Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane (53818 Views)

See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by muller101(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
The best place is the RUDDER
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Chijosky(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
Me I don't prefer any of the seat coz I never enter plane before

1 Like

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Nedfed(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
See as everyone dey form paparazy.
Even the one wey never step airport before dey claim window side.
I pity una.
No be sóle( early morning ride) all of una dey enta? So that you can cover long distant with small money

1 Like

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by rose54321: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
The worst seat is the middle seat. Particularly on those large Delta intercontinental planes. Worst still if you're seating with mothers and kids. You go just dey like sardine.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Turks: 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
cheesy Sense fall on you.
femi4:
Yinmu.....monitor lizard hunter wey never go airport before too dey get opinion for this thread
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Akowemoon(m): 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
This is the type of thread you'd see the most hypocrites in.

Even people who sit only on okada and keke will come, view and even comment.
SMH.

Lolz..#clown
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by claremont(m): 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
The first row of seats at the middle aisle is the best for me and all those tall people with abnormally long legs. The freedom to stretch without hitting any seat in front of you is amazing, and it's closest to the middle toilets as well. grin
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by freshvine(f): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
Window seat so I can jump out if we're close to having an accident.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by sweetgala(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
Over the wing seats on the first row window side are the best on the plane. There is extra leg room with easy access and exit.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Holywizard: 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
i like sitting on the window side because of fresh air.
Air peace������
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by petitejolie(f): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
hmmmn! I can remember wen I sat inside d booth of d plane , it wasn't funny. I prefer to stay by the window I can easily by gala nd lacasera wen I want

1 Like

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by gbaliciousgbali: 11:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
I like sitting by the side of the windows, it always give me the opportunity to open windows to buy gala,lacasera,kolanuts,shegum,bread agege and chewing stick from those people selling

1 Like

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by sonnie10: 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

SMH.

Welcome back. We missed you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by DRISKLEF(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
decatalyst:
Hmmm...I go like to sit in the front...pilot cabin. Even for molue or taxi, nah front ooo grin

It would allow me take note of 'how many state in Nigeria get light at night'. grin

Hmmmm.. See you sha.. LOL
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by LilSmith55(m): 11:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
On the Air-Hostess Lap,

1 Like

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by feyilag(f): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
decatalyst:
Hmmm...I go like to sit in the front...pilot cabin. Even for molue or taxi, nah front ooo grin

It would allow me take note of 'how many state in Nigeria get light at night'. grin
ol,I like front seats in the bus too. you only see a clear view of the landscape from a plane when you take off and when you want to land, all you see is cloud. but the seats close to the wing are a no no for me
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by tosyne2much(m): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
Helkayklassic:
I can't relate. When someone create a thread about the best place to sit inside keke napep let me know.
cheesy
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by sulmeza(m): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

SMH.
Nigga I must admit...u a sadist....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by oyakhilomeh(m): 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
Over the wing is a no no! The noise stays in your head long after the flight has touched down.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by tooclean(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
So with all dis comments, watin una mean b say na only me never enter airplane for nairaland, una sabi form sha
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by SalamRushdie: 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
True wing seats are always the most comfortable in in terms of bumpiness but the worst on event of a Crash landing because you are literally seating on tons of fuel and on some models a big Ole turbofan jet engine
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by emi14: 12:05am On Aug 30, 2017
SageTravels:
After choosing a destination, choosing an airline to fly, and choosing what to pack, choosing the seat you want on the plane can feel tiresome. Luckily, Readers’ Digest has come up with a helpful video that streamlines the selection process, by pinpointing the three best types of seat on the plane.

Exit Row Seats

According to the video, one of the best bets is the highly sought-after emergency exit row, if you’re up for the (albeit highly unlikely) challenge of helping in an emergency. While many airlines charge passengers for the roomier emergency exit rows, it might be worth ponying up in miles or cash for the privilege. Be aware though that many emergency exit seats don’t fully recline so that people can access the exits in an emergency without trying to hurdle a reclined seat. If you opt for the emergency exit row, keep in mind that it’s usually only the last row of emergency exit seats that lean back. To double check, either ask the airline or check Seatguru.com, the website that can tell you specific details of your plane.

Over The Wing Seats

Readers’ Digest also suggests that one of the best seats on the plane is over the wing. This is particularly true if you are a nervous flyer, because by design those seats may provide a less bumpy ride. “The smoothest place to sit is over the wings, nearest to the plane’s centers of lift and gravity,” explained Patrick Smith on the Ask the Pilot site. That’s why the seats over the wings, tend to feel the fewest bumps along the way and can help ensure a smooth ride even when the air is turbulent.

If you can’t get a seat directly over the wing, opt for one a bit forward of it or perhaps a row or two behind. Those seats tend to offer a more stable ride than anything after the wing. As Travel + Leisure notes, “think of it like the center of a see-saw where the person sitting at either end gets a wilder ride than the person standing in the middle waiting for their turn.”

Window Seats

Something else to think about when you’re choosing a seat is what you plan to do on the plane once you’re onboard. If you’re feeling sleepy—or prefer to let the flight literally fly by while you snooze— opt for the window seat. It’s the best spot for a nap, because you won’t get woken up every time your neighbor needs to visit the lavatory and you can simply lean your head against the wall. It’s always better to lean against the side of the plane instead of your neighbor, and if you bring your own pillow, it’s as comfortable as you can get in economy class.

http://sagetravels.com/three-best-places-sit-plane/
You're naive about flying. Say what you know
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by SageTravels: 12:12am On Aug 30, 2017
Nedfed:

Dey deceive your self, you eva enta plan before? You wey be say na TRAIN you like pass.
Bros stop make I drop

Hahahaha. I will soon post my Abuja train Experience. Window seat is also the best.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by lonelydora: 12:43am On Aug 30, 2017
SageTravels:
Cc; Justwise seun Mynd44 lalasticlala where do you prefer to sit. I love window seat because of the view

DEAR NAIRALANDERS

My Blog Sagetravels was Nominated for Travel Blog Award 2017.

How to Vote

Click this Link

https://couponcode.ng/awards/travel-blog-awards-2017/

Look very well please you will see SAGETRAVELS.com

click on it and vote. This is my first Award nomination. Thanks All

Voted
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by lonelydora: 12:43am On Aug 30, 2017
jessejunior:
It's the window seats for me, you can imagine the view

My best seat anytime.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by drealnamdy(m): 1:33am On Aug 30, 2017
My first international trip...window side experience was d bomb

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by TheVictorious(m): 2:32am On Aug 30, 2017
Which country is that?
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Celdanstar: 2:53am On Aug 30, 2017
Good thread for first time travellers. I think one needs not confine himself or herself to a particular sit, air travel is an adventure, one should try out different sits on different journey, variety they say is the spice of life.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by meliziz12(m): 3:06am On Aug 30, 2017
I would love to sit with the pilot.
Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by IBpaul(m): 4:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Window na surest thing ooo, can't bear d issue of excuse me let me go n pee.....especially from a pregnant lady.

Birthday things, show some love!!!

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane by Abudu2000(m): 4:19am On Aug 30, 2017
Ok meanwhile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Aircraft, King Air 350 Crashes In Abuja, 6 Passengers Feared Dead / Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) / Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.