Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

*** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** (13717 Views)

4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / FOR SALE: Two Bedroom 4 Unit For Sale At Duse Abuja / See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2018
Oju4190:

Gud afternoon Sir,pls is it advisable to build a Soakaway/septic tank at the front of ones house that car can drive or park on top.My builder advice me to do it but am not too comfortable with it. Ur opinion will be appreciated... tanjs

It can be built in front of the house with a good reinforcement and quality casting such that heavy duty vehicles can run or park on it. Its usually last option

However, if there is no cogent reasons Eg: lack of space or water logged land Etc. I advice you avoid it, because it's cost intensive.

1 Like

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2018
[sub][/sub][img][/img][size=8pt][/size]
spyder880:
Good work. Getting much better with neat and quality finishes. Keep it up.

Thank you sir.
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by Oju4190: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2018
dubemcapital:

It can be built in front of the house with a good reinforcement and quality casting such that heavy duty vehicles can run or park on it. Its usually last option

However, if there is no cogent reasons Eg: lack of space or water logged land Etc. I advice you avoid it, because it's cost intensive.

Tanks so much...Since its possible I will have to give it a shot.Tanks
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2018
The septic tank is getting tougher every day yet not up to 8ft and we aim 14ft , the excavators advice we should dump some water in there, in view to soften the land. It was funny but I later bought the idea to see what the outcome will be like. After the exercise the ground seem harder grin

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by Memejem: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
Please what was the cost of labour for the electrical cost of this building.

A family member received a quote for 350,000 for a buglaow with a penthouse.6 rooms total and they priced 350,000. Originally 450,000. I feel like that is too expensive. It’s for conduit wiring. And this labour cost doesn’t include wiring oo. Just the piping and fittings

dubemcapital:

Yes the labour is for, cast workers, masons, carpenters Iron workers is 235,000 +50,000 for electrician and plumber (As at that stage not for the whole project)

That is just the labour no need to make up what is not (my belief anyway)

Please I will communicate the size of the deck soon I need to reconfirm that.

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
Memejem:
Please what was the cost of labour for the electrical cost of this building.

A family member received a quote for 350,000 for a buglaow with a penthouse.6 rooms total and they priced 350,000. Originally 450,000. I feel like

that is too expensive. It’s for conduit wiring. And this labour cost doesn’t include wiring oo. Just the piping and fittings

#350,000 ? Well there are some electrical engineering companies that charge higher than that, but I think is for the client to know if that is what he want.

The charge for the electrical work for this project is approximately #150,000 to finishing. ( including thunder arresting installation and earthing)

The electrical Fittings cost about : #242,000
While the wire (Comet star) cost about : 628,000 (but we have some coils remaining)
Conduit pipe and boxes cost : (can't place it now)

Totaling : #1,020,000 (excluding conduit pipe and boxes)

4 Likes

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by spyder880(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
dubemcapital:

#350,000 ? Well there are some electrical engineering companies that charge higher than that, but I think is for the client to know if that is what he want.

The charge for the electrical work for this project is approximately #150,000 to finishing. ( including thunder arresting installation and earthing)

The electrical Fittings cost about : #242,000
While the wire (Comet star) cost about : 628,000 (but we have some coils remaining)
Conduit pipe and boxes cost : (can't place it now)

Totaling : #1,020,000 (excluding conduit pipe and boxes)

Good work, I trust cometstar cables.
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by adewaleID: 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
More grace my brother, keep up the good work
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2018
spyder880:

Good work, I trust cometstar cables.

Yes very well, it's a good one. Thank you sir
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 7:07am On Jan 29, 2018
adewaleID:
More grace my brother, keep up the good work

Sure. Thank you sir.
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
Having concluded the needful via finishing, painting is next in the list...

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
dubemcapital:
Having concluded the needful via finishing, painting is next in the list...

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 12:17am On Feb 01, 2018
Rounding off with tilling... I prefer skirting with tile trim.

1 Like

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
So far on septic tank.... We stopped at 12ft (dept) because of the Rocky nature of the ground

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
Looking differently... the house would have been better on 3 colours but we need to carefully consider the untarred dusty road just in front of the house. ( so we are looking for the untarred street road similar colour grin pls bear with us)

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2018
Taking the compound level with the excavated soil from the septic tank. ...saving cost

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2018
So far on this project....

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by sako28: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2018
dubemcapital:
Pvc ceiling is on, but not a good idea for a pvc ceiling to be fixed before wall tiles it should be the other way round.

Nice Job. What the cost of the PVC ceiling and the manufacturing.

Thank you
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
sako28:

Nice Job. What the cost of the PVC ceiling and the manufacturing.

Thank you

#64,000 plus
It's a China product
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by Nigranks: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2018
Hey boss

Is 150k Ok for electrical cabling pulling in a 4 flats of 3 bed room.the guy is asking for 185k
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by Nigranks: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
If you dey Lagos na you we for give this job to. We like your ways and work
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nigranks:
Hey boss

Is 150k Ok for electrical cabling pulling in a 4 flats of 3 bed room.the guy is asking for 185k

150k Is fair.
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nigranks:
If you dey Lagos na you we for give this job to. We like your ways and work

Thank you sir.
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 7:12am On Mar 04, 2018
sewage tank construction

500 Pcs of 9" blocks @160*500=
15pcs of 16mm Rod @ 3150 =
12 pcs of 12mm rod @ 1950 =
10 cps of 8 mm rod @ 1000 =
1/2 inch aggregate (4buckets) @ 67,000
1 trip of sharp sand = 11000
33 bags of cement in view = 79,200

Carpenter labour =__
Iron fitter = __
Masons = __
Mason servants =__
Cast servants = ___

Near Total. = # 314,850 { Labour not inclusive }

We intend to use old wood and other left over material to make up, provided it can serve the purpose effectively.

1 Like

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Testing the electrical fittings

1 Like

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by sako28: 10:22am On Mar 05, 2018
dubemcapital:
We did plaster Window hood because it's better , hood design are simple but appears Beautiful especially on casement windows. However our considerations are:

*Size of the window hood is 3inches by 6 inches
*Light thickness ( if huge it's likely going to fall over the years)
* At least an inch gap from the window frame
* Immediate cleaning of the window and lubrication for proper opening after work is advised

Nice work on the window hood. How much did they charge per window for the window hood.

Thank you
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by Icon4s(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2018
dubemcapital:
Testing the electrical fittings

Beautiful!!

Please what is the dimension of the land and also the dimension of the building?
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
sako28:

Nice work on the window hood. How much did they charge per window for the window hood.

Thank you

Thank you sir, they charged for the entire work. But maybe around #1500 - 2000 each
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by sako28: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2018
dubemcapital:

Thank you sir, they charged for the entire work. But maybe around #1500 - 2000 each

Thanks
Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
Getting closer to slab casting

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2018
Landscaping in view

Re: *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** by dubemcapital(m): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Landscaping the compound

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"How Thugs Prevent Rich People From Developing Our Community"- Twitter User / Finishing Of 3 units of 3bedrooms Holiday Cottage For Diaspora Client / Modern House Plan In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.