Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos (49832 Views)

Yul Edochie With His Daughter And 3 Sons (Danielle, Kambi, Karl & Victor) / MC Oluomo, His 6 Daughters & 3 Sons In Atlanta (Photos) / E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching "Agbada" In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by enemyofprogress: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
mamato:
Did any one notice de one with 4:30 eyes?
I sawed it,na dat one him take do ritual for him money
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bakynes(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
A lot of Igbos have been Yorubanized. You can never see any Yoruba man or Hausa man wearing the the Igbo attire except maybe he is to be given a Chieftaincy title in the East. But we see many Igbos wearing the Agbada and the Aso-oke Cap in different parties,functions and events.

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Wetin I do you poverty

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
bakynes:
A lot of Igbos have been Yorubanized. You can never see any Yoruba man or Hausa man wearing the the Igbo attire except maybe he is to be given a Chieftaincy title in the East. But we see many Igbos wearing the Agbada and the Aso-oke Cap in different parties,functions and events.
That style of dressing is mostly a west African thing. From Senegal, Gambia, Niger, etc.. although it's popularised by the Hausas in Nigeria which I think was passed down south to the Yorubas through Islam.

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bakynes(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

That style of dressing is mostly a west African thing. From Senegal, Gambia, Niger, etc.. although it's popularised by the Hausas in Nigeria which I think was passed down south to the Yorubas through Islam.
The Agbada is common in many Western African tribes but not all but the Aso-oke cap that is bent that way like E-money did is exclusive to the Yoruba race. QED
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by hensley059: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
NairalandCS:
When you find out E-Money is on Nairaland as Airforce1. lipsrsealed

May God bless u for this your comment grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
bakynes:

The Agbada is common in many Western African tribes but not all but the Aso-oke cap that is bent that way like E-money did is exclusive to the Yoruba race. QED
I guess this below is what you meant? Surprise surprise!! Even the Aso Oke of a thing is not a Yoruba invention.... May be in Nigeria but these fashions are just the same thing, slightly modified by region.
In the image you can see that the cap is also bent, and it's from Senegal.

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bakynes(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

I guess this below is what you meant? Surprise surprise!! Even the Aso Oke of a thing is not a Yoruba invention.... May be in Nigeria but these fashions are just the same thing, slightly modified by region.
In the image you can see that the cap is also bent, and it's from Senegal.
Modified I thought u said Sudan. Well it is a Yoruba thing in Nigeria and I guess that's where he copied his style from, besides the picture you posted of the Senegalese manwearing the bent cap, I don't think it's Aso-oke Cap.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
bakynes:

Modified I thought u said Sudan. Well it is a Yoruba thing in Nigeria and I guess that's where he copied his style from, besides the picture you posted of the Senegalese manwearing the bent cap, I don't think it's Aso-oke Cap.
North to South Migration theories are not peculiar with the Yoruba ethnic group alone.
No need going back and forth, let's disagree to agree.

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by fitprince: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
this one don take over from airforce 1
you wan snatch this guy from him wife?
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by 9jakool: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

Stop right there! The grand boubou is the clothing style you are referencing and yes it has many variations, but the one Yorubas wear is very distinct as it's traditionally woven with Aso Oke fabric and it's usually less loose compared to the ones from Senegal or Gambia. Don't assume things you don't know. Islamic spread in Yorubaland is recent and only gained popularity after 1800s. Agbada has been worn well before that. In fact, much of the time, Agbada is associated with traditionalists.

You can't claim what is not yours by saying it's a "West African" thing. Prior to the British fabrication of Nigeria, Igbos didn't wear it; it's a simple fact. Yorubas heavily shaped the fashion industry and fashion culture in Nigeria. You know well that you are not sincere without mentioning Yoruba. When did Igbos start to look at Hausa for fashion? How come Igbos don't call it by its Hausa name, which is "babban Riga" since the Hausa popularized it to the Igbos? How come they call it "Agbada" its Yoruba name?

Now back to the picture, is it a coincidence that he happened to be wearing a Yoruba-style hat with a Yoruba agbada? Admittedly the style is modernized a bit, but it's still a Yoruba wear. The native name for that hat he's wearing is "gobi." That agbada is short which has a distinct name which is "gbariye." There is no doubt that Yorubas have heavily shaped the fashion culture and industry in Nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by kuchikau1: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
rodrirodri:
Commot eye for another man body..... make yah own.....
no mind d bastard.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by kuchikau1: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
Xda59:

Was evans not a rich man with how many kids again before he got busted?
change ur mindset.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Dieumerci(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
Millz404:
D first one from the right go sabi bad tin quick
Not really, he's the second son and they are usually go-getters.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
seunAccount:
Why you go steal IamAirForce1 News?

Airfore somebody wants to share the 50k with you. grin
lol...50k airforce1 don chop finish dey find new one.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
9jakool:

Stop right there! The grand boubou is the clothing style you are referencing and yes it has many variations, but the one Yorubas wear is very distinct as it's traditionally woven with Aso Oke fabric and it's usually less loose compared to the ones from Senegal or Gambia. Don't assume things you don't know. Islamic spread in Yorubaland is recent and only gained popularity after 1800s. Agbada has been worn well before that. In fact, much of the times, Agbada is associated with traditionalists.

You can't claim what is not yours by saying it's a "West African"thing. Prior to the British fabrication of Nigeria, Igbos didn't wear it; it's a simple fact. Yorubas heavily shaped the fashion industry and fashion culture in Nigeria. You know well that you are not sincere without mentioning Yoruba. When did Igbos start to look at Hausa for fashion? How come Igbos don't call it by its Hausa name, which is "babban Riga" since the Hausa popularized it to the Igbos? How come they call it "Agbada" its Yoruba name?

Now back to the picture, is it a coincidence that he happened to be wearing a Yoruba-style hat with a Yoruba agbada? Admittedly the style is modernized a bit, but it's still a Yoruba wear. The native name for that hat he's wearing is "gobi." That agbada is short which has a distinct name called "gbariye." There is no doubt that Yorubas heavily have shaped the fashion culture and industry in Nigeria.
You don't have to rant?
Just a few questions?
Here we go again, we think everything started and ended in Nigeria just as we have claimed to be the sole inventors of Jollof rice.

Lemme educate you a lil. The general name for Agbada is "KAFTAN" and that is an Arabic word. That style of dressing originated from the middle East. Brought into west Africa first by slave trade and later by the Tuaregs/Fula through Islam and domination.
Sorry to disappoint you further, Aso Oke (Hand Loomed cotton Fabric) as you know it didn't originate from the South West Nigeria. Cotton, the raw material for this work was introduced to southern Nigeria relatively recently compared to when this has been in existence in the Middle East and India thousands of years ago.. even before the time of Jesus!!!! Similar crafts still exist in India till today!!
Travel a bit and get some education or you can simply google. Duh!
I have never claimed the mode of dressing to be Igbo though but I corrected the first person I quoted who has the exclusive pride in pointing out the origin of the fashion that its not so.

1 Like

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bionixs: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
NairalandCS:
When you find out E-Money is on Nairaland as Airforce1. lipsrsealed
hahahahahaaha
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bionixs: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=IamAirforce1 post=60121457]Some comments tho cheesy cheesy cheesy grin[/quote
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bionixs: 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
IamAirforce1:
Some comments tho cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
no do good witch spotted
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by bionixs: 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=IamAirforce1 post=60121457]Some comments tho cheesy cheesy
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by etoman1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
rattlesnake:
they will soon burst his drug cartel
EP na die you go soon die... see your name RATTLESNAKE grin
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by wonlasewonimi: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
Horlami3370:
Those kids can never know how lucky they are

Like Evans' kids too until they started crying. It's only in Nigeria you don't ask the right questions when money is involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Horlami3370: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Like Evans' kids too until they started crying. It's only in Nigeria you don't ask the right questions when money is involved.

My brother, nobody care about that here.
Lol
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by udemzyudex(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
Always on Agbada, dem forbid am to where him own native attire?
Cute boys.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by nayosman: 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Cute family. I love you all.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Markfemi2: 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
9jakool:

Stop right there! The grand boubou is the clothing style you are referencing and yes it has many variations, but the one Yorubas wear is very distinct as it's traditionally woven with Aso Oke fabric and it's usually less loose compared to the ones from Senegal or Gambia. Don't assume things you don't know. Islamic spread in Yorubaland is recent and only gained popularity after 1800s. Agbada has been worn well before that. In fact, much of the time, Agbada is associated with traditionalists.

You can't claim what is not yours by saying it's a "West African" thing. Prior to the British fabrication of Nigeria, Igbos didn't wear it; it's a simple fact. Yorubas heavily shaped the fashion industry and fashion culture in Nigeria. You know well that you are not sincere without mentioning Yoruba. When did Igbos start to look at Hausa for fashion? How come Igbos don't call it by its Hausa name, which is "babban Riga" since the Hausa popularized it to the Igbos? How come they call it "Agbada" its Yoruba name?

Now back to the picture, is it a coincidence that he happened to be wearing a Yoruba-style hat with a Yoruba agbada? Admittedly the style is modernized a bit, but it's still a Yoruba wear. The native name for that hat he's wearing is "gobi." That agbada is short which has a distinct name which is "gbariye." There is no doubt that Yorubas heavily have shaped the fashion culture and industry in Nigeria.

2 bottle of orijin
The Igbo man so fear and respect Fulani
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by 9jakool: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
Eke40seven:

You don't have to rant?
Just a few questions?
Here we go again, we think everything started and ended in Nigeria just as we have claimed to be the sole inventors of Jollof rice.

Lemme educate you a lil. The general name for Agbada is "KAFTAN" and that is an Arabic word. That style of dressing originated from the middle East. Brought into west Africa first by slave trade and later by the Tuaregs/Fula through Islam and domination.
Sorry to disappoint you further, Aso Oke (Hand Loomed cotton Fabric) as you know it didn't originate from the South West Nigeria. Cotton, the raw material for this work was introduced to southern Nigeria relatively recently compared to when this has been in existence in the Middle East and India thousands of years ago.. even before the time of Jesus!!!! Similar crafts still exist in India till today!!
Travel a bit and get some education or you can simply google. Duh!
I have never claimed the mode of dressing to be Igbo though but I corrected the first person I quoted who has the exclusive pride in pointing out the origin of the fashion that its not so.

Oh spear me my rant, i'm just debunking faulty assumptions. When did I claimed that hand-loomed cotton fabric originate in Yorubaland? There are perhaps thousands of styles that exist and each one is different in its own right. The Aso Oke style is unique to Yoruba. Cotton is a plant that is native to Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Some of the earliest pieces of cotton fabric in Africa date back thousands of years ago.

Arab kaftan looks nothing like a Yoruba Agbada. Kaftans can be worn by both women and men, meanwhile only men typically wear agbada. The kaftan is made from a thiner fabric due to the intense heat in the middle East, while Yoruba agbada is usually made from a thicker aso oke material. Also one last thing, they don't look alike. There are more dissimilarities if you consider the fact that they have different embroidery, textures and pattern.

The only similarities between the two is the fact that they are long tunic/garment. By that logic, then, maybe every single long pieces of garment that are all over the world originate from the Middle east. We can go on and speculate about the possible origin of Aso oke, but I'm not. I'm aware the George's clothing and Dutch wax print clothing that's popular in Nigeria don't have an African origin. It was introduced by Europeans coming from South and South-East Asia.

I know it's hard for you as an Igbo to admit that you copy from the Yorubas. You would rather instead try to remove any link by resorting to inconclusive claims of middle east and India. Middle eastern don't wear agbada, aso oke, or gobi. His style is inspired by Yoruba, end of conversation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Masterclass32: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Adorable.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by rodrirodri(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
Baba ee tire me oooooh......
kuchikau1:
no mind d bastard.
Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Eke40seven(m): 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
9jakool:

Oh spear me my rant, i'm just debunking faulty assumptions. When did I claimed that hand-loomed cotton fabric originate in Yorubaland? There are perhaps thousands of styles that exist and each one is different in its own right. The Aso Oke style is unique to Yoruba. Cotton is a plant that is native to Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Some of the earliest pieces of cotton fabric in Africa date back thousands of years ago.

Arab kaftan looks nothing like a Yoruba Agbada. Kaftans can be worn by both women and men, meanwhile only men typically wear agbada. The kaftan is made from a thiner fabric due to the intense heat in the middle East, while Yoruba agbada is usually made from a thicker aso oke material. Also one last thing, they don't look alike. There are more dissimilarities if you consider the fact that they have different embroidery, textures and pattern.

The only similarities between the two is the fact that they are long tunic/garment. By that logic, then, maybe every single long pieces of garment that are all over the world originate from the Middle east. We can go on and speculate about the possible origin of Aso oke, but I'm not. I'm aware the George's clothing and Dutch wax print clothing that's popular in Nigeria don't have an African origin. It was introduced by Europeans coming from South and South-East Asia.

I know it's hard for you as an Igbo to admit that you copy from the Yorubas. You would rather instead try to remove any link by resorting to inconclusive claims of middle east and India. Middle eastern don't wear agbada, aso oke, or gobi. His style is inspired by Yoruba, end of conversation.
I don't think you researched anything I said at all. The almighty Aso Oke didn't originate in West Africa or Yorubaland.. Travel a bit, you will see that the middle East and India sub continent practiced the craft for thousands of years and even till today...
For the name Agbada, the general name for that kind of clothing is KAFTAN. Each region has specific names for the different style. The ones from West Africa are ALL similar including the Agbada. The Kurdish ancient Kaftan looked everything like the typical Northern elitist
Kaftan (it also has its Hausa name), but as they move from Region to region, there might be very slight modifications.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Aso Oke is sold all over the Indian online shopping space as Hand Loomed cotton Fabric.
I will post pictures of the Nigerian Aso Oke made in Nigeria and also the ones made in India, and you will see that there is little difference in pattern or texture.
1. Aso Oke from South Western Nigeria
2. "Aso Oke" production in India
3. Still on Indian Aso Oke
4. Sales
Please, now tell me the difference
I'll wait...

Re: E-money And His 3 Sons Rock Matching Agbada In Adorable Photos by Akposkibo(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
We are all affected in one way or the other. Lets use every means possible to get the message out there. Don't fold your arms. If you are on Twitter, tweet us #JAMB_COC_WHALA or JAMB in general with at least 10 tweets. We need to trend today.
If you're on Facebook spread the word to all Aspirant groups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Gets Dog For His Daughter, I made Adeleke (PHOTOS) / Chinedu Ikedieze & Wifey Loved Up In Paris [Photos] / Yaw Dabo And Vivian Okyere To Wed Soon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.