Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road (23797 Views)

FG Flags-off Reconstruction Of N3.6bn Lagos-badagry Expressway / Wike Flags Off Reconstruction Of School In Amechi's Community / Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lagos begins reconstruction of Oshodi-International Airport Road

The Lagos State Government on Monday flagged off the reconstruction of the Oshodi - International Airport Road, with a pledge to complete the project within the next fifteen months.

The State Governor , Mr Akinwunmi Ambode , had last month at the quarterly Town Hall Meeting held in Badore area of Ajah , announced that the reconstruction of the road , which is a major gateway to the country, would commence in September , and that the construction would facilitate the transformation of the road to a world class standard.

Specifically, the design of the project include the reconstruction and expansion of the existing carriage to three- lane Expressway on both directions , construction of two - lane Service Road in both directions , construction of Ramp Bridge to provide a U- turn from Ajao Estate to Airport , construction of a flyover at NAHCO / Toll Gate and drainage works.
Others include the removal of existing Pedestrian Bridge at Ajao Estate and construction of Pedestrian Bridges at Ajao Estate and NAHCO / Hajj Camp , construction of Slip Road to provide access to Ajao Estate , construction of Lay - bys and installation of Street Lights , among others.

Speaking while flagging off the project , the State ’ s Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure Development , Engr Adebowale Akinsanya said the commencement of the project was in line with the commitment of the present administration to transform the entire axis, being the major gateway to the country’ s commercial nerve centre .

He said the State Government took it upon itself to undertake the reconstruction of the road being one of the busiest roads in the State with vehicular volumes averaging 50 , 000 vehicles daily , and that its poor state was not acceptable for the status of the State as the fifth largest economy in Africa and the nation’ s commercial hub.

He said some of the fences along the corridor have been identified to be within the right of way , but that government would minimize the impact of the project on property owners .
He said in order to properly carry along people of the area, a stakeholders’ meeting will hold on Thursday to sensitize the people whereby they will have an opportunity to ask the necessary questions .

He said to fast - track the project, three group of workers will work on the project and they would work day and night , while upon completion , the project will be linked to the Oworonshoki reclamation project , which is also ongoing and is aimed at transforming the corridor to a major entertainment and tourism hub .

http://punchng.com/lagos-begins-reconstruction-of-oshodi-international-airport-road/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Basic123: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
This is very wrong.

The state government should write a letter to the onaheze ndigbo to come and develop it.They can develop anywhere and claim 75% ownershipgrin

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Basic123:
This is very wrong.

The state government should write a letter to the onaheze ndigbo to come and develop it.They can develop anywhere
pls, this is not a tribal thread. I beg u in d name of God. smiley

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Grundig: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
I like that they are going to fast track this project by working day and night. But they failed to tell us the duration of the project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
Grundig:
I like that they are going to fast track this project by working day and night. But they failed to tell us the duration of the project.
15 months.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Cinkq: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
wow.,ver happy about this. lagos( yoruba land/ teritory) will keep progressing. if you like call it no mans land or chinese land.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Useless action
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
Keneking:
Useless action
why is it a useless action?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by aybabz101: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Basic123:
This is very wrong.

The state government should write a letter to the onaheze ndigbo to come and develop it.They can develop anywhere

i said stop posting nonsense

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Grundig: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
shervydman:

15 months.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by PapaBrowne(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ambode is making the Fashola and his Federal Government look absolutely incompetent.

Imagine a state has constructed more roads than a whole country.

In 2016, Fashola boasted that they have just approved the highest capital expense in our nation's history. He and the finance minister(I cant remember her name) repeated the same nuisance in 2017. Till today we haven't seen any road construction happening despite all the budget allocations.
Ambode on the other hand doesn't even talk. You just go to a new area and you see it has been transformed.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Ambode is making the Fashola and his Federal Government look absolutely incompetent.

In 2016, Fashola boasted that they have just approved the highest capital expense in our nation's history. He and the finance minister(I cant remember her name) repeated the same nuisance in 2017. Till today we haven't seen any road construction happening despite all the budget allocations.
Ambode on the other hand doesn't even talk. You just go to a new area and you see it has been transformed.
I don't really agree with that......fashola actually laid d foundation for ambode.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by PapaBrowne(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
shervydman:

I don't really agree with that......fashola actually laid d foundation for ambode.

Well, I don't know about that.
Fashola operated in a time of surplus and didn't build as much core infrastructure in 8 years as Ambode who is operating in a time of scarity has built in just 2 years.

Worse still, Fashola's performance at the federal level is as terrible as terror can get!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Well, I don't know about that.
Fashola operated in a time of surplus and didn't build as much core infrastructure in 8 years as Ambode who is operating in a time of scarity has built in just 2 years.

Worse still, Fashola's performance at the federal level is as terrible as terror can get!
everything about leadership and position is building on the previous leaders' success or rectify the previous' failure.

if fashola hadn't cleared oshodi of its mess, will ambode think of developing that axis at this moment?

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by LasgidiOnline(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by soberdrunk(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Why always Lagos? angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by lathrowinger: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
cool
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by hardywaltz(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
Working government

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nwadina77: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
It's overdue, that road is an eyesore n I can't imagine how past govt both in Lagos n Abuja allowed it to deteriorate.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
Welcomed development
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by iluvpomo(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Which construction company is handling this?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
About time...

The SW moves onward!

God bless Yorubaland.

AMEN!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by mmsen: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Grundig:

They said 15 months.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by HeGeMon(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
U are jealous right? wink cheesy angry
Keneking:
Useless action

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by kunle75(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
Grundig:

15 month
Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Wirelessmic(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
shervydman:

everything about leadership and position is building on the previous leaders' success or rectify the previous' failure.

if fashola hadn't cleared oshodi of its mess, will ambode think of developing that axis at this moment?

moreover federal projects can't be compared to state project Ambode decides what happens to money generated in this state while Fashola works with what is allocated to the ministry he oversees. I stand to be corrected.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by mmsen: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
PapaBrowne:

I'm glad that the hype job around Fashola has been killed.

Mr "It's not Rocket Science" used to run his mouth to the media day and night. Where is he now?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by burkingx(f): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by AdonaiRoofing(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
Continue the good job Ambode...second term assured!

Contact us for all your roiofi g jobs and roof maintenance etc

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Flags Off Reconstruction Of Airport Road by Splashme: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
The state governors are trying. The worst is Buhari

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Assembly Crisis: Drama As Obaseki Pays Oshiomhole Surprise Visit (video/pix) / Eromosele Adene Mother: Protest A Fundamental Human Right. They Must Free My Son / Falana: Buratai Should Either Resign Or Be Sacked By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.