Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model (1852 Views)

Parts Of A Tri-axle Suspension System For Trailers / Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. / What Is The Difference Between Back Axle And "Car Camber"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by omakay(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Is there any thing like axle oil for toyota camry 2001 model?

I was made to pay for it at a Total Filing Station while i was doing wheel balancing.
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by IykeTurna(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hahahahaha

Bro u don enter one chance o. Those technicians chop u mumuciusly.
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by smartty68(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
omakay:

I was made to pay for it at a Total Filing Station while i was doing wheel balancing.

Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by ray48: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Those people just fleeced u. Axle oil is only used for a 4*4 SUV which uses a front and a back axle. It is also used for older model saloon cars that come with a back axle. Your car is a front wheel drive and does not require axle oil.
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:00am On Aug 30, 2017
omakay:

if you have a receipt, I will buy the case.

1 Like

Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by freshvine(f): 5:47am On Aug 30, 2017
omakay:

They may be right. I once took my camry to a filling station, the attendant drove it to their drain pot, had oil drained from under the vehicle and refilled with their own oil I bought. The said oil is filled into a cylinder kinda pump can and pump into the bay using vacuum air generated pressure.

They called it axle oil

1 Like

Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:59am On Aug 30, 2017
freshvine:

They may be right. I once took my camry to a filling station, the attendant drove it to their drain pot, had oil drained from under the vehicle and refilled with their own oil I bought. The said oil is filled into a cylinder kinda pump can and pump into the bay using vacuum air generated pressure.

They called it axle oil

is ur camry manual?
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by omakay(m): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2017
freshvine:

They called it axle oil

Exactly. When i asked where the empty can of the oil is , the showed me a cylinder-shaped pump with a black pipe. I had to warn the guy never to do things behind the customer. I told him the next time i get there again, i will enter the pit with him and watch him use that pump with the said axle oil. If that does not happen, i aint paying a dime.
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by Inception(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2017
omakay:

For the Automatic transmission of your car, The axle and transmission are built into the same unit. In-fact it is more correctly called a Trans-axle.
This implies that they both use the gear oil(ATF) for lubrication and proper functioning and there is no separate chamber between them.

So technically it is a ripoff.
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by freshvine(f): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

is ur camry manual?

GAZZUZZ, it's called a differential oil and the generation of camry from 1997-2001 has that axle chamber. I've sold the car though but has all the service schedule manual with me
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by freshvine(f): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2017
omakay:

Exactly. When i asked where the empty can of the oil is , the showed me a cylinder-shaped pump with a black pipe. I had to warn the guy never to do things behind the customer. I told him the next time i get there again, i will enter the pit with him and watch him use that pump with the said axle oil. If that does not happen, i aint paying a dime.

They were right in what they did. You generation of camry has it.

Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by omakay(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2017
Inception:

For the Automatic transmission of your car, The axle and transmission are built into the same unit. In-fact it is more correctly called a Trans-axle.
This implies that they both use the gear oil(ATF) for lubrication and proper functioning and there is no separate chamber between them.

So technically it is a ripoff.

So can i also take it that they gauged/balanced the gear oil? ( I have not checked that in a while though. I don't even know how to gauge that stuff). Lets assume that they actually changed any oil.

Next time though, i have to see what they are changing and how they are changing what they are changing.

N.B : HOW IS ATF OIL/GEAR OIL GAUGED? I KNOW ABOUT THE DIP STICK ALREADY BUT IF THERE IS ANOTHER EFFICIENT WAY!!!!!!
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by omakay(m): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

is ur camry manual?

Nope, Its automatic
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by omakay(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
freshvine:

They were right in what they did. You generation of camry has it.

wait ooooooo.... Does it mean that axle oil and differential oil are the same thing?
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
omakay:

wait ooooooo.... Does it mean that axle oil and differential oil are the same thing?

yep same thing, they were right. uses about 1 liter.
Re: Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
freshvine:

GAZZUZZ, it's called a differential oil and the generation of camry from 1997-2001 has that axle chamber. I've sold the car though but has all the service schedule manual with me

you are right. been a while i worked on the 1995-2001 transmission.

(1) (Reply)

The Soon Coming 2019 Bmw X8......really Magnificient / Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 / My Honda Civic Is Very Thirsty, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.