Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni (4093 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
My name is Oluwatoyin Oginni, I have written a quiet number of stories which meant nothing to me, sometimes I keep them and forget about them,this is the first story I'm giving out to people to read,I seriously need people's comment on this,Correct my mistakes and tell me where I need to focus on.
God bless you as you read.
My wife must die
Episode 1

My name is Johnson, I am happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl,I am in the hotel room waiting for my girlfriend Efe, My heart won't stop beating fast,I am so restless walking up and down,I did not go home last night and my wife won't stop calling my phone,the more she calls the more it breaks my heart,Then I heard a knock at the door,that must be Efe,she knows the room number,we have been coming to the hotel for awhile now,so she is not a stranger in the hotel.
Come in, the door is not locked,She opened the door,dropped her bag on the chair and sat beside it,Good morning Johnson,there is nothing good about the morning girl can we please do what we are here for, I screamed.
Efe asked if I was okay? I nodded my head and said I'm okay,but baby you are shouting, Efe said.
I told her I'm not okay,I brought out a gun and a bottle filled with poison,Efe stood up and shouted Johnson, A gun? And poison I added, Efe asked if I wanted to kill her, Johnson you wanna kill me?I said Oh no, how can I kill my sweetie and my unborn child.
Efe: Then, what are the gun and the poison for?
Johnson: my wife
Efe: your wife?
Johnson: yes my wife (frowning) my wife must die,since I cannot do it myself I think you are in the best position to help me kill her
Efe: Are you crazy? You wanna kill your own wife? And you are telling me I would be the one to help you kill her? When did I become a murderer? Johnson when did I become .......
Johnson (interrupts) will you keep quiet and listen to me?
Efe (shaking) oh my God! Oh my God!
Johnson: Efe can you please sit down and listen to me
Efe: (Shivering) okay! Okay!
Watch out for Episode 2
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
Episode 2
Johnson telling his story.

I Have known my wife, Tofunmi since our university days,she was one of the biggest girls in the department,I fell in love with her the very first time I set my eyes on her but I could not approach her due to my low level life,we were in the same department and the same level,we were not too closed but we started talking when I helped her with her test when she was not in school,she wanted to pay like other students but I said no,since that time we say hi to each other,I never knew she was going to be my wife,I could not show her how much I care for her so she won't become my enemy,I love the way she called my name every morning in class, Jay, Good morning,how was your night? I wouldn't want anything to stop that so I kept it to myself but I always admire her from afar.
I graduated with a second upper been one of the best student in my class, all my effort to get a very good job proved abortive,I have no one but my mother who struggled to send me to school and expects me to get a job and help my younger ones.
After three years of suffering,three years of staying at home without a job,hoping a miracle will happen,I opted for teaching,my salary was not enough for only me,and I have my siblings and my mother to cater for ,she was always sick,one day we rushed her to the hospital,thank God I had just collected my salary,I deposited the money and prayed for miracle to happen,I and my younger ones knew there is no food for the month since we all depended on my salary,I couldn't concentrate at work,I had to take one day off,,I joined my siblings at the hospital,we were hopeless and silent at the same time,but my brother Temi broke the silence.
Is this how we are going to stand and allow mummy die? See,he brought out a white paper from his pocket,these are the list of the drugs we are to get for mummy yet we are not doing anything about it,but Temi what do we do now? I asked, I have looked everywhere for money I couldn't get,no family is ready to help us,My sister Kike asked while crying so mummy will die? We both shouted at her?are you out of your mind? she said I know what I'm talking about,mummy is not improving due to lack of treatment,the doctors and nurses are already complaining that we should take her away since we have got no money to get the necessary things for her,mummy is in pains.
I couldn't hold my tears,I drew her to my side,place her head on my shoulder while we all cried.

Watch out for Episode 3
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
Is it possible to edit my post? How can I do that please? Admin please helppppppp
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by adontcare(f): 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
What an interesting story this is. Mr Johnson better have a good reason for wanting his wife dead.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by Divepen1(m): 6:28am On Aug 30, 2017
mclawcoker:
Is it possible to edit my post? How can I do that please? Admin please helppppppp
Yes. Click on modify.
Meanwhile, unless you're writing a drama or script. This is not the standard prose style.. I mean the conversation and it's not even creativity.
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 6:36am On Aug 30, 2017
Thanks Divepen
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by Divepen1(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2017
mclawcoker:
Thanks Divepen
You're welcome
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by hormobolanle: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
hmm, no matter what d wife has done, does dat sign her death warrant Na Wa for some men sha.... will Kip my legs crossed n watch aw d story unfolds

Mayreeyam Skillful01 Whocarex Hadampson Kimberlywest Jane1234f queenitee yewandequeen yewande1234
omonifamily kimkardashian Evajael Emperor380 call ya wife n coman read dis Tori of a heartless husband

am coming......#Matters arising wink
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by Jane1234f(f): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2017
hormobolanle:
hmm, no matter what d wife has done, does dat sign her death warrant Na Wa for some men sha.... will Kip my legs crossed n watch aw d story unfolds

Mayreeyam Skillful01 Whocarex Hadampson Kimberlywest Jane1234f queenitee yewandequeen yewande1234
omonifamily kimkardashian Evajael Emperor380 call ya wife n coman read dis Tori of a heartless husband

Ayam here

1 Like

Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by omonifamily(f): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
hormobolanle:

I don come dear hormobolanle, tnx foe d mention

1 Like

Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
My wife must die
Episode 3

I promised them I will do whatever it takes to save mummy's life, my mother must not die,we all prayed to God that moment to please spare our mother's life and fortunately for us God heard us,I collected the prescription note from Temi,I told them I have to go look for money,where and how I don't know.
I was about leaving the hospital gate when I heard someone in a CRV army green colour shouted my name, JOHNSON,she was driving into the hospital,I couldn't recognize the person's face from afar,I had to move closer,she parked her car and started coming to where I was,she shouted again,JOHNSON ADEBAYO,I also shouted OLUWATOFUNMI PETERS,she nodded her head and said,yes it is me,she hugged me,oh Jay,it s a lie,where on earth have you been? What happened to you? I couldn't believe you are the one but my eyes cannot deceive me,even in the dark I cannot mistake you for another person.
I wanted to pretend that I was fine but I couldn't,I burst into tears,you see Tofunmi my mother is seriously sick,I don't know if I'm going to lose her,she is the only one I have got,no money to .......,she didn't allow Me to finish when she interrupted,is she in this hospital? I answered yes,what is the nature of her sickness? Tofunmi asked,I told her she is a diabetic patient,she is been managing this for years until lately when things got out of control,we need to buy some drugs and I began to stammer,she said okay,nodding her head,can u please walk me to the car?she asked,on getting to where her car was parked,she opened the car door,brought out her purse and counted twenty thousand naira,she gave me the money,Jay please go get the most important ones,I'm here on an assignment,I have come to see the (CMD) the chief medical director of the hospital,I also work in a federal hospital as an administrative officer,I should be done in less than two hours,she brought out her phone,can I have your number? I said sure,I typed my number and gave her the phone,she saved my number she promised to call as soon as she is through with the CMD.
I ran back to the ward where my mummy was,my brother was asking me questions,I told him not now,went straight to the nurse and asked her to show me the most important ones out of the required drugs,she brought out her pen and ticked the most important ones,I quickly rushed to the pharmacy to get the drugs,the money was not enough I bought the first five and they were given to her,we were a bit relieved.
We smiled for the first time in five days,praying and hoping she gets better.

Episode 4

Few hours later my phone rang,I brought out the phone from my pocket,it must be Tofunmi,I picked the call
Me: hello
Tofunmi: Hello jay,this is Tofunmi
Johnson: How are you?
Tofunmi:I'm fine,I'm through with my assignment,so where are you?
Jay: I'm with my mummy
Tofunmi: can I come see her?
Jay: why not ?
Tofunmi: how will I locate the place?
Jay:Just ask anyone around that you are going to the female ward,I will be at the corridor waiting for you
Tofunmi: okay
She was able to locate the female ward within five minutes,I took her to where my mummy was,but mummy was sleeping,she promised to check on her some other time,Temi and Kike went on their knees to thank her,you don't have to do that,please stand up,she carried them up,I also thanked her and told her I have bought some drugs, Jay you don't have to thank me,what are friends for? She asked if there is an ATM around,I said sure,she took me to the ATM and withdrew some cash,here is 100 thousand naira,if this is not enough don't hesitate to call me,I would have loved to stay with you but I don't have much time,I have to get back to the office before 4pm,I will come see you tomorrow,I said okay and thanked her again,she prayed that mummy would get well very soon while I said Amen,I waved at her as she drove off,I headed back to the hospital,I told Temi and Kike about the 100 thousand,they were so happy,they prayed that God would bless her,we bought the remaining drugs,settled the bills,We asked one of the nurses if mummy would be okay,she assured us that she would be fine,since they have commenced treatment. First thing tomorrow morning,we would take her blood sample and do the necessary test,the nurse said,we were greatly relieved,I gave Kike some money to go home and prepare food for us to eat,I left Temi with mummy,I needed some time for myself,I wanted to be alone.
Watch out for the next episode.
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by omonifamily(f): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
kudos
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thanks
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by bossy512(f): 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thanks for d update
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by adontcare(f): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmm. Well, I hope dis aunty Tolu is not looking for a guy to marry her as she is just doling out cash any how. Nice work
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Episode 5
Johnson sitting on the hospital corridor thinking.

Hmmm! Tofunmi Peters,my everyday crush, gosh! How can she see me like this? oh God I feel like dying,(crying) but I should be grateful to God for using her for my mother.
Tofunmi,I remember the day her friend Debbie asked me to help her write a test,she couldn't make it to school,I was so glad,I felt like an hero,I will do anything for her,I felt bad when she came to give me money,how on earth can she do that? Am I a beggar?for the fact that I collect money from others doesn't mean I will also collect from her, maybe she did not know how much she means to me,I would have asked her out but for where,I no gather courage,I'm far lower than her, she is from a wealthy family,I am from a poor background,my mother did not have much to give,I survived on the money I realized from my friends by helping them with their assignments,test and sometimes exams,I used to write projects too,I must survive now.
After graduation I started looking for job,I was hoping to get a job and go look for her,may be I will still meet her single,only for things to turn out the other way round.
I heard Temi calling my name,I shouted Temi Temi what is it? Running towards him,is mummy okay? I asked.
Mummy is fine,I have been looking for you since, kike is back,I'm very hungry let's go and eat, Temi said.
Oh my gosh u scared me,I exclaimed,he smiled and said mummy is fine,she has even eaten the beans kike brought for her, I shouted, really? Thank u Jesus, lord I thank you,Tofunmi God bless you,
We ate our food,stayed with them for a while and went home to sleep,leaving kike with mummy,I couldn't sleep that night thinking about my life but I'm happy that my mother is getting better.

Episode 6

Tofunmi rolling on the bed at night,thinking about Johnson.

Hmmm,
Life, Life is so unpredictable, Jay, Johnson Adebayo,the Efiko of our class,the only man I have always loved and admire,how did he end up like this? How come? He was so brilliant back then in school,I fell in love with him the day he saved the class from one of the toughest lecturers,Dr Agbede.
This man was so tough that we all prayed we don't fall into his trap,we all come early to his lecture and behave well just to avoid his drama,to get an 'A' in his course you must be an angel,only few people had distinction,we used to praise God for an 'E' or 'D', let my people go,you see people hugging themselves for getting 'E' ,it was as difficult as that.
So this particular day,Dr Agbede asked the class a question,no one could answer this question correctly,we all knew what will happen next,he was going to ask us to tear a sheet of paper and answer the question,of course that would serve as our CA,we started grumbling,person no go fit get E for this one ooooo,one of the boys said,then Jay walked in,he was late for the lecture,how dare you walked into my class this late? Doctor Agbede asked him,we would have all laughed but no one could laugh we knew we are in trouble already,Jay told him he was just coming from the school clinic for treatment,I have been sick for days sir,here is the note from Doctor Coker,
Dr Agbede collected the note,read and asked him to sit down,thank you sir,jay said.
So since none of you can answer my question,I think you all know what to do?
Jay whisper into his friend's ears,Ayo what question did he ask? Ayo answered him,the duties of an administrative officer,he raised his hand up,Dr Agbede asked if he wanted to try,he said yes, Dr Agbede told him to go ahead, Jay said,An administrative officer is the wizard behind the company curtain,the one who keeps the office running efficiently, He/she must have good communication skill,this is very crucial for a successful administrative,He/she must know how to use the microsoft office package very well,He/she must be an industry insider,knowing the three 'Ts' of the company,Terminology,Trends and Technology,he explained the three (Ts)
Dr Agbede was the first to clap for him,since that day I can't stop thinking about him,I know he has a bright future,he also helped me write a test one day when I couldn't make it to school,he refused to collect money from me for a reason best known to him,he used to collect money from everyone before he can help them but my case is different,I wanted him then but he never came to me,I felt so bad when I saw what he wrote about me in our year book,'the girl I would have loved to date Tofunmi Peters' .
I looked everywhere for him,I tried the number I saw in our year book severally it was always not available,I searched for him on Facebook,all to no avail,then I gave up on him.
Jay is not only brilliant,he is also cute and he has a promising future,how did he end up like this? May be this is spiritual,I must see to the root of the matter.

Watch out for Episode 7.
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
Divepen1:
You're welcome
Your comment has really helped me in the other books I'm writing.
Thanks.
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jane1234f:
Ayam here
THANKS FOR READING

1 Like

Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
bossy512 post=6p0137185:
Thanks for d update
Uw
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Nice update
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by mclawcoker(f): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
Tanx
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by marvin902(m): 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
following
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by afolabiwunmi: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
Please where are you, come and update
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by itsandi(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nice job! Please continue... Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: My Wife Must Die By Toyin Oginni by Dessydemmy: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
Whao!! nice work here. Please come and update o no try that read somewhere else please and please do mention dessydemmy in your update.

(1) (Reply)

"I Use To Smoke Hard Cigarette" Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photos / The Village,nairaland / What/which phrase,quote,saying,sentence....strikes you?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.