Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,425 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) (2548 Views)

How To Pass Neco 2022/23 Easily -no Expo / How Do I Remember Things I've Read Before Exams? / ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by gentlegenius(m): 7:25am On Aug 30, 2017
Our brains has the natural ability to store things but sometimes, Trying to remember those things we need to recall became very difficult. But here are 7 tips that can help us remember things easily:

1. Try Visualizing Things...
Converting words to pictures is one of the best ways to improve recall. This is because we naturally remember the things we’ve seen (that is, visual cues), better than we remember words. Also, the more senses you involve in trying to learn or remember something, the more likely you are to recall it. When you try to visualize something you want to remember, you increase your chance of remembering that thing. So the next time you’re traveling and want to remember important documents, you can try to commit your task to memory by visualizing the documents – maybe a stack of papers and with a passport on top – in the cupboard you keep them, and try to make the picture as vivid as possible. Do this as many times as you can throughout the day and see the results for yourself. The same also applies to students when reading or preparing for tests or exams. They should simply associate what they are trying to remember with a vivid enough picture, and it can help them remember even the most difficult things.

2. Use Mnemonic Devices...
This is a popular technique to remember things used mainly by students when studying for tests or exams. Mnemonic devices are very good for remembering things in a particular order. It’s also great for remembering mathematical order of operations.

3. Associate What You Are Trying To Learn With What You Already Know...
The more mental connections you are able to make with what you are trying to remember, the easier it will be for you to remember it successfully. This is especially helpful when you trying to remember names and dates. When you go out, especially when traveling or going for events, you are very likely to meet new people and it is typically perceived as rude or careless if you hardly remember the names of those you meet. To help with this, when someone tells you their name, you should immediately try to associate it with something or someone you know. This will help you remember it better. Same thing applies with dates.

4. Write Out the Things You Want To Remember...
This is also a popular trick to remember things. Writing out the things you want to recall can really help to improve your recall because you will be forcing yourself to remember things actively, rather than passively. You will thus pay more attention to them as you write them down again and again, and as you do this, you are, in effect, actually teaching yourself what you want to remember; and as you know teaching yourself something is the best way to remember it. This trick can also help you discover the things that have made it to your long term memory, and those that haven't, so you don't waste time reinforcing the ones that have.

5. Leave Reminders Everywhere...
Leave reminders on your mobile phone, calendar, bathroom mirror, dressing table etc., and you can also ask friends and family to remind you of important things you need to remember. However, it is important to choose friends or family members that are good at remembering things.

6. Get Adequate Sleep...
A lot of people don’t know that getting proper sleep actually helps people remember things. Oblivious of the fact that sleep resets and refresh our memory, most students always read through out the night when they have exams the following day.
If you’re sleep deprived, it will be harder for you to remember things because sleep is necessary to consolidate a memory (that is, make a memory stick) so that it can be recalled later in the future.

7. Avoid sexual activities...
Anytime you are reading for an important exams or have important things you want to remember, stay away from sex at least for that moment. People hardly know that the same part of the brain that is responsible for reading and remembering is also responsible for sexual activities. This means that engaging in sexual activities can hinder your brain's ability to remember things easily.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by eezeribe(m): 7:29am On Aug 30, 2017
That number 7 doesn't hold true for everybody... Some people can enter exam Hall and score 100% even after having sex the previous night or even on the exam morning...

lalasticlala,Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by Radiohead6(f): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2017
Sharon stone has massive sex parties and yet is the female celebrity with the highest IQ
,Researchers, Scientists hardly get night sleep but still make break throughs ,well still everybody is not the same ,God loves some and Hates the rest.
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by gentlegenius(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2017
eezeribe:
That number 7 doesn't hold true for everybody... Some people can enter exam Hall and score 100% even after having sex the previous night or even on the exam morning...

lalasticlala,Mynd44
Of course you can still score 100% in your exams after having sex. You can even pass an exams you didn't prepare for. But it all depends on the kind of questions you are facing. For those who are good at calculations, even if they are having sex in the exams hall, they'll still pass a calculation course.
Now this is my point: when the questions demands that you remember almost everything you read, you'll find yourself struggling to recall some things. You might manage to remember it all, but it will take you a lot of time stressing your brain if you were involved in sexual activities. If you are still a student, then you can try this on yourself (don't say I didn't warn you about the dangers of pre marital sex).
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by gentlegenius(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2017
Radiohead6:
Sharon stone has massive sex parties and yet is the female celebrity with the highest IQ
,Researchers, Scientists hardly get night sleep but still make break throughs ,well still everybody is not the same ,God loves some and Hates the rest.
Don't you think you are making a blasphemy by saying that God hates some people?
Anyway, do you know that even the most intelligent and smart people in the world doesn't use up to 20% of their brain capacity? Do you also know that even those with the best IQ in the world still struggle to remember things at times?
I'm not disputing your facts but they are not in context with my points.
When I was in school, sometimes, I read all through the night, without sleeping at all, only to go to exams hall in the morning and find myself struggling to remember the things I read.
I have also seen brilliant students who started performing poorly in Academics the moment they start mingling and sleeping with girls. Though, they still read before going for exams, but they find it difficult to recall what they read.

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by Radiohead6(f): 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
gentlegenius:

Don't you think you are making a blasphemy by saying that God hates some people?
Anyway, do you know that even the most intelligent and smart people in the world doesn't use up to 20% of their brain capacity? Do you also know that even those with the best IQ in the world still struggle to remember things at times?
I'm not disputing your facts but they are not in context with my points.
When I was in school, sometimes, I read all through the night, without sleeping at all, only to go to exams hall in the morning and find myself struggling to remember the things I read.
I have also seen brilliant students who started performing poorly in Academics the moment they start mingling and sleeping with girls. Though, they still read before going for exams, but they find it difficult to recall what they read.
As I said ,peolpd are diffrenf , or and saying God does not llike everybody , have you heard the statement 'Eassu (father of edomites) but Jacob I love
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by muller101(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Op Solomon married 700 wives and had 300 concubines. Meaning he had sex almost daily. And he was also the wisest king. So ur number 7 point has been declared invalid.

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by THUNDAR(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
That number 7 funny, when you de Try to read and you remember, How you de render Amaka in different position, you go begin blame your village people

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by gentlegenius(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
Radiohead6:
As I said ,peolpd are diffrenf , or and saying God does not llike everybody , have you heard the statement 'Eassu (father of edomites) but Jacob I love
Well... Since you've dragged this issue to the Bible, I will like to follow you there.
God loves everyone but there are those he called according to his purpose. Those are the ones he foreknow and predestined their ways (Rom. 8:29).
Jacob was one of such people so God loved him and predestined his ways according to his purpose. That doesn't mean God hates Esau.
In this world, God might lift some people far higher than you just to accomplish a certain purpose, but that doesn't mean God hates you. Pls don't get it twisted.
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by gentlegenius(m): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
THUNDAR:
That number 7 funny, when you de Try to read and you remember, How you de render Amaka in different position, you go begin blame your village people
Hahaha... No. 7 isn't funny. It's your comment that is funny.
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by DanielGb(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
I dey try avoid #7. That thing go make concentration hard. You will want to read small paragraph and then you will instantly remember the banging style you did with Nneka.
Exam time na 100% no sex for me. I don't even try smell romance.

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by gentlegenius(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
muller101:
Op Solomon married 700 wives and had 300 concubines. Meaning he had sex almost daily. And he was also the wisest king. So ur number 7 point has been declared invalid.
You completely misunderstood this post.
Remembering things easily has little or nothing to do with wisdom. BTW, do you think that Solomon never forget things just because he was wise? From my thread above, Abstaining from sex is not the only way to remember things easily. If Solomon always remember things easily, it could be that through his wisdom, he was able to discover the other tips for remembering things easily and exploit them to his advantage. After all, it's possible for you to engage in sexual activities and still remember things easily if you can make good use of the other six tips.
But here, just because people are so guilty of the No. 7, they comment only on it as if they didn't notice the other 6 tips.
But whether you agree or not, that No. 7 is a valid point... Do your own research if you like.
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by quinnboy: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
muller101:
my final year in the university, my babe house dey closer to campus so during exams I pass night there...lol I no fail oh. In fact brain dey sharp pass that time.
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by Oshoayodeji: 1:19am On Aug 31, 2017
*80% OF ORIGINAL POST UTME QUESTIONS ARE REPEATED*

*ORIGINAL POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS FOR ALL YOUR UNIVERSITY, POLYTECHNIC AND TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IS AVAILABLE*

*GET YOUR POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS NOW*
*WHATSAPP 08143386119* OR *CALL 09020841721*

*PLEASE REBROADCAST*
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by Radiohead6(f): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2017
gentlegenius:

Well... Since you've dragged this issue to the Bible, I will like to follow you there.
God loves everyone but there are those he called according to his purpose. Those are the ones he foreknow and predestined their ways (Rom. 8:29).
Jacob was one of such people so God loved him and predestined his ways according to his purpose. That doesn't mean God hates Esau.
In this world, God might lift some people far higher than you just to accomplish a certain purpose, but that doesn't mean God hates you. Pls don't get it twisted.
okay thanks (smirks)
Re: 7 Tips To Remember Things Easily (no. 7 Will Shock You) by Radiohead6(f): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2017
gentlegenius:

FU

(1) (Reply)

OYO Born JAMB Candidate Scores Highest With 349 / If You Can't Solve This As A Math Teacher, Hope You Wil Learn A Lesson(mr Shape) / Free Udemy Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.