemond(m): 10:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by luvmijeje(f): 1:34am On Apr 05, 2013
The e-books I am reading right now are the one written by nairaland authors.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
aartaxerxe: I recently read Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

A Wonderful story for anyone to read. About a young girl growing up in nigeria with a background story that draws strong parallels with Nigerias recent history.

I Totally, Thoroughly Recommended it.

Try Half of a Yellow Sun" its also very very nice by the same author.

Or try mine... Death Is a Color Red... available on createspace.com and amazon.com
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
olusolami:

Try Half of a Yellow Sun" its also very very nice by the same author.

Or try mine... Death Is a Color Red... available on createspace.com and amazon.com
shocked You wrote a book?!
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by MasterKtops(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Ndipe(m): 4:58am On Dec 10, 2013
Just finished reading "Efuru" by Flora Nwapa, an ok read.
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Killer Leggings / Which Of These Did You Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.