Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

In The Boxing Ring Of Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In The Boxing Ring Of Life (435 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Phrases You Didn’t Know Came From Boxing... / A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Boxing Ring Of Life by Mollybobog1(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
On countless occasions have I watched a boxing match, Mohammed Ali Vs fraiser Joe, notably Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao. One thing that fascinates me so much is how punches are thrown and how they are dodged. When on the ring, the boxers are always focused on their opponents, facing them in the face and trying to make a point out of them, I've taken my Time to steadily study the attitude of boxers on the ring and I could deduce that one thing that keeps them going is their focus and ability to take charge of opportunities.
Life is exactly like a boxing match where you have the tendency of winning n losing, many punches of hatred, difficulties and turmoils are thrown towards us, Even the shout (spectators hails) of double standards are spoken into our ears, but you can only win if you take the best out of those punches..... One if my best match is Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather was so defensive but technical, he took opportunities of only the important situations and got a better chance of the game, though his punches where little compared to that of Manny but they were strong and precised, even Manny acclaimed he thought he won the match. I was furious and mad at the decision, I even branded it "OJORO" but later I understood that Mayweather took the advantage of Manny's strength (throwing punches) by being defensive and threw powerful punches at the slight opportunity he got.

Life will always throw punches at u, whether you like it or not you must receive those powerful but never breaking punches, but you just have to be defensive and dogged, you have to understand that life does that to bring you down, but if you can take opportunity of those punches with all doggedness, even life will be amazed on the outcome of your actions.
Those who fear life's punches are destroyed by it, those who wisely receive n exploit are live by it, it is a lesson we must hold on to, it is a lesson we must never forget, that no matter how life punches us we must never set off our eyes from the goal,
That we must never be perturbed, life does this thing to build n bend us on how to live a glorious life, but if we end up losing on that ring (earth), it is because we do not believe in the capacity of what we can do on that ring.

Winning a match isn't just about throwing punches (as evident in Mayweather Vs McGregor), it is knowing when to take punches, studying the movement of the opponent, making a deceptive movement and then throwing a powerful punch.
Opportunities will present itself as unfortunate, this is because it is embedded In the ferocious, risky and venturesome blows of life, but when you understand life's blow as a blessing in disguise, study the movement that warrants it, the situations around it, making a mesmerizing n dicey movement(taking risks) on that ring, with that, summing all your wit and power in your own blow, and sending it at a right time, you'll be amazed to see that that which you have unleashed is an atomic bomb n you won alas via a Knockout.

Panacea

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jabez's Tale (african Edition) / Rape (a Poem) / Oluwa Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.