Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return (511 Views)

Gay Son Who Dumped Homosexual Lifestyle Was Saved By His Mother's Prayer / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Traditionalist Who Didn’t Marry His Baby Mama, Reveals Why. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by fixzylani: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
The story of ‘The Prodigal Son‘ is a definite favourite among Christians. We love it! I love it too because it’s the most explicit description of God’s extraordinary grace. And the lesson is enough to cause any that have gone astray to boldly arise and return to the Father, whose arms are always open, and who is always ready to forgive.

However, I think, like every good thing, it is prone to abuse. Sometimes, people take the wrong lesson from a story. Too many people have concluded wrongly that they can always go back and ask for forgiveness. That they can be good later, and indulge their flesh for a while. This is a very dangerous conclusion to be drawn from a message of God’s unconditional love.

What may not be clearly evident in Jesus’ parable was that the prodigal son still faced the consequence of his decision. Having squandered his wealth, he had nothing to his name. Like the...

READ ON... http://thenakedconvos.com/prodigal-son-didnt-return/
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by fixzylani: 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by revelatiorcm(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
fixzylani:
The story of ‘The Prodigal Son‘ is a definite favourite among Christians. We love it! I love it too because it’s the most explicit description of God’s extraordinary grace. And the lesson is enough to cause any that have gone astray to boldly arise and return to the Father, whose arms are always open, and who is always ready to forgive.

However, I think, like every good thing, it is prone to abuse. Sometimes, people take the wrong lesson from a story. Too many people have concluded wrongly that they can always go back and ask for forgiveness. That they can be good later, and indulge their flesh for a while. This is a very dangerous conclusion to be drawn from a message of God’s unconditional love.

What may not be clearly evident in Jesus’ parable was that the prodigal son still faced the consequence of his decision. Having squandered his wealth, he had nothing to his name. Like the...

READ ON... http://thenakedconvos.com/prodigal-son-didnt-return/

The truth is what you have just said.
Amen
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
WE ALL HAVE AN EQUAL RIGHTEOUS IN CHRIST JESUS THE BLESSED...ALL BELIEVERS HAVE AN EQUAL STAKE IN CHRIST JESUS. WHETHER YOU CAME TO FAITH TODAY OR YOU HAVE BEEN IN FAITH FOR 20YRS NOW...THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION IN CHRIST
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by fixzylani: 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Read
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by fixzylani: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Continue
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by fixzylani: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Read...
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by fixzylani: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
Read.
Re: The Prodigal Son Who Didn’t Return by Tman4real: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
I am in need of a sugar mummy. contact me on 08023395508 . no flashing please.

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Time-Travel To A Certain Point In The Bible / Putting On Earrings/makeups Is Satanic And Umbilical –proves / Is Christianity Being Ridiculed On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.