Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) (1391 Views)

President Biden Resumes Work At Oval Office / Trump Sent CNN Reporter Out Of The Oval Office Over ShitHole Countries(Photos) / White House, Oval Office After N1.22billion Renovations(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:59am On Sep 04, 2017
The contents of the letter President Obama wrote giving advice to President Trump have now been revealed.

On Sunday, CNN released the letter President Obama was seen slipping into a drawer in the Resolute desk in the Oval Office during some of his last moments of his presidency.

President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office on his last day in office on January 20, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4848474/The-advice-President-Obama-gave-President-Trump.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:00am On Sep 04, 2017
Two days later President Trump held the letter up for all to see, though said he wouldn't let the reporters in the room know what advice President Obama had given to him.

WHAT PRESIDENT OBAMA WROTE PRESIDENT TRUMP

Dear Mr. President

Congratulations on a remarkable run.

Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't knowthat any advice from me will be particularly helpful.

Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky.

It's up to us to do everything we can to build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable.

It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office.

That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties that our forebears fought and bled for.

Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family.

They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Barrack Obama

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:07am On Sep 04, 2017
WHAT PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH TOLD PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear Barack,

Congratulations on becoming our President.

You have just begun a fantastic chapter in your life.

Very few have had the honor of knowing the responsibility you now feel.

Very few know the excitement of the moment and the challenges you will face.

There will be trying moments.

The critics will rage.

Your "friends" will disappoint you.

But, you will have an Almighty God to comfort you, a family who loves you, and a country that is pulling for you, including me.

No matter what comes, you will be inspired by the character and compassion of the people you now lead.

God bless you.

Sincerely,

GW

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:10am On Sep 04, 2017
WHAT PRESIDENT CLINTON TOLD PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

Dear George,

Today you embark on the greatest venture, with the greatest honor, that can come to an American citizen.

Like me, you are especially fortunate to lead our country in a time of profound and largely positive change, when old questions, not just about the role of government, but about the very nature of our nation, must be answered a new.

You lead a proud, decent, good people.

And from this day you are President of all of us.

I salute you and wish you success and much happiness.

The burdens you now shoulder are great but often exaggerated.

The sheer joy of doing what you believe is right is inexpressible.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Godspeed.

Sincerely,

Bill

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:12am On Sep 04, 2017
WHAT PRESIDENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH TOLD PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago.

I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here.

I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair.

I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note.

I wish you well.

I wish your family well.

Your success now is our country's success.

I am rooting hard for you.

Good Luck

George

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Danhumprey: 5:24am On Sep 04, 2017
But our own Presidents are too lazy to write even a sentence. everything to them is politics filled with acrimony and ethnic sentiment.

4 Likes

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by whirlwind7(m): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2017
Danhumprey:
but own Presidents are too lazy to write even a sentence. everything to them is politics filled with acrimony and ethnic sentiment.

I'll give you a hint on what Goody left for Bubu....

My dear Bubu,
Now that you are about to occupy my seat, you need to realize a few truths.
Governance is not an easy task. There are days you will wish you never contested for this office. Our people are as complex as they are diverse. But don't let it overwhelm you. Always keep a bottle of Sapele's finest near by. A couple of shots before you begin your day can work wonders. The big problems suddenly appears like kindergaten level tests. Trust me.

I took the liberty of leaving a bottle in the bottom drawer for you. I'm sure you can afford a replacement once it finishes.

Take your job seriously, but never take your aides and hangers on that serious, because they are bound to tell you only what they feel you want to hear, not what you need to hear.

I certainly hope the dogs and the baboons won't get soaked in blood, now that you have finally achieved your ultimate goal.

Good bye. Otuoke beckons. You know where to find me in the creeks if you need me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by nero2face: 5:55am On Sep 04, 2017
Lol, naija has well been represented by GEJ... Only if Buhari will allow it continue
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by oz4real83(m): 5:59am On Sep 04, 2017
President jonathan would either have have left no handover letter or hidden it in a place where it can never be found but will innocently claim in public that he handed over the note to the new president. President Buhari would have probably left a note written in hausa language even though hausa is not the official language in Nigeria. Naija I hail ooo!
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 04, 2017
Somewhere in West Africa...they leave huge debts...

1 Like

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Tenkobos(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2017
oz4real83:
President jonathan would either have have left no handover letter or hidden it in a place where it can never be found but will innocently claim in public that he handed over the note to the new president. President Buhari would have probably left a note written in hausa language even though hausa is not the official language in Nigeria. Naija I hail ooo!
Is Jonathan the first Nigerian president? Can you show us what Obasanjo wrote to Yaradua or the one Buhari wrote in 1985?gringringrin

Nigerian leaders are not patriotic bro
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by boluadio: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2017
Good gesture that signifies and portrays
high level of discipline, intelligence, moral
standard, and to crown it all an
overwhelming contagious love for their
nation AMERICA.
It goes beyond personal rivalry and
sentiments, power drunkiness which has
eaten deep into the leaders of the African
leaders.
We can only pray we get there Someday.

1 Like

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by oz4real83(m): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2017
Tenkobos:
Is Jonathan the first Nigerian president? Can you show us what Obasanjo wrote to Yaradua or the one Buhari wrote in 1985?gringringrin

Nigerian leaders are not patriotic bro
u are being sentimental because I mentioned jonathan.it is obvious. U failed to see the part where I mentioned president buhari with his antecedents. I only showed what an average Nigerian leader will do and it cuts across party lines.
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Chanchit: 7:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Had it been its in my country, PDP would Br busy accusing APC of rigging. while some people would threaten to bath you with the blood Of baboon, while others would quickly loot all what they can loot before saying final good bye. And if any remember to write you a letter, if you like your sef, don't open it, cos it might be a letter bomb.
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Bugatie(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2017
Obama just take time write epistle cheesy

But what you can't take out from those guys is their passion and love for public service,...
For them, it's America first.

"You will be our President when you read this note." I love that part.

Well done Mr Explorer
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by medolab90(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2017
Nah is gonna be otherwise here what they leave for themselves is huge burden of debt, enmity, hatred and everlasting blame
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by eyeon(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2017
If it were to be in Nigeria, the contents of those letters might be termed "propaganda".
This country tough no be small. grin
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2017
grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by wunmi590(m): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2017
I was reading this beautiful pieces, and tears was dropping of my eyes.

I was discussing with a friend that Nigerian can never match up with this country 100years to cone, and he was arguing with me, that Nigeria would be better.

Honestly speaking, Nigeria might be a better place in the future, that's if our youth which I also belong to can take the affair of leadership serious.

But we can never match up with America because, I am sure they are not going to fold their hands and sit in one place.
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by wunmi590(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2017
Lalasticlala, please come and do justice to this wonderful thread, lets see if some of our leaders would see it, and start doing same.
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
wunmi590:
Lalasticlala, please come and do justice to this wonderful thread, lets see if some of our leaders would see it, and start doing same.
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by alfred007(m): 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
maturity
Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by emmadejust(m): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
Americans and packaging of perfection image to the world.

Re: Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics) by Blessedgurl(f): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nice and thoughtful words to get their heads in the game.

(1) (Reply)

Joe Biden Imposes More Sanctions On Russia, see the full statement / Barack Obama Is A Novice - And It Shows / Israeli Chief Rabbi Compares Africans To Monkeys (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.