Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World (53403 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
Despite claiming the title of the richest man in the world, Zara's founder, Amancio Ortega, is a man of mystery.

On Wednesday, Ortega beat out Bill Gates to become the richest person on Earth, Forbes reported. Ortega currently has a $200 million edge over Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, due in part to a particularly good week for the stock of Inditex, Zara's parent company.

According to Forbes, Ortega has crowded the world's richest person three other times — but has always surrendered the No. 1 position within a day.

Despite Ortega's enormous net worth, many people have never heard of him. He is an incredibly private man, is rarely seen in public, and has given just a handful of interviews throughout his incredibly successful career.

That career began when Ortega founded fast-fashion giant Zara with his then-wife Rosalia in 1975. Today, his retail company Inditex SA — which owns Zara, Massimo Dutti, and Pull&Bear — has 7,385 outposts around the world.

Source: Business insider
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/who-is-fashions-richest-man-zara-founder-amancio-ortegas-2017-7

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by youngreva(m): 12:26am On Aug 31, 2017
bill gate will not like this...lesson learnt no matter the position you find yourself if you think you have arrived and rest know that somebody is not resting and will surely overtake you,never give up.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by ijobaooorun(m): 12:28am On Aug 31, 2017
Vanity upon vanity grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Benjom(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2017
Bill Gates will soon overtake him again. He's been destined to die as the richest man in his life time. cool

157 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Mologi(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2017
There is God ooo
All this money you people are sharing...

Ortega my in law...

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by chinonsoc14(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2017
money answereth all physical calls

5 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by paiz: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
The world richest man of a thing is PDP and APC. Ortega is just for the moment while Bill Gate is always on Top.
Thats how PDP will overtake APC come 2019

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Amberon11: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
The funny thing is their kids don't go around shouting OBO and calling people broke.

189 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by refreshrate: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
I won't lie sha Zara has amazing products...love my patent leather shoes made by them.

Maybe I should wear them for sallah tomorrow sef to show support

#pepperdemgang

The one bill gates do sef is enough like kilode gan?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Mihzsky(f): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
Will be richer than him someday

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
He should just come and buy nigeria and change the name to Zara

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by holatin(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
I need information about how many daughter he has.

that is more important to me than anything at the moment.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by strawb(f): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
Thats what i like. A silent billionaire

11 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by gurunlocker: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
Sure he will be back to his normal position between today and tomorrow....
Wetin concern me, make God make me a billionaire in dollars also...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Fiscabally(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
Benjom:
Bill Gates will soon overtake him again. He's been destined to die as the richest man in his life time. cool
lol

1 Like

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by vanhayor(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
youngreva:
bill gate will not like this...lesson learnt no matter the position you find yourself if you think you have arrived and rest know that somebody is not resting and will surely overtake you,never give up.
Cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nigerians Sha..

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Saheed9: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2017
co found
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
MeHnnn
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by chinonsoc14(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
ijobaooorun:
Vanity upon vanity grin
which one be vanity.abeg godly wealth on earth are gain

8 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by olaolulazio(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
I'm gonna join d pple joining that spot soon.
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by rottenPussy: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
Deizani used to b richer than this Dude until EFCC came to frustrate her undecided

Anyways, Obj and Babangida are richer undecided

8 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by vanhayor(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
ijobaooorun:
Vanity upon vanity grin
don't talk like a poor man

34 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Crystalline(f): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
Congrats to him
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
Yes ...MY DaD
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by holatin(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
wao a private billionaire and one thousandnaire for my street dey make noise pass chinko phone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by mysticjack95(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
i give him 2 days tops..... Bill Gates go soon top am
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by msadamidris: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2017
wow
Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Stevengerd(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2017
ijobaooorun:
Vanity upon vanity grin
Die poor den!

14 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by pentax(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2017
Is it not Bill Gates again? Bill will still overtake him, na smalls

2 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by patola080(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2017
youngreva:
Cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
do u know how many countries bill gate is sending help too or mother less babies too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World by Amberon11: 9:38am On Aug 31, 2017
You think Bill gates is worried about frivolties like that? Bill gates has given more in charities than any other and if not for that, no one would have been a match.
youngreva:
bill gate will not like this ...lesson learnt no matter the position you find yourself if you think you have arrived and rest know that somebody is not resting and will surely overtake you,never give up.
Cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Dangote With Bottle Water That Got People Talking / 5 Amazing Ways To Make Money On The Internet For Free / The Moment Body Of Herbert Wigwe Arrives Isiokpo For Burial (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.