Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (19072 Views)

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Uduak757: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
niniowo:
Nigerians love to read. You just have to go to the nearest vendor to see the myriads of publication to convince yourself. But the question is different when it comes down to books. Some have the tendency to look down on Nigerian Books. One can hardly see books in Nigerian Languages. Why?

Most of us will remember African Writers Series, Pacesetters and other series. I have just finished reading 'Ajasin; Memoirs and Memories' and Dare Babarinsa's House of War. They are engrossing and they will give you insight into Nigerian Politics. So beloved Folks, have you read any Nigerian book of recent?

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by DanWrites(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
The Village Girl available on Okadabooks and www.dnbstories.com

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Uduak757: 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Been reading this http://www.thenyscexperience.uk/chapter-1
Looks good!!!

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by photoshoot(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2016
dejiolowe:
I have read Sunday Adeniyi's Last 100 days of Abacha.

Yeah! I read that too

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by tck2000(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2019
i love Nigerian books
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Stormyweather(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
dominique:
currently reading 'Diaries of a dead African' by Chuma Nwokolo. its really good, our authors are really trying- if only their books were that accescible. i live to see the day when we don't have to visit high-end malls to purchase Nigerian novels.
hi Dom. Do you have this in soft copy?
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by dominique(f): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stormyweather:
hi Dom. Do you have this in soft copy?

I'm afraid I don't. Even the hard copies of most Nigerian authors are no longer in my possession. Someone borrowed them and didn't return them. I checked okadabooks and saw that particular book has been uploaded there, costs N750
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Stormyweather(m): 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
dominique:

I'm afraid I don't. Even the hard copies of most Nigerian authors are no longer in my possession. Someone borrowed them and didn't return them. I checked okadabooks and saw that particular book has been uploaded there, costs N750
thanks for swift response. This is sad, really. Someone took my hard copy and its gone. Do you have women of Owu soft copy or hard?
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by dominique(f): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Stormyweather:
thanks for swift response. This is sad, really. Someone took my hard copy and its gone. Do you have women of Owu soft copy or hard?

I'm afraid I don't have that either
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 08, 2020
dominique:

I'm afraid I don't have that either
Modified*** Resolved
Thanks
Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by damianchiemezie(m): 6:44am On Jan 09, 2020
When people ask me: " Damian, why would you want to give out the book that took you nice years to write for free?"

My resoonse was always laughter. I laugh at them because they do not understand what the journey is all about. And I equally laugh at myself for taking such a crazy decision.
Anyway, we are here to illuminate the mind and transform lives in spite of the reward. Hence, I have come to offer you a book that took me nine years to write with blood and tears. Neverthless, we must understand that pain is a pleasure if we
are questing for greatness.
So, can you tell us about the book? Good
question.
Beneath The Gloss is a story of struggle and survival, filled with life stories of poverty, wealth, love and marriage. Through this memoir, you shall see clearly the life of a great man, Ezugwu, who struggles to live an ideal life.
He finds himself in a poor family where he
struggles to eat three square meals daily. But because of his poverty, he makes up his mind to be a great man--a great man with wealth, fame, and other good things of life. This is because he doesnt want his lineage to continue in poverty and most importantly he wants to prove to the
world that people that start from scrach can be great too.
You are going to learn all of this from the life history of this genius and you would be inspired to emulate and follow his footsteps.
And no doubt, those negative experiences that greet you in life shall be avoided if you prudently apply the story of Ezugwu--- which is used as a specimen to educate and redeem the world.

It is free. Don't panic. (Totally Free)

Click here to get it https:///2348153680779

Or drop your email and you will get it within 24hrs

Or chat this line : 08136816411

Happy Prosperous New Year

I love you.

Re: What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? by Ndipe(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2020
You can order it on Amazon.com

tiebe:

Any idea where I can get an e-copy of this book for kindle or any e reader?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Killer Leggings / Which Of These Did You Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.