Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp (25259 Views)

Dating Single Mother You Can't Escape Bill Tie To The Child / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by SkenolProp(m): 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
ok
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Lokoyen(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
snazzy5050:
Yes please get one so that you can be chased out of your marriage....

So househelp is the reason for divorce. I don't understand!
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by snazzy5050(m): 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lokoyen:

So househelp is the reason for divorce. I don't understand!

As good as that write up, there should be a lesson learnt from it not the other way round, i hope you understand now!
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by tens4real(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
ussy09:
My mother almost killed me the day I was sent to go buy salt for a jollof rice that was already on fire, after 2hours of waiting for me, only for my mum to come out to see me in front of the street doing "change your style, yah!, Another style woooo!, be like that!!!"... I was still "being like that" when my mum landed thunder on my left ear.. For complete seven days, I was continuously hearing "mother in the kitchen cooking rice"...
Father in the parlour watching film and children in the garden playing games
n dat is the end of my STORY!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by AZeD1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
snazzy5050:
As good as that write up, there should be a lesson learnt from it not the other way round, i hope you understand now!
Did you just call that write up good?

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
Crap
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by collinsebuka(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
chatinent:

Everyone has their discretion, I just happen to post mine. I was sick two minutes ago sad, now, I'm watchful. smiley

u reported her post?
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by snazzy5050(m): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
AZeD1:

Did you just call that write up good?
No it's bad.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by othman11(m): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
motun2017:
aww thanks cheesy
Those boobs are more prettier .
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by emerged01(m): 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
jashar:
Find a better job. Really? Like it's that easy in Nigeria. Be real abeg....

The whole post reads like you're not in support of mothers working....
It is good you console yourself with Nigeria economic situation but u should know you are working for your kids' future and your peace when you aged. Sacrifice whatever you can to have peace of mind when you are old. And you can only achieve that when you use the energy you have now to train them in the path to walk.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by chatinent: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2017
snazzy5050:
Thanks a lot.
collinsebuka:

u reported her post?
No, a mod did remove her post as it derailed.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by emerged01(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
sugarwiz:
You made it look like na only the woman get d pinkin
Woman has a bigger role play. God will help you to do what you have to do. I'm a man and I know where I was coming from. My experience in life made me to understand na woman get pikin, though not so in every situation. There are still few true men out there that look after their children. If they are many as they should be,we will have less kids under the bridge of oshodi.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by peacettw: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
snazzy5050:
Yes please get one so that you can be chased out of your marriage....

How dramatic. And if I am chased out, what exactly will happen or am I to presume my life will automatically end as well. Kids...

7 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by jaszplus12(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
jericco1:
It's not bad to have a househelp, I'd prefer a part time househelp, the problem arise when the mother allocates everything to the househelp.
yup! if there's a need a wife should get a house help but I don't like to see the house help become basically everything ! wash cook serve clean and even "go and bring my phones" "gimme that bag on the centre table(just 6ft away from you)" "go and give drinking water to my husband" "where are you? come and pick this needle for me(because you can't bend down)" "check the food so it doesn't burn(you don't wanna miss a scene from the movie you're watching)" etc etc!
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by jashar(f): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
emerged01:

It is good you console yourself with Nigeria economic situation but u should know you are working for your kids' future and your peace when you aged. Sacrifice whatever you can to have peace of mind when you are old. And you can only achieve that when you use the energy you have now to train them in the path to walk.

Uncle, I am not working for my children. I know the reason why I'm working or why I would work.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by chatinent: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Smiles.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by snazzy5050(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
peacettw:

How dramatic. And if I am chased out, what exactly will happen or am I to presume my life automatically ends as well. Kids...
Wait till it happens first before you decide your faith
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by jericco1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
jaszplus12:

yup! if there's a need a wife should get a house help but I don't like to see the house help become basically everything ! wash cook serve clean and even "go and bring my phones" "gimme that bag on the centre table(just 6ft away from you)" "go and give drinking water to my husband" "where are you? come and pick this needle for me(because you can't bend down)" "check the food so it doesn't burn(you don't wanna miss a scene from the movie you're watching)" etc etc!
that's right.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Goldfaze1: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mariinee:
Darling. You're really cute smiley
so this heavy advise wey them de give na babe pixs you go de look, I go tell your babe.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Goldfaze1: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
motun2017:
aww thanks cheesy
make I take style check her picx sha.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by emerged01(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2017
jashar:

Uncle, I am not working for my children. I know the reason why I'm working or why I would work.
Ohk Aunty!
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Ladipo10(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
i can relate to your story. Sweet Mother.
ussy09:
My mother almost killed me the day I was sent to go buy salt for a jollof rice that was already on fire, after 2hours of waiting for me, only for my mum to come out to see me in front of the street doing "change your style, yah!, Another style woooo!, be like that!!!"... I was still "being like that" when my mum landed thunder on my left ear.. For complete seven days, I was continuously hearing "mother in the kitchen cooking rice"...

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by vchykp(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
OP i disagree with you, morover one word could have explained all you just typed.. you are saying thesame thing in all the colums..

#myOPINIONtho#

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by peacettw: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
snazzy5050:
Wait till it happens first before you decide your faith

You know nothing about me dear. Trust me, noone died.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Eberex(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
TOO MUCH WATCHING OF NIGERIA NOLLYWOOD VIDEOS

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by babapressy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Tell them oo
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by blaquebelle: 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
chatinent:
No, I am however, I'm stressing 'care,' loveliest.

Op, ur post isn't clear atall. Are you against getting house helps or mothers neglecting their kids. They are definitely not the same thing. That someone helps out in the house doesn't always mean the parents neglect the kids.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Enoquin(f): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lmao! And you all forget that our mothers and their mothers had help in their homes. The modern day woman has it tougher.
FYI, my mum worked all through my childhood still working as a RN/midwife and no my dad didn't sleep with the maids or seek pleasure outside. There are men, albeit few, that know the purpose for which they were created and especially so when it comes to running a house with their spouses.
I don't understand this generation's line of thought regarding men turning to their maids? Come on! That a few men have deplorable characters shouldn't be something that you all should proudly wear as a toga.

Every adult should by now know that there is no handbook or guideline for these things. In the end, you all will adjust to whatever life, your choices and the consequences of your decisions throws at you.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by ImaIma1(f): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Yimu...i will still get a househelp. Children will always know the difference between the househelp and the mother.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
undecided

What about those cousins and relatives from the village that are always helping our mothers? Na wetin una go call them

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by hatedisplace: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
motun2017:
i can never get a househelp no matter how busy i am.
u need one if u live in a one apartment.
Re: 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp by Reference(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Funny. What kind of man will stay in the house the whole day with the help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Missing 3 Siblings In Lagos (Photo) / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.