Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop (7764 Views)

New Dunlop Signature II Radial Tire - 225/65R17 102T 4 Sale / Closed: Pirelli 265 50 R20 Tyre (1pcs) For Sale / Bridgestone, Continental, Michelin, Hankook, Dunlop Tyres For Sale In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop by cooljade(f): 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
i'm in need of a new set of tyres. visited pirelli on Ademola Adetokunbo, michelin at area 11 & even Apo spare parts market and this is whwt i was told:
1) michelin's high price is based mainly on it's known and registered name.
2) michelin energy saver is the best michelin tyre avilable and also the best compared to other tyre brands ( pls note that Energy brand is one of the lowest michelin brands in Europe)
3) That pirelli and dunlop are as good as michelin if not better
4) michelin varies with country of make

Pls i'l appreciate your honest advise

1 Like

Re: Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2010
May I  kindly turn your attention in the direction of my favourite tyre-make; FALKEN. Especially the FK-42.
Has all the dynamics of grip (wet/dry), manageable noise levels and wear rate comparable to Michelins, with much better price to boot, if you'd pardon the pun.

Please dont bother with Pirelli whether the P or Z series , for they're noisy suckers, though hard-wearing.

Just my 2 kobo worth of advice   cool  Go with FALKEN.

1 Like

Re: Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop by cooljade(f): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2010
thanks deeman d. but where can i get them in nigeria? what of good year of kendra comet?
Re: Michelin Vs Pirelli Vs Dunlop by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 23, 2010
I see you're in ABJ. Well,  last place I saw the falkens available/obtainable from, is the tyre seller at the AP filling station by the Nigerian Mint in Garki 2,
off Dantata-Sawoe Construction Company Yard by Murtala Mohammed Way.  Even few proper dealers in the Apo axis can source them for you.

I can only talk positively about Falken FK-42, which I've been using after replacing my usual Michelin PRIMACIES. Same job for less money.
Dont know about other pretenders. Cheers !!!

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz E300 For Sale / ((CLEARANCE))Tokunbo 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD... Asking Price:/₦3.550m/ NOW ₦3.1m / 2015 Model Benz S550 4matic Toks Fully Loaded Selling Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.