Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here (1115 Views)

Dont Want Your Social Media Accounts Anymore? - Lets Meet Here / Call GWD Concept For Your Bootstrap (responsive) Website At An Affordable Price / Bootstrap Vs W3.css - Which Do U Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2017
Bootstrap is a free and open-source front-end web framework for designing websites and web applications. It contains HTML- and CSS-based design templates for typography,forms, buttons, navigation and other interface components, as well as optional JavaScript extensions. Unlike many web frameworks, it concerns itself with front-end development only.
Lets come together and share ideas, files, jscripts (free and premium) tutorial to solve problems and also resolve Bootsrap web development issues.

call me Fnep Shevoo.
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bootstrap 4.0 is out.... who has link it with their websites?
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by thug: 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
It seems bootstrap doesn't have external link for JavaScript and jquerry just CDN
Who has noticed it
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bootstrap is basically Css3 and jquery nothing more........if u cant find d jquery link, its better u just compile it from scratch(it 'll cost u at least 7 nights of coding)..........oh yeah bootstrap 4 is out d link 's directly on their website but it delivers .scss files .....(saas lovers where ulna ?)

Since i dont trust bootstrap, i've decided to clone and "re-code" their jquery and css libs on my own. This way, i can have my own flavour of bootstrap.
Chikena....!!!
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
thug:
It seems bootstrap doesn't have external link for JavaScript and jquerry just CDN
Who has noticed it

Bro its there u just have to find it. infact i'll advise u stay away from CDN so u dont f**k up ur Code.
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by NarnieSnyper(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
I just started reading and watching videos about learning bootstrap about 5days ago. I am still fresh in it. I downloaded the 4. 0 version ,today, but it's been frustration upon frustration.

Please help a brother with the walkthrough from the very beginning

Thank you
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2017
NarnieSnyper:
I just started reading and watching videos about learning bootstrap about 5days ago. I am still fresh in it. I downloaded the 4. 0 version ,today, but it's been frustration upon frustration.

Please help a brother with the walkthrough from the very beginning

Thank you
state your challenges...........this thread is open to help out
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2017
fnep2smooth:

state your challenges...........this thread is open to help out

First, its the installation process. I have followed same process as instructed in a video tutorial (though it is the 3.4) version ,yet I still can't get it to work.

Second, I used my colleague's PC to try out some examples but i'm having little troubles with the JS section
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

First, its the installation process. I have followed same process as instructed in a video tutorial (though it is the 3.4) version ,yet I still can't get it to work.

Second, I used my colleague's PC to try out some examples but i'm having little troubles with the JS section
First you dont install bootstrap you link it. Get the file from the folder and paste it in your web folder (js and css folder)

Step:1
Copy bootstrap.js and bootstrap.min.js to js folder. Do the same with the css, copy it to css folder also (bootstrap.css and bootstrap.min.css)

Step:2
Link it in your text editor or dreamweaver like this.

For js

<script scr="js/bootstrap.js"></script>

<script scr="js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

For css

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap.min.css">

NOTE: The css will be at the top of your page before your </body> tag

And js will be at the botton of the page between </footer> tag and </body></html> tags.

Hope it helps. If find it difficult let us know. We are here to help each other. Thanks
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:19am On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=fnep2smooth post=60646776]
First you dont install bootstrap you link it. Get the file from the folder and paste it in your web folder (js and css folder)

Step:1
Copy bootstrap.js and bootstrap.min.js to js folder. Do the same with the css, copy it to css folder also (bootstrap.css and bootstrap.min.css)

Step:2
Link it in your text editor or dreamweaver like this.

For js

<script scr="js/bootstrap.js"></script>

<script scr="js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

For css

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap.min.css">

NOTE: The css will be at the top of your page before your </body> tag

And js will be at the botton of the page between </footer> tag and </body></html> tags.

Hope it helps. If find it difficult let us know. We are here to help each other. Thanks[/quote}

It sure did. Much gratitude, ser. I'll be coming around to ask more questions, if you don't mind. Thank u very much.
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=NarnieSnyper post=60672418][/quote]
good to know it work. feel free to ask more question. am also learning too everyday, we are here to help people learn bootstrap easyly even though its kind of complicated some time cos you have to think outside the box.
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2017
fnep2smooth:

good to know it work. feel free to ask more question. am also learning too everyday, we are here to help people learn bootstrap easyly even though its kind of complicated some time cos you have to think outside the box.

Good day,bro. I think I need ur help again. I was building a dummy site and ran into some issues:

1.) I inserted the company's logo into my header, and now it is affecting my text(the company's name) when I make it mobile view. The company's motto goes out of the header into the drop down menu.

2.) My footer is divided into 3columns(using the(col- md-4) which has contact number, then font awesome in the middle and my copyright ish at the right end. Now if i reduce it to mobile view, the footer houses only the contact number, then drops the 'font-awesome' and 'copyright' down and out of my container.

Been battling with this since on Sunday. I Don think outside box tire. Or maybe there's something that's missing and the book i read doesn't have the solution. Help abeg
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Good day,bro. I think I need ur help again. I was building a dummy site and ran into some issues:

1.) I inserted the company's logo into my header, and now it is affecting my text(the company's name) when I make it mobile view. The company's motto goes out of the header into the drop down menu.

2.) My footer is divided into 3columns(using the(col- md-4) which has contact number, then font awesome in the middle and my copyright ish at the right end. Now if i reduce it to mobile view, the footer houses only the contact number, then drops the 'font-awesome' and 'copyright' down and out of my container.

Been battling with this since on Sunday. I Don think outside box tire. Or maybe there's something that's missing and the book i read doesn't have the solution. Help abeg
paste the logo section codes an the footer codes here so that i can know the problem. sometimes it could b from the size of the logo. please paste the two section i mention let me and other gurus help you out. thanks
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by NarnieSnyper(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2017
fnep2smooth:

paste the logo section codes an the footer codes here so that i can know the problem. sometimes it could b from the size of the logo. please paste the two section i mention let me and other gurus help you out. thanks

I have found the solution; My colleague told me to reduce the font-size and it did work.
So relieved right now.

But I don't think I like this 4.0 version. They removed a lot of features from the 3.7v which I find more interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

I have found the solution; My colleague told me to reduce the font-size and it did work.
So relieved right now.

But I don't think I like this 4.0 version. They removed a lot of features from the 3.7v which I find more interesting.
yeah.. if you want to use the latest version make sure you start it from scratch cos if you are on a project and you decided to link it with version 4.0 everything will scatter so its best to start from scratch and try to go to there website to see how the v4.0 codes works.
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by sleamzy06(m): 8:18am On Nov 09, 2017
hey bosses! pls i have an issue with the toggle button on the nav bar of a website I'm working on. the button minimizes on mobile display but it does not actually toggle when i click on it. solution??

cc fnep2smooth , Budex40
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
sleamzy06:
hey bosses! pls i have an issue with the toggle button on the nav bar of a website I'm working on. the button minimizes on mobile display but it does not actually toggle when i click on it. solution??

cc fnep2smooth , Budex40
paste the code or you can use this if you want.... change it to your preferred color in your css. i copy it from the website am currently working on so edit it to suit your needs and if you are working in dreamwaever just go to to insert and find navbar and select the kind of navbar you want. make sure you link jquery to your website because thats what helps it to toggle.

<nav class="navbar navbar-default navbar-inverse">
<div class="container-fluid">
<!-- Brand and toggle get grouped for better mobile display -->
<div class="navbar-header">
<button type="button" class="navbar-toggle collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#bs-example-navbar-collapse-1" style="background-color: rgba(210,217,88,0.33);"> <span class="sr-only">Toggle navigation</span> <span class="icon-bar" style="background-color:yellow;"></span> <span class="icon-bar" style="background-color:yellow;"></span> <span class="icon-bar" style="background-color:yellow;"></span> </button>
<a class="navbar-brand" href="#"><span style="color:yellow;">Test</span><span style="color:white;">Site</span></a> </div>

<!-- Collect the nav links, forms, and other content for toggling -->
<div class="collapse navbar-collapse" id="bs-example-navbar-collapse-1">
<ul class="nav navbar-nav">
<li class="active"><a href="#">Home <span class="sr-only">(current)</span></a> </li>
<li><a href="#">E</a> </li>
<li><a href="#">C</a> </li>
<li><a href="#">A</a> </li>
</ul>
<ul class="nav navbar-nav navbar-right">
<li><a href="#">Sign In</a> </li>
<li><a href="#">FAQ</a> </li>
<li><a href="#"><span style="color:yellow;">Download App</span> <span class="glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-download" style="color:yellow;"></span></a> </li>
</ul>
</div>
<!-- /.navbar-collapse -->
</div>
<!-- /.container-fluid -->
</nav>

Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by sleamzy06(m): 9:12am On Nov 10, 2017
fnep2smooth:

paste the code or you can use this if you want.... change it to your preferred color in your css. i copy it from the website am currently working on so edit it to suit your needs and if you are working in dreamwaever just go to to insert and find navbar and select the kind of navbar you want. make sure you link jquery to your website because thats what helps it to toggle.

<nav class="navbar navbar-default navbar-inverse">
<div class="container-fluid">
<!-- Brand and toggle get grouped for better mobile display -->
<div class="navbar-header">
<button type="button" class="navbar-toggle collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#bs-example-navbar-collapse-1" style="background-color: rgba(210,217,88,0.33);"> <span class="sr-only">Toggle navigation</span> <span class="icon-bar" style="background-color:yellow;"></span> <span class="icon-bar" style="background-color:yellow;"></span> <span class="icon-bar" style="background-color:yellow;"></span> </button>
<a class="navbar-brand" href="#"><span style="color:yellow;">Test</span><span style="color:white;">Site</span></a> </div>

<!-- Collect the nav links, forms, and other content for toggling -->
<div class="collapse navbar-collapse" id="bs-example-navbar-collapse-1">
<ul class="nav navbar-nav">
<li class="active"><a href="#">Home <span class="sr-only">(current)</span></a> </li>
<li><a href="#">E</a> </li>
<li><a href="#">C</a> </li>
<li><a href="#">A</a> </li>
</ul>
<ul class="nav navbar-nav navbar-right">
<li><a href="#">Sign In</a> </li>
<li><a href="#">FAQ</a> </li>
<li><a href="#"><span style="color:yellow;">Download App</span> <span class="glyphicon glyphicon-cloud-download" style="color:yellow;"></span></a> </li>
</ul>
</div>
<!-- /.navbar-collapse -->
</div>
<!-- /.container-fluid -->
</nav>

thanks... I've seen the problem..I was missing some jquery plugins
Re: Bootstrap Users For Web Development Lets Meet Here by fnep2smooth(m): 8:42pm On May 12, 2021
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Any Established Niche Blog For Sale??? / Closed - Out of date / I Need Someone Who Can Build & Customize Wordpress Template.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.