Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List (42196 Views)

Jesse Lingard Trolls Cristiano Ronaldo On Instagram (Photos) / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by obafemee80(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/5492/0Wx04z.jpg[/img]

Despite losing to Floyd Mayweather in super fight,he will earn around £77m

Endorsement deals and UFC pay have seen Conor McGregor become huge draw

McGregor could stretch his lead over Cristiano Ronaldo with another 2017 fight

He met Real Madrid star last year in Las Vegas and predicted eclipsing him

[img]http:///a/img923/3672/3xCHyX.jpg[/img]

Conor McGregor is set to overtake Cristiano Ronaldo In Forbes athlete rich list following his super-fight with Floyd Mayweather with Staggering £77m-plus income... just a year after UFC star predicted he would

The Dubliner's inexorable rise reached stratospheric heights in the cross-over clash which is expected to earn him in the region of £77m — and that's before endorsement deals are considered.

Ronaldo topped the list this year with earnings of £71m and has been eclipsed in 10 rounds of boxing,in which Mayweather forced a stoppage in Las Vegas.

The 'Notorious' is renowned for his predictions and remarkably foresaw overtaking the Real Madrid star when the two athletes met last year. 

Ronaldo visited the UFC lightweight champion in training and the Irishman quipped: 'You were number one on the Forbes list,I was like number 35 or something.I'll get up.Maybe next year I'll get you.' Ronaldo replied: 'I don't think so.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRb5Kzc8v6U

McGregor will still not be on top of the athlete rankings,with Mayweather's purse superseding his earnings.Some reports claim that 'Money' is in line for £233m from the lucrative Las Vegas clash. 

But both men can expect to overtake some huge names in the world of sport such as LeBron James,Roger Federer and Lewis Hamilton. 

And now that 'Money' has retired, appropriately on top of the financial rankings, McGregor will fancy taking top spot in the coming years.

The Irishman is an active champion in the UFC and is even open to the possibility of another contest before the end of the year. 

As the organisation's premium pay-per-view lure, McGregor's fights continue to break records for Dana White both in terms of gate and broadcasting revenue. 

And at only 28-years-old,the 'Notorious' has plenty of pay days left in him.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ufc/article-4832512/Conor-McGregor-overtake-Cristiano-Ronaldo-rich-list.html

3 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by kingxsamz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
wow

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Aldebaran(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thats the Power of Positive/Wishful Thinking

Always stay POSITIVE

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by stefanweeks: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by paiz: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
When I look at Ronaldo
Then I look at Mayweather
I look at wizkid
Then I ask myself what the f**k am I doing in school

180 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Teewhy2: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
grin angry Sport is the real yahoo ++ money we talking about, the money just keep rolling it and you also have the time to be physically fit. how i wish my kids can go into sports and have the money to push them, that can be the best retirement plan for me.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Angelb4: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
And they said I should not fight

5 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by nullboss: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
They have successfully scammed the world, by creating an illusion in which the people would buy into. And both of them cashed out.
Now they are on top Forbes list.

This is how to think big.

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by MykLANNY(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
The race is not to a man of swiftness but it is a function of God's enabling to become anything..... Today is not a destination... Always wear contentment with humility but never settle for less keep allowing God do His work through you.. Money is just a function of value increase your value your monetary possession follows suit

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by flawlessT(f): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Juell(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
shocked got rich for taking a beating? Abeg I want that kinda beating O. Hw I fit contact Mayweather?

11 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by jalanny(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
Teewhy2:
grin angry
jst wow
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by PearlStreet(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
The joke is on the those who foolishly place their bets on these fixed matches.

4 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by colossus91(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
yes yes yes
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by obembet(f): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
Only God knw what I would have become if my mummy didn't stop me for beating all my secondary school mate..... Maybe world No 2...

7 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by chynie: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
now I see why my landlord was warning me yesterday saying
'' don't ever stop my son from fighting again don't u know there is money in fighting''

4 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by soberdrunk(m): 9:36am On Aug 30, 2017
I guess Gregor was just paid to take a beating....... angry

11 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Ihateafonja: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2017
Mcgregor that''s an hate speech grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by jalanny(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Angelb4:
And they said I should not fight
I will call u that day to remind u wink
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by qualityovenbake(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Hmm
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by tkonmoney: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2017
I will soon join
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by dushman04: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2017
The fight was more of a business move, a really smart one

8 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2017
To think my late mother drummed it in my ear while growing up that nothing good ever comes out of fighting

2 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by ybalogs(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2017
He also predicted knocking out Mayweather, we know how it went.

1 Like

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by babyfaceafrica: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2017
Fixed matches
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by jordyspices: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2017
Omo dese sport men dey make money choi pls were is samuel peters and al bashi
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2017
Mayweather should come and beat me please!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by rozayx5(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2017
cool cool cool

business man

his last fight was all about the money cheesy cheesy
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by SHALLREIGN(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2017
You don mean it? I go start learning boxing soon. Make i change occupation ;DYou don mean it? I go start learning boxing soon. Make i change occupation
Re: Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List by Oladipo1166(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2017
I 2 must fight , my children must fight, I mean my generation must fight......

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coach Siasia Quits Over "A Disrespectful System" / Ahmed Musa Dragged For Wishing Christians 'Merry Christmas' / Ahmed Musa Takes A Lovely Selfie With The Security Men (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.