Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice (10445 Views)

Resident Doctors Issue 14-day Ultimatum To Enugu Govt To Employ More Doctors / Court Restrains Resident Doctors In ESUT Teaching Hospital From Strike / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by emma321(m): 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
The National Association of Resident Doctors (NARDs), has issued a nationwide strike notice effective Sept. 4.

Dr Olusegun Olaopa, the President of NARDs, University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, announced this on Wednesday in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ibadan.

Olaopa said that the resident doctors would commence an indefinite industrial action on Monday to press home their demands.

According to him, the action is sequel to a statement signed by Drs John Onyebueze and Aneke Emmanuel, National President and Secretary of NARDs, respectively.

The statement said that it was resolved at the NEC meeting of NARDs held in Abuja on Aug. 26 to embark on the strike.

“Neither the federal nor state governments has shown commitment to the resolution of issues at stake nor honoured previous agreements.

“Consequent upon this, the association resolved to proceed on a total indefinite industrial action from Monday, September 4, 2017, until all these issues are permanently resolved.

“Nationwide pre-strike protests against this injustice are to hold in all our branches and states of the federation on Aug. 30, 2017.

“All heads of tertiary health institutions who have received funding for payments to our members should be directed to pay same immediately,” it said.

NAN reports that the members of NARDs are demanding for the resolution of persistent shortfalls and unpaid arrears of salaries earned in both federal and state tertiary health institutions.

Other issues are the enrollment of resident doctors into the Integrated Personnel Payroll Information System (IPPIS) since 2003, and non-implementation of adjusted House Officers’ Entry grade level equivalent since 2014.

The resident doctors are also asking for the resolution of issues around their stagnation of promotion and non-promotion of members who have met requisite criteria despite all collective bargaining agreements and circulars.

NAN recalls that resident doctors in UCH had on Jan. 6, embarked on a one-day protest rally over non-payment of their November and December 2016 salaries. (NAN)

More: http://anstalk.com/resident-doctors-issues-strike-notice/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by eezeribe(m): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
See as them be like final year students...
lalasticlala,Mynd44.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by sinkhole: 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Strike again? Haba Buhari, why?

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
After ASUU and then Doctors. It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by candidbabe(f): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nothing is working in this administration.
I am beginning to think buhari is cursed.

13 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Dutchey(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
na wa o, shaki hun shey bi ora..
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by SenorFax(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
Wetin we no see for this life, they are tired of saving life or what??
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by shurley22(f): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
The whole country should just go on strike, so we'd know nothing and no one is working

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
grin After them make another sector strike too

3 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Integrityfarms(m): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Since pmb only believes in London Doctors, no doubt he gives no hoot if these ones go on strike.

12 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hmm... This is getting serious shocked

Which way Nigeria?
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Naijacost22: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
LOL. But they said Buhari would revolutionize the country and things will start working. We be serious MUMU for Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Doctorphil: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Haha na WA o
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by birdsview(m): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nobody likes my post..nobody comments .what the hell have I done to nairaland folks angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by kafiz1(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
grin nigeria jaga jagaa

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
So what you mean to say na is that the lady in front na doctor too Abi auxiliary nurse undecided

If them like make dem strike in as much as my chinedu the chemis boi no strike too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
birdsview:
Nobody likes my post..nobody comments .what the hell have I done to nairaland folks angry

Eh ya....take heart cry

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by fratermathy(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
Country in shambles! Everyone is going on strike. It is well.

PMB I have a piece of advice for you: IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THINGS RIGHT IN NIGERIA, PLEASE RESIGN!

7 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by kafiz1(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
birdsview:

pay yhur tithe,mean while if its nt liked or shared,it means yhur comments re trash n incompetent
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by birdsview(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

Eh ya....take heart cry
it's very disheartening
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
I de watch Una! I nor wan hear say NUPENG follow reason strike ooo
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by birdsview(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
kafiz1:

pay yhur tithe,mean while if its nt liked or shared,it means your comments re trash n incompetent
your sacarsm and sense of humor are well appreciated... and yes...you just commented mahnnnn..

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by fratermathy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Naijacost22:
LOL. But they said Buhari would revolutionize the country and things will start working. We be serious MUMU for Nigeria

No one would have known things would turn out this way. PMB himself is good hearted but not effective enough. The Nigeria we all envision needs an effective leader.

GEJ was no better so the last election was a choice between the devil and deep blue sea. PMB capitalised on GEJ's cluelessness to ride to power and now he's not only clueless but also sick, ineffective, and insensitive.

God help us all.

11 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by HonAdefe(m): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Another strike
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
birdsview:
it's very disheartening

I understand your pain..but then have you tried commenting not to sooth your reading alone?

This is Nairaland where you find the good the bad and the ugly so try make your comment fit into those 3 categories of people, am so sure with that you would have as many likes and mentions you desire

NB- Not all hate comment you respond to...we might all be anonymous but maturity differenciates us.

In that case let me be your first like and mention wink

2 Likes

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by sainty2k3(m): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
Space booked, though I have nothing to say for now. smiley
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
birdsview:

I just did

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
Damnable Zoological republic, Zoogeria.
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by omogin(f): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2017
Buhari found himself incompetent ministers so they all could be at the same level of reasoning with him, and not ask him too many questions
Re: Resident Doctors Issues Strike Notice by kafiz1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
birdsview:
your sacarsm and sense of humor are well appreciated... and yes...you just commented mahnnnn..
y nt say tank u fr informin yhur belated brainz sme sense of belongings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For February 10 2021 In Nigeria / I Need A Cardiologist Or A Private Laboratory. / Man With Biggest Testicle Graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.