Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79260 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Tayotere(m): 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2007
There has been serious debate in some quarters on who's new album is better between 2face and Faze.

Using all parameters except the level of stardom already attained by 2face, most people think Faze's new album will enjoy more market share than his boyhood friends' album

"Independent" or "Grass 2 Grace"

kolomental from Faze is already being aired more than any song from 2face's "Grass 2 Grace", and entertainment analysts are saying maybe this is Faze's era.

Let us disect and analyz this topic:, is Faze really [i]better [/i]than 2face or is it just a change of tide undecided
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Badman888(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2007
They both nice. I would go with Independent to me its better than grass to grace. i think tuface didnt work too hard on his album he has the potential but probably expecting it to sell from past glory.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by beyunce(f): 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2007
At least i can say i love 4 songs of tuface album

but like only 2 songs from face album.
so will ave 2 go wit 2 face.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2007
I haven't really heard faze's album but I'm truly enjoying grass 2 grace so I think I have to go for tuface. Kolomental is not really a great song to me its just reggaeton beats over naija lyrics. The songs I really like so far are tattoo and kpo kpo dipo
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by diyobdw(f): 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2007
I have hard both A-Zand the winners is!
the drumms beating now
heart are beating now

Ok ok for real!
Faze's album is tha Boom! grin grin grin wink

2face try but up to expectation! undecided
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 11:54pm On Feb 13, 2007
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by toptho(f): 12:13am On Feb 14, 2007
I prefer faze's cd,like letter to my brother,kolomental and Tatoo girls.I have always preferred faze's voice anyway.maybe i am biased grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by naijagal(f): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2007
i like both albums but,

faze's lyrics are tighter than tubaba but some of d songs are tiring
tubaba still has better commercial appeal (4 now) and he seems to have run out of lyrics. he basically repeated the same lines 4 most of d songs.

verdict; good efforts from both!

p/s: where is black face?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 10:54am On Feb 14, 2007
i never hear faze new album  but grass to grace is full of creative songs and style.for those that say tubaba lack flows,it seems u re blind so my guy na ur eye u go sharpen because i bi like e don dey happen.i need to hear faze too
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2007
naijagal u fit help me get the c.d and give to my friend in abuja who will be back to london soon,abeg.he is supposed to get the face album but i know say he go forget am
naijagal:

i like both albums but,

faze's lyrics are tighter than tubaba but some of d songs are tiring
tubaba still has better commercial appeal (4 now) and he seems to have run out of lyrics. he basically repeated the same lines 4 most of d songs.

verdict; good efforts from both!

p/s: where is black face?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2007
[b][/b]i have the two album both gras to grace and independent.in independent i can only see tattoo girls,kolomental and letter to my brother.in grass to grace from one love to my love you will enjoy everything.men! faze is a good musician but most of his songs apart from the three above are damn too boring and lack message.but 2BABA is just too much,faze is only enjoying the anticipation that arises from the breakup which many believed it was 2faze doing.grass to grace is the best it is my morning devotion.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2007
@eleshin
thank u for that. ppl just love supporting the underdog. Grass 2 Grace is a fantastic album. I was skeptical about it at first but the more I listen to it the better it sounds. The song "one love" is great. I was listening to Stephen Marley (traffic jam) and "one love" came on after that and I have to say 2face is up there with artists like that. He is more diverse than faze. My friend heard "letter to my brother" for the first time and in the beginning of the song he thought it was another remix for "faze alone".
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by royy(m): 2:55am On Feb 17, 2007
grin
omo faze is beta dan 2face, he is mo lyrikally inklined
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by naijagal(f): 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2007
i dont agree dat faze's songs are boring and i most certainly do not think he is popular now cos pple r supporting d underdog.
far from it cos if dat was d case his 1st album should have blown up more than it did
faze is good,watch out for him this year, he is going to give tubaba a good run in d charts! wink

like i said b4, both albums are good
no shakin! & kolomental! grin grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by hadeleye: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2007
Eleshin,

Wetin u dey talk self? Faze's songs boring and lack message? Are you sure you have listened to INDEPENDENT? cos if you did, you would have heard ALPHABELTIC LOVE, DO GOOD, ON A PLANE, KPO KPO DI KPO DI KPO, NEED SOMEBODY, these are all great songs.

Why wont GRACE TO GRASS be ur morning devotion, when you listen to it day in day out? Do you know that you involuntarily fall in love with a whack song when you listen to it all the time? I bet u, if u spend half of the time u spend loving 2face's songs by force to feel Faze's songs, ur next post on this site would be different(Pro Faze).

Which  anticipation  from the breakup is Faze enjoying? Why Blackface no enjoy same 'ANTICIPATION'? abeg talk something else. All this 2face fans sef, na so so sentiments dey full una posts. Change ur ways i nor dey beef u,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by hadeleye: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2007
Who be underdog? thats defamatory, ok. You call someone who's sang with Wyclef and doing a collab Album with Akon soon(www.meetfaze.com), an underdog? how do you define an underdog? In case you dont know this; Faze isnt an underdog.

I see its obvious you never listened to Faze's Album, just coming here to paste your assumptions. how can you fairly assess or rate what you know little or nothing about?

More diverse indeed!!! Maybe singing a song to criticize Shady politicians;E BE LIKE SAY , and singing another to praise same shady polititians;I DEY FEEL LIKE (i dey feel like Atiku, Tinubu, Obasanjo) is what diversity means to you.

If ur friend heard "LETTER TO MY BROTHER" for the first time and in the beginning of the song  thought it was another remix for "faze alone". doesnt that depict Faze's style and identity to you? Thank God it was just in the beginning. Didnt 2face repeat lots of lines in his songs? i.e  in AS YOU SEE ME SAY and E  BE LIKE SAY.

Please try to be fair, They are both ours. PEACE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2007
Wow is it really going to be an argument that faze is the underdog in this case? Someone said tuface's fans carry lot of sentiments but I think its faze's fans that do that. If you read other threads in this forum about faze and tuface. Pro faze ppl just go on about how "2face is done", "the mtv award was a fluke". "his last album was a fluke" and so on. I don't know any of these guys so there's no need to support anybody in particular. I'm not saying I don't like faze but in this case I think 2face is better thats all.

I realize both these artists are ours thats the reason I have never bashed faze or any other artist I think is doing well. I have only stated the person I think is better. To annoy pro-faze ppl more I even prefer D'banj
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2007
!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2007
ANYWAY I THINK THIS TREND IS FOR PEOPLE WHO JUST LISTEN TO MUSIC WITH SENTIMENTS.IT WILL BE UNFAIR FOR ME TO START SIDING TUFACE OR FACE IN THIS TREND BECUZ I HAVE KNOWN THEM FOR AGES BEFORE NAIJA PEOPLE KNEW ABOUT THE NAME FAZE AND TUFACE.THIS GUYS HAVE GOT DIFFERENT STYLES AND INDIVIDUAL TALENT SO THEY ARE THE BEST IN THEIR GAMES SO FAR.I HAVEN'T HEARD FAZE NEW ALBUM BUT AM SURE THAT GRASS TO GRACE IS SO HEAVY,TUFACE PROVED HIMSELF AGAIN AND I TELL U HE IS NOT A FLUKE.FAZE IS DOING GREAT ASWELL.I WAS A HUGE PLANTATION BOIZ FAN AND I WANT THEM BACK TOGETHER BUT STILL GOING SOLO MADE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO INDIVIDUALLY.

hadeleye:

Eleshin,

Wetin u dey talk self? Faze's songs boring and lack message? Are you sure you have listened to INDEPENDENT? because if you did, you would have heard ALPHABELTIC LOVE, DO GOOD, ON A PLANE, KPO KPO DI KPO DI KPO, NEED SOMEBODY, these are all great songs.

Why wont GRACE TO GRASS be your morning devotion, when you listen to it day in day out? Do you know that you involuntarily fall in love with a whack song when you listen to it all the time? I bet u, if u spend half of the time u spend loving 2face's songs by force to feel Faze's songs, your next post on this site would be different(Pro Faze).

Which anticipation from the breakup is Faze enjoying? Why Blackface no enjoy same 'ANTICIPATION'? abeg talk something else. All this 2face fans sef, na so so sentiments dey full una posts. Change your ways i nor dey beef u,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by nasyl(m): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2007
face is always better dan tuface period
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by naijagal(f): 1:31pm On Feb 19, 2007
i wont get tired of saying this

faze is gonna blow up this year, u just watch

tuface fans, keep keeping on oh!
no shakin, e b like say, no be small thing oh etc grin grin grin grin

ps: i luv em both
i ask again, wats up with black face undecided undecided undecided
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by dice(m): 4:49am On Feb 20, 2007
faze is better dan 2
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 4:52am On Feb 20, 2007
i will go with 2face GRASS 2 GRACE, i think his voice is way better than faze. cheesy
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by diyobdw(f): 7:32am On Feb 22, 2007
2face has always had the high number of girl fan since p.boys. No doubt about that and thank to the rich props from kennis i dont expect less.But when it comes to lyrics and live in music Faze is always on top.
grin grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by LORD101(m): 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2007
Guess what? Tha KOLOMENTAL VIDEO BY FAZE is out, I haven't seen it yet. A friend just told me its on Exclusive videos on MTV BASE, It must be hot then. Where is Tuface? Loser
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2007
Can't wait to see the Video.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by shakamc(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2007
2baba have done it again with dj jimmy jatt and modenine on the track tagged stylee, it is hot and for those who think 2face ain't got lyrics then listen to sytlee because 2baba is doing it in his own stylee da best sytlee and that why ho got fanz all over the world more than anybody in the naija hiphop scene.am not hatin faze still,he is ma nigga but 2baba GOT DA STYLEE

http://www.myspace.com/djjimmyjatt
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2007
BEFORE THE BREAK UP OF THE P'BOIZ,I WAS A STRONG FAN.THEN EVERYBODY KNEW THAT 2BABA WAS THE MAIN MAN IN THE GROUP,WE ALL KNOW TUFACE IS NOT THAT GOOD IN COMPOSING,(R-KELLY,WYCLEF,BABYFACE USE TO WRITE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON),BUT HE HAS ALL IT TAKES TO BE WHERE HE IS TODAY,VOICE,CHARISMA,HUMILITY,PROFESSIONALISM AND A GOOD BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP FROM THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY.WHEN I TALK ABOUT MESSAGE CONVEY BY BOTH ALBUMS.ONE LOVE TALKS ABOUT UNITY,NO SHAKING TALKS ABOUT RELENTLESSNESS AND WORKING HARD,E BE LIKE SAY BRINGS INTO TELLS YOU TO BE MINDFUL OF THOSE U CAST UR VOTE FOR,FOR INSTANT RELAY HOW POLITIANS EMBEZZLE OUR MONEY AND HOW 2BABA IF GIVEN THE CHANCE WOULD HAVE MAKE AMENDMENT, OTHERS TALKS ABOUT LOVE IN A SUPERSONIC VOICE.MOST OF FAZES TRACKS ARE ALL ABOUT LOVE EXCEPT LETTER TO MY BROTHER AND , !I CAN NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS 2FACE IS THE BEST MUSICIAN IN NIGERIA.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2007
HI HADELEYE,
APART FROM DO GOOD,LETTER TO MY BROTHER AND KOLOMENTAL OTHER SONGS IN FAZE ALBUM ARE LOVE NURSERY RHYMES,FAZE IS GOOD BUT CANNOT BE COMPARE WITH THE BEST IN THE LAND.BLACKFACE IS A GOOD COMPOSER BECAUSE ACCORDING TO NELSON BROWN BLACKFACE COMPOSE 80% OF THE P'BOIZ SONGS.BUT ALONE HE LACK CONCEPT AND DO NOT POSSES SUCCESS FORMULAR COMPARE TO OTHER.BUT PUNDIT THOUGHT 2FACE CANNOT PRODUCE A SOPHOMORE ALBUM THAT CAN OVERRIDE HIS DEBUT ALBUT,SHAME ON YOU,WHERE WAS FAZE WHEN MTV CAME TO AFRICA, WHERE WAS FAZE WHEN MOBO NOMINATED 2BABA,WHERE WAS FAZE WHEN AFRICAN QUEEN WAS USED AS SOUNDTRACK 4 PHATGIRLS,WHERE WAS FAZE WHEN IVORIENS WERE CRYING BECAUSE 2FACE WAS ON STAGE IN THERE COUNTRY,I DONT SEE COMPARISON AMONG THE 2 IT IS JUST LIKE BOSS AND APPRENTICE LEVEL.4K ALL PLAYER HATER.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by djd1(m): 4:09am On Feb 23, 2007
http://www.jtonproductions.com/Music.htm

click link to see what kolomental video is all about . and new stuff from plantashun boiz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.