Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,110 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video (36053 Views)

Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / Generator Fumes Kill Two Ladies In Edo (Photos) / Mother Of 4 Remarries, Walks Down The Aisle By Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by dingbang(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2017
pcguru1:
You know on my gen I saw this message, and I thought who would ever need to read such that its obviously dangerous but now I think people need to be educated about this. And most times am sure they are worried about security of the generator
its not about the security only. Some people are so stingy that they worry about rain falling on their gen if they keep it outside so they decide to keep in close to their corridors...

They can't spend the least 2-3k in constructing a generator house with wood and zinc or metal.

So it cuts across silly reasons.. Penny wise, life foolish
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by funimages: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2017
Angelanest:
A couple, Imafidon Ototie and his wife, were on Monday found dead in their apartment at Ikpoba-Okha local government area of Edo State. There were reportedly killed by fumes from a generator inside their apartment. .The power generating set was placed at the corridor of the deceased’s room. One of their sons was rushed to hospital for medical care.

The couple’s bodies were discovered by one of their sons, Bright, who did not sleep at home that day. .Bright said he raised alarm when he returned home on Monday morning and discovered that his parents were yet to get up from the bed.

He said to ITV : “I have warned them to put off the generator but they didn’t listen to me. .It is like a spirit told me to leave the house and I left. I came back and saw the door locked so I raised alarm.” Their eldest daughter, Blessing, said she had warned her late parents to always put off the generator at night.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/tragedy-generator-fumes-kill-couple-edo-state-photos.html

HATE SPEECH SERIES: SEUN DID NOT JUST DIE. SOMEONE'S HATE SPEECH KILLED HIM!

"Pray for me Uncle. They are coming for us at the police station and the policemen are running away. They are about setting the station on fire. Please pray for me."

These were the last words of Adewunmi Seun Paul, a graduate of political science and native of Imojo-Ekiti, Ekiti State. He was one the youth corps members killed in Bauchi on April 19, 2011. He was actually calling the then Venerable (Now Bishop) Samuel Ojo who was then Provost of African Church Cathedral, College Road, Ifako, Ogba, Lagos. That is where I worship.

Seun did not just die. He was killed. Gruesomely killed. Ironically, no one was put on trial for his death and those of others. They were: Teidi Tosin (Kogi), Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa), Okpokiri Obinna (Abia), Gbenjo Ayotunde (Osun), Ukeoma Chibuzor (Imo), Nwazema Chukwuonyerem (Imo), Adeniji Jehleel (Osun) and Akonyi Sule (Kogi).

Some of those who killed these lights of their families probably walk free on the streets of Bauchi today shouting "Sai Baba"; the same thing eye witnesses said they were shouting as they macheted Seun and his colleagues to a most painful death!

If today hate speech (or anything close to it) has become an offence, Seun and his colleagues were killed because someone lost an election he was never destined to win in the first place and resorted to hate speech!

Candidate Mohammadu Buhari of the now defunct CPC had worked his supporters to believe that he could only lose the election if it was rigged, they went on rampage and targeted NYSC members. It was in same Bauchi that he told his frenzied supporters:

"Let us get the Kafri out of Ask Rock."

Till tomorrow, Buhari never condemned the violence. In fact, he more or less goaded them on. Baboons were really soaked in blood as he said in his "love" (not hate) speech. Yet, hear same Buhari in 2017:

"Opposition does not mean hostility, enmity or antagonism. Democracy needs opposition, one which is vibrant but responsible."

As we continue this debate on hate speech, we need to know where we are coming from. Let those people, especially Yorubas, who could die for Buhari go and visit Seun's still agonising mother and pray:

"MAY YOUR FATE BEFALL US MA"

Then I will know they really love their man!

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8asDtIXWM
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2017
It's unfortunate... may your souls find rest.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by Inspire01: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2017
Thallyheart:
... Tanks
U welcome
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by donqx: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2017
sad
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by davillian(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
cr7rooney10:
Y cant we learn fom our mistakes dis is not d first time of this type of news
When death is after a man it blocks the brain,ear,eyes and mind.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by pally123: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Thallyheart:
Rip to dem... I'm I the first
Yes you are. And the poster after you came like 2 hrs later!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video by FutureLeader00: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thallyheart:
Rip to dem... I'm I the first
I sent u a pm, check your email

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food / Child Found Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway Presently At Ibafo Police Station (pho / 10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.