Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Is Dream Interpretation In Islam A Sin? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Dream Interpretation In Islam A Sin? (485 Views)

Coronavirus And Islam: A Rational Approach (+WUHAN Technique) / Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? / Dreams And Dream Interpretation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dream Interpretation In Islam A Sin? by MsToyin(f): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2017
Salam Alaikum
Please I want to know if dream interpretation in Islam is a sin
Re: Is Dream Interpretation In Islam A Sin? by Empiree: 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
Walaikun salaam

No. It is not sinful.
Re: Is Dream Interpretation In Islam A Sin? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 05, 2017
MsToyin:
Salam Alaikum
Dream interpretation as in? ...giving meaning to dreams sucks. . TRY GOOGLE UP HADITHS OF RASUL ON DREAMS
Re: Is Dream Interpretation In Islam A Sin? by Newnas(m): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
MsToyin:
Salam Alaikum

Wa alykumussalam wa rahmatuLLaah.

Dream interpretation is not a sin in as much as the ones consulted are people who have studied the Islamic principles of dream interpretation. I remember that Sheikh Mashhoor Hassan Aal-Salmaan a student of Imam Albany wrote a book on interpretation of dreams and it's ruling.

However the best thing to do when you have a dream is to follow what the messenger recommended:

#if it's a good dream say it to only those who sincerely love you and pray to Allah to actualize it.

# If it's a bad dream don't say it to anyone rather keep it to yourself and seek refuge with Allah from it.

It must however be noted that dreams do not abrogate the laws of the Quran or sunnah.
And the more righteous a person is the more likely his dreams are to be true but only dreams of the prophets are certain.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

6 Tips To Help Lower Your Gaze / Why Muslim Have No Sit In The Mosque / Islamic Perspectives On Playing Ludo And Chess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.