Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (19486 Views)

Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? / Two Cats 'Mysteriously Disappear' In Front Of Traders' Shop (Video) / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by EagleScribes: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2017
morganist99:
Just had a really bad one can't remember a single thing...please help

How did you know that it was really bad if you can't remember a thing about it?
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by dangotesmummy: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
According to scientificamerican.com

WE FORGET almost all dreams soon after waking up. Our forgetfulness is generally attributed to neuro-chemical conditions in the brain that occur during REM sleep, a phase of sleep characterized by rapid eye movements and dreaming.

Infact, for the first few seconds you wake up from sleep, you would not know who you are or where you are.

Here is what WEBMD has to say

Also, it may be harder to remember dreams because during REM sleep our body may shut down systems in our brain responsible for creating memories. We may only remember dreams that occur just before we wake, when certain brain activities have been turned back on.

In Other News
Grandma Jumps Out of Flying Plane at 13,000 Feet On 95th Birthday
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/grandma-jumps-flying-plane-95-birthday.html

4 Reasons Why Women Are Expected To Live Longer Than Men
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/women-expected-live-longer-men_4.html
so how come some churches will say its the work of demons that don't want you to remember your dreams so you won't pray?
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Deegeorge(m): 10:26am On Sep 04, 2017
goingape1:
how do you know you had a bad dream and can't remember it?

Abi ooo ow did u no it was bad if u didnt remember
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Biodun1929(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2017
This happens because the brain really can't tell the difference between what is real and what is imagined or dreamed. If we didn't forget dreams after waking up, we would start losing grip on reality, which might lead to mental problems.
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2017
You are thinking about something thats just the reason you cant remember, dreaming is funny at times, if u think its real then it becomes reality
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Horlami3370: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2017
This happens to almost 999 out of 1,000 people
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by wayaa007(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2017
nifemi25:
It happens like that but it's not that good. Immediately you woke up from the terrible dream you will remember everything but when you slept again and woke up in the morning you can't remember anything about the dream.

I will advise you take your phone and write down some of the key point in the dream immediately you woke up from the dream. I guess with this you will be able to remember back.

Baba, this your English nor be am
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Horlami3370: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2017
Deegeorge:

Abi ooo ow did u no it was bad if u didnt remember

When you had a dream, you'll remember tiny bit of it, if it's a happy one, you'll know and if otherwise, you'll know too although you may not remember everything
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2017
menxer:
That question has a scientific answer, which will require you to read a little about monoamine oxidase and its effects on memory.

Ha! ha! ha!
Please dont make me choke on my tea. You must have the wrong url: this sort of explanation is appropriate for reddit or quora
You think NL readers are prepared to read up MAO and memory from wikipedia or online journals and scientific sites ?
Are you new here ? These guys are looking for metaphysical and spiritual explanations. Quick fixes.
Ha! ha! ha!

Edit:
As expected, they didn't disappoint. Some examples:

Nairasurplus:
If you like the dream, just go back to the same sleeping position before waking up and the dream will continue from where it stopped.
If you don't like the dream, change your sleeping position and you will forget it.
Try it, it works.

Firefire:
This is what we call "Attack on Your Dream Life"

Deliverance prayers from dream attacks - Dr. D. K. Olukoya

Prayer points

1. Every dream of tragedy, I cast you down, in the name of Jesus

2. Every dream manipulation in the heavenlies, I pull you down, in the name of Jesus

3. O God, arise and heal my wounded dream, in the name of Jesus

4. O Lord, arise, bring to pass my good, in the name of Jesus.

(A lot more inanities...)

You can bet there's more to come.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Horlami3370: 10:36am On Sep 04, 2017
wayaa007:

Baba, this your English nor be am

Baba, English no be measurement of intelligence, na ordinary language impose on us by our colonial masters.
So, reading his comment and yours, I can see he passed useful and intelligent information than you do.
Therefore, stop looking for people's Mistakes cos it doesn't add any value to your life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Protein0: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2017
morganist99:
Because "we dream to forget".
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by hayoholla(m): 10:43am On Sep 04, 2017
lestat:

Smh undecided

I was waiting for someone to do justice to that post you quoted with an appropriate emoji till you took it up. Lmao. No mind am
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by lelvin(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2017
Waiting for those that will come and claim its the devils work...

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by ourema(f): 10:46am On Sep 04, 2017
The best answer was the one given by the first person. If you want to remember your dreams then write it down immediately you wake up from the dream. As you continue writing it down no matter how meaningless they seem to appear at first and with descipline you will be able to remember your dreams vividly.

http://www.eckankar.org/dream.html
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Cuteogbus: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2017
menxer:
That question has a scientific answer, which will require you to read a little about monoamine oxidase and its effects on memory.
Biochemist In The House!!!
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Kokaine(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2017
maxiuc:
Me I dreamt of driving a Range Rover Sport
I slept back and saw myself with venza
Somethings and just so wired
wierd*
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Bruno3000(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2017
Biodun1929:
This happens because the brain really can't tell the difference between what is real and what is imagined or dreamed. If we didn't forget dreams after waking up, we would start losing grip on reality, which might lead to mental problems.
I agree with you, some dreams are meant to be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Cuteogbus: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2017
NairalandSARS:
If one take monoamine oxidase inhibitors, would it make one able to remember dreams?
Hmmmmn.. Enzymes In The House !!!
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by maxiuc(m): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2017
Kokaine:
wierd*
chivu thank you
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by LastSurvivor11: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2017
Have u ever been in a situation where you wonder and feel that a certain current occurrence has happened exactly like that before in the past or u have seen it happen exactly like that b4??
These are the dreams u forgot imidiately u woke up..
Learn to write them down if u can..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by LastSurvivor11: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2017
Have u ever been in a situation where you wonder and feel that a certain current occurrence has happened exactly like that before in the past or u have seen it happen exactly like that b4??
These are the dreams u have had earlier but have forgotten..
Learn to write them down if u can..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by AFONJACOW(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2017
I don't like to remember my dreams because if I do nah pure 100% prophecy ,98% of all the dreams I could remember happened, so its better I did not remember it all

1 Like

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Fundamentalist: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2017
.... And later some people will say heaven and hell is just imagination.

Abeg no die
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by slurity1: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2017
Evil forces that don't want you to take action on the dream erasing it from your memory. just pray hard before sleeping and it will stop

1 Like

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by omooba969(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2017
Nairasurplus:
If you like the dream, just go back to the same sleeping position before waking up and the dream will continue from where it stopped.
If you don't like the dream, change your sleeping position and you will forget it.
Try it, it works.

@bolded,

Have you experienced this before? I experienced it once... incredible I must say. smiley
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2017
morganist99:
The trick is to focus on it immediately you wake up. Start with the tiny disappearing bits before they escape completely. Dont allow anything else in your mind at that time. Go through it all over again, every detail. If you go back to sleep, you will still remember it after you wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by omooba969(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2017
AFONJACOW:
I don't like to remember my dreams because if I do nah pure 100% prophecy ,98% of all the dreams I could remember happened, so its better I did not remember it all

I believe remembering your dreams gives you the chance to take control of the situation. Dreams often serve as warnings, revelations, instructions etc.

If you can sort things out on your knees, it puts you in a stronger position over the situation bcoz the Bible records that whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven & whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Of course, I am quoting from a Christian perspective, I don't know what's obtainable in the Muslim fold.
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by tintingz(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2017
OBIGS:
I don't think its normal. A dream is something you ought to remember
It is normal because your dream is just your imaginations, not real.

We forget our dreams because of neurochemical conditions in the brain that occur during REM sleep.

Can you remember all your dreams from childhood?
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by tintingz(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2017
Fundamentalist:
.... And later some people will say heaven and hell is just imagination.

Abeg no die
Heaven and hell are imagination that's programmed to your head by your parents.

There is no evidence of heaven and hell, some religion even believe in reincarnation.
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by YungRichG1: 11:31am On Sep 04, 2017
NairalandSARS:
If one take monoamine oxidase inhibitors, would it make one able to remember dreams?

why did u pm me wetin u wan tell me?
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by tintingz(m): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2017
AFONJACOW:
I don't like to remember my dreams because if I do nah pure 100% prophecy , 98% of all the dreams I could remember happened, so its better I did not remember it all
Dreams are just your imagination, how can 98% of your dream happen? So if you dreamt about flying like Superman you will fly in real life? Lol grin

Better stop lying to yourself. grin
Re: Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? by Biodun1929(m): 11:40am On Sep 04, 2017
Bruno3000:
I agree with you, some dreams are meant to be forgotten.

Yup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"You Must Collect Your PVC" - Pastor Adeboye Charges RCCG Members / How To Handle Dating And Sexual Purity / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.