Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,416 members, 7,781,208 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case (2619 Views)

Dating A Girl Who Is In A Blood Oath With Another Guy / Blood Oath Repercussions??? / I Had A Blood Convenant With My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tonyet1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
I learnt of this yesterday and I've never being this confused all my life.

She grew up to be amongst the few ones you could look at and predict a good future for in my church, and a cool "brother" joined the church a month back this year.

He(19yrs) and She(16yrs old) both began friendship which to many including myself thought was a simple one without strings attached.

You ask my little friend about r/ship and she'll quote scriptures to tell you the norms and vices involved with the act. Trust me she was looked upon as a model by both old and young. She was "matured"!

I received a call 2 nites ago by her mum telling me her baby was acting strangely lately, in her room was pasted the pixes of her newly found love- the young lad everywhere with love inscriptions here and there. then i perceived this as unusual and fixed to talk to her last nite, to my amazement she confessed she's got involved in a blood oath with this young boy who got her into the act. angry angry angry

Presently the girl cannot stay 5mins from this boy, they've had sex like God knows how many times, she is presently looking sicky and pale. I have tried to go through almost every scripture i know but cant seem to find any case of such as a means to the solution.

Pls i need help. What can i do to save my little friend in the church. I learnt it could even lead her to insanity!
cry cry cry
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Bearshare(m): 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
goooosh this one pass me oh! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tudor6(f): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
You have a 'problem' so to speak then you go to a foolish man for solution.

The mother made a big mistake inviting you blue-typing deluded tithing goon.

Have you no common sense that this is just a plain old case of teenage infatuation?

Did the dude put a gun to her head and force her to take the damn oath?

For her to willingly agree to the oath in the first place damning all she's been taught as a christian shows you the level of attraction she's got for the dude.

Its also a well known and documented fact that children become rebellious and highly inquisitive as teenagers so it doesn't really matter if she was quoting the word at age 12, she's a teen now and it goes with the territory.

This is purely natural and simple biology. I wonder why you mor.ons deem it fit to spiritualize everything. Foolish people.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by toneyb: 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2010
Lady Tudor. wink
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by woye77: 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2010
the lady and the boy need to go for deliverance at a good deliverance church, preferably mountain of fire. May God help us.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by toneyb: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
woye77:

the lady and the boy need to go for deliverance at a good deliverance church, preferably mountain of fire. May God help us.

Sure I also will recommend mountain of fire, where their infatuation about each other can be burnt away with the fire of the holy ghost. grin
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by mrkid(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
Tudór:

You have a 'problem' so to speak then you go to a foolish man for solution.

The mother made a big mistake inviting you blue-typing deluded tithing goon.

Have you no common sense that this is just a plain old case of teenage infatuation?

Did the dude put a gun to her head and force her to take the damn oath?

For her to willingly agree to the oath in the first place damning all she's been taught as a christian shows you the level of attraction she's got for the dude.

Its also a well known and documented fact that children become rebellious and highly inquisitive as teenagers so it doesn't really matter if she was quoting the word at age 12, she's a teen now and it goes with the territory.

This is purely natural and simple biology. I wonder why you mor.ons deem it fit to spiritualize everything. Foolish people.

kiss undecided lipsrsealed embarassed cool shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
the mum needs to take her away from the guy's vicinity ASAP.

and keep her away from him for at least 6 months.

lord have mercy.

He cant be a genuine Christian if he believes in blood oaths and the like. He's probably a cultist and up to no good.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tonyet1(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

the mum needs to take her away from the guy's vicinity ASAP.

and keep her away from him for at least 6 months.

lord have mercy.

He cant be a genuine Christian if he believes in blood oaths and the like. He's probably a cultist and up to no good.

@Tpia,

Advices as such as you did came thru' my mind though, but her mum is a widow managing a lil cabin with her kids and being a trader its this same girl that help mama in the market with sales.

At this state i think even if she's taken away she might still make her way thru' to this boy or eventually go insane.

As for prayers we've had series , but then a prayer with solution should be one done in agreement by both parties which they've both rejected

@Tudor,

There are two kinds of folks who make their way to threads, 1. Contributors 2. Pests

the second you are.!.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
she wont go insane.

and in any case, staying in the boy's vicinity doesnt mean she still wont go insane if thats the case.

The mother should find some means of getting her out of there and keep her away from that boy who is clearly a bad influence.

Has she reported the matter to the church elders?
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tonyet1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^ Will taking her out of the vicinity solve the problem? is my question

and yes the case has been reported to the church, as at today the girl has not been found anywhere same with the boy after we held prayers last nite
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
Tonye-t:

^^ Will taking her out of the vicinity solve the problem? is my question

yes it will, especially since the boy is fetish.

Assuming he's the one introducing her to these things
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Mikaela: 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2010
LOL ! A girl is 'in love' and can't stop having sex and this means she had a blood-oath (whatever that means). HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
Mikaela:

LOL ! A girl is 'in love' and can't stop having intimacy and this means she had a blood-oath (whatever that means). HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

get off your high horse and actually read through the thread. This is what the OP typed:

to my amazement she confessed she's got involved in a blood oath with this young boy who got her into the act.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Mikaela: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

get off your high horse and actually read through the thread. This is what the OP typed:

I deliberately ignored that bull. Are you kidding me? You're actually going to believe that because she said so? It didn't occur to you that it might be an excuse to continue doing what she's doing? Oh, I can't stop f[i]u[/i]cking, I did a blood-oath. LOL.
And of course 'the guy introduced her to sex' ! She's 16 and this is 2012 !
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
edit
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Mikaela: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

are you smoking weed while posting here?

IN NIGERIA blood oaths are uncommon.

get that into your thick brain.

rubbish- like you dont have voodoo where you come from?

ode.
Fine, I won't judge your culture. She's a teenager, who can't stop having sex and to you guys it's something supernatural BECAUSE SHE SAID SO? If it bothers the parents so much, why don't the move from the town they're living in? Let's see if she'll 'fly' to go have sex. LOL
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^ who are you btw? I dont seem to have met you before, so let me go easy here since i think i mistook you for someone else.

and stop commenting on things that are above your reading level.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Mikaela: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

^^ who are you btw? I dont seem to have met you before, so let me go easy here since i think i mistook you for someone else.

and stop commenting on things that are above your reading level.
There are so many HUMANLY explanations to her behavior yet you choose to say it's supernatural. Wow.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
what do you think is involved in a blood oath?

ie whats your understanding of it?

If the girl said she took a blood oath, which is commonly done in Nigeria, then why is it so hard for you to believe that?
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Mikaela: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

what do you think is involved in a blood oath?

ie whats your understanding of it?

If the girl said she took a blood oath, which is commonly done in Nigeria, then why is it so hard for you to believe that?

Teenagers when caught having s[i]e[/i]x oftenly look for excuses as to why they're doing it. Simple. This young girl has found pleasure in having sex but blames it on a blood oath. How can you even prove that she actually did a blood oath? Because she said so?
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^ read this and check with wiki if you have any questions:

Blood brother can refer to one of two things: two males related by birth, or two or more men not related by birth who have formed a same-sex union and sworn loyalty to each other. This is usually done in a ceremony, known as a blood oath, where the blood of each man is mingled together. The process usually provides a participant with a heightened symbolic sense of attachment with another participant.

Orvar-Odd's saga contains a notable account of blood brotherhood. The Norwegian warrior Orvar-Odd felt a desire to test his fighting skills with the renowned Swedish warrior Hjalmar. Thus Orvar-Odd sailed to Sweden with five ships and met Hjalmar who had fifteen ships. Hjalmar could not accept such an uneven balance of strength and sent away ten of his own ships so that the forces would be even. The two warriors fought for two days with a lot of blood-letting and poetry, but it was a draw. Finally, they realized that they were equals and decided to become sworn brothers by letting their blood flow under a strand of turf raised by a spear. Then the strand of turf was put back during oaths and incantations.

The Lydia ceremony involved nicking their arms with a sharp object and licking the blood off of each other's arms.

Among the Scythians, the covenantors would allow their blood to drip into a cup; the blood was subsequently mixed with wine and drunk by both participants. Every man was limited to having at most three blood brotherhoods at any time, lest his loyalties be distrusted; as a consequence, blood brotherhood was highly sought after and often preceded by a lenghty period of affiliation and friendship (Lucian, Toxaris).

In Asian cultures, the act and ceremony of becoming "blood brothers" is generally seen as a tribal relationship, that is, to bring about alliance between tribes. It was practiced for this reason most notably among the Mongols and early Chinese. There is some evidence that Native Americans also did it for this purpose.

Blood brothers among large groups was common in ancient Mediterranean Europe where, for example, whole companies of Greek soldiers would become as one family. It was perhaps most prevalent in the Balkan Peninsula during the Ottoman era, as it helped the oppressed people to more effectively fight the enemy. Blood brothers were also common in Serbia, Albania and Bulgaria. Christianity also recognized sworn brotherhood in a ceremony known as adelphopoiesis (in the Eastern Orthodox church) or ordo ad fratres faciendum(in the Roman Catholic church).

Blood brotherhood, highly ritualized and subjected to a strong code, was a common practice in the Caucasus, especially among the mountaineers. Some relics of this tradition survive to this day.

It is still practiced today, but mostly as a throw-back to tribal times. The tradition of intertwining arms and drinking wine in Greece and elsewhere, is believed to be a representation of becoming blood brothers.

In modern times, a common blood brother ceremony includes having each person make a small cut, usually on a finger or the forearm, and then the two cuts are pressed together and bound, the idea being that each person's blood now flows in the other participant's veins. However, such an act is considered highly inadvisable from a medical standpoint due to the risk of blood-borne diseases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_brother
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
Mikaela:

Teenagers when caught having s[i]e[/i]x oftenly look for excuses as to why they're doing it. Simple. This young girl has found pleasure in having intimacy but blames it on a blood oath. How can you even prove that she actually did a blood oath? Because she said so?

the girl doesnt need any "excuses" to explain her actions.

She didnt engage in intimacy with the guy because she took a blood oath. The oath came after the intimacy, which is usually the way it goes.

she doesnt need a blood oath to have intimacy, and nobody would believe her if she said the blood oath was what made her sleep with him, which is what you're implying.

The oath is usually for something entirely different.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Mikaela: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2010
Don't worry. I googled it already ! But thanks.

Read the first post. She took a blood-oath NOW she's acting strange. Apparently she's constantly having sex with the guy. I'm not saying anything about the culture but I think the excuse is very convenient.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by ilosiwaju: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2010
There is nothing like blood oath. It's as real as santa claus.
wink
Tudor, na for you o? Take it easy with this guy now. how u dey sha?
wink
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tudor6(f): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2010
ilosiwaju:

wink
Tudor, na for you o? Take it easy with this guy now. how u dey sha?
wink
I'm cool mi guy. . .just that stupiid superstitious beliefs like this disgust me. . .howz it with ya?
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tonyet1(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2010
Mikaela:

Teenagers when caught having s[i]e[/i]x oftenly look for excuses as to why they're doing it. Simple. This young girl has found pleasure in having intimacy but blames it on a blood oath. How can you even prove that she actually did a blood oath? Because she said so?

Yes you could be right, but when scars are sighted in similar spots common to the two people, would that still be said to be an excuse? If i were you i would rather profer a solution.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Tonyet1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
tpia.:

yes it will, especially since the boy is fetish.

Assuming he's the one introducing her to these things

To the note: their case has been officially reported to the church elders council albeit their absence. A friend who reported seeing my little friend yesterday said she complained of illness as she's barely taken anything of late.

I've been praying and i know with God all things are possible.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
ilosiwaju:

wink

are you a cultist?
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by thehomer: 12:09am On Feb 25, 2010
If she's ill, take her to a good hospital what are you waiting for?
You should also realize that sexual intercourse is very enjoyable. And the refractory period for young people is quite short. You're blaming a blood oath before real possibilities have been eliminated.

I sincerely hope they used some form of contraception.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Ndipe(m): 12:42am On Feb 25, 2010
Take them to a Church for deliverance.
Re: Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case by Nobody: 3:11am On Feb 25, 2010
any Nigerian on this thread who is trying to pretend people do not take blood oaths in Nigeria, is a cultist probably sent to a church to hook someone there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? / Why Has God Not Destroyed Nairaland Atheists Yet? / Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.