Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. (1467 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by gabbidonbah(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2017
Hello family, I have an opportunity to travel abroad for a year long volunteering program in an international development org, but I recently started a job in a multinational company. But my concern is I don't want to go abroad and volunteer for a year and come back home after to start finding a job again. The salaries in my current job and the volunteering job is almost the same. I don't know which one to go for, as the volunteering might give me edge to easily build my career globally, I need your advice gurus in the house.
Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by DreamChaser2000: 11:36am On Sep 01, 2017
Travel abroad bruh. This will give you an edge to get a better job. You can add that to your CV and that will be noticed.

2 Likes

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
gabbidonbah:
Hello family, I have an opportunity to travel abroad for a year long volunteering program in an international development org, but I recently started a job in a multinational company. But my concern is I don't want to go abroad and volunteer for a year and come back home after to start finding a job again. The salaries in my current job and the volunteering job is almost the same. I don't know which one to go for, as the volunteering might give me edge to easily build my career globally, I need your advice gurus in the house.
bro plz which volunteering program is dat. I tink m interested tnx

2 Likes

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 02, 2017
gabbidonbah:

There are so many volunteer opportunities in your country, start from your church or mosque. Africa needs more volunteers than Europe or America.

1 Like

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
gabbidonbah:

I'm not a guru or anything, but wanted to give a suggestion.
That's actually nice that you would get some sort of income for volunteer work (which happens in some cases). Pray about the situation....since you have two options...and see what direction God would lead you in.

2 Likes

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by gabbidonbah(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Thanks a lot dear for your advice, been praying a lot,still confused though
Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 04, 2017
gabbidonbah:
Thanks a lot dear for your advice, been praying a lot,still confused though

I understand. After fervent prayer, there should be an eventual peace about the decision....a calmness...a resting trust that the right decision has been made.
Perhaps fasting will give you the answer. This is a big decision....of which you know. Who knows what may be in store for you...
Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 04, 2017
gabbidonbah:

Stay with your current job.

1 Like

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by gabbidonbah(m): 1:07am On Sep 04, 2017
Thanks for the advice
onyenze123:

Stay with your current job.
Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by CDCEO001: 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
I would suggest you go abroad depending on the country. Some countries will help boost your passport, making it easy for you to get visa to travel again in the future. You will also more chance of getting full time job in that country, that's if you like working in that country.

1 Like

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

There are so many volunteer opportunities in your country, start from your church or mosque. Africa needs more volunteers than Europe or America.

Why are you like this? Can't you see what is happening all over?

1 Like

Re: Volunteer Abroad Or Stay With My Current Job. by gabbidonbah(m): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2017
[Thanks for your great advice. quote author=CDCEO001 post=60166090]I would suggest you go abroad depending on the country. Some countries will help boost your passport, making it easy for you to get visa to travel again in the future. You will also more chance of getting full time job in that country, that's if you like working in that country.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

This Is For Those Living In Usa. Is It Better Than Naija In Dreams Potential? / Fatal Accident At Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta Main Gate / Any Nigerian In Fiji Or Has Been To Fiji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.