Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande (25095 Views)

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend / Abdulmajid Danbilki Commander: Tinubu Cannot Rule Us By Dictatorship / Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by pittoilet(f): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
Former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bisi Akande has said that the brand of democratic system in Nigeria is akin to military junta, noting that political players are not better than military dictators and despots.

The former Osun State Governor also expressed pessimism over the competence of the youths to take over the mantle of leadership, saying there is total erosion of values among the young generation.

“The core value system is no more in place. We have a mixture of the negative and positive tendencies among the youths.

“The negative tendencies are more than the positive ones. How do we get sincere and good future leaders in the present society”.

Akande, spoke when he payed host to members of Pan Yoruba group known as Yoruba Patriotic Movement at his Ila-Orogun, his country home.

He noted that the whole political system and pattern of governance in Nigeria predicated on “governance with impunity”.

He explained that the Nigerian party system was still far from entrenching internal democracy base on carryover of military orientation and gestapo approach.

Akande insisted that the only way democracy could be sustained and nurtured in a party system is to have an independent and virile political parties, the one not tied to the apron string of any governmental institution or structure.

“Political party grew in hierarchy system in those days; whether you are tailor, bricklayer, carpenter or whoever, you must learn politics through your political party.

“You cannot just rise up and say you want to become this, you want to become that in the party. You must learn first. Political party was a leadership training ground.

“But the military deliberately killed that system. The military wanted to be controlling the political party after they left power.

“The military created political party like NRC, SDP during Babangida’s time; we would remember the five leprosy fingers of General Sani Abacha. After they left government, they made regulations for the political parties through the civilian government.

“Up till date, military mentality still pervades our political system. Unfortunately, those who knew the military plan have left the political party leadership. Majority of the people at the leaderships of the political party are those who grew or learn politics in the military arrangement”, Akande opined.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/09/youths-cannot-rule-nigeria-bisi-akande/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by kingxsamz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
post=60131265:

Former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bisi Akande has said that the brand of democratic system in Nigeria is akin to military junta, noting that political players are not better than military dictators and despots.
The former Osun State Governor also expressed pessimism over the competence of the youths to take over the mantle of leadership, saying there is total erosion of values among the young generation.
“The core value system is no more in place. We have a mixture of the negative and positive tendencies among the youths.
“The negative tendencies are more than the positive ones. How do we get sincere and good future leaders in the present society”.
Akande, spoke when he payed host to members of Pan Yoruba group known as Yoruba Patriotic Movement at his Ila-Orogun, his country home.
He noted that the whole political system and pattern of governance in Nigeria predicated on “governance with impunity”.
He explained that the Nigerian party system was still far from entrenching internal democracy base on carryover of military orientation and gestapo approach.
Akande insisted that the only way democracy could be sustained and nurtured in a party system is to have an independent and virile political parties, the one not tied to the apron string of any governmental institution or structure.
“Political party grew in hierarchy system in those days; whether you are tailor, bricklayer, carpenter or whoever, you must learn politics through your political party.
“You cannot just rise up and say you want to become this, you want to become that in the party. You must learn first. Political party was a leadership training ground.
“But the military deliberately killed that system. The military wanted to be controlling the political party after they left power.
“The military created political party like NRC, SDP during Babangida’s time; we would remember the five leprosy fingers of General Sani Abacha. After they left government, they made regulations for the political parties through the civilian government.
“Up till date, military mentality still pervades our political system. Unfortunately, those who knew the military plan have left the political party leadership. Majority of the people at the leaderships of the political party are those who grew or learn politics in the military arrangement”, Akande opined.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by sarrki(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
I kind of agree

Same youths that produced Gani Adams, Evans FFK,Asari dokubo, Nnamdi KANU and shekau to mentioned but few

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by DanseMacabre(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
If I talk wetin dey my mind now, dem go tag am hate speech, so I'll have to make do with 'Bisi Akande, your father!'

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by MhizzAJ(f): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
It's just that nobody takes Nigerian youth seriously again...If not i wonder what someone like Buhari should be doing in power.

The Youths should be at d forefront ...I think the youth can be more useful to national development and democratic advancement

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by mars123(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
Dont worry ehn when your generation don die finish your ghosts will come and rule nigeriya.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by DanseMacabre(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Same youths that produced Gani Adams, Evans FFK,Asari dokubo, Nnamdi KANU and shekau to mentioned but few

And which youths produced the ones that produced those ones?

And don't tell me to ask Google. That's already stale.

15 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Evablizin(f): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ok sir

But the fathers and great grandfathers ruling are not doing well currently grand fathers are ruling yet no positive change rather they are accumulating wealth for their children and children children.

7 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by bossmayor3(m): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
I disagree with you sir, on the note you said no competent youth in this whole Nigeria to lead this grate country, it's a slap to our face. And this is why I blame all the youth for been quiet for too long hopen things will change by him self like magic but how will that bee possible without no machinary put in place, our efforts are needed to chase away those (old fulls)our quietness is becoming somting else" less stand for each other, together we will build naija..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Some are praising e-money, some Churchill, one particular one is a popular Buharist on twitter, I don't even want to go into the street urchins here on NL.

grin grin grin grin

The youths of my grandfather's era are still in power...so we have two generations worth of gap before our turn.

Baba Bisi okáré ooo

6 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nonaira1: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
Niggeria everyone

Just look at that country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
How can you be the leader of tomorrow when you're not a card carrying member of any political party?

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by candidbabe(f): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
So you mean ancestors will continue to rule.
Just like the one in Aso rock right now.
Even when they turn to VEGETABLE.

7 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by ziggyzee: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
"Youth is not a time of life but a state of mind."
The Nigerian youth (a vast majority) cannot be identified with any common sense. They blame the government for everything, forgetting that they have contributed more than any age demography in bringing ineffective governments into power. Five times (1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 & 2015), they've had the chance to subvert the paradigm by removing the old cargoes from power but they prefer to be handed one thousand naira and packet of noodles for exchange for votes, then the revert to kidnapping, internet fraud, armed robbery and other vices when there is nothing left to eat. More prevalent is the application of jungle justice when a common man like them steals a fowl, whereas, the elected politicians and appointees who represent them and steal the country dry are worshipped by same youths. The state of mind of the Nigerian youth is thoroughly maleficent.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by nduboss(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Danny287(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
I agree with this man this is what have always said the youths turn out to be bigger theives compared to the old ones.

take young governors, Senators and even SUG presidents in schools as instance

quote me and go dumb.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by chiefbidemi: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
Chief Akande, as a friend and with all due respect, I want to say you are wrong. Your write up here gives more credence to the fact that Youth should rule Nigeria now.

You explained that the current crop of leaders did learn politics and leadership from the military and led to a military influenced political system.

This is a major reason why all those who have such flawed training and style of leadership should step down and let the young rule. Fresh minds. Fresh ideas. Non-military influenced style of leadership.

By claiming that the youths can not rule and saying what you said, it shows that the old oldies are doing everything to hold on to the reigns of this country.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by LordKO(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
Well, he's entitled to his own opinion, just like every Tom, Dick and Harry does. What's truest though is that some of us lives and plays politics on principle and conviction. Personally, I know that I've what it takes to lead effectively.

I'm only bidding my time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by CannyBrainy(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
What is this one saying again? angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by holluwai(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
Crap!!! Let them try first

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by free2ryhme: 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
pittoilet:

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/09/youths-cannot-rule-nigeria-bisi-akande/

becos youth can rule does not translate to old people shortchanging their future

1 Like

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burkingx(f): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by stanley000: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lol, contigency plan...next person you will see is ini edo saying the same trash...this old men brain sha.....

Atiku think 5million can bribe nigerians sha lol, he will be shocked at the polls 2019

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Robbin7(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
Another mad man not in chains .
Can't even remember the last time I took anything from any APC member serious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by ActionsShure: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
I'm going wildebeest, all on my enemies
Negative energy, I could do anything, I got the guillotine

2 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by kingxsamz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
post=60131263:

3 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by ajepako(f): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

You omitted youths like Yaya Bello and even Ortom...

5 Likes

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by wethebest(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
kk

1 Like

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Dollyak(f): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Same youth that produced you more like. You lots deserve your leaders. *Raise a toast* to more politician stealing and hunger for the gullible masses.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAN Tells Buhari To Forget Second Term Over Killings In Nigeria / Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Is Under Heavy Attack By Suspected APC Thugs PIX / Collyns Owhonda Visits His Constituents In Rivers, Gives Them Canned Drinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.