Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark (2154 Views)

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. / Mbe Nwaniga Compares Ojukwu's Biafra To Kanu's Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2017

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu is talking nonsense – Clark

Wale Odunsi
2 mins ago

Ijaw leader, Edwin Clark on Tuesday condemned the Biafra agitation led by Nnamdi Kanu.

He also condemned the quit notice by the Arewa coalition to Igbos in the North.

Clark spoke when the Chairman, Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debt, Sen. Shehu Sani, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja.

He said, “When Kanu talks about Biafra, he is talking nonsense. We do not want a second war.

“America fought their civil war for a long time and they are not thinking of a second one. Kanu should drop the agitation.
“At the same time, it is arrogant and foolish on the part of some Northern youths to issue quit notice. You do not own the North. It is part of Nigeria and anybody can live there.

“The Igbos have been living in the North for over 100 years. I condemn all of them.
“We have been living together since 1914 and from time to time, we have been changing the way of our lives.
“In 1947, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe said the Richard Constitution was obnoxious; that it was anti-people. In 1950, we had the Macpherson Constitution which created the three regions and in 1963, we had another constitution.

“During all these constitutions, the issue of fiscal federation was very prominent. So, we have been restructuring this country and nobody talked about breaking up the country.

“The war between 1967 and 1970 was an unfortunate one.”

On clamour for regionalism, Clark said “you cannot abolish the states now and say you want six regions. It is not going to be easy or possible now.

“I feel we should use the same states as federating units and the local governments should remain with the states.”

In his remarks, Sani said, “The problem we have with devolution of power is how to tackle some of the problems that come with it.”
“For example, the present crop of governors might not be able to handle state police in a manner that people who disagree with them can be safe.
“Secondly, the manner in which elections are conducted by state independent electoral commissions where the ruling party in state wins all positions is worrisome.
“So, if we devolve the police, we have to allay the fears of people on the implications. Those who are championing some of these issues need to make clarifications.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/05/biafra-nnamdi-kanu-talking-nonsense-clark/amp/
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Nwodosis(m): 6:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Good that you are mentioning Nnamdi Azikiweg, what will you be remembered for in Ijaw nation and the country at large?

6 Likes

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Obascoetubi: 6:30am On Sep 06, 2017
flatinoz come & hear what our brother from S/S was saying

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by omenkaLives(m): 6:41am On Sep 06, 2017
“For example, the present crop of governors might not be able to handle state police in a manner that people who disagree with them can be safe
First time I think I'd agree with the ol' man.

This has always been my misgiving about the idea of state police. Granting these present crop of politicians such at the state level will only make them better come far greater despots than they already are at the moment.

Per his talk about "certificateless" Kanu, I'd rather pass. I no want my wives to come dey cry for my ears this morning. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by shamack: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2017
God lead us to the right part

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Aufbauh(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2017
Rightly so Chief Clark! The demeanour and reputation of a man who leads a political struggle tell much about the probable outcome of the struggle.

So far so good, Biafra agitation is as nonsense as Nnamdi Kanu himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Cyynthia(f): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2017
omenkaLives:
[s][/s]First time I think I'd agree with the ol' man.

This has always been my misgiving about the idea of state police. Granting these present crop of politicians such at the state level will only make them better come far greater despots than they already are at the moment.

Per his talk about "certificateless" Kanu, I'd rather pass. I no want my wives to come dey cry for my ears this morning. cheesy[s][/s]
Issue of certificate is very lame, use strong propaganda against Kanu because this one is very boring.
We all know the stupiid idiot that does have certificate, yet he was able to brainwash his miserable worshipers to vote for him.
Try harder old man !!

4 Likes

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by tayebest(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2017
Nwodosis:
Good that you are mentioning Nnamdi Azikiweg, what will you be remembered for in Ijaw nation and the country at large?

He will surely be remembered for been among the committee in dialogue with the FG and curbing the menace of the Niger Delta Avengers. tongue

1 Like

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by attackgat: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2017
How can states be the federating units of Nigeria? Does this old man realise that states are the mere creations of the military? How can they be federating units?

2 Likes

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by hatchy(f): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2017
hmmm
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by CuteMaro(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2017
The recent trend by the Glo network provider in deducting #20 daily fee from subscribers for absolutely nothing is totally criminal in it's entirety. Something should be done about this before it escalates. This is unacceptable. These guys have either lost control or are just being mean. Either way, Glo smells of incompetence right now.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by kocvalour(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Old men that lack Knowledge...

Biafra is here to stay

1 Like

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by omenkaLives(m): 6:53am On Sep 06, 2017
Cyynthia:
This one was the last bride price I paid. cheesy

Good morning honey. Sorry you didn't see me last night. I was busy tending to your senior. Will make it up to you tonight. wink
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Omeokachie: 6:53am On Sep 06, 2017
Chief don vex.

Kanu was first to accuse and insult the man. This is just tit for tat. He will soon claim to have been misquoted.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Cyynthia(f): 6:56am On Sep 06, 2017
omenkaLives:
This[s][/s] one was the last bride price I paid. cheesy

Good morning honey. Sorry you didn't see me last night. I was busy tending to your senior. Will make it up to you tonight. wink[s][/s]
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Willybos(m): 7:01am On Sep 06, 2017
K
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by DanseMacabre(m): 7:09am On Sep 06, 2017
It's becoming rather obvious: Clark is getting senile.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by clarocuzioo(m): 7:11am On Sep 06, 2017
It's very unfortunate when people that are supposed to be leaders and elderstatesmen in this country exhibit a high level of myopic attitude, it's very sad the kind of reasoning from our elders and those we are to look up to.
First of all, Sir Edwin Clark the call for referendum is not a call for war, this is the 21st century, and referendum is been applied in various dimensions when issues of political, economic, social , educational, or otherwise are in contention, it is subjected to a referendum for people to express what they want, recently ASUU called for a referendum to decided on the way forward, was that a call for war??
And also there's even a possibility that if the Nigerian government calls for a referendum, people who wants Biafra, may not have enough votes because some Igbos in the North, and west who have their businesses outside Igbo land may not vote for Biafra , because they will think of their investments, e.g. you don't expect the likes of G. U. O, Young Shall Grow, Ifeanyi Uba, and other business moguls to support Biafra, it will definitely affect their business.
And also as the Nation progresses and advances, definitely there will be other issues of national concern that will be subjected to referendum, does that also means calling for war??
Referendum simply means a general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision, it is not a call for war.

1 Like

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by theophorus(m): 7:19am On Sep 06, 2017
...Pa. Edwin Clark please give us a way forward.

Please when is Nnamdi KANU coming to Lagos? We are waiting ooo.

#We are Our own problem. Every Nigerian is selfish and Our Leaders are a reflection of who we really are.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by babyfaceafrica: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2017
Not bad from a 90 year old man.....
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2017
clarocuzioo:
It's very unfortunate when people that are supposed to be leaders and elderstatesmen in this country exhibit a high level of myopic attitude, it's very sad the kind of reasoning from our elders and those we are to look up to.
First of all, Sir Edwin Clark the call for referendum is not a call for war, this is the 21st century, and referendum is been applied in various dimensions when issues of political, economic, social , educational, or otherwise are in contention, it is subjected to a referendum for people to express what they want, recently ASUU called for a referendum to decided on the way forward, was that a call for war??
And also there's even a possibility that if the Nigerian government calls for a referendum, people who wants Biafra, may not have enough votes because some Igbos in the North, and west who have their businesses outside Igbo land may not vote for Biafra , because they will think of their investments, e.g. you don't expect the likes of G. U. O, Young Shall Grow, Ifeanyi Uba, and other business moguls to support Biafra, it will definitely affect their business.
And also as the Nation progresses and advances, definitely there will be other issues of national concern that will be subjected to referendum, does that also means calling for war??
Referendum simply means a general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision, it is not a call for war.

You are not in total control of whether it will become war or not. Just the way You have the right to ask for referendum as peaceful negotiation, so also is the people you are negotiating with has the right to interpret it as war. You are not in total control of what you are asking for. It is very myopic or dumb of you to think things will only happen the way you see it. What you call peaceful another can call war. it is all about interpretation. None is superior to the other. it is about interest. Everybody use any means he considered beneficial to their interest. To you it may be peaceful negotiation, but to the North it has to be war. You alone cannot decide what constitute war or peace.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2017
Hehehehe
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by clarocuzioo(m): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2017
life2017:

You are not in total control of whether it will become war or not. Just the way You have the right to ask for referendum as peaceful negotiation, so also is the people you are negotiating with has the right to interpret it as war. You are not in total control of what you are asking for. It is very myopic or dumb of you to think things will only happen the way you see it. What you call peaceful another can call war. it is all about interpretation. None is superior to the other. it is about interest. Everybody use any means he considered beneficial to their interest. To you it may be peaceful negotiation, but to the North it has to be war. You alone cannot decide what constitute war or peace.

Between me and you who is myopic, did you just hear yourself?? " people have a right to interpreted restructuring as war"? Jesus Christ what kind of human beings with barbaric thinking do we have in this country, these are some of the pointers that goes a long way to prove this country is not one, because of our thinking, way of lives and different religion?? ? The North has always been known to exhibit violent tendencies as they did in 2011 elections where Corps members serving their father land were slaughtered like cows, the question is for how long will we continue to tolerate their violent and barbaric tendencies, knowing fully well that nobody has a monopoly of violence?? ?

Recently ASSU called for referendum to decided a way forward, was that a call for war?? ? God have mercy on us with the kind of animalistic thinking set of human beings we have in this country. Go to Britain and tell them that a call for referendum is a call for war and see if you will not be taken to a psychiatric hospital.

Referendum is not and can never be a call for war.

2 Likes

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Nwadiuto247: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2017
omenkaLives:
First time I think I'd agree with the ol' man.

Per his talk about "certificateless" Kanu, I'd rather pass. I no want my wives to come dey cry for my ears this morning. cheesy

Read again. It wasn't the old man that made the point about state police and state electoral bodies. It was senator Sani and i agree totally with him. I also agree with the old man on running the country in states and LGA as it is currently. Regional govt is not the best. Just a few adjustment in our constitution is what we need.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by SlayerForever: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2017
clarocuzioo:

Between me and you who is myopic, did you just hear yourself?? " people have a right to interpreted restructuring as war"? Jesus Christ what kind of human beings with barbaric thinking do we have in this country, these are some of the pointers that goes a long way to prove this country is not one, because of our thinking, way of lives and different religion?? ? The North has always been known to exhibit violent tendencies as they did in 2011 elections where Corps members serving their father land were slaughtered like cows, the question is for how long will we continue to tolerate their violent and barbaric tendencies, knowing fully well that nobody has a monopoly of violence?? ?

Recently ASSU called for referendum to decided a way forward, was that a call for war?? ? God have mercy on us with the kind of animalistic thinking set of human beings we have in this country. Go to Britain and tell them that a call for referendum is a call for war and see if you will not be taken to a psychiatric hospital.

Referendum is not and can never be a call for war.

That his response was so stupid.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by CyRusdavirus: 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
CLARKE EDWIN. BETTER GO BACK TO LONDON. U ARE A TOTAL DISGRACE!
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by richeso: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
Clark spoke when the Chairman, Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debt, Sen. Shehu Sani, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja

an housa man visit one big idiot who stays in Abuja, what do we expect him to say ?

any leader of any part of SS or SE that resides in Abuja is not our leader and do not have our voice.
come stay for your own land and talk that shit again, lets see if you wake up peacefully the next 48hours . idiot
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by frankdoz25: 12:31am On Sep 08, 2017
this old fool must understand that ijaw nation is fully out to restore biafra so his opinion dont count anymore.
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by pazienza(m): 3:08am On Sep 08, 2017
SlayerForever:

That his response was so stupid.

Yet, that response came out of a mindset that is prevalent in SW and North and shared in common by most of the people from those parts.

2 Likes

Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Amberon11: 7:23am On Sep 08, 2017
Foolish Igbos always insulting anyone who disagrees with their Biafra. Edwin Clark a well renowned Ijaw leader has countlessly dissociated Ijaw from Biafra, IYC the unmbrella union of the ijaws have denounced biafra severally but these retar.ds won't hear, they would rather follow the words of the militant Asari Dokubo.

#senseless
Re: We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark by Danladi7: 8:17am On Sep 08, 2017
The yIGBOs will no condemn there ijaw master for againsting restructuring but will rush to Ibadan declaration thread to shout "coward" and "betrayal".

Beautiful cowards and deludeds.Afonjas are their nemesis!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Breath Of Fresh Air: Politicians And Dry Mouth / 2019 Election: I Must Be President Of Nigeria – Atiku / Senator, Others Dump APC In Adamawa Over Injustice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.