Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears (2623 Views)

Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / The Car Fayose Drove To Inspect State Project Today In Ekiti (Photos) / Mrs Osinbajo Drove Hubby To Polling Unit - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by forpeace: 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2010
A friend of mine,Osas in Ibadan was snatched by the cold hands of death this morning, Death as a result of natural causes is bad enough but it becomes more sad when the cause of death can be traced to avoidable causes.
He was actually filling his genset with fuel, using his cell phone that is equipped with a torchlight.Unfortunately,a call came in at this particular point in time and this must have ignited the petrol.
I was really scared when i heard this pathetic story because of how often we all must have done similar thing in the past.
Moreover,i've found out that most people also engage in this 'unsafe practice' that was why I decided to send this to all the contact numbers on my phone.If the FG and PDP had given him electricity osas would be nowhere near his gen and would still be alive now merrying and berrying with us.The PDP have sent a lot of pple to an early grave.RIP osas.

Which way Nigeria. . .
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by agabaI23(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2010
E yaa
Too bad! Pele oo!
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2010
e go better.

i hear there will be 24hr electricity by the year 2060

make una take heart
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by edoyad(m): 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2010
You mean my nokia is not safe near a tiger ? shocked . WTF ! !
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by calyx: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2010
Very touchy
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by hatch: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
My condolences go to you and your friends family. cry
[s]I thought that it was Fashola that was to be blamed for it only to see that the blame indeed goes to FG and PDP[/s]. lipsrsealed
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by agabaI23(m): 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
edoyad:

You mean my nokia is not safe near a tiger ? shocked . WTF ! !

A friend just reported the story. It is still possible the guy did not turn off the gen before toping up fuel and possibly some fuel splashed on the exhaust or whatever and then there was fire or may be explosion.

Probably not the nokia problem.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by ochukoccna: 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
agabaI23:

A friend just reported the story. It is still possible the guy did not turn off the gen before toping up fuel and possibly some fuel splashed on the exhaust or whatever and then there was fire or may be explosion.
@ poster, condolences to your friend. Yet live goes on.

@ agabaI23, thanks for your info. Think it's high time I stopped my dangerous habit of refueling with the gen still on, recalling 1 is warned against it in the manuals.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by Sakeenath: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2010
God save us. Everybody does this.sory abt d loss.hope people ld learn from this
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by blacksta(m): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2010
Sorry about your loss

I once worked in a refinery and was warned never to bring a mobile phone to site because it could act as a trigger for highly inflammable devices
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by safeact(m): 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2010
Ewe
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
forpeace:

A friend of mine,Osas in Ibadan was snatched by the cold hands of death this morning, Death as a result of natural causes is bad enough but it becomes more sad when the cause of death can be traced to avoidable causes.
He was actually filling his genset with fuel, using his cell phone that is equipped with a torchlight.Unfortunately,a call came in at this particular point in time and this must have ignited the petrol.
I was really scared when i heard this pathetic story because of how often we all must have done similar thing in the past.
Moreover,i've found out that most people also engage in this 'unsafe practice' that was why I decided to send this to all the contact numbers on my phone.If the FG and PDP had given him electricity osas would be nowhere near his gen and would still be alive now merrying and berrying with us.The PDP have sent a lot of pple to an early grave.RIP osas.

Which way Nigeria. . .
sad shocked
I also do this very well o. Off to go and text my people to avoid this common thing.
Meanwhile, @poster, sorry o.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by citizenY(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2010
Hisssssssssssssssssssssssss.
This kain country cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by Boboribo: 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
@ poster - Sorry
Your loss is now my gain. I do it ALL THE TIME. I will stop it henceforth. I urge all who indulge in the practice to stop it forthwith.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by onyengbu1(m): 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
agabaI23:

It is probably the phone. It has been proved that the radiation that takes place when a call is coming into a phone is capable of lighting a highly inflamable liquid like gasoline.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by agabaI23(m): 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2010
onye_ngbu:

It is probably the phone. It has been proved that the radiation that takes place when a call is coming into a phone is capable of lighting a highly inflamable liquid like gasoline.
I was careful not to be conclusive because I knew the mobile phone is capable of a lot of things though I was not aware of this.
Yea I have just learnt that here. blacksta mentioned it earlier.
Thanks anyway!
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by invisible2(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have never put on my gen in the past 2 years, too much risk, fire, smoke poisoning, economic waste, abi our grandfathers died in their time when there was no light? When they take light, I find something to keep me busy or if at night, I sleep.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by agabaI23(m): 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2010
invisible!:

I have never put on my gen in the past 2 years, too much risk, fire, smoke poisoning, economic waste, abi our grandfathers died in their time when there was no light? When they take light, I find something to keep me busy or if at night, I sleep.

grin grin

Bro how market (NSE).
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2010
Yeah, the people's right is 24 hours Electricity and all that.
However, there are some things that has been tested and true, like being on cell phone by the gas station, dont know about Nigerian's gas station oh, but most in the western world have a warning sign by the dispensers  . . . . . This means even while not at gas station, while in touch with gas, stay away from Phone.
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by honeric01(m): 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
gosh, what a sad end, may his soul rest in peace. from one henceforth, no more fueling of my gen when it's on.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by nex(m): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2010
@ Original Poster

I'm really touched by your story and I'm sorry for your loss because I'm a part of the government, just as I believe every other Nigerian is, and also I'm a member of the PDP and you have made up your mind that the party is responsible for giving your friend GSM or gen which killed him or something like that.

Anyway, that aside, it is important that you learn to give relevant topics to your posts so that people have a clue what they're going to read up. I just got this on BB is not a definitive subject. I only came here to tell you that before I read about your friend.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by OneNaija(m): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
Why some peopels come here to find comment, Mr Peace whatever you call yourself if you dont have source to your story then never bother to post here and very soon I will be mod.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by lyfe(m): 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
MrPrsdent:

e go better.

i hear there will be 24hr electricity by the year 2060

make una take heart

You just broke my heart, I think the 2060 thing is viable with the pace we are going.
I'm highly disappointed in this nation.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by segzeybaba(m): 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
Lol

LWKMD

Vry funny and pathetic story, the phone must b 'Made in China'
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by otawa: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2010
Sad but this will continue to be reality of LIFE in Nigeria!

Electricity will NEVER be constant in Nigeria for the foreseeable future.

Nigeria had the opportunity but Mr Obasanjo spent $16, 000, 0000, 000. 00 to give us darkness.

Same Mr Obasanjo still walks around as a free man.

How do you expect any new government official to LEARN you dont f**k with lives of Nigerian?
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by nex(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2010
Actually though, every regular GSM phone is capable of causing an explosion because in some areas, GSM network is supported by microwave. I don't think I need to tell you that microwave can cook food, so imagine what microwave can do to fuel.

So it's not a matter of China phone because most phones, no matter the origin of the brand, are made in China these days.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by nex(m): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Otawa

when did President Obasanjo spend $60 billion to give you blackouts?
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by ow11(m): 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2010
forpeace:

Which way Nigeria. . .

That CANNOT be the reason why there was an explosion. This urban myth has been busted on Mythbusters a few years ago. A quick google search should debunk this claim. The generator was probably running while the refill was taking place or some other very good reason other than a mobile phone ringing.

All the same my condolences for your loss.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by otawa: 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2010
did you see $60 or $16 billion above.

Do you know that money alone will turn NIGERIA around, not just electricity?

Do you KNOW that the WEST were so happy to collect $12billion cash and forgo the remaining debt we own them?

That shows you what an ENORMOUS amount of money $16billion is.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by tayoast(m): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2010
sorryyy, change is around d corner
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by sojjy: 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
That is a pathetic story.May almighty God gives d family d fortitude 2 bear the loss.Where is d 6000mega watt of dis administration?Why are we suffering in d midst of plenty? Where are d weathly men of this nation?Beware of revolt,anything can happen.
Re: Just Got This On Bb: Almost Drove Me To Tears by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
blame phcn,fg and pdp for your loss!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lam Sold Oyo State Acn Ticket For 1 Billion Naira: P.a. Confirms The Paymen / A People Without Shame By Prince Emeka Obasi / What Do You Know about Mr Presidents Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.