Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip (30410 Views)

Beautiful Photos Of Different Places In Nigeria / Beautiful Photos And Video Of Elegushi Beach At Night / Beautiful Photos From Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

well said... sadly i wish i could speak fluent mandarin like you do, but after living a year in Beijing (and thinking i could speak some Putonghua), i landed in Shanghai and they spoke Shanghai hua, and i had to almost learn the language again. so no, i didnt have the right skills to reply in Chinese in the remote parts (although i wish i could), especially in the Cantonese side. the flip side was that i felt better treated in the muslim part (Urumqi) than the top cities.

as for moneywise, yes China is also by far the country were i was paid the most... but nevertheless had to move as the weather (pollution) was getting to me.

btw the thought of you sitting in a crowded metro and nobody sits by your side brought so many Chinese memories. lol!

Good one, mate. It's never to late to rekindle your Putonghua flame. Btw, where are located presently? As for me, Hunan is where I've pitched my tent.

P.S: BJ for Beijing is like BJ for blowjőb. Lol!
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
Yewandequeen:
Since I have never been there, let me get a chair and watch you guys converse.

Welcome on board this flight. Would you like window or aisle seat? grin
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
chukxie:

Good one, mate. It's never to late to rekindle your Putonghua flame. Btw, where are located presently? As for me, Hunan is where I've pitched my tent.

P.S: BJ for Beijing is like BJ for Mouth Gig. Lol!

i just moved back to Europe (Denmark) cry cry cry , after 3 yrs in Rio de Janeiro...

gozzlin:

You seem to have traveled widely. Which cities in the world do you think have the highest level of SAVOIR VIVRE?

I plan to tour the world in the not distant future, this info is vital to me. Thanks.

IMHO Paris (of course), Tokyo or anywhere in Scandinavia(Norway, Sweden, Denmark) have high level of savoir vivre... but some places might not have top savoir vivre etiquette but nevertheless be fantastic places to discover (Australia/Brasil/Argentina etc)

remember, visiting a place is great, but if you really want to discover the culture/people/custom of a country, you have to LIVE there for at least 6 months. yes, the touristy bit are nice but when you lose yourself in a city, thats when you will discover some gems about this place, the type of gems you dont read about in tourist brochures.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=60220946]

i just moved back to Europe (Denmark) cry cry cry , after 3 yrs in Rio de Janeiro...

All the best in your endeavours,mate. I hope to visit Denmark some time in the nearest future. Cheers!
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Solitin40: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
OP post pictures na
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by gozzlin: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

IMHO Paris (of course), Tokyo or anywhere in Scandinavia(Norway, Sweden, Denmark) have high level of savoir vivre... but some places might not have top savoir vivre etiquette but nevertheless be fantastic places to discover (Australia/Brasil/Argentina etc)

remember, visiting a place is great, but if you really want to discover the culture/people/custom of a country, you have to LIVE there for at least 6 months. yes, the touristy bit are nice but when you lose yourself in a city, thats when you will discover some gems about this place, the type of gems you dont read about in tourist brochures.

Wow, fantastic!

Thanks so much for this piece of info. It'll sure come in handy. I appreciate.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
chukxie:
All the best in your endeavours,mate. I hope to visit Denmark some time in the nearest future. Cheers!

Thanks, yes Scandinavia is a great cold place to discover. what about you? where are you located (when away from China)?

gozzlin:

Wow, fantastic!
Thanks so much for this piece of info. It'll sure come in handy. I appreciate.

you are welcome
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Yewandequeen(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
chukxie:

Welcome on board this flight. Would you like window or aisle seat? grin
jwindow na
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Thanks, yes Scandinavia is a great cold place to discover. what about you? where are you located (when away from China)?

you are welcome

I'm domiciled in China for now because of my work and family.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Yewandequeen:
jwindow na

Please, sit. Our seats are very comfortable with ample room for your legs. What would care to drink - Olomo, Hennessey, Jack Daniels or Kparaga?

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Yewandequeen(f): 2:50am On Sep 08, 2017
chukxie:

Please, sit. Our seats are very comfortable with ample room for your legs. What would care to drink - Olomo, Hennessey, Jack Daniels or Kparaga?
I don't do alcohol, chilled juice/Chapman will do just fine.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2017
Yewandequeen:

I don't do alcohol, chilled juice/Chapman will do just fine.

At your service. Here you are!
Enjoy the flight, ma'am!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Yewandequeen(f): 7:30am On Sep 08, 2017
chukxie:

At your service. Here you are!
Enjoy the flight, ma'am!
awwwww ure so nice grin

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2017
Yewandequeen:
awwwww ure so nice grin

Ladies should be treated with courtesy.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
chukxie:

Ladies should be treated with courtesy.
Words to live by. Nice one sir.
I've truly gained a lot from you and MrBrownJay1.
But MrBrownJay1 can travel sha! It's good.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

My pleasure. I read somewhere that life's too short to be lived in just one place. Travel around as much as you can. Experience the kaleidoscope of life. Eat new foods. Make new friends. Experience different cultures. Learn new languages... And when time's spent; and all is done, then you can beat your chest and unequivocally say " I came, I saw and I conquered"! Have a glorious weekend, my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed the flight. It's good night from China. Wan an ( Good night in Chinese)

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by HyDef(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
chukxie:

Hailings to you my guy! Longest time! Our photo thread dey vegetative state ooo. It needs resuscitating oooo! Some guys here have been alluding I probably grabbed those photos from God-knows-where. I laugh in Chinese grin

Yes, I might drop a few deserving pictures there to see if it can be brought back to life. You can drop some of these wonderful pictures as well! grin

Hehe, if only they knew your gift with the camera, they wouldn't speak such words! angry

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
chukxie:

My pleasure. I read somewhere that life's too short to be lived in just one place. Travel around as much as you can. Experience the kaleidoscope of life. Eat new foods. Make new friends. Experience different cultures. Learn new languages... And when time's spent; and all is done, then you can beat your chest and unequivocally say " I came, I saw and I conquered"! Have a glorious weekend, my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed the flight. It's good night from China. Wan an ( Good night in Chinese)

true words of wisdom!!!

ferhyntorlah:

yes, traveling has been a huge passion of mine, and ever since i could travel (17yrs old), i left home and havent lived back home ever since....its been +20yrs. there are ups and downs, there are positives and negatives, there are huge sacrifices and fantastic rewards but... the feeling of moving to a new country, where you know no one, probably dont speak the language, and losing yourself in that city, discovering new smell, new faces, new ways of communicating, new ways of living, new ways of loving IS JUST SO ADDICTIVE. my luck is that there are still so many places for me to discover in this world, but sadly, i probably wont have the time to live in all of these places before i die.

this is not for everybody as you are often away from family and loved ones for long periods, but with the right open mind and an adventurous spirit, its a walk in the park.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 12:02am On Sep 09, 2017
HyDef:

Yes, I might drop a few deserving pictures there to see if it can be brought back to life. You can drop some of these wonderful pictures as well! grin

Hehe, if only they knew your gift with the camera, they wouldn't speak such words! angry

Thanks for those kind words, bruv! Have a blessed weekend.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

true words of wisdom!!!

yes, traveling has been a huge passion of mine, and ever since i could travel (17yrs old), i left home and havent lived back home ever since....its been +20yrs. there are ups and downs, there are positives and negatives, there are huge sacrifices and fantastic rewards but... the feeling of moving to a new country, where you know no one, probably dont speak the language, and losing yourself in that city, discovering new smell, new faces, new ways of communicating, new ways of living, new ways of loving IS JUST SO ADDICTIVE. my luck is that there are still so many places for me to discover in this world, but sadly, i probably wont have the time to live in all of these places before i die.

this is not for everybody as you are often away from family and loved ones for long periods, but with the right open mind and an adventurous spirit, its a walk in the park.

Thanks for taking time to reply my comment. I also share your travel passion but not as intense as yours. I love travelling, it's educative, mind blowing and an amazing adventure.

It's one of the reasons I love watching The Amazing Race and it's variants. It's TV travel for me.

Anyone who love adventure and exploration will love travelling.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
chukxie:

True words you have there. Life is really too short.

I wanna be like you sir when I grow up.
Smiles!
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

True words you have there. Life is really too short.

I wanna be like you sir when I grow up.
Smiles!

May God make you to be the person He created you to be. Good evening from here.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2017
MadManTalking:
We have the capacity and resources to have structures that are better than those but these men right here looted and squandered our common resources then divided us along ethnic and religious lines and we are now attacking each other like dogs struggling for pieces of bones.
grin grin grin
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2017
It's really like a heavy sin to me, if one dies without ever leaving his immediate geographical location...
May God help those of us who want to travel out to explore the world, but experiencing financial constraints.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
edehgeorgeC:

It's really like a heavy sin to me, if one dies without ever leaving his immediate geographical location...
May God help those of us who want to travel out to explore the world, but experiencing financial constraints.

May your prayers be answered. Amen! Before travelling abroad, ensure you have a blueprint of what you're travelling there for - a positive blueprint that is. In 2004, I travelled alone to South Korea; and I've never looked back ever since. I've been very fortunate to travel to a couple of other countries since my solo trip to South Korea. Travelling is fun I must tell you especially if you have a visa that guarantees you to legally live and work. Good luck, bro!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
Amen!
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Grabbeast: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
chukxie:

Having been to Tokyo and the other cities I listed I can truly say Tokyo takes the crown in terms beauty, organisation, and some other positive urban indices. Singapore would follow closely on the heels of Tokyo. On the issue of the Chinese lacking "Savoir Vivre" is subjective depending on how one looks at it. Trust me, mate, I know what you meant because I've lived in China long enough to know how outrageously repulsive some Chinese folks act.

I have an important question for you, as someone who has experienced living in Tokyo Japan. How does the Japanese people view black Africans? Do they look down on them, discriminate against them, treat them differently in a bad way or something. Or they don't do such.

I love the japanese arts and culture and see it as one place I would love to visit and live when I can, but if they black differently in a bad way then I would rather not do so.

I know this comment is late, but this question is important to me, please answer it.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 5:39am On Dec 03, 2017
Grabbeast:

I have an important question for you, as someone who has experienced living in Tokyo Japan. How does the Japanese people view black Africans? Do they look down on them, discriminate against them, treat them differently in a bad way or something. Or they don't do such.

I love the japanese arts and culture and see it as one place I would love to visit and live when I can, but if they black differently in a bad way then I would rather not do so.

I know this comment is late, but this question is important to me, please answer it.

There will always be people who are intolerable towards people who look different from them. Also, there are racists in every country. These are realities we have to accept and live with. Generally speaking, Japanese people are very hospitable, warm but conservative. Their conservativeness stem from their culture - one that extols quietness and shuns garrulity. So, if a Japanese doesn't like you, he would be silent about it for a bearable amount of time rather than telling it to your face immediately. Japan is a beautiful country with a long history, culture and tradition. To enjoy Nippon( old name for Japan), you should learn the language, respect their customs and traditions and also try some Japanese foods. I spent just a few months in Japan, and I can say those months were well spent. Good luck on your quest to move to Japan.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by Babysho(m): 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
chukxie:
More pics.

Happy Birthday. I was just going through your threads and saw that it's your bday lol. I wonder what it's like to celebrate a birthday in China..
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
Following the footsteps of Babysho, I say happy birthday to Mr Chukxie.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip by chukxie(m): 12:30am On Feb 10, 2018
ferhyntorlah:
Following the footsteps of Babysho, I say happy birthday to Mr Chukxie.

Thanks, my friend. I appreciate it. How's everything going? All the best to you in 2018.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Makurdi Hotel In October / Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) / UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.