Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% (6689 Views)

How To Use MTN Mpulse 1.2GB For N150 To Power All Apps / Accugas Increases Gas Supply To 391MW FIPL Power Plants / Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by osahonmk(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2017
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, on Tuesday said it had increased daily average natural gas supply to gas power plants by 123 per cent.

Ndu Ughamadu, NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the corporation said this in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.

He said the increase accrued to 730 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscf/d) in June 2017 as against 327mmscf/d in the corresponding period in 2016.

Quoting June 2017 Monthly Financial and Operations Report released on Tuesday, Mr. Ughamadu said gas supply to power plants increased slightly by 0.13 per cent from 729mmscf/d in May 2017 to 730mmscf/d in June 2017.

The report indicated that nationwide petroleum products supply continued to record remarkable stability.

This the report said followed the performance of Nigeria’s three refineries which produced between five and six million litres of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), also known as petrol, per day in June.

“The refineries also produced between five and six million litres of Automotive Gas Oil (AGO), also known as diesel, per day in the period under review.

“The corporation has maintained seamless nationwide supply and distribution of petroleum products which guarantee stable products and queue-free filling stations across the nation,” Mr. Ughamadu quoted the report.

He said the performance of the Port Harcourt Refinery continued to improve with a boost to the midstream value chain as it inched toward sustained commercial operations.

It would be recalled that the pump price of diesel crashed by 42 per cent nationwide, following interventions by the corporation in May.

On pipeline vandalism, Mr. Ughamadu said that the corporation recorded about 86 cases of pipeline breaks across the country in the period under review.

He said of the 86 cases, 77 were due to pipeline vandalism, representing almost 40 per cent increase relative to cases recorded in the previous month (May 2017).

He also said while the Port Harcourt-Aba line recorded the highest pipeline breaches of 55 points (66 per cent), there was also an unusual upsurge in the activities of vandals along Kaduna-Zaria.

The line, he said, witnessed 13 vandalised points during the period.

“There was also a slight decrease in national gas production, compared to previous month which stood at 227.15BCF or an average of 7,571.50 mmscfd, the report said.

“This was despite sustaining the success recorded by its enhanced crude oil evacuation and oil lifting in June, 2017 following re-opening of Forcados Oil Terminal (FOT) on March 31.”

Mr. Ughamadu called on Nigerians to continue to support NNPC in the area of security with a view to ensuring zero vandalism of the nation’s oil and gas infrastructure.

http://www.energywatchng.com/nnpc-increases-gas-supply-power-plants-123/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Histrings08(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2017
Isoiit
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by King4Roller: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2017
It hasnt transmitted to light.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by obailala(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2017
Hopefully this would solve the perennial "gas constraint" excuse used by power stations. Umfortunately, it doesnt seem like any effect has been felt yet in terms of power supply...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by dreamworld: 9:14am On Aug 30, 2017
grin
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Zizicardo(f): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2017
Amen
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Teewhy2: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2017
How many percentage increase/decrease was recorded in July and probably this month of August. from what we always hear we can move from that increase to about 35-45% decrease taking one step front two step back.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by matthyking(m): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2017
power supply is better in my area sha weldone

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by stefanweeks: 9:17am On Aug 30, 2017
strong

1 Like

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Samabu07(m): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2017
Nigerians demand better power plans.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by marvin902(m): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2017
i must admit power supply is getting better now undecided undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Celino(f): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2017
Front page
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by idris4r83(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
All these good news may not crash electricity tarrifs as the discos are seriously milking us dry. Fg really needs to do something.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Dollabiz: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
Good
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by mhuyee(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2017
coolour able minister of power comes to mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Dalek(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2017
since last week light just steady, here for ikorodu fridge dn block even peeps in ogijo(ogun state) enjoying light. we never on generator for nyt for the past 2 weeks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by HolySteph(f): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2017
Dalek:
since last week light just steady, here for ikorodu fridge dn block even peeps in ogijo(ogun state) enjoying light. we never on generator for nyt for the past 2 weeks.
Let's not hail them much before they change am for us again.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Dalek(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2017
HolySteph:

Let's not hail them much before they change am for us again.

maybe make we hail them, so their head to swell grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by dustydee: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2017
idris4r83:
All these good news may not crash electricity tarrifs as the discos are seriously milking us dry. Fg really needs to do something.
Tarrifs are already too low and do not reflect market realities. Add to that electricity theft which has to be paid for by other users.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by obiageIi(f): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2017
How about fixing problem of discos refusing power from gencos
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by transient123(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2017
Waiting for merchants of "our oyel" to start bombing these facilities for sabotage again.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by RevT1: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2017
This doesn't make any sense to me because I still don't have light in my house
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by peacebirdone: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2017
People not doing their jobs should be news.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by gabe: 10:17am On Aug 30, 2017
The only reason we have poor power is pipeline vandalism by 'patriotic' militants.. GEJ built many gas power plants with up to 5000MW optimal output. Problem was the transmission lines could only take 3,000mw+. Fashola improved output to 6000mw+ and improved transmission to 5,000mw+. The only problem is gas to power the plants as some useless people keep blowing up the gas lines.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by EzekielAdetoyi(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2017
this is bullshit cus in my area its still 500/kg
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Segadem(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2017
obailala:
Hopefully this would solve the perennial "gas constraint" excuse used by power stations. Umfortunately, it doesnt seem like any effect has been felt yet in terms of power supply...
light no dhey as I dhey type now
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Juciano1(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2017
Is that why we don't have electricity? #thisisnothatespeech
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Juciano1(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2017
gabe:
The only reason we have poor power is pipeline vandalism by 'patriotic' militants.. GEJ built many gas power plants with up to 5000MW optimal output. Problem was the transmission lines could only take 3,000mw+. Fashola improved output to 6000mw+ and improved transmission to 5,000mw+. The only problem is gas to power the plants as some useless people keep blowing up the gas lines.
Which kind story be dis
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Juciano1(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2017
EzekielAdetoyi:
Broz, no be cooking gas o!

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by COMPAQ(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2017
idris4r83:

We Nigerians are always looking for crash in everything! Crash in phone tariffs, crash in electricity prices, crash is price of cars, crash in dollar rate. And for what? Only to consume. You better put on your thinking cap to find out what you can Produce! My dad told me when i was young not to pray for prices of stuff to come down cos they never will, but rather to pray to be able to continue to afford it. Meaning my income will have to rise to meet it. $1 in 1980 America will buy much more than one dollar today, so it's not only in Nigeria prices go up. Do you look at the cost of production at all before expecting priced to come down? So everyone should make losses because of you abi.
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by Dalek(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2017
EzekielAdetoyi:
guy no be cooking gas them dey talk, besides na 290/kg for my side
Re: NNPC Increases Gas Supply To Power Plants By 123% by obailala(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Segadem:
light no dhey as I dhey type now
Lol.. as usual.. it will be well in the fullness of time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mentorship Training: 12 Months Strategy To Making $1000 Monthly / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online / Dangote Cement Invests $3bn On Plants, Grinding Terminals Across Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.