Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office (8118 Views)

EFCC Ransacks Ex Vice President, Sambo’s Abuja Office, Seize $50,000 / Discovered: Jonathans $19.3 Million Property In Atlanta...... Sahara Reporters / I Have Never Seen A Muslim Who Supports Jonathans Re-election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Beaf: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Updates as they happen

1333 - Officials of the State Security Service (SSS) ransack office of the Vice-President.

1326 - Unconfirmed reports quote sources at Aso rock as saying that the Acting President Goodluck Jonathan will resign at the 2PM meeting and some ministers might go with him.

1245 - Action Congress says the "mere presence" of the president is not enough for him to resume power. Publicity secretary, Lai Muhammed, says the president must now write a letter to nation assembly to announce that he is fit for office.

1239 - Senate begins third reading of Section 145 ammendement bill. On the same day that it passed the second reading.

1232 - Army official detailed to receive president at airport this morning claims that Mr. Yar'Adua "walked" into the waiting ambulance. This is unconfirmed.

1220 - Secretary to the government of the federation, Yayale Ahmed, announces that the weekly federal executive council meeting has been postponed. The Acting president will still meet with his cabinet in his office at 2pm but this will be a private meeting. No reference made to President Yar'Adua's health or return. He is not expected however to attend the meeting between Goodluck Jonathan and his cabinet.

1153 - Senate goes ahead to conclude debate amending section 145 of the constitution without any mention of President Yar’Adua’s return.

1135 - Jonathan is waiting, trying to avoid embarrassment by staying away and waiting for the president who is taking eternity to come out

1134 - Senate makes no reference to the president's return and continues session on amendment of Section 145 of the Nigerian constitution. However various groups are seen fervently huddling together during recess.

1131 - A security detail is guarding the president’s chair to ensure Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan does not sit on the chair.

♦One hour after the weekly cabinet meeting of ministers was supposed to have commenced, there is no sign that it would hold, as all the ministers have stayed away.

Neither the Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan nor his aides have also turned up. This is very unusual, as they (the Acting President and his aides) always keep to time in past meetings. Mr Jonathan had locked out some ministers from past meeting for lateness.

However, aides to the ailing President, Umaru Yar'Adua who returned to the country, early this morning were seen at the chambers. Mr Yar Adua's (Aide-de-Camp) ADC, Mustapha Onoedieva
and Chief security Officer Yusufu Tilde were seen at the council chambers for a while earlier today, but they also left.

No presidency official is willing to talk yet.

President Umaru Yar'Adua returned to Nigeria early this morning, and was carried from the airport in an ambulance. A terse report on Nigerian Television Authority this morning said he has been taken to a ‘clinic.'

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5531463-146/live_updates_-_yaraduas_return_.csp?CSPCHD=0010000100003tlv5XV90000007u1kSXezftkiw57agLrt0Q--
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by OAM4J: 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jonathan should not resign.

Let Yaradua and his cabals do their worst.

Majority of Nigerians are behind Jonathan.

I think this is the beginning of the end.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by blacksta(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
@beaf

ol boy it looks like your boy is on the way out -
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by AfroCynic: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
Beaf, where is the volunteer office, I want to join MEND, please. If Jonathan resigns, if they force him out, let the country go as it may, let everyone return to their father's backyard. I will be through with this country. If the so called Southerners cannot once and for all reject this curse that North has held over the country!

This one done pass be careful.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Beaf: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
Nigeria will move one step closer to war if Jonathan is forced out by the army or any Northern cabal. It looks like a joke, but those guy's are committing political suicide.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by 18platoon(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
i don warn jona tey tey say make act quick quick, now see am.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Beaf: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
AfroCynic:

Beaf, where is the volunteer office, I want to join MEND, please. If Jonathan resigns, if they force him out, let the country go as it may, let everyone return to their father's backyard. I will be through with this country. If the so called Southerners cannot once and for all reject this curse that North has held over the country!

This one done pass be careful.

I don't think there's an office. But try http://mendnigerdelta.com.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by OAM4J: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
I just hope Jonathan will be strong now and refuse to be forced to resign.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Boboribo: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
I feel this Yar Adua man has humiliated us enough. I wont be surprised if Jonathan resigns. I am also sure he was not even aware that Yar Adua was returning so soon and was not in the know that he was returning yesterday night.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Pharoh: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
What is all these? angry
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by sojjy: 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
It's a pity case 4 Jonathan and d entire people of this great nation.Yar'dua should have bn impeached since if Jonathan had acted fast.Jonathan sud not resign 'cos he was duly elected.He shouldn't bow down 2 d pressure of Northerners.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by AfroCynic: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
Mehn, Jonathan is the wrong man for this job, he needs balls! Let him standa make them foolish Mallam do their worse. If today, they force him to resign, kasala go burst.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by tubabie(f): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
Am so angry and mad at the happenings in this country called Nigeria!!  angry angry
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Beaf: 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2010
This resignation thing is just a rumour the fu'cking cabal is apreading, because the desired result of Yar Adua's presence in the country is failing. The senate did'nt even acknowledge his return this morning.

They are fighting a losing battle.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by otawa: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
Am so angry and mad at the happenings in this country called Nigeria!!

Too Late.

Nigerians should have spoken out in 2007 against evil Mr Obasanjo.

You dont plant coco-yam and expect to harvet rice.

Nigerians deserves what they get!
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by henry101(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan must NOT resign.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by saharachic(f): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
can a coup take place in this situation?
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by olabukola: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
Chie Biafran war lord must be laughing his ass of where ever he is now. Nigeria is now a russian circiut
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
blacksta:

@beaf

ol boy it looks like your boy is on the way out -
roflmao, no make beaf and fellow niger deltans vex o
Beaf:

This resignation thing is just a rumour the fu'cking cabal is apreading, because the desired result of Yar Adua's presence in the country is failing. The senate did'nt even acknowledge his return this morning.

They are fighting a losing battle.
lets wait and see as event unfolds but i think the north have gained back their temporary lost power with the re-appearancel of the king of tortoise.jonathan may likely bury his head him shame afterall
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by deluxecad(m): 2:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Who controls the SSS? This account can't be true. Why would they ransack his office. Goodluck cannot resign. We'll go to war!
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by olabukola: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
deluxecad:

Who controls the SSS? This account can't be true. Why would they ransack his office. Goodluck cannot resign. We'll go to war!
You and who?
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by presido1: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
The more the drama the more love i have for IKEMBA. The man who saw tomorrow.
Nigerians stop crying and whinning let us serve our masters(Hausa).
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by enohj2ee(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
hahahahah, hahahahah, hahahahah,

I laugh again,

I am laughing becos of guys that are thinking we should go to war. Do know what is war?, can we stand for war?

why praying for w war when God is incharge?

if you all know what happened during the Ojukwu and Gowon time you will never ever pray or want to see war.

And my father uses to tell us: that until its is  Night you wont know who will sleep at the back side of the bed.

if you we all knows and see  the Blood that was shield at Abagana in Enugu state, etc
we will never pray for war again,

God bless one Nigeria
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
deluxecad:

niger deltans wan go war ke?.ask the igbo folks who fought same with nigeria before you think of another civil war, ode

1 Like

Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Beaf: 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2010
Can we talk about Nigeria for once? angry
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Afam(m): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
Why are mostly Yoruba guys on this forum bring Ojukwu and Biafra into this issue now?

When Igbos respond others will start complaining.

You guys should respect yourself and leave Ikemba alone as he did his part when circumstances demanded and the people he led and defended appreciate him and his efforts till tomorrow.

As dem talk before, Good Morning Nigeria!
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by KnowAll(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
What would happen to Akinyuli, Turai said she would show her who is boss. Looks like it is time for the first lady to have her pound of flesh.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2010
KnowAll:

What would happen to Akinyuli, Turai said she would show her who is boss. Looks like it is time for the first lady to have her pound of flesh.

Akunyili will file her resignation soon and come back home. Trust me nobody can touch if she comes back to Anambra. You think everybody will take that nonsense from Turai and Yar'adua?
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by asha80(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2010
Abeg make person no talk war here.let us enjoy our one nigeria biko in suffering or in humilation.
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
Beaf:

Can we talk about Nigeria for once? angry
Afam:

Why are mostly Yoruba guys on this forum bring Ojukwu and Biafra into this issue now?

When Igbos respond others will start complaining.

You guys should respect yourself and leave Ikemba alone as he did his part when circumstances demanded and the people he led and defended appreciate him and his efforts till tomorrow.

As dem talk before, Good Morning Nigeria!
i was only advising the niger deltans not to think of something s t u p i d by deciding to go to war atleast point out the igbo experience is not really a bad idea.lol
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by parable(m): 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2010
not who did the dribbling but who scored the goal.let the cabals continue dribbling but nigerians must be at alert to catch them on counter and sure we'l catch them unaware.parable of yar'aturai nd d northern malarms or malarias
Re: SSS Ransacks Jonathans Office by debosky(m): 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
I doubt the stories about Goodluck's offices being 'ransacked' - for what purpose?

In any case, the President's media spokesman has said Jonathan will be in charge till Yar'adua recovers fully

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8534392.stm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UPDATE: Biafrans Protesting In Abuja Right Now. Photostuesday, 1 December 2015 / Yoruba Groups To Rally Against Killings, Kidnapping In Southwest / APC Dissolves Ebonyi State EXCO, Appoint 15-member Caretaker Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.