Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Us Visa Appointment - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Visa Appointment (11997 Views)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Turkish Visa Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2010
hey am lookin to get an appointment for us visa but there are no slot help
Re: Us Visa Appointment by segzeybaba(m): 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
email the embassy, if its for students, medical and other compassionate applications, like burial.

But not for tourist visas oooo
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2010
the visa is to go and negoiate a contract plus i hear that ppl (touts) can get an appointment but u have to pay. then i wonder is it not the same booking system that we all look at online.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by Spice4luv(f): 5:48am On Feb 23, 2010
I and my husband are planning to invite my mom to the U.S by Nov. 2010 and when I log in to the appointment system (NIV) to book a visa appointment for her, I noticed that there are no available appointment slot through the Nigeria appointment system but I tried with other countries like Ghana and there were available slot. Can someone let me know what is happening pls?
Re: Us Visa Appointment by justwise(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2010
Spice4luv:

I and my husband are planning to invite my mom to the U.S by Nov. 2010 and when I log in to the appointment system (NIV) to book a visa appointment for her, I noticed that there are no available appointment slot through the Nigeria appointment system but I tried with other countries like Ghana and there were available slot. Can someone let me know what is happening pls?

This is what happens here, the touts take up all the avaiable slots then re-sale it to pple who are desperate to book an appointment, the price is so high, this is SICK and i don't know why the American embassy or whoever is in charge of the booking systme hasn't done nothing about this dubious act
Re: Us Visa Appointment by suxes2005(m): 10:31am On Feb 23, 2010
the embassy must know about this i guess
cos at times you see dose guys in front of d embassy
and i am very sure d staffs knows about this.

Anyways, spice4luv, i fink u need some1 in
9ja to do it for you cos u must help her book appointment
on time to avoid rush as you still have much time.

Has she paid the application fees?

SHALOM
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
I am checkin 4 slot from london and i cant find either so is my husband in nigeria. but does anyone no how i can get an appointment in nigeria. for first timers.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by dankulomos: 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
Dear Reader,

I can really help you out , i mean to book your visa appointment , forget about if there's slot or not. I promised i can book it , just let me know when you are ready to book or to go for the interview.

For more information
Text : i need appointment, your e-mail and phone number to 08072275508
Re: Us Visa Appointment by justwise(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
dankulomos:

Dear Reader,
I can really help you out , i mean to book your visa appointment , forget about if there's slot or not. I promised i can book it , just let me know when you are ready to book or to go for the interview.
For more information
Text : i need appointment, your e-mail and phone number to 08072275508

People like you are the problem, you people made a mess of the system and now u are selling the slot. Shame on pple like u.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
I called 08072275508, the person sounds like a she n a thief as well, she pick up the first time cut the fone off n the she didnt want to pick up anymore.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by justwise(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2010
gal90:

I called 08072275508, the person sounds like a she n a thief as well, she pick up the first time cut the fone off n the she didnt want to pick up anymore.

Please please and please, don't encourage pple like this, they are the problem, if nobdy calls them for a long time then they will not be taking up ALL the avaiable slot. Off course they are shameful criminals.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
justwise

To be honest am really desperate for a slot and again if the embassy no abt this y dont they make slots availble and then this will not happen cos there will be no need. they say slots are availbe every monday by 10am and 1pm at abuja n lagos respectively n i checked yesterday there was non n i ave checked today again. I am in london so at least i trust they internet here.
but again abt me callin that person i actually wanted to c if they will get me a slot n believe me i will not give them any money until i actually get into the interview plus i was just a bit curious.

but thanks for that post.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
gal90:

justwise
To be honest am really desperate for a slot and again if the embassy no abt this y dont they make slots availble and then this will not happen cos there will be no need. they say slots are availbe every monday by 10am and 1pm at abuja n lagos respectively n i checked yesterday there was non n i ave checked today again. I am in london so at least i trust they internet here.
but again abt me callin that person i actually wanted to c if they will get me a slot n believe me i will not give them any money until i actually get into the interview plus i was just a bit curious.

but thanks for that post.

I feel ur pain, i really do, keep checking, u will definately get a slot, not everybody pays this criminals for slot.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by funkybaby(f): 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2010
Google and check for a username 'vikiviko'

Send him an email

He knows how these appointment dates work. There is certain time/day of the week when the embassy free up slots. So what the touts do is to sit down at cyber cafes and book them all.

I had similar problem trying to get an appointment at the French embassy and he told me what day and times to try it and it worked.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
funkybaby

thanks i have goggle n seem wat he wrote.

am gona check those times.

thanks
Re: Us Visa Appointment by funkybaby(f): 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
gal90:

funkybaby

thanks i have goggle n seem wat he wrote.

am gona check those times.

thanks

Alright. Good luck.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by Spice4luv(f): 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
Thank you guys for the post. I am really in need of this interview slot. It's so unfortunate that Nigerians will not stop. I hope that the embassy look for a way to take care of this issue. I will try checking on Mondays by 10am to see if I can get a slot.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by boyt1: 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
Spice4luv:

Thank you guys for the post. I am really in need of this interview slot. It's so unfortunate that Nigerians will not stop. I hope that the embassy look for a way to take care of this issue. I will try checking on Mondays by 10am to see if I can get a slot.
Madam sorry oo here in 9jaa we have corrupted all the foreign embassy staffs too. The embassies are quite aware of this, so no big deal. Afterall, our president died in saudi they buried him 20ft. and lied to 150million people, and are still joking with issue.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by suxes2005(m): 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
boy t,

haba, who told you the president is dead?

anyways, i believe the staffs has been corrupted like
you said and i fink it is d other of the day here in 9ja.

As for me, I booked online myself and got date
which you must do earlier

SHALOM
Re: Us Visa Appointment by Kelvinj(m): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
I've an appointment already 4 a tourist visa, how possible can i get that? & can some1 realy tell me important requirements plz. Tanx
Re: Us Visa Appointment by suxes2005(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
I've an appointment already 4 a tourist visa, how possible can i get that? & can some1 realy tell me important requirements plz. Tanx

You already have it and you are asking how posssible
you can get that? C'mon think b4 u post OK

SHALOM
Re: Us Visa Appointment by Kelvinj(m): 12:23am On Feb 24, 2010
@suxes
I mean d visa, bt wat abt d requirements plz
Re: Us Visa Appointment by Kelvinj(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2010
@suxes
I mean d visa, bt wat abt d requirements plz
Re: Us Visa Appointment by oyewolejos(m): 3:22am On Feb 24, 2010
I think there is going to be a major change in the USA B1/B2 Visa to Nigerians any moment from now so the embassy is threading the part if caution. Moreover there are opened slots for Students and other categories of Visa but B1/B2 is on hold for now. Though some people have bastardized the system but i tell u they can't beat the US Embassy system. What these touts do is that they get a slot for people who don't intend to travel and if they now get a customer they would cancel the interview and put another person on it. Sometimes they might be unlucky as the system won't open a slot but sometimes too they get away with it. It's not the fault of the Embassy but the fault of desperate Visa Applicants who patronize these people. The embassy has already warned applicants not to do business with touts but people still go ahead to do it. The embassy has taken measures by saying any applicant caught with appointment racketing would receive a ban for life.
So it now depends on the applicants whether to risk a ban or apply early enough.
Applicants, apply very early for your visa has their are high demand for interview slots.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by suxes2005(m): 3:32am On Feb 24, 2010
Re: Us Visa Appointment by Spice4luv(f): 6:53am On Feb 24, 2010
Thank you Oyewolejos for this information. I am so please to hear that the U.S embassy are doing something about it. We on our own should try not to patronize them so when they don't sell they will not steal the slots. I hope that the U.S embassy take it really serious cos it might become big problem for us tomorrow.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
i just found slot. available now 4 b1 n b2 visa app in lag.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
gal90:

Gr8!, good luck
Re: Us Visa Appointment by segzeybaba(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
gal90:

what date did you get?
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thanks justwise.

someone else obvious find it very funny.
Re: Us Visa Appointment by gal90: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
first week of april
Re: Us Visa Appointment by funkybaby(f): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
gal90:

first week of april

congrats.

april shocked
thats about 7 weeks away undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air To Fly US Based Doctors On Free Medical Mission To Uyo… / Labor Day: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Monday / How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.