Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Ways To Get Good Tenants - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ways To Get Good Tenants (12103 Views)

Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by ipobarecriminals: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2017
sad
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 06, 2017
bettercreature:
i wonder oo, I don't even know my tenants
It is because you haven't taken a bad tenant before. Then you will know that the point raised by OP are valid and one should do more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by hatchy(f): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2017
samyyoung:
A self contain mini flat, one sitting room,one bedroom, toilet n bath n kitchen for rent at Idimu- egbeda area of Lagos.....N200k p.a, no agreement fee, commission is N30k as I own d said newly built flat.. 08099458696
Mr Landlord what da heck?
30k for agreement alone? Which kin computer wan type the agreement documents that will take up to such amount.

You guys make life miserable for some people o.

God is recording it for you sha!

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by WarriAproko: 8:03am On Sep 06, 2017
if u get a good tenancy agreement nor fear them. Tenant can fear your agreement
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by leo047: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2017
Some tenants are devil advocate, if the landlord is good to them they will take him for granted when its comes to rent renewal....especially my IBO brothers in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by WarriAproko: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2017
wen renting a house put caution fee of maybe 50k.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by leo047: 8:05am On Sep 06, 2017
WarriAproko:
if u get a good tenancy agreement nor fear them. Tenant can fear your agreement
do u av one
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by WarriAproko: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2017
leo047:
do u av one
yes.i deal with them with agreement and rules and regulations. mind your business or park. not disturb anyone with your problems

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Prince081: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2017
Rexnegro:
igbos tenants most of Them are bad tenants in lagos....pay first year And then they show themselves. op hardly before You get such tenants.
Ethnic bigot
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by wildchild02: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2017
some people do pretend oo

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION (Sallah Promo is still on)
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by murmee: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2017
One good way to avoid bad tenants is for landlords not to source for tenants through ordinary street property agents. These agents are not trained and are only after their commissions. They don't believe in questioning or investigating prospective tenants and will offer your house to even an armed robber!

Landlords should therefore endeavor to go through trained Estate Agents (Estate Surveyors and Valuers) who will go the extra mile to investigate their clients and these days, they even ask the prospective clients to submit names of guarantors!!

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by August2Four: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2017
veekid:
Who get time for all these? Oga pay your rent and pack in
Naso ooo...no time!!!
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by joenor(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2017
Thank you, Well spell out, but if the person start with these good character n later change, what then shall we do?

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by DRISKLEF(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2017
nony43:
My own is ask him questions on what he is doing for a living, before someone will take Evans my brother or his informants as a tenant

Makes sense. But the funny thing is he wouldnt even tell you his real 'hustle'. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by saintkeppy(m): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2017
WarriAproko:
wen renting a house put caution fee of maybe 50k.
I mainly see this clause in renting a classy apartments in PH, don't know about other cities have follow suit or if its a new System.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by ImaIma1(f): 9:53am On Sep 06, 2017
Rexnegro:
igbos tenants most of Them are bad tenants in lagos....pay first year And then they show themselves. op hardly before You get such tenants.

I don't know if it is a trend. Our landladys mum kept shouting "aafe Igbo o". That she doesn't want ibo. She classified us a ibo since we are not yoruba or hausa. Even the ibo tenants at my bros house has destroyed the house and not paid for 1 and a half yrs. Their flat is in total shambles. I still think there are some good ibo tenants aside the ones that want to play a fast one
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by mezebel(f): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2017
There is this family in okpuala where the tenants are so good to the core,but the landlord's mother is worse than a beast. She is so full of herself over little accomplishment that she pours urine on the tenants whenever she is been advice to flush the toilet after use and the most annoying aspect is that his son see no problem with the mother's behavior towards the tenants. He adores a local dog more than his tenants. Always envious of tenant achievement and does not hide it. Always apportioninig blames to tenants over cleaning the yard whereas they can't even raise a broom to keep their rooms clean let alone outside their room. Very dirty to the core. Thanks to God Almighty who pays them with their wickedness. They are always victim of daily sickness,even their animals are partaker of their wicked art.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Emma1Oj(m): 10:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Rexnegro:
Bros you really kn them so... well. they are so troublesome , noise makers, no comportment, act so worthless , no privacy, to make matter worst they can be so... dirty for Africa. beside they claim they kn much where as they kn nothing. in fact I really dealt with dem and prove to dem that Edo pple no they carry last.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by hohafrank(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2017
To get a good tenant you must be a good landlord. Like begets like.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by murmee: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=DRISKLEF post=60181712]

Makes sense. But the funny thing is he wouldnt even tell you his real 'hustle'. Lol[/quote Ask for proof of whatever hustle he tells you. Investigate by asking for ID card and location of the hustle and go there to make sure his claims are correct!
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Rexnegro(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
Emma1Oj:

Bros you really kn them so... well. they are so troublesome , noise makers, no comportment, act so worthless , no privacy, to make matter worst they can be so... dirty for Africa. beside they claim they kn much where as they kn nothing. in fact I really dealt with dem and prove to dem that Edo pple no they carry last.
they plenty for my neighborhood, of our opposite neighbor, one alhaji like That we warned him to not to collect igbo tenants but he didn't hear until they started proving to him what we actually warned him About...when they came for The apartments, they behave like angels, well behaved And all That...but after The first year, they didn't pay giving flimsy excuse with arrogant manner, as if that was not Enough they didn't pay The next year again making it 2yrs until The man vex gave them quick notice from The two bedrooms flats, he's at The moment converting it to a room self contain. most igbos tenants in lagos are bunch of fools, ungrateful elements, arrogant And wicked. They think they Are wise, meanwhile they forgot What The Bible said that he who think he's wise is not. our site of 8flats That we Are building At the moment, we don already hand Over The apartments to our family lawyer Because of igbo tenants in future. na him go dey deal with them, anyone That prove stubborn will Be served court notice. igbos tenants? God forbid without lawyer involved.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by DRISKLEF(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=murmee post=60186703][/quote] He'll definately have a small hustle to use in convering up the greater eveil! That's the thing.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Rexnegro(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
ImaIma1:

I don't know if it is a trend. Our landladys mum kept shouting "aafe Igbo o". That she doesn't want ibo. She classified us a ibo since we are not yoruba or hausa. Even the ibo tenants at my bros house has destroyed the house and not paid for 1 and a half yrs. Their flat is in total shambles. I still think there are some good ibo tenants aside the ones that want to play a fast one
na so their matter Be o..bunch of ungrateful elements, idiots Tenants... tell Your Bros to involve his lawyer into his tenants issue, at most The lawyer takes The agent fee..at least his mind will Be at ease with his tenants for payment And Other house related matter. as Your landlady mum, don't blame her bro. she probably know About them or she has Been dealt with before.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Rexnegro(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
Prince081:
Ethnic bigot
Eyah sowie seems You got served with pain... Truth hurt right? idiot

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Mosmal2(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
Many landlords of today were once tenants, and many tenants of today will become landlords tomorrow.
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by ceasare: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
Rexnegro:

Spot on....i hv one now owing almost a year in 2 months time he's due for another!!!
Paid only a year and that's it.will report him at d police station soonest!

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by sorepco(m): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2017
If u own a house you would not talk like this!!

veekid:
Who get time for all these? Oga pay your rent and pack in

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Monday5(m): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
PropertiesNaija:
Renting an apartment to people can serve as a decent source of income. However, just like every other form of business, renting a house out to people, has its challenges. The primary challenge often faced by a landlord, is the type of tenant you accept. There are great tenants who you will love to rent your house to, for as long as they wish. There are also some tenants who will put you in all sorts of troubles and worries.

Every landlord does not want a bad tenant, and they can be avoided. So the question now is, how you can get good tenants, rather than bad tenants. This article is meant to answer your question, but before doing that, I want to point out something. First and foremost, we have to talk about who a good tenant is. There are two characteristics of a good tenant. We will list these two primary characteristics, then add another characteristic.

Who is a Good Tenant?
1. A Tenant Who Will Pay As At When Due
One of the primary characteristics of a good tenant is that they pay as at when due. They do not come up with excuses nor play cunning games.

2. A Tenant Who Will Not Spoil Your House
Another thing that qualifies a tenant as being good is that they do not spoil a house. Spoil as used here means two things. It refers to dirtiness and carelessness. Good tenants are those who will take good care of your house, and avoid damaging items out of carelessness.

3. A Tenant Who Is Peaceful
Ensuring that your tenant is peaceful is a great step. A good tenant will not get involved in fights which can send fellow tenants packing.

Ways To Get Good Tenants
After taking a look at some characteristics of a good tenant, Let's also attempt to look at some ways of getting good tenants, rather than the bad ones.

1. Research a Tenant’s Background
Doing some research before accepting anyone into your house is highly recommended. Here, you are required to contact the person’s former landlord and ask about the tenant’s history. Former landlords will be able to tell you about the tenant. If the person is also employed somewhere, you should contact their employer, asking about their history, their job and other necessary information.

2. Meet Your Tenant in Person
This is something that is often overlooked by landlords. Meeting your tenant in person is very important. You are not just going to meet them; you meet them to perceive the kind of person they are. Meeting them can enable you to pick up bad traits that a tenant has. Imagine a tenant who was having a drink while taking him around the house. When he finished having his drink, he tossed the container over to a corner of your house. That is a sign of bad tenant. Such signals are warning signals. Seeing your tenant in person can help you pick up warning signals.

3. Avoid Being In Haste
A lot of landlords have fallen prey of this. Being in haste is very detrimental to your business. Haste is dangerous to all forms of business. It can make you can take wrong
decisions. Always try to avoid being in haste whenever you want to rent out a house.

Source:
www.realestateko.com/ways-get-good-tenants/

www.naijapropertiesonline.com
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
ImaIma1:

It is very difficult to see the good ones. They are just generally bad. Talking from my experience as a landlord. This is not playing the ethnic card
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
Mosmal2:
Many landlords of today were once tenants, and many tenants of today will become landlords tomorrow.

Not all tenants become landlord. Some have been cursed because of the way they dealt with previous landlords
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by Lovintus2(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
Okay noted

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment
Re: Ways To Get Good Tenants by johnHerba(m): 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get A Permanent Residence Permit In Turkey. Want To Know How? / g / How Do You Carryout Integrity Test On An Abandon Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.