Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt (43707 Views)

See My Homemade Okro Soup With Tilapia Fish / Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by PastorandMentor(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Popular Port Harcourt Pastor Prepares Okro Soup With #500

Following the recent trend online that it is impossible to cook soup with #500, a popular Port Harcourt based pastor took up the challenge to clear all doubts as he personally prepared one with the said amount. Read what he wrote on Facebook.

By now, you'll know I am #voltron. I love to stand up in defense of people especially when I don't understand the reason they are being vilified and or bullied.
A young lady, thinking she was being helpful, posted how she used 500 naira to cook okro soup.
All hell broke loose and people made fun of her calling her unreasonable and unrealistic and a liar.
It didn't help that another lady posted that she had tried it and it was possible. That one too received her own fair share of ridicule....surprisingly, more from women.

But because I remember how, thirty years ago my mother had to re-adjust and cook at a very low budget after my father's thriving businesses were closed down by a certain man who is now una Oga at the top, I believed the women.

Anyway, I decided to try it. I went to the market myself and contrary to insinuations that you can't get smoked fish for that price, I actually got for 200 naira.... Yes, and I live in Woji, Portharcourt. (oil city)
So, I bought the following ingredients as given by one of the ladies.
Mind you, I did not use anything already in the house... Not even salt... I bought everything.
Smoked fish... 200
Okro... 50
Ugu... 50
Crayfish... 50
Palm oil... 40
Salt(packet, so I didn't use allow ) ....50
Maggi... 20
Pepper.. 20
Onions... 20

Exactly 500 naira. Believe me people, it is delicious and here it is. I cooked it my self...and yes I am a very good cook�.

Before you add me with the ladies in the ridicule, (and that's okay), kindly see what I have learned from this....
1. Before you conclude that something is impossible, try it.
2. It is essential to learn to be creative in survival skills peradventure you experience a season of lack and you cannot buy your ingredients in Spar.
3. Those that cannot go to a restaurant to pay 3000 naira for a plate of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, still have access to nutritional food... Don't rubbish them.
4. Many of us need to come out from the castles we have put ourselves in and go into the real world to appreciate that life goes on even without opulence.
5. Whatever your budget, food can be on the table.

A lady was surprised to see Apostle Jay, that she sees only on television, in the market. When I explained my mission, she shocked me by saying that with as little as 400 naira she makes Isam(periwinkle) soup for her family.

So, here it is... Fresh okro and ugu soup with smoked fish made with exactly 500 naira ingredients....
My life's creed?: Until I have disproved a thing, scripture says to walk in love because love according to 1Cor.13:7 Beareth all things,believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

NB: Please don't comment about gas or anything like that. The ladies never added fuel to the 500 naira budget.... And by the way, who does that? �

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212856846312109&id=1117800617

Make una come chop.

Cc: Seun
Cc: Lalasticlala
Food is ready my boss

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by PastorandMentor(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
More

1 Share

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by PastorandMentor(m): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Food is ready

2 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
My favorite soup any day anytime

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by PastorandMentor(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
But can you cook with #500
ReneeNuttall:

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by PastorandMentor(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
JD Kosita Madu
lalasticlala:
His Facebook link pls
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Jostico: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
That dude is a full time dude.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=PastorandMentor post=60002136]But can you cook with #500 [/quo

If am to cook okra soup to my taste,am afraid no!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by SOLMICHAEL(m): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
God bless you Man of God!!!
And one nonsense slaying slave will be asking for 1 million to prepare that.

30 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by OldBeer: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
God may I never return to that situation of using #500 to cook food.
Those time in school don pass.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by fratermathy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
I thought he prayed and Okro soup just appeared in his pot. I'm disappointed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Crystalline(f): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
Why did I open this thread, now I'm so hungry

6 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by pastorlams(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
winknice. google "pastor lams blog" for inspiring articles and thank me later winknice. google "pastor lams blog" for inspiring articles and thank me later
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by twinskenny(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Look nicw
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by sukkot: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
that dont even look right. the end result that is.
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
Palmoil #40?

3 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by jordyspices: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
Him own small na only fish i go buy the rest ingredients i go borrow from mama nkechi nd iya shukurat undecided grin

16 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by chinoxstock: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nice.
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Chuukwudi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
You cooked and your pot is still looking empty.
Simply add plenty water, a little Ogbono and good spices.

I can cook better with less money.

Tiny piece of Smoked fish... 50
Small piece of meat... 20
Ugu... 50
Crayfish... 50
Palm oil... 40
Salt(packet, so I didn't use allow ) .... Free
Spices... 70
Pepper.. 20
Onions... 10

Plenty achị (thickener)... 100

Total is N370.

undecided

8 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
sukkot:
vegetarian ass nigga

Fish? Vegetable?

13 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by omonla10(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
A lot of people know this including me.. They're just not honest enough to admit it..

Naija land of hypocrisy

21 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Lexusgs430: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
Which year ?
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Horlufemi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
Where is the liver and intestines grin

1 Like

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
I can cook it with less.

4 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
Good job. All these miscreants screaming about the country can now appreciate the fact that laziness is their biggest challenge.

13 Likes

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
I dislike okro soup. Eats it like 3-4 times in a year. sad
Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by pauljumbo: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Awesome and lovely I like Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Cost of gas nko ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt by Jwonder(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
ahh!! something we do back in school, during exam tym when brokenness hit hard men go just coordinate soup with the least 500, we even they prepare Egg soup with Okro!.. i miss those days

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / How To Prepare Shawarma From Scratch (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.