Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) (34790 Views)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses / Death Trap Road Along Makurdi Lafia Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by speak2me2015: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
Where are the wheelbarrow that his Excellency bought? Its time to use them and pack sand to fill the road. Pls am not feeling well.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by kruusy: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
I know say d governor go dey pass dat road....him no even send
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by surgebitcoin(m): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
The Road is about to be fixed we just mobilized to the site now.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by 400billionman: 7:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
izicooo:
The solution to this problem is for the federal government to hands off from all roads in this country except those in the FCT. As this will allow responsible state governments to urgently attend to roads in their state. The federal government can't maintain all the so called federal roads efficiently. If this is not done Bad roads will be a perennial situation in Nigeria.

They have refused to restructure. That's the point. It doesn't make sense the FG fixing roads in all 36 States.

Many states will be overlooked.

1 Like

Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by EternalTruth: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
thinkdip:
Their land is getting devastated, pestilence, faming and earthquake is gradually coming to them... they(North) angered God by shedding blood of innocence. The earlier it is for them to realize the better or else, their land shall be no more and their clan be wiped away from the face of the earth.
He who has an ear, let him hear!!!!
Benue is a middle belt and not core North.
Their tribes are TIV and IDOMA, they are not hausas
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by EternalTruth: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
doctorkush:
[s]natural disasters helping us reduce rate at which boko haram crosses territory...

this is a blessing in disguise, let's celebrate.. almajiris northerners cheesy [/s]
wetin u smoke?
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Luizkid(m): 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
I just hope n pray for those travelling that route by night time, this sight does not look pleasant at all.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by galaxi(m): 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
In the south east most FG roads have been in that condition for many years and nothing have been done about it.
Nothing works in this country!

Its unfornate that nothing maybe done for a long while.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. If only our youths can shun tribalism, hate speeches Nd try to do things right,I think we all will be happy. You re so right on this. I so much admire ur reasoning.Safety first,that should be the first priority of a sane government Nd its agent like the road safety officials,but am sorry Nd it hurts to say that they will not do anything to protect livs Nd properties in respect to that road. May God protect the drivers Nd passengers plying that road especially at night. God bless. Happy Sunday.

Sent a message to Solomon, he is one of the special assistants to the governor. He says the governor inspected that road 2 days ago.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Sent a message to Solomon, he is one of the special assistants to the governor. He says the governor inspected that road 2 days ago.
You ve done noble . So nice of u
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by nastik(m): 6:47am On Sep 04, 2017
Only sad stories coming out of Benue. Flood, murder, Suicide and cultism. I await the day I'll see good news like " jubilation in Benue as Ortom finally pays February salaries in October"
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Ogurube: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2017
We reap what we sow.
owukpa:
This is very urgent and important! Please Share this photos until it gets to President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Samuel Ortom, Minister for Works and any other concerned authority, road users from Makurdi to Nasarawa or Abuja, Jos, Kaduna and other states might be stranded by the end of today.

[url]WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM [/url]observed that apart of Federal road which serves as access road from Makurdi to Nasarawa, Abuja and other states collapsed in what appeared to be a landslide at Yelewata, in Guma Local government Area of Benue State, following last night rainfall.
What is left of this part of Federal road, is is just a tiny portion which I doubt could stand for long, with heavy duty vehicles plying that road.

Photo credit: Desmond Ogwu

MORE PHOTOS HERE http://www.idomavoice.com/2017/09/makurdi-lafia-road-collapses-shocking.html

Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Lets hope they block that road today...... Or else, the level of accidents and armed robbers going riot goes beyond comprehension...... Happy Sunday...
. They did not block that road Nd now it has claimed a life.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. They did not block that road Nd now it has claimed a life.

Got a message from Solomon, but it's the usual thing. It's a government road and awaiting for government to rectify......... Words simply fail me, why not block the road, get a team out to fix, and send the bill to the government ?

Our elected officials are not proactive at all........ Unfortunately more lives would be lost ......................... RIP IN ADVANCE .......
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Got a message from Solomon, but it's the usual thing. It's a government road and awaiting for government to rectify......... Words simply fail me, why not block the road, get a team out to fix, and send the bill to the government ?

Our elected officials are not proactive at all........ Unfortunately more lives would be lost ......................... RIP IN ADVANCE .......
. No,am not praying for that .I think they should be doing something about it now.
Re: Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. No,am not praying for that .I think they should be doing something about it now.

The reality on the ground is, they are not doing anything about it. Well, until Abuja sends them a Ghana Must go ...... And you know how long that would take (if ever)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Final Year Student Dies In Motorcycle Crash Shortly After Her Exam In Nasarawa / Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos / Swiss Woman, Nwanyiocha Travels To Anambra, Shares Her Experience. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.