Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State (25118 Views)

The Sorry State Of Oyigbo Portharcourt/aba Expressway / Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2017
In a sane country, the city of oyigbo is supposed to be the finest and most decent environment one could leave in. In regards to the 80+ oil Wells in the locality, yet it has become a state of ridicule and abject suffering of the poor masses and middle class. Abandoned by the wike led administration and even the amaechi led administration. Was one time used as a dump site for all refuse collected in portharcourt by the amaechi led administration.
Even the operation zero potholes by this present regime is irrelevant to the people of oyigbo. The chairman of oyigbo resides in the city of portharcourt enjoying the fruits of his Labour to the detriment and agony of the mass who voted him...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by HungerBAD: 11:36am On Aug 31, 2017
I blame Wike.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 11:37am On Aug 31, 2017

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by modaink333: 11:40am On Aug 31, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by christejames(m): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2017
Our government keep raping us hard...

what will it take from them to make sure basic amenities are situated where the masses are?
They keep making shoddy and shabby projects for us which are not in line with the contemporary standard.

when election draws near now you will see them like cock beaten and drenched by a torrential rain begging for votes with their sugarcoated mouth.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by mesoprogress(m): 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
Their only crime in Rivers state is that they tend towards Igbos as against Ikwerre people

44 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by hardywaltz(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
WikeD u see ur lyf

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by jesse8048(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
It baffles me how there's no single good road in oyigbo yet you see oil wells scattered all over the place. You can't drive into or out of oyigbo without crying for your cars. This government promised to take care of this before election but nothing for about 2 years now. The mbano camp/old aba road started few weeks ago has been abandoned. Why.....

13 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
My observations

From the pictures, it is deductible to note, that there is nonexistence of drainage channels,

It could also be inferred that, there is a mindless indiscriminate encroachment of buildings on the drainages if if their existentiality is beyond skepticism,

Another dimension to this, could be that the drainages have been stuffed with debris, making it impassable for downpours.

If the government decides to take drastic measures, I hope the people will give give a formidable assistance and not pose any form of resistance.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
Punishment for claiming Igbo

3 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by richidinho(m): 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
HungerBAD:
I blame Wike.

I thought Amachi did very well as governor

23 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by sukkot: 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
pracot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by MKO4ever(m): 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
It has come to management's attention that some workers are dying while on duty and failing to fall over. This presents many difficulties, not least of which is being able to distinguish deceased workers from those in their habitual work attitude. For some time, management was able to determine that a worker had died by holding a paycheck in front of the employee, but it appears that workers' reflexive grasp for a paycheck survives post-mortem. If you die while on duty, please fall over so that Human Resources can accurately determine the amount of your final paycheck. Workers who die without falling over will not be paid for any time on the day they are found.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by osemoses1234(m): 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
I blame buhari I dey my house cum and beat me

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
governor Wike is an IPOB member so I don't expect any good tging

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
We need pictures on the state of Lagos too...

No difference between the images here and those of Lagos...

Useless governments embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Adminisher: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
jesse8048:
It baffles me how there's no single good road in oyigbo yet you see oil wells scattered all over the place. You can't drive into or out of oyigbo without crying for your cars. This government promised to take care of this before election but nothing for about 2 years now. The mbano camp/old aba road started few weeks ago has been abandoned. Why.....

Obigbo was an oil field turned into a community. The entire community is illegal. The governments of Anthony Ukpo, Ada George and those who came after them should have stamped down hard

5 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by raker300: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
Amechi ruled for 8 years and you want wike to fix every road in 2 years?

5 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by magoo10(m): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
Very bad despite how endowed rivers state is,why won't they have portable roads

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by triplec93(m): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
Obigbo is a neglected part of Rivers state by both past and present govt, this is so bad!

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by holluphemydavid(m): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
dey called a state Rivers State and people are complaining of flood grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by obailala(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
raker300:
Amechi ruled for 8 years and you want wike to fix every road in 2 years?
Same way some people troll about blaming APc/buhari for not fixing everything in Nigeria in 2 years of recession even though the people they supported spent 16 years.

On a serious note, if this road is investigated, I woyldnt be surprised that funds to fix it has been released several times in the past, but the cash ended up in someone's pocket.

13 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by triplec93(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Adminisher:

Obigbo was an oil field turned into a community. The entire community is illegal. The governments of Anthony Ukpo, Ada George and those who came after them should have stamped down hard
So the present inhabitants are less humans right, they don't pay taxes right! there is no legal place named obigbo as recognised by the state govt right! you reason poorly.

5 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
.the problem with the Niger delta has always been bad governance, nothing else...

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Phi001(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
and that idiat was making noise over the radio yesterday...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by fratermathy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
Amarabae see your village.

OP did you just say city of Oyigbo? Do you even know what a city is?

Oyigbo is a suburb of Port Harcourt, that's all. Without PH, Oyigbo is just a community.

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by aku626(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Oyigbo river you mean?
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by positivelord: 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
WIKE is entirely useless....I know what am saying cos I live here..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Pays VP-Elect, Osinbajo A Congratulatory Visit in Abuja (Photos) / Imo Deputy Governor Madumere Resumes Duty (pix...) / Zarah Buhari Revealed What Makes Her Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.