Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,583 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? (927 Views)

Should Christian Couples Practise Other Styles Of Sex Apart Frm Conventionastyle / On What Basis Should A Nigerian Christian Support Isreal Over Palestine / How Can A Nigerian Christian Support Donald Trump? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by impossible27(m): 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
Dillon Burroughs

As Israel and Hamas continue their conflict in Gaza, the rest of the world argues over which group to support. Much of the mainstream media portrays Israel as the aggressor, while other sources affirm Israel’s right to defend its land and people. What view should Christians have regarding Israel?

First, it’s clear the land and people of Israel (Jews and all others) are of great importance to God. The Bible calls Israel the Promised Land of the Jews. Abraham first came to the land where it was included as part of God’s blessing to him and his descendants (Genesis 12:1-3 ). Joshua led the Israelites into this same land generations later. The judges and kings of Israel ruled the land for centuries before God judged the land through Babylonian invasion. Even at that time, God promised to later return them to the land of Israel, a prophecy fulfilled 70 years later.

In the first century, Jerusalem fell to the Romans in 70 A.D. The nation of Israel then ceased to exist until its modern re-establishment following World War II that took place in 1948. Since then, Israel has become a major economic and technological player among the nations of the Middle East.

Second, Israel is a land rich in religious value for Jews, Christians, and even Muslims. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joshua, the Judges, David, Solomon, Jesus, and the early church all lived in this land. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, while many of the Bible’s major events took place in Jerusalem.

Third, Israel is the longest-standing democracy in the Middle East. This alone should warrant some level of support from Western democratic nations. Both Christians and non-Christians who support democratic societies in which government is led by the people and for the people can support the modern nation of Israel.

Fourth, God has a future plan for Israel according to the Bible. Revelation 21 and 22 speak of a New Jerusalem, a heavenly city where God dwells with His people. Prior to this time, Scripture also speaks of a future Jewish temple in Jerusalem that will be defiled by the Antichrist (Daniel 8:13 ; 9:17 ; 11:31 ; Matthew 24:15 ).
While Christians need not support every policy and decision made by the government of Israel, there are certainly several reasons Christians can support the nation of Israel and its people. It’s importance to God, its historical significance, its long-lasting democracy, and future role in Scripture all highlight the great value of Israel in Christian history and beliefs.

The Bible teaches God’s people to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6 ), a principle that can also certainly extend to the entire nation. We are to pray for peace, for the spiritual and physical condition of those on all sides, and seek to help in practical ways as we are able.
We can begin today by praying about the current conflict involving Israel and encourage others to support Israel and peace in the region. While lasting peace may not take place until Christ’s return, we can still work toward making a difference now in whatever ways we can, seeking the good of the land where our Lord Jesus was born, lived, and served.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by Ken4Christ: 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
We should support them on our knees. They were the beloved people of God and he still have a future plan for them.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by ifenes(m): 3:50am On Sep 02, 2017
Firstly, the Israelis are not chosen or special people. They are no different from you and I. In fact these people have committed one of the worst crimes against humanity. They have emotionally blackmailed other people on the planet who gulliblely follow ther book to see the as god's chosen people. The truth is,they are one of the biggest scam artists of the planet who are good at manipulating every Gorvernment of the world.

Think of this; 6 million Jews where allegedly killed by hitler, but how many Africans were victims of slavery ? Your calculation will show you who needs support. Think black folks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by PROPHETmichael: 7:06am On Sep 02, 2017
I stand with Israel any day, anytime!!! That's what wise people do and i chose to be wise.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by JackBizzle: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2017
Ken4Christ:
We should support them on our knees. They were the beloved people of God and he still have a future plan for them.

What kind of brain dead nonsense is this?

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by JackBizzle: 7:49am On Sep 02, 2017
PROPHETmichael:
I stand with Israel any day, anytime!!! That's what wise people do and i chose to be wise.

So if isreal comes to take your land, you will support them?

Are you a slave? How can you believe and support the nonsense that isreal is Gods chosen place and they can bully anyone the like?
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by Ken4Christ: 8:31am On Sep 02, 2017
JackBizzle:

What kind of brain dead nonsense is this?

I have more sense than you that is ignorance of God's dealings and plans for the Jews.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by JackBizzle: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2017
Ken4Christ:

I have more sense than you that is ignorance of God's dealings and plans for the Jews.

Spoken like a slave. So you are less human than a jew? Jews are superior and are right in everthing they do?

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2017
As at present days, there is no difference between Israel and other nation, while biblical promise stand for them, we gentiles have our own right to God promises directly through the Holy Ghost.

Lest we forget Being a Christian doesn't mean I have to support or defend Israel actions. There are some atrocities committed by Israel against Palestine and vice-versa

So as a Christian I rather pray for My Country and advancement of Gospel Worldwide.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by impossible27(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2017
JackBizzle:

Are you a slave? How can you believe and support the nonsense that isreal is Gods chosen place and they can bully anyone the like?
Sir, the Israel did not bully anyone. all the land they got were snatched away by the Arabs who invaded them.

In 1947, the UN shared that land between the Israel and Palestine making Jerusalem an independent state for all because of it religious tourism. Israel accepted their share but the Palestine refused their share and want to have the whole place for themselves. that is greed. that why Palestine attacked Israel and they lost the west bank.

The Egyptians because of their greed and hatred for the Jews trys to invade israel and they lost sinai (which was later given to them when they recognize israel as a country, jordan, syria and lebanon also attacked and they lost lands too including the golden height.

So u see? Israel did not bully anyone, the arabs did. According to bibi's speech (bibi is the PM of israel, that his title). bibi says that if it neigboring country can recorgnise the country, they will be given back their land just as what they did to egypt.

So u see, palestine destiny is in their hands. they know what to do to have an indipendent state.. simple recognize Israel, stop being greedy and accept the two state solution.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by PROPHETmichael: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2017
JackBizzle:

Yes, i'm a slave to God!!! The creator of heaven and earth; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by Uyi168: 11:09am On Sep 02, 2017
Funny enough,an average israeli is nt even a christian..
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Yes, i'm a slave to God!!! The creator of heaven and earth; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

i find this statement somewhat disturbing

2 Likes

Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by PROPHETmichael: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i find this statement somewhat disturbing

AMEN!
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by zephry(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Abeg which church you dey go
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by JackBizzle: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
impossible27:

Sir, the Israel did not bully anyone. all the land they got were snatched away by the Arabs who invaded them.

In 1947, the UN shared that land between the Israel and Palestine making Jerusalem an independent state for all because of it religious tourism. Israel accepted their share but the Palestine refused their share and want to have the whole place for themselves. that is greed. that why Palestine attacked Israel and they lost the west bank.

The Egyptians because of their greed and hatred for the Jews trys to invade israel and they lost sinai (which was later given to them when they recognize israel as a country, jordan, syria and lebanon also attacked and they lost lands too including the golden height.

So u see? Israel did not bully anyone, the arabs did. According to bibi's speech (bibi is the PM of israel, that his title). bibi says that if it neigboring country can recorgnise the country, they will be given back their land just as what they did to egypt.

So u see, palestine destiny is in their hands. they know what to do to have an indipendent state.. simple recognize Israel, stop being greedy and accept the two state solution.

You are delusional. Please go and research properly.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by impossible27(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
JackBizzle:

You are delusional. Please go and research properly.
I made my research properly
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by Ken4Christ: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
JackBizzle:

Spoken like a slave. So you are less human than a jew? Jews are superior and are right in everthing they do?

Jesus has bridged the spiritual inequality between the Jews and the Gentiles. Now in Christ Jesus, there is no Jew nor Greek. We are fellow citizens of the household of Faith. No one is inferior to the other.
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by JackBizzle: 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Jesus has bridged the spiritual inequality between the Jews and the Gentiles. Now in Christ Jesus, there is no Jew nor Greek. We are fellow citizens of the household of Faith. No one is inferior to the other.

Then why is isreal special
Re: Should Christian Support And Defend Israel? by Childofaking: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
Israel has the right to Jerusalem and they have been very diplomatic about it. Imagine the palestinians building a mosque on the same spot where the temple was.
Israel is the people of God and it does not matter whether they are christians or not. Christianity came from Judiasm, we use the same bible(the old testament) and the fact that israel will not accept Jesus christ now is part of God's plan.
So very christian ,ust support Israel.

(1) (Reply)

Crusade Titled "God's Blessings For High Level" At The Lord Chosen Church,lagos / Sex Scene Plays On Church TV Screen During Service / Pls Let Clear This Once And For All, Will I Go To hell, If Am With A Tattoo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.