Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline (31445 Views)

Banks Turning Female Marketers To Sexual Slaves – Senator Ayo Akinyelure / Inner Galaxy Group Treating Nigerians Like Slaves / Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Azeez532(m): 9:02am On Sep 02, 2017
chyima:
this is really absurd,a top organization like that ,I am truly ashamed of Nigeria.
soon we complain about how the Lebanese treat us and it will also breaking news on the same TVC,when they have log in their eyes also....seriously is so difficult to believe,washing toilets haba,the least they should have done is not pay the intern but engage them in their area of specialization to gain something meaningful,after they say youth are unemployable but they have refuse to train them.
what kind of change do we really desire as a nation??

This is sad
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Ishilove: 9:02am On Sep 02, 2017
What is wrong in dusting your desk yourself or making your own damned tea?!

6 Likes

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Wallade(m): 9:04am On Sep 02, 2017
I will not hold brief for TVC and such organizations that engage interns on such jobs. Moreover, I must say that most organizations treat interns in similar ways.

I did internship with ExxonMobil (MPNU) at Ibeuno, Akwa Ibom several years back. I was seconded to the General Services dept, office support unit but it was basically menial jobs we were subjected to do.

So much that we had to move some furniture in a senior management staff office on a particular day and she had to comment about the nature of job we do and emphasize that the purpose of internship has been defeated.

But we did the job anyway, we moved on - Corp and attaches. With a letter to show for it. Honestly, I had little or nothing substantial to appreciate about that experience.

However, today we look back to where we started, appreciate where we are today and aspire to achieve more in future. Our experience shapes us but we determine who and what we are: we make our lives.

7 Likes

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2017
i dont understand this, did tvc also deny you the right to quit when the working cobdition is horrible? at the end of the day what do you have to lose if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by okenwaa(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Zoo of a place.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by SeanDada1(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2017
NigelCundy:
This is very true....I have such terrible experience with TVC.
Ask 4 pic if u doubt me

No be Tinubu TV Station? What do you expect?? grin
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by nutigal: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2017
This is just a deliberate attempt to malign the organisation. I work there and interns DON'T WASH TOILETS.
If u say they don't get remuneration for the period of their internship, that's true but the toilet? that's a malicious lie from the pit of hell.
See, internship is not by force. I also went through worse where I did mine. You have the choice to stay or leave. Those who are learning tailoring do not sit and just learn under their master, they run errands work related or not despite the fact that they pay to even learn.
It is so simple, if you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 02, 2017
pokipoki:

Hmmm. I wonder why are they complaining, when they have the option of leaving the job.
To think that tvc is established with looted funds,to now be maltreating the owners of such funds is outrageous.Oya vex well.
Cuteamigo1:
i dont understand this, did tvc also deny you the right to quit when the working cobdition is horrible? at the end of the day what do you have to lose if i may ask?
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
binarykid:
Chai!!!... IT IS FINISHED grin grin grin. ASWEAR DEM NO GO COLLECT INTERNS AGAIN.
make i go buy credit to call those ladies by 9am on monday to discuss this matter cool
If they refuse to admit interns you should create a thread for it .
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by kobijacobs(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2017
this is why most of them remain broadcasters even after the become grandparents. if u doubt me ask Cyril Stober of NTA
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by okerekeikpo: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2017
And it's an Apc member people that promised us change that owns tvc o, Tinubu u see ur life?
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Exciton(m): 9:27am On Sep 02, 2017
jeggienut:
Imagine, they even wrote test!

Writing test to wash toilet! grin grin grin grin grin

I just hope these exploitative fvckers get hammered by the law... but we all know it won't happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2017
I have known this through my friend back then in 2013 that TVC treat interns like slaves. One of his course mate told him not to come to TVC. He later went to Superscreen where he got experience, but there was no pay.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by wowo2: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2017
Ishilove:
What is wrong in dusting your desk yourself or making your own damned tea?!

You know now, they are the ones that when they leave Nigeria, they want to sit in the owner's corner of taxi..
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by samsobo24(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2017
kobijacobs:
this is why most of them remain broadcasters even after the become grandparents. if u doubt me ask Cyril Stober of NTA
They should leave now,staying under tvc for internship training does not guarantee their success.
Bro, I like Cyril Stoner oo
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by THEREALSEUN: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2017
Female Presenter Vacancy

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2017
nutigal:
This is just a deliberate attempt to malign the organisation. I work there and interns DON'T WASH TOILETS.
If u say they don't get remuneration for the period of their internship, that's true but the toilet? that's a malicious lie from the pit of hell.
See, internship is not by force. I also went through worse where I did mine. You have the choice to stay or leave. Those who are learning tailoring do not sit and just learn under their master, they run errands work related or not despite the fact that they pay to even learn.
Are you okay at all? Do you know the reason why Babangida govt created ITF? It is for you to interprete the theories you are being taught into practicals. Don't defend them. TVC treats interns like slaves. Have got a friend who was advised to stay away from TVC as an intern that he won't be paid nor learn anything. He opted for Superscreen at Onipanu where he got experience. .

7 Likes

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by titiloyeblog: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2017
Mtngiftonline.cf is a scam website (Pictures and Video)

Mtngiftonline.cf is a scam website

http://www.mtngiftonline.cf is a scam website, it has duped many and will continue to dupe as much as it can. And you could be the next, only if you ignore this post. I am a victim of this, so I don't want you to be a victim too.

When I was surfing the net to source for news from various websites, I came across this website (mtngiftonline.cf) which really fascinated me to participate fully well in their activities because of their awuf(bonus) offers. Lol….. When I saw that with 200naira MTN airtime, I will be able to get 5,500naira airtime with a month free browsing and with 500naira MTN airtime, I will enjoy 2months free browsing with 10,500naira MTN airtime (Does it not look attractive to you?). But unfortunately, it is a scam which I fell into. I should have realized in time that it was a scam but I yield not to my conscience (because of the awuf(bonus) offers). The first instance that I should have realized it was a scam was the display of the website (it was not in MTN website format), this means that MTN knows nothing about this activity.

click here to read more: http://www.titiloyeblog.com/2017/09/mtngiftonlinecf-is-scam-website.html

1 Like

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Ishilove: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2017
wowo2:

You know now, they are the ones that when they leave Nigeria, they want to sit in the owner's corner of taxi..
If I'm buying tea from Mai shayi, I will witness how the tea is being made but when I'm in the office with close proximity to the materials and control of how the tea is being prepared, why on earth will anyone prepare my tea for me? When my hand is not paining me.

They might spit into the tea and serve it to me hot, and I would be none the wiser because I'm forming oga boss.

I also wouldn't want anyone messing with my desk. It's personal to me. I'm wondering why I will need anyone to dust my desk for me. It's crazy.

1 Like

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by THEREALSEUN: 9:41am On Sep 02, 2017
nutigal:

Help Share in your circle.

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by nutigal: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Are you okay at all? Do you know the reason why Babangida govt created ITF? It is for you to interprete the theories you are being taught into practicals. Don't defend them. TVC treats interns like slaves. Have got a friend who was advised to stay away from TVC as an intern that he won't be paid nor learn anything. He opted for Superscreen at Onipanu where he got experience. .

I should be the one to ask you if you are ok at all. This is a public forum and I am free to air my opinion the way you are free to air yours, so do not ask me if I am ok. Since interns have been told that they won't get experience there, they should avoid the place. it is that simple. There are some interns there who proved their worth and went on to become staff.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2017
Na so Tinubu company's be angry angry
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Ishilove: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2017
nutigal:
Just because a mode of doing things has become a culture of sort does not make it right. A person went there to get practical training, not do menial jobs that have nothing to do with why they are there in the first place.

If you went through worse then it shows there is something deeply wrong with the Nigerian system, which is why we are where we are today because if undergraduates of Mass Comm spends close to one year making tea, sweeping, mopping and washing plates instead honing their skills, then, how on earth do you expect them to learn? Why do you think saner and more developed countries will always remain 'more developed' than us Nigerians?

Look, madam, there is no excuse for how these people treat interns. We are our own worst enemies.

9 Likes

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:56am On Sep 02, 2017
nutigal:

I should be the one to ask you if you are ok at all. This is a public forum and I am free to air my opinion the way you are free to air yours, so do not ask me if I am ok. Since interns have been told that they won't get experience there, they should avoid the place. it is that simple. There are some interns there who proved their worth and went on to become staff.
Haha... Look at how you are confusing yourself. Firstly, you compared academic internship to an apprentice in tailoring. The interns that proved their worth became staff. You mean the interns that were not allowed to get experience from their respective fields. Oh! they became a staff through menial jobs. Haha.... you are really a confused fellow.

7 Likes

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by nutigal: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2017
Ishilove:

Just because a mode of doing things have become a culture of sort does not make it right. A person went there to get practical training, not do menial jobs that have nothing to with why they are there in the first place.

If you went through worse then it shows there is something deeply wrong with the Nigerian system, which is why we are where we are today because if an undergraduate of Mass Comm spends close to one year making tea, sweeping, mopping and washing plates instead honing their skills, then, how on earth do you expect them to learn? Why do you think saner and more developed countries will always remain 'more developed' than us Nigerians?

Look, madam, there is no excuse for how these people treat interns. We are our own worst enemies.

Agreed, madam. Something is indeed wrong with the system.

1 Like

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by nutigal: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Haha... Look at how you are confusing yourself. Firstly, you compared academic internship to an apprentice in tailoring. The interns that proved their worth became staff. You mean the interns that were not allowed to get experience from their respective fields. Oh! they became a staff through menial jobs. Haha.... you are really a confused fellow.

Keep ranting Kid.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by PhilipGallagher(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2017
nutigal:
What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by sisisioge: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2017
Hmmm...something is terribly wrong somewhere. Why can't they have office assistants whose job is to clean and make tea? It is not cool to turn interns to such helps. BTW, this isn't the first time I'm hearing things like this about the org, I think the management needs to review its culture.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by nutigal: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2017
PhilipGallagher:

What is this one saying

Exactly what this one read.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:04am On Sep 02, 2017
nutigal:

Keep ranting Kid.
Haha... counter my point now. Yeye gal.
Re: TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline by Ishilove: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2017
sisisioge:
Hmmm...something is terribly wrong somewhere. Why can't they have office assistants whose job is to clean and make tea? It is not cool to turn interns to such helps. BTW, this isn't the first time I'm hearing things like this about the org, I think the management needs to review its culture.
My sister, na cheap labour tinz. What's the point of hiring office assistants and paying them salary when you can use the interns for omo odo duties for free?

They're saving costs grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corporal Fauzziyah Shoney Detained For Resigning From The Police / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering Course? / Nigerians React To The FRSC Commander Who Cut Female Staff's Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.